Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

At least we can trust snake eyes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica

Dias posted:

That's another thing I don't get, while I'm playing devil's advocate and all: SFV doesn't look bad. Okay, it doesn't look good either, but the battle UI is good, there's a clear style to the game, the animations are good and the textures are fine. It's fine. I think Ken Face meme kinda overpushed the "this game looks horrendous" narrative.

Let met help you with this

the game looks like poo poo.

and it is poo poo

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Bi-Han now we've got Bad Blood
sf5 visually isn't bad (like the direction, like the ink splatters and poo poo during v triggers and victories) its the execution and inconsistencies thats the issue.

Like alex and ken's faces looking swollen, while cammy birdie chun, ryu and a good chunk of the cast have fine face models.

You can drill down from top level, like the ideas were fine, its just the rush job of sf5 being announced a little before last year and basically being released this year seems to be the root of it all.

SectumSempra fucked around with this message at 21:27 on Jun 5, 2016

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
my favorite part of these tweets which I'm gonna post again

is that literally 20 seconds later Momochi did cr.mk ON BLOCK cancelled into run and then crush countered Xian with st.HP. A thing that is -11 and has a 20 frame gap with 30 frames of startup

Eight Frames

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Kens get away with murder in every tournament lol

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

srsly who wants to play this lamer?
I've considered buying a ps4 stick so I can play this game offline but the 8f thing sounds legitimately terrible. I turned off all v-sync and reduced pre-rendered frames to 1 to eliminate as much as possible on day 1. It sounds like a different game when you play on ps4, sort of like how overwatch is a different game on PS4 compared to PC.

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~
I'm having flashbacks to people telling me i was full of poo poo for suggesting that the people shilling for SFxT were only doing so because of a profit motive, and then again telling me that I was obviously wrong for saying the same about people shilling for SFV

Next time theres a fighting game thread can we just put in the OP that all of my opinions and posts are 100% fact to avoid this kind of thing?

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica

Zand posted:

I'm having flashbacks to people telling me i was full of poo poo for suggesting that the people shilling for SFxT were only doing so because of a profit motive, and then again telling me that I was obviously wrong for saying the same about people shilling for SFV

Next time theres a fighting game thread can we just put in the OP that all of my opinions and posts are 100% fact to avoid this kind of thing?

I thought it was hysterical that somehow professional fighting game players were suddenly the best truth tellers about video games. Get real people. Capcom hosed ya and really the writing was on the wall the entire time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26sT0VItWuk

I tried to refund months ago but now I'm stuck with this piece of poo poo so gently caress me too

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

does anyone really hold fighter game players opinions on some pedestal besides streammonsters?

Honestly I dont see this game as an entire lost cause (well for 2016 I do) but i feel for the rest that hated 3rd strike, hated every version of sf4, and hate sf5 to the core, maybe dont give capcom your money. (I didn't include sf x tk because we all hated it. I'll be honest, i bought it for poison.)

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

SectumSempra posted:

does anyone really hold fighter game players opinions on some pedestal besides streammonsters?

Honestly I dont see this game as an entire lost cause (well for 2016 I do) but i feel for the rest that hated 3rd strike, hated every version of sf4, and hate sf5 to the core, maybe dont give capcom your money.

Yes, actually. People adamantly defended assessments of SFV (and SFXT) from Combofiend, Ultradavid, S-Kill, James Chen, Justin Wong, Floe, Mike Ross, Gootecks, and a variety of other players despite them all being in some way reliant on the success of SFV/SFXT or on the payroll of Capcom directly.

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
i want to state that my track record has been flawless on this subject and i maintain a 2 for 2 assessment on bad capcom games

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Zand posted:

Yes, actually. People adamantly defended assessments of SFV (and SFXT) from Combofiend, Ultradavid, S-Kill, James Chen, Justin Wong, Floe, Mike Ross, Gootecks, and a variety of other players despite them all being in some way reliant on the success of SFV/SFXT or on the payroll of Capcom directly.

And im saying do those people ever say anything of actual value? (as in like poo poo one of them says that can be found no where else)

I guess im very one foot in one foot out on the FGC, because i realize everyone is a bunch of fuckers that just happen to be good at fighters, so I don't follow on twitter/ actually engage in heavy discussion about what anyone there actually says about fighters.

Like for me justin is still the kid who went to evo in super and decided 'lol adon is poo poo, what an idiot" and then lost to him.

So I guess im more aiming at, if you have the sense to hate these games you don't have to discuss them, let alone chase after and admonish people who would take any of the aboves word as the be all end all.
Half of them commentate and still pretend to be shocked or excited at wake up shoryukens.

People also adamantly defend lots of stupid poo poo, but after a while you realize its not your job to make other people educated. Speak once, and move on.

