Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Lurdiak posted:

He's like 3.

So he, Kid-Vision, Reborn Loki, and possibly some other guys should form the We Are Technically Preschool Aged Avengers?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Bring back the Future Foundation, and put Skaar on the team with the rest of the kids. All the young geniuses, and Skaar like "But what if...we smashed?" And that's the solution to a complex, cosmic problem.

EDIT: I'd also like to note that Skaar was instrumental to Norman Osborn's downfall, being the traitor in Dark Avengers 2.0. Captain America gave him a very large cellphone.

Open Marriage Night fucked around with this message at 09:28 on Jun 4, 2016

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Die Laughing posted:

EDIT: I'd also like to note that Skaar was instrumental to Norman Osborn's downfall, being the traitor in Dark Avengers 2.0. Captain America gave him a very large cellphone.

I think it's for the better if we all forget that Dark Avengers 2 happened.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

TwoPair posted:

I think it's for the better if we all forget that Dark Avengers 2 happened.

Don't worry, we already have.

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need

Die Laughing posted:

Bring back the Future Foundation, and put Skaar on the team with the rest of the kids. All the young geniuses, and Skaar like "But what if...we smashed?" And that's the solution to a complex, cosmic problem.

I thought that was Hulkling?

(Civil War (the first one) (well, the first *Marvel* one) #6)

And I was *sooooo* tempted to toss up Mightgodking's edit for this. :V

I vaguely recall Skaar being involved but more as a typical teenage rear end in a top hat gamma-irradiated teenage rear end in a top hat.

Unrelated: Wile E. Coyote is facepalming right now.

Tavarin
May 10, 2003

I am definitely a madman with a box

Ygolonac posted:

In the series Dark Avengers, Skaar is a double agent helping Cap.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

This new Digger Harkness redesign isn't very good.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Ygolonac posted:

And I was *sooooo* tempted to toss up Mightgodking's edit for this. :V

I vaguely recall Skaar being involved but more as a typical teenage rear end in a top hat gamma-irradiated teenage rear end in a top hat.
Oh that's painfully blatant exposition.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Ygolonac posted:

And that's why you never depend solely on biometrics. C'mon, Reed, this is basic stuff.

Moreau
Jul 26, 2009

Is... is he supposed to be aboriginal? If so, dare I ask if the artist has ever seen an aboriginal person?

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Moreau posted:

Is... is he supposed to be aboriginal? If so, dare I ask if the artist has ever seen an aboriginal person?

Also, who puts pirate boots on a costume in tyool 2016?

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Moreau posted:

pft, black's black, amirite?

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Ygolonac posted:

Unrelated: Wile E. Coyote is facepalming right now.

Still a better representative for Australia than DC's Tasmanian Devil.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Yvonmukluk posted:

Oh that's painfully blatant exposition.

How about this, then?

(From MGK's Civil War edits.)

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

Also, who puts pirate boots on a costume in tyool 2016?

Technically, it was TYOOL 2010.

Guarding the Globe (as that series was eventually retitled) and Invincible Universe were cool, so of course they're gone now because Robert Kirkman can't go a year without some kind of global catastrophe in Invincible.

Goffer
Apr 4, 2007
"..."

Selachian posted:

Still a better representative for Australia than DC's Tasmanian Devil.

Found out the other day that Bishop is meant to be an aboriginal Australian too

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

prefect posted:

How about this, then?

(From MGK's Civil War edits.)

It never occurred to me until now that Hulkling is a half Skrull who was imitating Hank Pym, who ends up being revealed to have been replaced by a Skrull in Secret Invasion.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Die Laughing posted:

It never occurred to me until now that Hulkling is a half Skrull who was imitating Hank Pym, who ends up being revealed to have been replaced by a Skrull in Secret Invasion.

I never ended up reading all of Secret Invasion, how far back are we talking here?

Canemacar
Mar 8, 2008

Goffer posted:

Found out the other day that Bishop is meant to be an aboriginal Australian too

Well, less meant to be, as retconned into being a descendant of Gateway.

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Now prepare yourselves! You're the guests of honor at the Greatest Kung Fu Cannibal BBQ Ever!

