Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

I have pulled a losing payload match out of the shitfire by switching over to Mercy and being a good goon to the pubbies.

Her blaster is way better than lucio and to be able to boost damage is a game changer in some situations.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pakman
Jun 27, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2RL_v8RlJ8

Should have been :potg: :(

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Internet Kraken posted:

Torb's turret is already weak as hell when he isn't ulting so hearing people complain about it kind of baffles me.

It seems like nearly always it's someone with less than an hour in Soldier 76.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Manatee Cannon posted:

lucio is incredibly good, especially on koth, in a way that the other two aren't. the revive mercy has is great but lucio's ult is also incredible at keeping people alive, and his boost makes him heal in an area better than mercy can do for any one person. mercy and lucio are both really good medics. zenyatta isn't but he's not supposed to be played as a pure healer in the first place so it's not a fair comparison

please keep in mind that it's not a choice of either/or. lucio and mercy both on one team is good

Don't get me wrong, I"m not saying Lucio or Zen are "BAD", they absolutely are not. But I'm finding that no matter how good a player they are, a moderately OK Mercy is going to out perform them. A team without Mercy is at a disadvantage against a team WITH one like 95% of the time.

creatine
Jan 27, 2012

Is the only way to be good at tracer to be high on meth? I feel like that's the only way to be sketchy and twitchy enough

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Lucio, the character who is so weak he's one of most common picks in competitive play, and is often doubled up on for KoTH

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
Man I don't know how people play this all day, every day. After about 5 matches I'm mentally exhausted and have to take a break, even if we won.

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!

Pumpy Dumper posted:

Is the only way to be good at tracer to be high on meth? I feel like that's the only way to be sketchy and twitchy enough

Blizzard put Tracer in way back in the day so tweakers and young people could help their team without having to chill out. It's weird to see that hero endure today.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Imagined posted:

Man I don't know how people play this all day, every day. After about 5 matches I'm mentally exhausted and have to take a break, even if we won.

That's when I switch to Rein or Mercy or Lucio or Junkrat for a few rounds

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007

Papercut posted:

That's when I switch to Rein or Mercy or Lucio or Junkrat for a few rounds

... I already play Lucio. I'm just a wiener I guess.

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Stop: hammer time!
http://i.imgur.com/rUFtN6U.gifv

Balon
May 23, 2010

...my greatest work yet.
Man i sure love when a mercy will sit glued to a full hp tank instead of doing literally anything else.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Imagined posted:

:unsmith::hf::unsmith:

I play like 1-2 matches before taking a break. Some times I'll just chill in the training room for a bit and then go for another match, other times I'll go grab a cup of coffee and listen to some music or something. I end up at around 10-20 matches per day but I'm not used to multiplayer games (at least not fast paced ones) so the stress completely tires me out.

This makes it kinda hard to play in groups unfortunately.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Imagined posted:

It's hard to get mentally exhausted when you don't pay any attention to the game.

Looking at my team as a winston chases me as mercy for a whole minute through them.

organized group play tends to be less exhausting because shotcalling naturally falls to less twitchy roles and alleviates how taxing decision making can be.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Balon posted:

Man i sure love when a mercy will sit glued to a full hp tank instead of doing literally anything else.

Even better when they damage boost a reinhardt shielding :downs:

Velthice
Dec 12, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

Away all Goats posted:

this is me

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Imagined posted:

I don't feel that way about this game but sure did about Dota 2, but that was because matches there could regularly go over an hour. I could never play more than two in a row.

Here I'll just requeue constantly. Usually because I have a bad match and want to prove I can do better no really just one more match I'll win this is not a spiral of failure dammit :negative:

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Please answer my very important strawpoll so I can see what winrate goons have

http://www.strawpoll.me/10407835

if you lie I'll know so don't even think about it

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
I've also gotten to the point where I can only play 2-3 matches at a time before putting it aside, unless I' playing with friends.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Manatee Cannon posted:

a lot of things are good at killing junkrat so long as you remember his martyrdom grenades. mccree, reaper, and roadhog all eat him alive close range and he can't do much against hanzo, pharah, or widowmaker from a distance. he has a hard time dealing with winston especially since he can't just pull the one-two punch of a direct pipe plus mine to save himself like he can against lower health heroes. soldier 76 can beat him at any range easy. it's mostly about not letting the junkrat have a good position to fight you from since he can do a lot of damage

There's few things as sweet as trapping an ulting Winston and just lobbing explody balls at his dumb angry face and he can't do anything about it

Edit: https://gfycat.com/PreciousLargeAnt

a cat on an apple
Apr 28, 2013

Jastiger posted:

Don't get me wrong, I"m not saying Lucio or Zen are "BAD", they absolutely are not. But I'm finding that no matter how good a player they are, a moderately OK Mercy is going to out perform them. A team without Mercy is at a disadvantage against a team WITH one like 95% of the time.

Keep in mind that right now the majority of games are played with the equivalent of pre-Season 1 League of Legends team compositions, e.g. everyone picks whatever the hell they want with no rhyme or reason as to if the team actually needs it.

