Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Ularg posted:

I really wish I got gold or something other than sprays for completing achievements. Or let me sell sprays I don't want for gold.

oh well that explains where all these sprays I never unboxed have been coming from

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.
Does Pharah deserve a little bit of a boost? She's far from terrible, but everything about her is a bit soggy: long cooldowns on high-risk mobility moves, poor splash damage, mediocre direct hit damage, and her ultimate is pretty hilarious most of the time - even if you live long enough to use the whole thing, it rarely does all that much damage

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
I want that break it down emote for Lucio so bad. Already got the gold frog skin, I want to break it down on the payload 24/7

Turtle Sandbox
Dec 31, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Jimbot posted:

I really hate Widowmaker. I look forward to the day when they turn her sniper weapon into bolt-action and gives her weapon sway for movement and taking damage. She is so incredibly hard to counter if the team she is on is at least half-way competent.

To counter the Widowmaker, one must become the Widowmaker. -Sun Tzu

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
so I'd really like to play with four of my friends who live in Utah (with me in Pennsylvania) but when we party my ping goes from 30-40s to >90 and makes the game nearly unplayable. What the gently caress blizzard.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
I kind of feel that if the hard counter to one class is another one of that class, the best thing to do would be to not actually include it since it's clearly taking up far too much effort that could be engaged in creating something more interesting that plays better with the other 20 heroes.

a cat on an apple
Apr 28, 2013
Widowmaker is the only hard counter to a really, really good Widowmaker.

Winston is still fully capable of countering 90% of Widowmakers, for example, but if Widowmaker's team is on their toes then you might have trouble getting to Widowmaker easily.

Mccree is the big problem because it takes only mediocre skill to require a mirror match to counter him, and removing him wouldn't help because then the same problem would be pretty true of Tracer.

These problems will probably get better as they introduce more heroes.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

I spent $20 on loot boxes

It's me I'm the problem :duckie:

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

Zorodius posted:

Does Pharah deserve a little bit of a boost? She's far from terrible, but everything about her is a bit soggy: long cooldowns on high-risk mobility moves, poor splash damage, mediocre direct hit damage, and her ultimate is pretty hilarious most of the time - even if you live long enough to use the whole thing, it rarely does all that much damage

I don't think so at all. Pharahs who know the maps and can aim precisely can annihilate teams. Her only major weakness is Widowmaker, she is extremely powerful.

It's one of those things where if you're playing the game and spend a few hours each spread across all 21 characters, you won't be able to touch someone who has spent two hundred hours on Pharah. Which I haven't done, but I've run into players who clearly have. Bilzzard knows enough to be careful about buffing the high skill cap heroes from this point on, and Pharah is in that category.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

I spent $20 on loot boxes

It's me I'm the problem :duckie:

You're one of the ones keeping the server running for people like me. So, thank you.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Zorodius posted:

get closer with Pharah

her ult is devestating closer rather than far away. they'll die before they can stop you, think of it as a cluster bomb

fire your rockets on descent for closer range and accurate impact

make sure they never see you is the tricky part and people rarely look up so dont be so eager to fire your rockets right away

Homo Depot
Jun 27, 2007

Studs on sale!

Kerrrrrrr posted:

i have played 31 games of lucio and i still have not successfully knocked someone off of a level

what the gently caress am i doing wrong

On Gibraltar defense hang out on the right side by the cliff and when those sneaky sons of bitches come running out let them have it.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Homo Depot posted:

On Gibraltar defense hang out on the right side by the cliff and when those sneaky sons of bitches come running out let them have it.

I've found that in general pub games will always have one (sometimes two!) attacker entrances that never get used. Hanging by them guarantees me a kill or two every single time.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Depending on what they do with D.Va, Pharah might merit the tiniest bit of love but she's already very strong and any changes would have to be made very carefully.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Nehru the Damaja posted:

Depending on what they do with D.Va, Pharah might merit the tiniest bit of love but she's already very strong and any changes would have to be made very carefully.

