Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CashEnsign
Feb 7, 2015
Just use mouse keys. '+' for double click

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

CashEnsign posted:

Just use mouse keys. '+' for double click

It was so I can do a left click and a right click with one button press, but yeah they're right I probably shouldn't do it.

Balls to the Mall
Feb 11, 2011

Kinda disappointing for it to be yet another trump av.

:wom:
Chronicle: RuneScape Legends, the RS CCG, is now out on Steam for Free
http://store.steampowered.com/app/205890/

I would say it is worth a shot. I am not a CCG fan and I have been pretty hooked. Been playing since open beta.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
What's with mmos making card games, filling their games with npcs playing their card games, then not letting you play the card game in the mmo

CashEnsign
Feb 7, 2015

Robo Reagan posted:

What's with mmos making card games, filling their games with npcs playing their card games, then not letting you play the card game in the mmo

Burthrope Games Room

LemonyTang
Nov 29, 2009

Ask me about holding 4gate!

Easiest question on the survey. https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/2017RS

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

edit: the code for the yak scythe is 28052016 , tell it to diango or ianto

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

It is the easiest yet you got it wrong smh

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

elemental workshop should be shot and buried along with rat pits

allta
Mar 28, 2011
Kind of another empty month but hey at least there's an update worth logging in for!

quote:

Behind the Scenes – June 2016
The RuneScape 2017 Survey is now live! Have your say on the updates that will shape the next year.
The ultimate nostalgic quest, Summer Hiscores and a new boss…The Summer of Adventure awaits!
June is the beginning of the huge Summer of Adventure - three months crammed full of amazing content to suit everyone. From skillers to killers, questers to “festers” - it’s a summer bursting with joy! If you’re not a member right now, check out the great Summer Special membership promotion to save yourself some cash and bag the fantastic, new Illumination aura.
So what’s the Summer of Adventure? Well, it’s all about giving you what you want and celebrating the fantastic 15th year of RuneScape with brand new, iconic content. There will be nostalgic nods to the past, explorations of new parts of the game and more embracing of the power of NXT with beautiful additions to our rich, expanding, vibrant world.
Of course, for many of us, it all boils down to XP - so starting in June and lasting for the whole summer, you’ll be able to use the Illumination aura. More powerful than those before it, this beauty grants a 10% XP boost when activated, which jumps to a +100% XP bonus on every fifth activation -double XP for the win!
Whilst using the aura, you’ll take part in our brand new Summer HiScores tables, competing against friends and arch-nemeses alike for “top-dog” status. Everyone starts from zero, so it’s a great chance to show off your RuneScape skills and gains.

Gower Quest – free for everyone!
I mentioned nostalgic and iconic content earlier and there’s nothing more truly RuneScape than the Gower brothers - the guys who first imagined this crazy world. To celebrate their amazing contributions over the years, we’re adding them to the game in June and given them their own quest – one they designed themselves, that showcases everything weird and wacky…especially cabbages.
You see, they’ve taken up residence as “cabbagemancers”, and need your help because their beloved cabbage patch has stopped working. The quest is full of references to RuneScape’s history, forgotten NPC backstories, old school puzzles and a very, very strange way of looking at the way our world works. Requirements are low and it is perfect for absolutely every one of you guys to try out – whether you see yourself as free, old school, classic or modern, you simply have to give it a go.

Telos – New Solo Boss
Also in June we’re introducing our next ferocious boss monster aimed squarely at the solo combat player. Due to your proximity to the raging battle in God Wars Dungeon 2, the perfect defence has awoken – Telos. Noisy neighbours are never a good thing, but this behemoth has a rage unlike any other – a rage that, if allowed, will grow to make him the toughest boss on the planet!
In his early form, players with decent gear, like the shiny new equipment obtained from God Wars Dungeon 2, should be able to take him down, but allowing his rage to grow is the key to unlocking all its greatest rewards, including 3 new high-level weapons and a new ability. Good luck, you’re gonna need it.

In Other News | New Tier 90 Augmentable Gear
Elsewhere, our Ninjas have been doing some summer adventuring themselves, exploring tier 90 armours, defenders and a range of other high-level, big hitting equipment, and making them augmentable! Thanks Ninjas!

