Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

did ccp do anything at all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Martin BadClixx
Jul 14, 2012

dada stijl

:cumpolice:

Reverand maynard posted:

Ccp did nothing wrong! Free CCP.

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

Reverand maynard posted:

This is the million dollar question for the past 13 years of EVE: Online.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

they probably handwaved it as noise on the forums

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
I would apply to work at CCP in some poo poo-tier entry level job just to flip Fozzie's desk then get fired.

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

It just so happens, when I'm probated, I'm an everflowing fount of sick burns and one-liners. When I'm free, I have nothing to contribute.

Also, people told me to gank RVMCFc to get vengeance for my probation. But with great (ganking) power comes great (ganking) responsibility.

E: anyone who says gf has a Corp API key on zkill is smoking crack. Boney is in waffe, and his personal API is not on zkill. The only way his kills show up is if the victim has an API on zkill. Proof available if required.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
Probations are the worst. "lowtax doesn't want your money he just wants you to shut the gently caress up for once"

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

DisgracelandUSA posted:

It just so happens, when I'm probated, I'm an everflowing fount of sick burns and one-liners. When I'm free, I have nothing to contribute.

Also, people told me to gank RVMCFc to get vengeance for my probation. But with great (ganking) power comes great (ganking) responsibility.

E: anyone who says gf has a Corp API key on zkill is smoking crack. Boney is in waffe, and his personal API is not on zkill. The only way his kills show up is if the victim has an API on zkill. Proof available if required.

I have no APIs on zkill but by solo losses to concord and faction police still end up there.

Is some pilot in Waffe scraping and uploading the kill reports page automatically?

Martin BadClixx
Jul 14, 2012

dada stijl

:cumpolice:

Zephyrine posted:

I have no APIs on zkill but by solo losses to concord and faction police still end up there.

Is some pilot in Waffe scraping and uploading the kill reports page automatically?

What about your corp or alliance? Maybe one of them.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 17 hours!

Reverand maynard posted:

No.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

DisgracelandUSA posted:

I have nothing to contribute.

Yeah we know #gotem

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

Zephyrine posted:

PS I'm still working on your spacebarbie drawing. I might resort to making a 3D model of it so I don't have to deal with rendering the light on the shiny armor.

YouTuber
Jul 31, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Thatim posted:

What about your corp or alliance? Maybe one of them.

PL doesn't give out API and I'm going to presume that this extends to Horde since Gobbins was around for the t20 incidents. PL has seen far too much of :ccp: at work to ever trust them not to expose data via the API that shouldn't be accessible. Hell, the old Full API would expose poo poo like character transfers even though it wasn't supposed to.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

YouTuber posted:

PL doesn't give out API and I'm going to presume that this extends to Horde since Gobbins was around for the t20 incidents. PL has seen far too much of :ccp: at work to ever trust them not to expose data via the API that shouldn't be accessible. Hell, the old Full API would expose poo poo like character transfers even though it wasn't supposed to.

Oh I see, because T20. That explains everything.

YouTuber
Jul 31, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

frozenpussy posted:

Oh I see, because T20. That explains everything.

PL has a mistrust of anything they can't verify and modify the code for. You have to take it on faith that CCP is a competent developer and the API isn't exposing data it shouldn't. Plus a dude from PL was banned over the t20 incident in the first place so even though few people in the leadership remain from that time the mistrust still is carried down.

I had asked whether or not XMPP was checked as an alternative to IRC when we transferred from pl.com to pl.pl during our shuffling of admins. XMPP wasn't deemed secure enough platform (well the plugins we'd need) compared to the IRC setup we had prior. Hell, even when they do reviews of the software before deploying it we still can manage to find horrible flaws. When ISRAD declared a rep war we managed to expose a major flaw. The reputation system was allowing access to restricted forums and had to be disabled until a patch was written. They try minimizing the attack surface as much as possible and adding your API in on a public site doesn't really give you much returns other than a place to wank off over killmails. Something that modern PL isn't really interested in except as a datapoint for "We got loving smoked in this fleet fight, why?"

YouTuber fucked around with this message at 01:36 on Jun 6, 2016

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

YouTuber posted:

a place to wank off over killmails. Something that modern PL isn't really interested in except as a datapoint for "We got loving smoked in this fleet fight, why?"

Mittens said we care, we must care.

OUR IDENTITY!

Fix Lag
Sep 8, 2011

There's a sale at Penny's!

Xolve posted:

Mittens said we care, we must care.

OUR IDENTITY!

Xolve you're better than this kind of posting

or then again, maybe you're not

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Fix Lag posted:

Xolve you're better than this kind of posting

The worst part about this war- is there's little to post about.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

YouTuber posted:

PL has a mistrust of anything they can't verify and modify the code for. You have to take it on faith that CCP is a competent developer and the API isn't exposing data it shouldn't. Plus a dude from PL was banned over the t20 incident in the first place so even though few people in the leadership remain from that time the mistrust still is carried down.

