Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

twistedmentat posted:

I've got the penis of a MAN!

Victor was the breakout star of that group. A real man's man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Roger is Stan's safe, and the downstairs toilet.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Brawnfire posted:

Roger is Stan's safe, and the downstairs toilet.

This is sewage. <tastes> It's Steve's.

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

The_Doctor posted:

This is sewage. <tastes> It's Steve's.

only just got that

could also see roger eating everyone's poo poo for fun even if he wasn't the toilet tho

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Whorelord posted:

only just got that

could also see roger eating everyone's poo poo for fun even if he wasn't the toilet tho

He is a turd burglar. I saw him take one that wasn't his

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

I like that the latest episode had a small cameo from Suck Boy Tony, the greatest character on television.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Nichael posted:

I like that the latest episode had a small cameo from Suck Boy Tony, the greatest character on television.
Tony, that mouth's not for talking.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
It's not marked as New on TVGuide, but...

Garfield and Friends
(Season 13, Episode 19)
To teach Hayley a history lesson, Stan brings President James A. Garfield back to life from the 19th century; and Steve lands a job writing for the school newspaper.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

The_Doctor posted:

It's not marked as New on TVGuide, but...

Garfield and Friends
(Season 13, Episode 19)
To teach Hayley a history lesson, Stan brings President James A. Garfield back to life from the 19th century; and Steve lands a job writing for the school newspaper.

I'm hoping it all goes horribly wrong.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Am I crazy or is the tone way off for this show since it moved from fox? It's the most glaring in the first couple of TBS episodes but it doesn't ever seem to fully come back either. I really like this show, it's the best McFarlane thing and all, but it really seems like different people are making the show or something.

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug

hemophilia posted:

Am I crazy or is the tone way off for this show since it moved from fox? It's the most glaring in the first couple of TBS episodes but it doesn't ever seem to fully come back either. I really like this show, it's the best McFarlane thing and all, but it really seems like different people are making the show or something.

One of the creators left and there was a pretty big shakeup in the writers room for the TBS seasons, but I haven't really noticed much of a difference outside of a few weaker episodes.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I definitely notice a tone shift with this season but it's still great.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

IF THIS IS A 'LOST' THREAD I'M PROBABLY WHINING ABOUT
STABBEY THE MEANY

SeANMcBAY posted:

I definitely notice a tone shift with this season but it's still great.

What's the shift towards?

It feels like a natural progression for the last few seasons.

TheFattestPat
Dec 28, 2012

Santa Cat Says: Good deeds are the things to always do, just make sure someone is watching you

The_Doctor posted:

Garfield and Friends
(Season 13, Episode 19)

I hope he brings lots of spaghetti.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

hemophilia posted:

I think last season was kind of mediocre, but this season is a classic. Tonight's episode, for example, was amazing, and a perfect example of this show at its best.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

The Steve plot was fantastic as usual.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Was that Paul Reubens as Charles Guiteau?

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

The Steve plot was fantastic as usual.
It was good, but the punchline was absolutely killer.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

"Did you paint a shadow over your face?"

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
They made a reference to this:

quote:

Charles Guiteau
The Prisoner's Last Words
(June 30, 1882)
I am now going to read some verses which are intended to
indicate my feelings at the moment of leaving this world. If set to music they may be rendered very effective. The idea is that of a child babbling to his mamma and his papa. I wrote it this morning about ten o'clock:
I am going to the Lordy, I am so glad,
I am going to the Lordy, I am so glad,
I am going to the Lordy,
Glory hallelujah! Glory hallelujah!
I am going to the Lordy.
I love the Lordy with all my soul,
Glory hallelujah!
And that is the reason I am going to the Lord,
I am going to the Lord.
I saved my party and my land,
Glory hallelujah!
But they have murdered me for it,
And that is the reason I am going to the Lordy,
I am going to the Lordy!
I wonder what I will do when I get to the Lordy,
I guess that I will weep no more
When I get to the Lordy!
Glory hallelujah!
I wonder what I will see when I get to the Lordy,
I expect to see most glorious things,
Beyond all earthly conception
When I am with the Lordy!
I am with the Lord.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

He was a real weirdo, he killed Garfield because he was convinced that Garfield had promised him a position in his government. Also the funniest thing about him was that for a while he was a member of the Oneida sex cult but no one would have sex with him and they gave him the nickname of "Charles Get Out."

