Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lewtt
Apr 2, 2011

The Great Twist

CrusherEAGLE posted:

Better hurry up, a lot of us are thinking of dropping unfortunately.

Wont be home till 5pm pst
If the split happens then i can steal the guild bank at long last

PS I figured out how to steal the guild bank

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deranged M
Nov 14, 2012
I joined guild week ago and I would love to do more PVP and come help people out but I feel totally useless. I'm lvl 51 and still working on my gear. It would be cool if someone could give some pvp guidance until I grind my soul out and become useful.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

Wassbix posted:

Noooo don't mention guild bosses, you monster.

Last time, someone mentioned guild bosses are fun and we should do it, there was a 3 hr mumble slap fight that was agonizing to listen to.

to be in that mumble channel is to be griefing your self

Only Slightly Bent
Jul 6, 2013

Deranged M posted:

I joined guild week ago and I would love to do more PVP and come help people out but I feel totally useless. I'm lvl 51 and still working on my gear. It would be cool if someone could give some pvp guidance until I grind my soul out and become useful.

What class are you?

Deranged M
Nov 14, 2012

Xzov posted:

What class are you?

Wizard . I like the game but I don't unfortunately have time to grind for hours daily. I still make progress but I guess it's slower than a lot of players.

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!

Deranged M posted:

Whats your IGN and class?

If I'm around I can help you at Heidel Arena or something, just going over some class combos and such.

Don't worry about feeling useless, it takes time and eventually it just sorta clicks and you can put people in the ground.

Edit: If you're a wizard I can def help you out.

boho
Oct 4, 2011

on fire and loving it

Deranged M posted:

In Node Wars you can man siege equipment.

Before then, if you're going to participate in PvP, first +15 all your armor so you don't get vaporized. Then get a +15 Accuracy offhand (unless you already have a +13-+15 Liverto), run in groups, and use your CCs. You won't do much damage but you will still be able to land knockdowns/stuns/etc which set up the big kids to finish the job.

Gear is by far the biggest factor in this game's PvP. Gear differences that seem small on paper can actually make fights totally one-sided due to a bevy of hidden stats, extreme scaling, and opaque mechanics.

Deranged M
Nov 14, 2012

Wassbix posted:

Whats your IGN and class?

If I'm around I can help you at Heidel Arena or something, just going over some class combos and such.

Don't worry about feeling useless, it takes time and eventually it just sorta clicks and you can put people in the ground.

Edit: If you're a wizard I can def help you out.

That would be great,thanks. My ING is Demencija ( family name ) Tomica. I working on getting my lovely armor to +15 . I have my yuria staff on +15 and dagger on +13 .
Another thing is that I totally played this game following my feel. I didn't really bother to read shitloads of guides or watch videos so maybe I'm little bit off from the standard skills and rotation ( or equipment ) .

hit button
Mar 18, 2012

Oh hey Tomica, I noticed you turned up when we were fighting Pax yesterday and you warned me about the horsewizard behind me right before he charged me. I should have thrown you a party invite then but I was too busy dying to horsewizard.

Gear is definitely a huge deal, but I notice people who've been saying they need to "gear up" for pvp for ages. It's relatively quick and simple to enchant / buy a yuria weapon and basic (not grunil) armor set to +15, especially with the current stone event, and that's quite sufficient for killing people. You'll still feel a bit outclassed by nerds with god gear, but that's always going to be true, and luckily those guys are in the minority.

Only Slightly Bent
Jul 6, 2013
I would add that getting a good horse is one of the best things a wizard could do for pvp. Horse wizarding is a lot of fun, and gives you the mobility to pick and choose your fights. Sprint, instant, accel, and drift are nice to have, but you can do it fine with just sidestep and charge. Horse leveling is also something you can do afk, so (other than the initial horses you need to tame) you can work on it when you're not able to actively play.

Hi
Oct 10, 2003

:wrong: :coffeepal:
Speaking of gear, how overpowered our Bheg's gloves? I got them the other night and to wear them Id have to break the 4 part and the gloves/helm set bonus from Grunil meaning id be losing 7 AP

Is it worth it ?