Solomon’s Store & Treasure Hunter – upcoming stuff!
We’re also releasing the Armour of Seasons – your chance to complete your Seasons gear set with some great looking, themed pieces. You can collect the resources necessary through Firemaking, Woodcutting, Herblore and Farming, and combine the rewards to create the fantastic finished set!
The Gemerator will also appear in Treasure Hunter, allowing you to generate new prizes and some gem-themed outfits, perfect for those who like a bit of razzle dazzle.
Solomon’s also got the perfect adventuring cosmetics for those of you who think there’s a sting in your tail – scorpion outfits await and some fearsome manticore weapon sets, embodying the animal theming for all combatants.

Summer Sweepstakes
And don’t forget - all members over the summer will also earn regular tickets to enter our Summer Sweepstake, where you can earn some awesome prizes – including a trip to Jagex HQ.
The Summer of Adventure awaits!
Have fun, w00ters out.
So yeah literally 2 updates the whole month but on the plus side it seems like were getting tier 95 weapons but they're more than likely going to be 1h. Also, because I know jagex, I'm assuming the boss doesn't have some horrible gimmicky mechanic like arraxor and his(her?) rage meter so it'll be completely inaccessible to mid/low-high level players which I'm fine with but I don't really get why jagex doesn't release a giant mole tier boss every once and awhile, there really isn't much for the mid level crowd.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
That XP aura getting stronger with each use is on the same level as Blizzard locking stuff you need for raiding behind daily quests. Gotta keep people logging in every day. :v:

LemonyTang
Nov 29, 2009

Ask me about holding 4gate!

allta posted:

Kind of another empty month but hey at least there's an update worth logging in for!

So yeah literally 2 updates the whole month but on the plus side it seems like were getting tier 95 weapons but they're more than likely going to be 1h. Also, because I know jagex, I'm assuming the boss doesn't have some horrible gimmicky mechanic like arraxor and his(her?) rage meter so it'll be completely inaccessible to mid/low-high level players which I'm fine with but I don't really get why jagex doesn't release a giant mole tier boss every once and awhile, there really isn't much for the mid level crowd.

GWD2 is pretty mid-tier. I mean it's not Giant Mole, but it's not that much harder than GWD1. Helluva lot easier than Arraxor

thechosenone
Mar 21, 2009
is runescape good for casual gamers? as in, can you just gently caress around and do whatever and not feel like your wasting money?

like, do I have to be hardcore to like this? as in, hardcore mmo player?

This isn't a joke or anything, just kind of stupid sounding since I don't know exactly how to ask, and I am a bit tired. I also feel like I don't appreciate how jagex is making it so that more and more you end up paying just to get past the grind.

actually, I think that last bit I just mentioned convinced me not to play jagex's damned torment people until they cough up dough scheme. I do want you to know that you guys are cool, and that while I am kind of mad a jagex for basically trying to shake people down, that I don't blame you guys for the decsions of money grubbing blah blah blah...

I'm just gonna go to the general games subforum and look around for something that better suits me. I'm just going to leave this trainwreck of a post here unchanged for posterity.

Hope you guys have fun (and I really mean it).

though If you guys have something to say about the initial part of the post, I would totes still listen. Sorry about being wishy washy. Still not editing for grammar or anything though.

thechosenone fucked around with this message at 06:15 on May 30, 2016

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

thechosenone posted:

is runescape good for casual gamers? as in, can you just gently caress around and do whatever and not feel like your wasting money?

like, do I have to be hardcore to like this? as in, hardcore mmo player?

You can be casual in RS3. There's a ton of early and mid tier content, quests and skilling. You only really need to be hardcore if you don't want to do dungeoneering/raids/group bosses with complete and utter morons. A ton of moms play rs and I don't think they have the time to be hardcore.
I dunno if how you feel about treasure hunter is enough to stop you, but IMO the exp from lamps is garbage at lower levels and outside of skilling gear and the occasional promotion it's useless as anything but a tiny daily boost.

The end game is just hard bosses, raids and 120/200m grinding your arm, rear end and body to dust.

Balls to the Mall
Feb 11, 2011

Kinda disappointing for it to be yet another trump av.

