Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Dr Cheeto posted:

You're right, for some reason I thought it was part of the second wave of SNES releases.

I think Japan got/is getting Super Star on n3DS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

gently caress Super Star, put Ultra up

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe
Why is Kirby's Dream Land 3 so underwhelming/borderline bad? You'd think after Superstar they'd finally have a good idea of what a good Kirby game is, and Dream Land 3 is basically the last SNES game so they knew the hardware really well.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Patter Song posted:

Why is Kirby's Dream Land 3 so underwhelming/borderline bad? You'd think after Superstar they'd finally have a good idea of what a good Kirby game is, and Dream Land 3 is basically the last SNES game so they knew the hardware really well.

I think it's because a different director worked on that one.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
Dream Land 3 was part of a different lineage. It's gorgeous and fun but it's not in the "moveset-based" model of Super Star, it's a sequel to a Game Boy game and the precursor to 64.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Dreamland 3 is also really good so I'm not sure why you would assume it's bad.

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I played it like two months ago, no assuming involved.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

When was Dreamland 3 bad? I remember have a blast when I played it by myself and in co-op with a friend.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

dreamland 3 is super good

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Pitch is my friend and Pitch+Spark is the best

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
If you think Dreamland 3 is bad then I'm gonna have to regretfully draw out the actually you're bad meme

Dr Cheeto posted:

Is there a reason you'd recommend Wii U VC over 3DS VC besides the fact that this is the Wii U thread?

Couch co-op is really fun and definitely a factor!

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
It's slower paced than Super Star, so if you really liked that game, you might find it hard to get used to Dreamland 3.

FruitPunchSamurai
Oct 20, 2010

I had some opinion whiplash on Dreamland 3. When I first played it I played it almost right after playing Superstar, and it felt really sluggish and boring. Coming back to it later I had a lot of fun with it and thought it was a fun, chill game. I think how much you'll enjoy kind of depends on what mood you're in. Kirby 64 also feels the same way to me.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Sakurai's games are much faster paced and feel like babby's first beat em up, while Dreamland 2, 3 and 64 were all directed by someone other than Sakurai who's style is a lot slower.

SylvainMustach
Dec 12, 2007

Superior Trash Talk!

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

People think it's bad?

I've never played a Kirby game I didn't like.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

7 Nintendo games that would make perfect movies

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!
Super Mario Bros. for starters

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Pikmin

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

#1 pick right here. It already comes prepackaged with everything. A compelling narrative, cute and charming creatures, and a cool protagonist.

#2 is Splatoon.

#3 Fire Emblem

#4 Metriod

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
Devil's Third.

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax

smell this posted:

7 Nintendo games that would make perfect movies

Wind Waker
Animal Crossing
DKC
Star Fox
Eternal Darkness
Splatoon
Pokemon (not in continuity with the cartoon)

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Fatal Frame Maiden of Blackwater essentially is a great j-horror movie. Other than that, Splatoon (albeit as nickleodeon animation leadin to tv series), Pikmin and Zelda Links Awakening

and they should just straight up make a sports underdpg movie about... ICE HOCKEY

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
There are two Fatal Frame movies in development for real, a Japanese movie and a Hollywood movie.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

#5 is Devil World

#6 is F-Zero

#7 is Advance Wars

Aithon
Jan 3, 2014

Every puzzle has an answer.
I'd submit the Wonderful 101 but it's basically already an awesomely ridiculous action movie.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
An adaptation of Subspace Emissary with R.O.B. in the lead role

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

that live action toy story but it's amiibo subspace emissary

Crinklepouch
May 30, 2016

Its a good day to do what has to be done by me and help my brother to defeat the enemys.
Earthbound

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Mario Party

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

With either Spielberg or Malick to direct

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Fun Shoe

Every once in a while the movie cuts off into text scrolling across the screen. "It's been 82 minutes since this film started. Think of all the progress you've made. When you came in you had a full bag of popcorn, but it's empty now! You rock. I know your bladder's full, but there's only 20 minutes left of the movie. It'll be challenging, but Ness, Paula, Jeff, and Poo can't beat Gigyas without you so stay right there in your seat please."

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

How is Punch-Out (with Mike Tyson cameo, natch) not #1 on your lists
What the gently caress is wrong with you people.

Crawfish posted:

Super Star isn't on the 3DS eShop yet last I checked. At least not in NA or Europe.

That's probably a big reason.

If you want Kirby Super Star on the 3DS, you should just buy Super Star Ultra anyway.

Then again, if you want Super Star on the Wii U, you should just get Kirby Dream Collection.

raditts fucked around with this message at 14:53 on Jun 6, 2016

SylvainMustach
Dec 12, 2007

Superior Trash Talk!

8-Bit Scholar posted:

I'm excited for Tokyo Mirage Sessions

I was but now I'm kinda bummed to hear that they wont have English voice acting.

It was nice to be able to do some tidying up or something else while listening to the cut scenes in Xenoblade X. The argument that it's for authenticity seems a bit dumb and honestly comes off cheap and lazy rather than an artistic choice.

I'm sure it'll be fine and probably the last good exclusively wii u game we get.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

raditts posted:

Then again, if you want Super Star on the Wii U, you should just get Kirby Dream Collection.

I didn't know such a thing existed, this looks perfect for getting my Kirb on.

Thanks, friend.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

SylvainMustach posted:

I was but now I'm kinda bummed to hear that they wont have English voice acting.

It was nice to be able to do some tidying up or something else while listening to the cut scenes in Xenoblade X. The argument that it's for authenticity seems a bit dumb and honestly comes off cheap and lazy rather than an artistic choice.

I'm sure it'll be fine and probably the last good exclusively wii u game we get.

Yeah, it'll be another JRPG in my backlog until Zelda U arrives next year. Although Nintendo's 4Kids-treatment on the game is making me slightly nervous...

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!

SylvainMustach posted:

It's not about authenticity, that was a bullshit excuse from the start. The game loving cratered in Japan and there's no reason to believe it won't do the same here, so they're not bothering with dubbing it.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

They didn't bother because only about 1% of the people interested in it care about English dubbing
Or at least care enough to lose them sales

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

PaletteSwappedNinja fucked around with this message at 15:45 on Jun 6, 2016

SylvainMustach
Dec 12, 2007

Superior Trash Talk!

Rexroom posted:

Yeah, it'll be another JRPG in my backlog until Zelda U arrives next year. Although Nintendo's 4Kids-treatment on the game is making me slightly nervous...

Those were/are hideous but I don't think it'll reflect the gameplay. That's about as optimistic as I'll get about it.

Artix posted:

It's not about authenticity, that was a bullshit excuse from the start. The game loving cratered in Japan and there's no reason to believe it won't do the same here, so they're not bothering with dubbing it.

How bad did it do?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
First week sales were ~23k. Comparably to, if slightly less, than the average Neptunia games. For within their own franchises, SMTIV did almost 190k first week, and FE: Fates did over 300k.

• Locked thread