They've pretty much ruled out a flat damage increase for D.Va and I doubt they'll take away her move speed penalty when firing. Reducing or eliminating her damage fall off at range might be on the table since she's already hurt by spread, but that's far from her only problem. Honestly, I still think she just needs to be able to do one more thing in each form, but that seems even less likely at this point. I wouldn't mind an alt fire in mech form that gives her some use at range or a bit more burst. Out of mech she doesn't really need more power or survivability, but something to mix up her out of mech gameplay a little more would be nice.

I doubt they'll take away her massive crit box as well.

chumbler fucked around with this message at 00:22 on Jun 6, 2016

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

I universally own with pharah. She's super squishy and the only thing I could see them buffing is that but she's so obnoxious to go against (if they're competent with her) it kind of balances out. Nothing more satisfying than owning a pharah as pharah. Killing her when she ultra, rocket hits mid-air, etc

Having a mercy is great because she can fly to you all over the place and use her wings to float a bit

Wish her jump had a shorter cool down

Her concussive blast is pretty worthless

So yeah as someone that plays a lot of pharah she just needs to be left as is

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 00:21 on Jun 6, 2016

Velthice
Dec 12, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
I no longer feel bad about rage quitting games after going up against an enemy team of 5 roadhogs and a support

Balon
May 23, 2010

...my greatest work yet.
3 level up boxes, legendary skins for Rein, Winston, and Dva. What ha trying to tell me, game?

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades
In the Star Citizen D&D thread

Velthice posted:

I no longer feel bad about rage quitting games after going up against an enemy team of 5 roadhogs and a support

You should feel bad for not countering with a gimmick

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

Her concussive blast is pretty worthless

No way, messing with people's positioning is great and if nothing else you can use it for mobility.

Velthice
Dec 12, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

Bait and Swatch posted:

You should feel bad for not countering with a gimmick

to be fair I had a route 66 attack where my team was all winstons and we won so I suppose I had this coming. solo queue doling out that karmic justice

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
We won a Hollywood attack with all Mccree. Highly recommended.

Velthice
Dec 12, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

Balon posted:

3 level up boxes, legendary skins for Rein, Winston, and Dva. What ha trying to tell me, game?

I only have a legendary skin and highlight pose for widow and I am the god damned worst widow

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007
In the beginning...the universe was created. his has been widely regarded as a bad move and has made a lot of people very angry.

im gay posted:

Roadhog is my favorite character but I have never gotten a POTG with him. Even after tons of sick triples and quads.

Also his hook hitbox is insanely generous.

His hitbox is generous while leading targets. It seems to hit if you hit them on your screen or their screen (because the sync difference). So, just dont shoot it behind them.

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

Trite, contrived, mediocre, milquetoast, amateurish, infantile, cliche-and-gonorrhea-ridden paean to conformism, eye-fucked me, affront to humanity, war crime, should *literally* be tried for war crimes, talentless fuckfest, pedantic, listless, savagely boring, just one repulsive laugh after another
Why the gently caress does Genji interrupt anything you happen to be doing to put his sword away at the end of his ult

Why the gently caress does Genji cancel your loving reflect to put the sword away at the end of his ult

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Elman posted:

No way, messing with people's positioning is great and if nothing else you can use it for mobility.

idk that time could be spent shooting rockets and sometimes my team is targeting them and it fucks it up for them

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Pharah is great unless you face someone who can aim and has even the slightest amount of situational awareness.

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

Jastiger posted:

More theory from Jastiger:

I remain more and more convinced that a moderate or even not-so-good Mercy is way better than a good and focused Lucio or Zenyatta. When the game gets tough and its required to become focused and coordinated, a decent Mercy will ALWAYS offset the balance in favor of her team over a really good Lucio and Zenyatta. She's just too good. Consistently in really close games a team with a lucio as a main healer who is shooting everyone and beating their rear end is essentially nullified by a bad Mercy who ults every 5 minutes or so and gives their team that clutch win to get the point.