I'm not a big comics fan, but has there ever been a comic mini-series all about a protagonist getting caught up in all of these dumb secret infiltrator conspiracies colliding into each other, so you end up with SHIELD agents that are secretly Hydra infiltrators who are secretly Skrulls being backstabbed by a skrull that's secretly a Doombot etc. until the climax is one big clusterfuck of reveals that makes the end of Metal Gear Solid 2 look sane and uncomplicated?

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Canemacar posted:

Well, less meant to be, as retconned into being a descendant of Gateway.

Lobdell weakly implied that M will be his mother, if that hasn't been superceded by other comics since. It was the issue where a :frogsiren:mummy:frogsiren: with an Emplate mouth in his chest teleport-kicks Bishop.

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me

Ratoslov posted:

I'm not a big comics fan, but has there ever been a comic mini-series all about a protagonist getting caught up in all of these dumb secret infiltrator conspiracies colliding into each other, so you end up with SHIELD agents that are secretly Hydra infiltrators who are secretly Skrulls being backstabbed by a skrull that's secretly a Doombot etc. until the climax is one big clusterfuck of reveals that makes the end of Metal Gear Solid 2 look sane and uncomplicated?

Hickman's Secret Warriors is what you're looking for. It's great.

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need

Avulsion posted:

Hickman's Secret Warriors is what you're looking for. It's great.

Yuuuup.

Things get crossed off the list on both sides. :allears: Temporarily, at least.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
They both write really small.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Ygolonac posted:

Yuuuup.

Things get crossed off the list on both sides. :allears: Temporarily, at least.

Last time that we posted we came to the conclusion all of his lists end with Kill Spider-man

haitfais
Aug 7, 2005

I am offended by your ham, sir.

bobkatt013 posted:

Last time that we posted we came to the conclusion all of his lists end with Kill Spider-man

-Eggs
-Milk
-Bratwurst
-Broccoli
-Naan Bread
-Kill Spider-Man

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Ratoslov posted:

Keromaru5
Dec 28, 2012

Pictured: The Wolf Of Gubbio (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

Ratoslov posted:

I suddenly want to read a superhero version of The Man Who Was Thursday.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Oglaf is the goddamned best thing ever.

Benito Cereno
Jan 20, 2006

ALLEZ-OUP!

Moreau posted:

That is just a promotional image, one of the first drawings the artist had done of him. He was drawn differently in the actual issues.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

bobkatt013 posted:

I'm actually kinda shocked it's not at the very top. Or on there multiple times.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

No. You can't kill Spider-Man first. You have to destroy everything around him before you finish off Spidey. Someone got that page from the end of Mark Millar's run handy? You know, the letter.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

SonicRulez posted:

I'm actually kinda shocked it's not at the very top. Or on there multiple times.

I sort of like the implication that Osborn would clone Spidey to kill him multiple times. Maybe have them in different suits so if he's in the mood for the black costume, he's covered.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Gaz-L posted:

I sort of like the implication that Osborn would clone Spidey to kill him multiple times. Maybe have them in different suits so if he's in the mood for the black costume, he's covered.

In Dark Avengers the Mac Gargan Venom needs to be fed entire people for some reason so they feed him captured Skrulls that he coaxes into turning into Spider-man before devouring them.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Rhyno posted:

In Dark Avengers the Mac Gargan Venom needs to be fed entire people for some reason so they feed him captured Skrulls that he coaxes into turning into Spider-man before devouring them.

:chloe:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Later they feed him captured Atlanteans and he comments that he likes sea food!

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

Rhyno posted:

But...why would they do that? Why would they do that for him?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

SonicRulez posted:

Norman Osborn is a loving lunatic and it amuses him to have a pet Spider-Man, especially one that is so cruel and inhuman.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

SonicRulez posted:

They were not all right in the head, you see.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

Skwirl posted:

Norman Osborn is a loving lunatic and it amuses him to have a pet Spider-Man, especially one that is so cruel and inhuman.

No, but why would the Skrulls oblige? If he's about to kill them, why are they granting him a final request? That's ridiculous. Why wouldn't every Skrull tell him to gently caress right off?