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

I was sad the tour guide lady didn't meet Garfield. :saddowns:

TheFattestPat
Dec 28, 2012

Santa Cat Says: Good deeds are the things to always do, just make sure someone is watching you
She can't compete with orange soda.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

The_Doctor posted:

I was sad the tour guide lady didn't meet Garfield. :saddowns:
A rare AD appearance by Alex Borstein...

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.
"...You don't have a husband."

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
i really liked the new ep

loved when they PWNED stephen s. smith

Party in the USA is a song from 2009 so Hailey heard it as a kid 7 years ago but the show was already on the air then and she was 18 too
cartoon continuity lol

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.

Ein cooler Typ posted:

i really liked the new ep

loved when they PWNED stephen s. smith

Party in the USA is a song from 2009 so Hailey heard it as a kid 7 years ago but the show was already on the air then and she was 18 too
cartoon continuity lol

Steve beat his dad in a football game, but in this episode, he doesn't know what a football looks like.

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

A dumb racist who need to kill themselves

Jubs posted:

Steve beat his dad in a football game, but in this episode, he doesn't know what a football looks like.

Not to mention all the "now you're a man" coming of age stories they lampshaded with Stan forgetting them when Steve said "what about that time I x, and also x".

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

My Q-Face posted:

Not to mention all the "now you're a man" coming of age stories they lampshaded with Stan forgetting them when Steve said "what about that time I x, and also x".

Yeah continuity is almost nonexistent in American Dad these days, which I'll admit is one of the things I really don't like about most "Adult" animation these days, less about callbacks to older episodes(although those are nice) and more cause it leads them to repeatedly reusing plots till they become unbearable to watch be used again

To give an example of this, they've done the "Steve tries to date/have sex with a girl but blows it in the end" plot almost 40 times now(a guy on /co/ made a chart about it, I'll see if I can find it), and it's gotten really stale by now cause we know how it's going to end(and good joke writing only goes so far, and American Dad has been overall more miss than hit in that area for a long time now)

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

AD is a joke-driven show, and there's like 6 skeletal A-plots they hang episodes on. Stan & Francine need to spice up their marriage / Stan needs to stop taking Francine for granted during a crazy hobby / Stan tries some crazy CIA device / Steve wants to touch boobs or become a man / Haley and or Jeff Tries to do something / Roger has a Huge Rube Goldberg Scheme

All the great animated shows boil down to this when they pass the S6 mark. The biggest offender is actually The Simpsons due to sheer quantity, but they're seriously up to 8th generation cannibalizations of classic episode stories.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I'll never get tried of Stan's hobby episodes.

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

TheRationalRedditor posted:

AD is a joke-driven show, and there's like 6 skeletal A-plots they hang episodes on. Stan & Francine need to spice up their marriage / Stan needs to stop taking Francine for granted during a crazy hobby / Stan tries some crazy CIA device / Steve wants to touch boobs or become a man / Haley and or Jeff Tries to do something / Roger has a Huge Rube Goldberg Scheme

Killer Vacation included of all those, in addition to another episode theme which is "smith family adventure" I.e. Vacation goo, Stan of Arabia, there will be bad blood, incident at owl creek.

Almost forgot: Familyland

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

I'd definitely slot most of those into the class of "Experimental Fantasy Episodes" wherein something insane happens using the characters and it's above and beyond the canon of AD's standard disregard for continuity, like 'Tearjerker', 'Hot Water', 'Blood Crieth Unto Heaven', the B-story of 'Ricky Spanish' (Tungee), etc.

The Halloween/Christmas episodes are like this but in their own festive category!

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Ricky Spanish

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
MISTER

AND LADYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
how can Stan still be alive if he died in the hot tub episode

this show doesn't make any sense at all

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

:j: Stan, we had a dog already.

:patriot: I don't think so.

:j: We did. Five years ago you got Steve an old dog that peed dust, and you killed it. We also had another dog named Fussy that you didn't like or something.

:patriot: Francine, those were obviously dreams. I refuse to discuss your dreams in the daytime.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

The_Doctor posted:

:j: Stan, we had a dog already.

:patriot: I don't think so.

:j: We did. Five years ago you got Steve an old dog that peed dust, and you killed it. We also had another dog named Fussy that you didn't like or something.

:patriot: Francine, those were obviously dreams. I refuse to discuss your dreams in the daytime.

I'll admit I find that more obnoxious than just not mentioning prior events occurring at all

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
That was great. Maybe American Dad just isn't for you anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Gonz posted:

MISTER

AND LADYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

TUNJI