I see Lucio and Zenyatta as support heroes that excel at turning ongoing fights completely on their heads. Lucio does this by having the ability to heal 120 HP/3s and having what is basically a "we win the teamfight" ability in Sound Barrier. He's also insanely mobile and has one of the few displacements in the game, and it's very spammable. This makes him incredible at skirmishing, and allows him to help the team extremely actively. Zenyatta on the other hand should be considered as one of the biggest threats. He has 150 HP for a drat good reason - his left click deals 140 damage on a headshot against a Discorded target, and has a 2.5 rps. He also has the highest raw healing in the game, at 100 HP/s in an AoE. While it doesn't protect against one-shot threats like Lucio does, it's a huge amount of healing and takes specific coordinated focus fire to kill someone through it.

Mercy and Symmetra, on the other hand, have Ultimates that are less about winning the current fight, but more getting a swift second shot at another fight, with their associated downsides. Mercy's Ult, while having instant feedback, leaves everyone incredibly vulnerable; Symmetra's Ult allows for more flexibility in regrouping, but it isn't instant.

The reason why Mercy seems better than Lucio is because of how bad most of the players are, teamfight wipes happen frequently to really dumb poo poo like Junkrat tires or just a Bastion in the corner, and a passive Mercy reviving everyone instantly after the only threatening thing is gone has immediate feedback on the impact, whereas Lucio and Zenyatta have to be preemptive in using their power to salvage idiots, and even then won't always be enough because of how uncoordinated solo queue is.

a cat on an apple fucked around with this message at 22:08 on Jun 5, 2016

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

super macho dude posted:

I have pulled a losing payload match out of the shitfire by switching over to Mercy and being a good goon to the pubbies.

Her blaster is way better than lucio and to be able to boost damage is a game changer in some situations.

I've been learning that you shouldn't always be healing with her (as in don't have her heal stick out holding left-click constantly). When you have a Reinhart present who actually uses their shield well, Mercy can be a disgusting front-line fighter.

Plan Z fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Jun 5, 2016

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

Away all Goats posted:

Someone was saying this makes the shield tougher or something.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
Lucio is only worse than Mercy in heals if your team is so bad that none of them are left after an engagement to passively heal up.

creatine
Jan 27, 2012

I'm growing on Lucio but I really hate his gun. I wish it weren't burst fire

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades
In the Star Citizen D&D thread

The video that queued up next for me after that one was a toblerone cheesecake recipe that looked really, really good.

Thoughtless
Feb 1, 2007

Doesn't think, just types.
I finally looked at my statistics. I have a 67% win rate as Symmetra and 69% as Reaper. It's me, I'm the goddamn autistic edgelord.

Meanwhile I'm at 34% as Pharah and 44% as Roadhog, because I'm actually really bad at the fun classes.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Lucio is cool and every time you blast some dingus off the side of a cliff you become more powerful and attractive in real life.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

BROCK LESBIAN posted:

Lucio is cool and every time you blast some dingus off the side of a cliff you become more powerful and attractive in real life.

can confirm, had 7 environmental kills on one full map of ilios and afterwards i became a brazilian fertility god

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Enviromental kills seem to have a pretty high priority for play of the game too which is nice

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Pharah is much easier to get environmental kills with, I recommend anyone that likes those to try her out.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Broken Cog posted:

Pharah is much easier to get environmental kills with, I recommend anyone that likes those to try her out.

right but that's why getting environmental kills as pharah does not put you on the path toward becoming a deity of sex and money, unlike with lucio

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007

BROCK LESBIAN posted:

No word a lie. Let's break it down.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Thoughtless posted:

I finally looked at my statistics. I have a 67% win rate as Symmetra and 69% as Reaper. It's me, I'm the goddamn autistic edgelord.

Meanwhile I'm at 34% as Pharah and 44% as Roadhog, because I'm actually really bad at the fun classes.

I do really well as roadhog but it's apparently at the expense of selling out my entire team because I basically never win as him. maybe it's just that roadhog feeds the other team's ults

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

i have played 31 games of lucio and i still have not successfully knocked someone off of a level

what the gently caress am i doing wrong

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Zoness posted:

can confirm, had 7 environmental kills on one full map of ilios and afterwards i became a brazilian fertility god

I'm a brazilian fertility god and I can't seem to find opportunities to push people off cliffs. Must be because I play super conservatively. My M2 is basically "get the gently caress away from me genji this is my personal space".

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

Kerrrrrrr posted:

i have played 31 games of lucio and i still have not successfully knocked someone off of a level

what the gently caress am i doing wrong

the closer you are, the further you push them

also angle your gun upwards, push them up and back. lucio is a midget for a reason

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Lucio's knockback blast is also good for ko'ing pesky shitheads like Genji and Tracer who like to flit around thinking they can make a kill shot before dying.

Support owns.

ImPureAwesome
Sep 6, 2007

the king of the beach
You can mostly do it on koth maps and the first bit of r66. Just hang out near a cliff/hole, run up m2 facing the cliff, I don't think it goes though shields or at least the concussion blast of pharahs doesn't

ImPureAwesome fucked around with this message at 23:15 on Jun 5, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
I decided to hold onto loot boxes I get for leveling up until I have a bunch to open at once. So instead of being disappointed over time I can be disappointed all at once. I have three now and this is a test of will to keep me from opening them.

I really wish I got gold or something other than sprays for completing achievements. Or let me sell sprays I don't want for gold.