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

SectumSempra posted:

And im saying do those people ever say anything of actual value? (as in like poo poo one of them says that can be found no where else)

I guess im very one foot in one foot out on the FGC, because i realize everyone is a bunch of fuckers that just happen to be good at fighters, so I don't follow on twitter/ actually engage in heavy discussion about what anyone there actually says about fighters.

Like for me justin is still the kid who went to evo in super and decided 'lol adon is poo poo, what an idiot" and then lost to him.

So I guess im more aiming at, if you have the sense to hate these games you don't have to discuss them, let alone chase after and admonish people who would take any of the aboves word as the be all end all.
Half of them commentate and still pretend to be shocked or excited at wake up shoryukens.

People also adamantly defend lots of stupid poo poo, but after a while you realize its not your job to make other people educated. Speak once, and move on.

I don't know what this post means at all :\

dhamster
Aug 5, 2013

I got into my car and ate my chalupa with a feeling of accomplishment.
The accumulated filth of all their 8 frame lag and hard reads will foam up about their waists and all the streamers and pro fighters will look up and shout "Is SFV a good game?!!"... and I'll look down and whisper "No."

e:

dhamster fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Jun 5, 2016

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Enkmar posted:

Let met help you with this

the game looks like poo poo.

and it is poo poo

lemme help you

http://forums.somethingawful.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=1

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica

Lets all apologize for capcom

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Zand posted:

I don't know what this post means at all :\

dont discuss fighting games with people who will say "lol but justin wong says".

bad metaphors
Nov 6, 2014

I hope someone sincerely makes the argument that sf5 is more reactionary than its predecessors on the grounds that having not merely above average, but fantastic reaction times lets you reliably confirm poo poo like Ken b.mp, Karin c.mk, etc. haha

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

dangerdoom volvo posted:

were you? i mean its not like you have to pick between sf 4 and 5 and thats it

I'm not a big fan of anime games. Street Fighter is like the only series (available on PC) that fits the way I like to play.
Cause of that I've been playing nothing but SF4 lately with those 12 people that are still playing SF4 ranked.

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009

Jack Trades posted:

I'm not a big fan of anime games. Street Fighter is like the only series (available on PC) that fits the way I like to play.
Cause of that I've been playing nothing but SF4 lately with those 12 people that are still playing SF4 ranked.

theres still plenty of games to play that arent sf4 or 5 or anime. like literally without exaggerating a hundred million

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

i mean if the style of anime games is what bothers i can't help.

But guilty gear is 2 days away and its the closest of the anime games to sf to me.

Also yeah there are plenty. Maybe go mortal kombat

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
I feel like SFV needed like a whole extra year of dev time before release.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Gammatron 64 posted:

I feel like SFV needed like a whole extra year of dev time before release.

well, every beta saw the game get worse and worse, so I've gotta agree

if it got another year of dev time no one would have to argue about the game being bad or spend time in denial over it

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

SectumSempra posted:

i mean if the style of anime games is what bothers i can't help.

But guilty gear is 2 days away and its the closest of the anime games to sf to me.

Also yeah there are plenty. Maybe go mortal kombat

I'd like to play -Revelator- but god knows when that is coming on PC and Mortal Kombat X is a pile of trash on PC.

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity
have you considered playing a good game like st

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

interrodactyl posted:

have you considered playing a good game like st

I'm too much of a newfag for that.

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

Jack Trades posted:

I'm too much of a newfag for that.

-someone who has never tried ST

like seriously ST is so loving easy

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
The PS4 TE2+ is on sale on Amazon for $184 down from $230 if you want to have a new stick for the game you won't play because you hate it.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
ST is simple and good and has a good balance of fundamentals and absolute grime.

also

Ryuga Death
May 14, 2008

There's gotta be one more bell to crack
Fun Shoe
I play ST on a 360 pad. Just play it.

Remilia
Jan 4, 2013

Zand posted:

Yeah. I've only been playing fighting games seriously for a couple of months and even I can eke out some wins..

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Zand posted:

I mean, yeah, it's not hard. I've played all the game in SF series except for SF1.
I meant that in my eyes all of them aged quite poorly visually. Playing a fighting game that has like 2 frames of animation for every move isn't very enjoyable to me.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

lmao

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

Jack Trades posted:

I mean, yeah, it's not hard. I've played all the game in SF series except for SF1.
I meant that in my eyes all of them aged quite poorly visually. Playing a fighting game that has like 2 frames of animation for every move isn't very enjoyable to me.

people like you should just find a different genre to play, honestly

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

seriously, just go play league of legends

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

"play better games"

"uhh... but muh interpolations!"

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

Pomp posted:

ST is simple and good and has a good balance of fundamentals and absolute grime.

also

On the other hand, ST Claw exists

bad metaphors
Nov 6, 2014

One good reason why ST is my favorite street fighter is because the best overhead in the game is whiff rush upper into throw.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I mean ST is ugly that's why they made an HD Remix and you should play that