My liverto is only 14 still so all my memory fragments are still going into that so its not like its going to be getting enchanted really high any time soon either.

I was semi considering selling it because the astronomical amount it goes for would all but guarantee the last point on my liverto and a chunk of change left over to start PRI-DUOing accessories

Deranged M
Nov 14, 2012

hit button posted:

Oh hey Tomica, I noticed you turned up when we were fighting Pax yesterday and you warned me about the horsewizard behind me right before he charged me. I should have thrown you a party invite then but I was too busy dying to horsewizard.

Gear is definitely a huge deal, but I notice people who've been saying they need to "gear up" for pvp for ages. It's relatively quick and simple to enchant / buy a yuria weapon and basic (not grunil) armor set to +15, especially with the current stone event, and that's quite sufficient for killing people. You'll still feel a bit outclassed by nerds with god gear, but that's always going to be true, and luckily those guys are in the minority.

Hey, that's me. Died few times there myself. Figure out maybe I'll buy us a few seconds that it takes them to kill me . How big of the role is lvl? I've noticed majority of people now are atleast 53-55. Should I prioritize grinding lvls?

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Wilekat posted:

Gotta say that this PvP death change has been a gold mine. I'm part of one of those clusterfuck multi-guild powerblocs and watching them have a shitfit because flagging on some guys twice and steamrolling them is no longer a huge deterrent has been pretty amazing.

It turns out the "hardcore top 5%" were the carebears all along :allears:

From all the screaming by them about the change it was pretty clear that taking away their method of bullying people out of farming areas was going to cause amazing things.

I need to go annoy some farmers.

Hi
Oct 10, 2003

:wrong: :coffeepal:

Deranged M posted:

Hey, that's me. Died few times there myself. Figure out maybe I'll buy us a few seconds that it takes them to kill me . How big of the role is lvl? I've noticed majority of people now are atleast 53-55. Should I prioritize grinding lvls?

level makes a big difference in pve, almost none in pvp

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Trip report: You can totally make people give up farming spots.

They'll try to CC you to cause mob death, so long as you can handle that you're good. Once they're focused on you point out they're actually very slow at farming (now) and when they counter with the same tell them "I didn't come here to farm".

hit button
Mar 18, 2012

Deranged M posted:

How big of the role is lvl? I've noticed majority of people now are atleast 53-55. Should I prioritize grinding lvls?

Not at all, prioritise +15ing your gear. Although that requires grinding stuff which will level you anyway. Level does help your accuracy, so will make you do some more damage, but the effect is relatively small compared to gear.

Only Slightly Bent
Jul 6, 2013
RIP Goontang.

GreatestNerdEver
Aug 3, 2007

Xzov posted:

RIP Goontang.

It ended not with a bang, but a whisper.. "poofus was right.."

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!

GreatestNerdEver posted:

It ended not with a bang, but a whisper.. "poofus was right.."

At work did something happen.

GreatestNerdEver
Aug 3, 2007

Wassbix posted:

not really, clocks kicked out her friend and left

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Long live parks and rec

lewtt
Apr 2, 2011

The Great Twist

Wassbix posted:

i think 3 people left

Usenet Magic-User
Jun 13, 2010

lewtt posted:

Wont be home till 5pm pst
If the split happens then i can steal the guild bank at long last

PS I figured out how to steal the guild bank

I knew there had to be a way, god speed.

boho
Oct 4, 2011

on fire and loving it
Rest in piss, Goontang.

If anyone is in an active PvX guild that plans on participating in Node Wars, let me know. My main is a 55 Ranger with ~250 gear score.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

boho posted:

Rest in piss, Goontang.

If anyone is in an active PvX guild that plans on participating in Node Wars, let me know. My main is a 55 Ranger with ~250 gear score.

Just find the biggest spergiest shoutiest streamer guild and join that.

Actually Lewtt, if you feel "done" promote Bo up, he seems to be pretty active and actually lead people in activities.

DancingShade fucked around with this message at 06:21 on Jun 5, 2016

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!
drat, after the splinter we just won 4 wars in one day and we went on a war path.