:wom:
I feel like I have played RuneScape casually for 5 years. There have been times when I have put a bit more effort in and there have been times when I have hardly played for months.
I'm sitting at average 94 in all skills and am quite content.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I don't know what you mean squeezing money out of people either. The only payment that isn't cosmetic or bank slots is :10bux: a month for members since f2p is pretty much a free trial.

thechosenone
Mar 21, 2009
eh, not too important. Got the membership anyway. So, how do I do that whole contribution thing? I'm jimi893, in case I'm already part of the clan.

And just to be clear, nothing negative I've said would ever be directed towards the people actually creating or maintaining content for runescape. they are just doing their job.

wait, you can buy bank slots?

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

thechosenone posted:

eh, not too important. Got the membership anyway. So, how do I do that whole contribution thing? I'm jimi893, in case I'm already part of the clan.

And just to be clear, nothing negative I've said would ever be directed towards the people actually creating or maintaining content for runescape. they are just doing their job.

wait, you can buy bank slots?

You can't contribute to the citadel until you've been in the clan for a week because some dumb reason.

Yeah once you've been playing for like years and finally fill up your bank capacity, you can buy packs of 50 bank slots. This can be done both with the runecoins thing which you need to pay money for, or loyalty points which you get just for continuing to be a member.

thechosenone
Mar 21, 2009
how do I join goonscape? sorry if the op says how, I looked and could not find it.

not the op, whatever part would talk about joining goonscape.

thechosenone fucked around with this message at 21:43 on May 30, 2016

Dubstep Jesus
Jun 27, 2012

by exmarx
I think just join the guest chat and ask to join but I don't remember how you join a guest chat

allta
Mar 28, 2011
Note to anyone playing osrs ever, dont ever mention rs3. It causes every pubie in 50 squares of you to freak out because you said you play it and even suggested that its a good game.

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014

allta posted:

Note to anyone playing osrs ever, dont ever mention rs3. It causes every pubie in 50 squares of you to freak out because you said you play it and even suggested that its a good game.

I can't imagine wanting to interact with anyone in OSRS or rs3 other than people I already know but maybe that's just me.

I recently got into OSRS and am enjoying it far more than rs3 but it's whatever. Different strokes for different folks.

Macha
Mar 6, 2016
Hello all!

I just installed Runescape for the first time in years. I think the last time I even played this game was 12 years ago and when I had dialup. With the addition of the new Runescape card game, inspired after Hearthstone, I decided to give the main game a try again.

I hope to be playing with many of you soon. Can I haz dragon longsword pls? :v:

Also, any tips that can be given by you more experienced goons? Right now I'm planning on playing f2p for a while. Last game I spent money on (BDO) turned out awful. As did Archeage. And I don't feel like paying monthly for a mmo. I already do that for EVE.

Also I did wonder, for a melee character, what are the advantages/disadvantages to using a 1-h sword and shield compared to a 2-h sword.

And is it still possible and stupid easy to lure people out to the wilderness like on old runescape, and then beat them to a pulp for their gear? That was always fun.
Last time I played I think I got banned for scamming doing the old 'will trim your armor for gold' trick.

Edit: What the gently caress is this Runescape, Runescape 2, Runescape 3, and Old School Runescape poo poo? Im legit lost on which one I should be playing.

Macha fucked around with this message at 18:14 on Jun 2, 2016

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014
There is old school runescape, which is a backup of the game circa 2007 with additional content that is added separate from the "Main game".

Runescape 3 is what everyone colloquially calls the current Runescape since it's gone through a lot of updates. I think Jagex pushes it as runescape 3 but that's confusing to most who didn't know that the runescape from way back when was actually Runescape 2.

E: wildy luring is probably impossible given the wildy ditch you have to jump now. The combat isn't deep enough for you to ever have to worry about 1h vs 2h so do what you want. Most people at lower levels use scimmys because of the attack speed I think?

Zodack fucked around with this message at 19:13 on Jun 2, 2016

Macha
Mar 6, 2016
And if I want to, in the future, play with Goons, is there a certain game I should play? Does everyone play on the current Runescape, or Runescape 2?

I'm a sucker for training skills up. Does training skills like mining and logcutting do anything to help the citadels/guild castles? I never played runescape when they had guild halls, so not sure if me doing that stuff actually helps, or is just being a leech.

Edit: Nevermind. Saw that you pretty much answered it, I just have poo poo reading comprehension. The 'current' runescape is the one they push as 'Runescape 3'. Thanks!