Its a shame because Lucio and Zenyatta are such interesting and fun takes on support classes, and they are just completely overshadowed by a Mercy and her ult.

Goon thoughts?

Mercy is better if you have a team, or hell even just a single teammate, who understands that you need protection from Tracer/Genji/Reapers who are going to pop out and wreck your poo poo. I actually enjoy playing Mercy a lot, but when I've had so many games with pubbies where a Tracer will just follow me around non stop. Like seriously, minutes at a time of me just running away from Tracer, spamming "help" to my teammates who I am actively healing, just trying to get them to turn around and scare off that British bitch so I can help them stay alive. But 90% of the time they just know there's a Mercy on the team and assume I'm just going to be there healing them.

The strength of Lucio is that I don't need anyone's help. I can zip around shooting and booping people, all the while just healing everyone including myself. Unfortunately Lucio is boring as gently caress to play.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Wildtortilla posted:

so I'd really like to play with four of my friends who live in Utah (with me in Pennsylvania) but when we party my ping goes from 30-40s to >90 and makes the game nearly unplayable. What the gently caress blizzard.

embrace the lag, become the hog

Broken Cog posted:

We won a Hollywood attack with all Mccree. Highly recommended.

weird that the best character in the game is good

I feel like aside from outright imbalances, soldier stacking is probably the only effective stacking "gimmick", in the sense that I feel like soldier has no hard counters aside from the man who always believes that it is nigh noon.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

So, how are you supposed to be playing Zarya? It seems like it's really hard to get a charge for her beam, since everyone with even a slight familiarity with her knows that shooting her = really good for her.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
I have an 84% win rate with 76 does that make me the best at him? Am I just the best at playing him?

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

Cicadalek posted:

Why the gently caress does Genji interrupt anything you happen to be doing to put his sword away at the end of his ult

Why the gently caress does Genji cancel your loving reflect to put the sword away at the end of his ult

Balance?

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Regalingualius posted:

So, how are you supposed to be playing Zarya? It seems like it's really hard to get a charge for her beam, since everyone with even a slight familiarity with her knows that shooting her = really good for her.

don't be too worried about minmaxing her power mechanic and make sure you have clear line of sight to shield your healers that are getting harassed or you can body block for your healers.

positioning is very important on zarya

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Cicadalek posted:

You can animation cancel out of the sheathing. Melee I think.

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

BROCK LESBIAN posted:

I have an 84% win rate with 76 does that make me the best at him? Am I just the best at playing him?

You are become Dad, destroyer of pubbies.

RugClockVexx
Aug 15, 2008

Regalingualius posted:

Antagonize the gently caress out of them. I feel like she excels on maps with choke points (Hanamura defense is my favorite with her). I shield suicidal offensive heroes all the while holding choke points, popping shields, and lobbing M2 bombs. When it comes down to it, people will shoot you if you're shooting them, even if it means making you strong like the mountain.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Regalingualius posted:

I play her as long range support for the most part. Lob plasma bombs and shield other frontline guys when necessary. You are also excellent at disrupting any flankers trying to kill your healers/backline since you can shield their target and your primary completely wrecks those same flankers.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Hello none of my friends play this game, is it still worth playing random public games by myself or is it competitive enough that you need a group of friends for it to be any good

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

Trite, contrived, mediocre, milquetoast, amateurish, infantile, cliche-and-gonorrhea-ridden paean to conformism, eye-fucked me, affront to humanity, war crime, should *literally* be tried for war crimes, talentless fuckfest, pedantic, listless, savagely boring, just one repulsive laugh after another

How is it balanced? In what way would he be too powerful if it functioned correctly?

Papercut posted:

You can animation cancel out of the sheathing. Melee I think.

I'm gonna test this. I know it doesn't play if you're mid slash but that's really hard to time and also kind of unintuitive given you generally want to be slashing on cooldown during the ult itself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

is the map rotation unweighted? i've played 100 games now and still haven't played Kings Row yet, i didn't even know it existed until i saw it on a stream