I had asked whether or not XMPP was checked as an alternative to IRC when we transferred from pl.com to pl.pl during our shuffling of admins. XMPP wasn't deemed secure enough platform (well the plugins we'd need) compared to the IRC setup we had prior. Hell, even when they do reviews of the software before deploying it we still can manage to find horrible flaws. When ISRAD declared a rep war we managed to expose a major flaw. The reputation system was allowing access to restricted forums and had to be disabled until a patch was written. They try minimizing the attack surface as much as possible and adding your API in on a public site doesn't really give you much returns other than a place to wank off over killmails. Something that modern PL isn't really interested in except as a datapoint for "We got loving smoked in this fleet fight, why?"

so don't enter full everything APIs into things, or are you saying the API leaks endpoints outside of its access mask.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

vulvamancer posted:

I watched your latest nullsec video, usually you try to be unbiased but I like how you couldn't help but throw in a "finally" when talking about our allies leaving.

That was an unintentional emphasis on "finally", then again people have whinged about wanting to boot FCON over the past few years so :shrug:

#FuckFCON

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

YouTuber posted:

At an individual line-member level Horde doesn't care where people put their APIs in. It's directors who are basically told not to use their director API on non PL.PL services.

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 02:39 on Jun 6, 2016

Eminai
Apr 29, 2013

I agree with Dante, that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality.

frozenpussy posted:

so don't enter full everything APIs into things, or are you saying the API leaks endpoints outside of its access mask.

He's saying that PL is paranoid about :ccp: pushing a change to the API that breaks access masks and leads to e.g. the guy behind zkill getting access to an alliance's asset lists when he was supposed to only get kill data.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

Eminai posted:

He's saying that PL is paranoid about :ccp: pushing a change to the API that breaks access masks and leads to e.g. the guy behind zkill getting access to an alliance's asset lists when he was supposed to only get kill data.
I can agree with that

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
samurai stunt told me to watch some anime, and after watching this one anime where people who died in game died irl, how many plex for snitches do you think ccp would give you if you found and showed them a bug that could kill people irl?

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

samurai stunt told me to watch some anime, and after watching this one anime where people who died in game died irl, how many plex for snitches do you think ccp would give you if you found and showed them a bug that could kill people irl?

Is it a bug or a feature?

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011
PSA
Bob Ross is streaming on netflix. Goon active levels skyrocketed last time this happened, watch out cfc dot

Fix Lag
Sep 8, 2011

There's a sale at Penny's!
Baited on a free can freighter.

kyle_myr: why is solitude the dumbest region

Fix Lag fucked around with this message at 04:36 on Jun 6, 2016

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
I'm actually willing to believe PL has undergone enough of a culture shift that losses don't matter as long as fun was had.

https://zkillboard.com/related/30004211/201606051900/

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
3.4 bil to 6.3, that means you guys had... almost twice the fun of the other side!

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

frozenpussy posted:

I'm actually willing to believe PL has undergone enough of a culture shift that losses don't matter as long as fun was had.

I see a lot of ncdot guys from last year in PL this year. Who's feeding ncdot now that nulli died??

vulvamancer
Oct 2, 2006

Yes! It all makes sense! We may be freaks, but we're freaks with teeth, and claws, and magic wands! And together, we can stand up to Farquaad!
LOL @ Sour Namy talking poo poo about grindr fleet and how it's a bad doctrine. I'm in irony overload mode right now.

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011
BFM also came at me about grinder fleet being poo poo in #zulu one night too fwiw.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

vulvamancer posted:

LOL @ Sour Namy talking poo poo about grindr fleet and how it's a bad doctrine. I'm in irony overload mode right now.

I thought he got purged for being an insufferable shitlord in skirmish commanders

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011
If that was bannable yall would have been rid of me long long ago

KaoliniteMilkshake
Jul 9, 2010

Orange Red Bull posted:

I thought he got purged for being an insufferable shitlord in skirmish commanders

can you get purged from skirmish commanders?

i mean, beyond 'being clay'

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

frozenpussy posted:

If it really is true that PL care about laughs more than winning, then... cultural victory! :confuoot:

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

KaoliniteMilkshake posted:

can you get purged from skirmish commanders?

i mean, beyond 'being clay'

If i recall correctly he was an Fcon guy who had a better fit and tactic for everything as per usual

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011

Syndic Thrass posted:

If that was bannable yall would have been rid of me long long ago

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011
Asher always called the wrong primary

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stale meme dot png
May 5, 2015
College Slice