Why is mining and chopping wood and just killing things so drat satisfying in this game? This game looks like crap, and is empty a lot of the time, but in a way it is charming and so fun.

Macha fucked around with this message at 14:43 on Jun 3, 2016

Professor Oak
Jun 8, 2010
You scrubs need to be more prepared for bossing, I'm trying to make you all filthy rich. I blame Swicky entirely.

E: I just had to x log and hope I don't die to qbd, because I forgot runes. I also blame Swicky for this.

E2: I told you so.

Professor Oak fucked around with this message at 20:40 on Jun 5, 2016

Doc Neutral
Jan 31, 2014
I had a pretty highly leveled character way back when, which I last played around 5 years ago and my email is registered, the thing is I can log into my account on the website yet I don't have a character name and I'm wondering if I a) my character has been removed and I'll have to start from scratch or b) my character still exist but I have to choose another name?

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

Doc Neutral posted:

I had a pretty highly leveled character way back when, which I last played around 5 years ago and my email is registered, the thing is I can log into my account on the website yet I don't have a character name and I'm wondering if I a) my character has been removed and I'll have to start from scratch or b) my character still exist but I have to choose another name?

A few years ago they wiped all "inactive" account names. If you hadn't logged on for like... 2 years? your name would be wiped and replaced with Player#####.

The stats and items are all the same, you just get to pick a free new name (or your old name if nobody is using it)

Macha
Mar 6, 2016
I found out you have to be a member to go into the Goon citadel? Looks like I'll never mine in the Goon iron mines now :(

Doc Neutral
Jan 31, 2014

Spergminer posted:

A few years ago they wiped all "inactive" account names. If you hadn't logged on for like... 2 years? your name would be wiped and replaced with Player#####.

The stats and items are all the same, you just get to pick a free new name (or your old name if nobody is using it)

Ok phew, thought my character was deleted. I'm just wondering is there a goon citadel on OSRS?

thechosenone
Mar 21, 2009
Yoyoyo its ya boy, jimi893! I capped my clan contribution

allta
Mar 28, 2011

thechosenone posted:

Yoyoyo its ya boy, jimi893! I capped my clan contribution

Did we ever decide on what compensation was going to be for capping? I'm willing to back pay a lot of people but with everyone having avatar access these days it seems like upkeep is a nonissue most weeks

Swicky
Dec 29, 2013

DAY MAN
AHH AHH AHHHHHHH
FIGHTER OF THE NIGHT MAN
AHH AHH AHHHHHHH
He's a master of karate and friendship, for everyone

Professor Oak posted:

You scrubs need to be more prepared for bossing, I'm trying to make you all filthy rich. I blame Swicky entirely.

E: I just had to x log and hope I don't die to qbd, because I forgot runes. I also blame Swicky for this.

E2: I told you so.

I'll take the hit for incapability for making everyone SUPER filthy rich

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

( 1st medium clue, 5,8m in ge )

Reminder that you should do clues.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

allta posted:

Did we ever decide on what compensation was going to be for capping? I'm willing to back pay a lot of people but with everyone having avatar access these days it seems like upkeep is a nonissue most weeks

Can there be more than one avatar out at a time? I've been ignoring orts because I cba/don't notice when someone else grabs it

Blacula
Dec 22, 2008

One per world, unlimited in the citadel.

Orts are also virtual currency now, no longer take up physical inventory space.

Swicky
Dec 29, 2013

DAY MAN
AHH AHH AHHHHHHH
FIGHTER OF THE NIGHT MAN
AHH AHH AHHHHHHH
It's awesome that the clan is more active nowadays

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Posting the Prima Guide for Ironman since we were talking about it in clan chat

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/17_13tJf3gQoDTMj9hmSFTTM_TVG-4TySWF1pPXkTp1w/edit

Macha
Mar 6, 2016
Is this game worth the monthly? Right now I think Id just mostly pay monthly so I can access the drat citadel for training and making sweet sweet gold for poopsocking my skills.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Swicky
Dec 29, 2013

DAY MAN
AHH AHH AHHHHHHH
FIGHTER OF THE NIGHT MAN
AHH AHH AHHHHHHH
Had a Araxxor trip where i killed him TWICE, i've never done that, so proud of myself