Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Red Hood
Feb 22, 2007

It's too late. You had your chance. And I'm just getting started.
We just started the Top 16 at the NorCal regional at Game Kastle Mountain View.

Top 16 lists:

quote:

OGP w/ Vader
Yorr w/ Palp and Baffle
Whisper w/ VI, Kallus, FCS, ACD

Yorr w/ palp
OL w/ Juke and Comms

Contracted Scout w/ Deadeye, Extra Munitions, Plasma Torps, Overclocked R4, Chimps
Contracted Scout w/ Deadeye, Extra Munitions, Plasma Torps, Overclocked R4, Chimps
Trandoshan Slaver w/ Zuckuss, Dengar and 4LOM

Yorr w/ palp
OL w/ Juke and Comms

Contracted Scout w/ Deadeye, Extra Munitions, Proton Torps, Overclocked R4, Chimps

Whisper w/ VI, FCS, ACD
Inquisitor w/ PtL Title, Autos
OGP w/ Palp

Contracted Scout w/ Deadeye, Proton Torps, Extra Munitions, Boba Fett, R4 Argomech, Chimps
Contracted Scout w/ Deadeye, Plasma Torps, Overclocked R4, Chimps

Bossk w/ VI, Dengar, 4LOM, Zuckuss, Dampeners
Kavil w/ Deadeye, Plasma Torps, Dorsal Turret, R4 Agromech, Chimps
N'Dru w/ VI, Homing Missles, Glitterstim, Chimps

Bossk w/ Calculation, Boba Fett, Dengar, Greedo
Zuxkuss w/ VI, K4, Tractor Beam, Title
Palob w/ Adaptability, Dorsal Turret, Cloak

Contracted Scout w/ Overclocked R4, Proton Torps, Deadeye, Chimps, Boba Fett, Extra Munitions
Contracted Scout w/ Overclocked R4, Plasma Torps, Deadeye, Chimps, 4LOM, Extra Munitions
Contracted Scout w/ Anti Pursuit Lasers, Intel Agent, Feedback

Corran Horn w/ PtL, R2D2, Engine Upgrade, FCS
Chopper w/ FCS, Extra munitions, Proton Torps, Leebo, Sabine, Thermal Dets, Chimps

Chiraneau w/ Vi, Vader, Captive, Gunner, Engine, Dauntless
Inquisitor, PtL, Prockets, Autos, Title

Brobots (B&C) w/ Title, Crack Shot, Glitterstim, HLC, Autos, FCS

Yorr w/ palp
OL w/ Juke and Comms
Whisper w/ VI, FCS, Kallus, ACD

Poe w/ Adaptability, R5P9, Autos
Red Ace w/ Comms, R2D2, Autos
Biggs w/ R4D6, IA

Not much variety. 5 Palp Aces, 5 Contracted Scout. I saw someone running 4 Scyks yesterday during swiss though. I'll see if I can find that list for you guys.

EDIT: FOUND IT!

quote:

M3-A Hivemind

Serissu w/ Mindlink, Title, Mangler Cannon
Tansarii Vet w/ w/ Mindlink, Title, Mangler Cannon

He finished 34 out of 95; 3-2-1

Red Hood fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Jun 5, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

The u-boat player hosed up from the start: taking the side which is unfavourable to the jumpies, taking the joust, bring juuuust out of range after he first move. Taking down howlie with a single torp helped but after losing that jumpie to the roof, it was all done for.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Red Hood posted:

We just started the Top 16 at the NorCal regional at Game Kastle Mountain View.

Top 16 lists:

Not much variety. 5 Palp Aces, 5 Contracted Scout. I saw someone running 4 Scyks yesterday during swiss though. I'll see if I can find that list for you guys.

EDIT: FOUND IT!

Is it pronounced Sky-k or Sc-ick

Red Hood
Feb 22, 2007

Improbable Lobster posted:

I called it "that lovely scum ship" all day.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

Red Hood posted:

I wouldn't call it a ringing endorsement.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Was at the Plano, TX regional yesterday. Finished with a respectable 4-2 record with my Decimator/Inquisitor list. It was good stuff!

My first loss was to the eventual top seed of the finals. I'm not sure if he eventually won or not. It was like 1am before we left, and it was a three hour drive home. I just woke up lol.

Went down with a friend, the one who was flying Wedge/Jan/Biggs. He's been flying it for years, and has it down to a science.

Anyway, last round of swiss, we got paired together, sadly. The winner would make the cut. The loser probably wouldn't. He beat me.