Also, regarding the merger Bo, I say yes mostly because more actives is always more fun.

GreatestNerdEver
Aug 3, 2007

Wassbix posted:

drat, after the splinter we just won 4 wars in one day and we went on a war path.

Also, regarding the merger Bo, I say yes mostly because more actives is always more fun.

That is my thought as well, they were able to field a good amount of people.

In any case, for those that don't know, we were fighting at sausons last night and fought alongside the guild Cynical, who we had fun with and talked a bit and offered to absorb all of our actives and help them get geared up.

I'm interested in thoughts and opinions on the matter, I think it's a good idea and I know a few others do as well.

Natalie Fartman
Apr 5, 2013

I selflessly rescued an abandoned cat during the COVID-19 Pandemic :3:

Wassbix posted:

Deccing lovely tiny guilds: truly, goontang is at the top of its game.

GreatestNerdEver
Aug 3, 2007

Natalie Fartman posted:

Deccing lovely tiny guilds: truly, goontang is at the top of its game.

how many times have you quit this game because people were mean to you

boho
Oct 4, 2011

on fire and loving it
If you're going to merge with Cynical, give Goontang back to goons.

GreatestNerdEver
Aug 3, 2007

boho posted:

If you're going to merge with Cynical, give Goontang back to goons.

it belongs to goons already, but your concern is both noted and appreciated

Only Slightly Bent
Jul 6, 2013
I don't know anything about Cynical, but obviously they aren't up to our elite standards.

some guy on the BDO forums posted:

S+: Veritas

S: Luciform

A+: Flex

A: Trucidnation, Laughing Coffin, Black, LoTD, Tilted, Legatum, FoE

B+: GeT_OuT, Rage, Imminent_Ruin, FoE2, GoonTang, PainTrains, TurkeyBoyz, Dommestici

B: Rogues, AVYSSOS, Flux, Aethera, OTG_Blue, PainTrain, BlackLys, Bastion, TGB, Notorious

C+: Xen of Onslaught, Void, Infernal, Orion, OTG_Red, OTG_Green, Expendables, Foo, Focus, Viral

C: Ignis, BlackDragon, Shrine, Acolytes, GSCH, Relic, Vahlok, Expletives, Nygh-----ch, Haven, Affinity, Thundercats, OXION

D: All else

Potential guilds that died: DVSGaming, Dysfunctional, Malicious_Intent, TBT, Exalted

Guild ranking based on size, gear, general outlook for nodes and sieges, and the ability of the guild to fight battles. This does not count in alliances.

Goontang: The place to make your slightly above average dreams come true.

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!

GreatestNerdEver posted:

Just give it back so the in-fighting can become real fighting imo

Only Slightly Bent
Jul 6, 2013
I did warn people that the only way to guarantee you'll never have to deal with guild wars is to stay unguilded. But that is an unpleasant thing to say apparently.

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!

Xzov posted:

I did warn people that the only way to guarantee you'll never have to deal with guild wars is to stay unguilded. But that is an unpleasant thing to say apparently.

But... gathering 3 is so nice.... Grithok's wisdom was right all along.

GreatestNerdEver
Aug 3, 2007
we (the real goons (the true goons (the truest of goons))) are going to do a guild boss or two tonight, be there or be square, probably around 10 EST

boho
Oct 4, 2011

on fire and loving it

GreatestNerdEver posted:

You've already left? That's great! Can someone throw me an invite so I can get that fishing bonus while applying to relevant guilds?

Only Slightly Bent
Jul 6, 2013
So, not picking sides or anything. But I dunno why people are yelling about Bo "giving back" the guild that he's not guild leader of.

I don't know what you expect him to do. Track down and murder Lewtt, log onto Lewtt's account, and transfer the guild?

GreatestNerdEver
Aug 3, 2007

Xzov posted:

So, not picking sides or anything. But I dunno why people are yelling about Bo "giving back" the guild that he's not guild leader of.

I don't know what you expect him to do. Track down and murder Lewtt, log onto Lewtt's account, and transfer the guild?

well great, you just gave away my plan, thanks jerk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Xzov posted:

it is just boho is a horrible poster