Then his top 16 match was against a Deci/Whisper list. Lost in Top 8 to triple jumps. It came down to Jan vs a jump that had all but one or two shields. He got it down to 1hp before Jan died. :(

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Improbable Lobster posted:

"Suck"

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
Sup goons, I was lucky enough to have time to get to the UK Games Expo yesterday, and I took a bunch of video of the main hall and most of the game halls:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mfCj0XSEZSE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gqVf_nWrPs
First few minutes of this one is the Yavin Open, so if anyone is in this and I didn't say hello, sorry, I didn't recognize anyone!

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Beyond is Finster's mad vision of Earth transformed.

Red Hood posted:

OGP w/ Vader
Yorr w/ Palp and Baffle

A 2-shuttle list made the cut, eh?

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Red Hood posted:

Poe w/ Adaptability, R5P9, Autos
Red Ace w/ Comms, R2D2, Autos
Biggs w/ R4D6, IA

:eyepop: It's the dumb list I was flying for my first regional, sans VI on Poe for R4D6 on Biggs. That's really cool someone took it and actually made it work.

Red Hood
Feb 22, 2007

Finster Dexter posted:

A 2-shuttle list made the cut, eh?

Made it through to Top 8 too. Got taken down by a really great BroBots player.

I'll post Top 4 in a minute once I get them started.

Edit: Top 4: BroBots, Contracted Scout x3, Bossk/N'Dru/Kavil, Whisper/OL/Palp

Red Hood fucked around with this message at 22:33 on Jun 5, 2016

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

Post Yavin thoughts: I was on form throughout the tournament apart from the very first/second game. Faced the following with Soontir/Carnor/Inquy:

- Dengar/Bossk list: I flew really badly and got unlucky, 28 -100
- Dash/Lothal Rebel: I hunted Dash and took him down. Lothal with Hera crew was hard to take down due to the constant 5k, couldn't get behind but eventually took him down, lost Soontir/Carnor but Inquy got the job done, 100 - 66
- Rexler Brath/OLeader/Zleader: Took down OLeader early since he parked himself on a rock, lost Inquy, lost Carnor, Soontir cleaned up: 100 - 63
- 2 X Scouts, Manaroo: best game of the tourney, went to time with me trying to destroy one of his scouts with Soontir only after having destroyed Manaroo, if I had done it, I would have won modified. 49 - 100
- Ello/Miranda/Green: hunted Miranda and took her down, lost Carnor, Soontir and Inquy cleaned up.
- Dual IG list, but with adaptability, FCS and HLC. Game was tense since either of us winning would mean that we would play the next day. Ended up with Inquy on two health killing IGB.

That was the first day, getting 4-2 got me two cardboard double sided, one plastic double sided and the shield tokens. Also had the alt BB8 but that was participation.

Second day:
- Chiraneau with Palp/rebel captive and whisper. Tough matchup up. Ended up with Inquy on two HP versus whisper on one, I lost the joust, good game though.
- Bossk, Ndru, Contracted scout: got lucky but took down Ndru and the scout and parked my aces at the back of his hellbus, nothing he could do to get the arcs. 100 - 0
- Poe/Wes/2 X Prototype a wings: took down Poe and lost Carnor before the dude went off to hanger bay ( which I didn't play in): 100 - 32

If I'd won out in the second day I would have got the range 1/2 rulers, but I'm happy at having come 45th. I'm a member of a xwing club based in London and one of our guys won the entire thing! MVP for me was Inquy. I've fallen in love with him.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

I also saw the models for wave 9: shadow caster looks much better than I expected, tie sf looks alright, arc is actually a nice model up close and the fang looks cool.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Tekopo posted:

I also saw the models for wave 9: shadow caster looks much better than I expected, tie sf looks alright, arc is actually a nice model up close and the fang looks cool.

Is the shadow caster model as flat as it looks? I really want to go to town on it with airbrushing and stencils.

I got lazy and did the obvious inquisitor paintjob with decals. Wanted an excuse to use 10 year old decals I guess. Not finished yet, but the cockpit's gonna be red and outlined with gold NMM. I wanted an uneven stained wood look for the decal background.

Langolas
Feb 12, 2011

My mustache makes me sexy, not the hat

Well now that I'm finally getting to see updates and lists, looks like a Wes/Biggs/Corran Horn list won the Utah regional yesterday. T-65s getting it done! I hate working saturdays sometimes and having to miss all the tournaments in the area

Brunas
Nov 5, 2012

Chill la Chill posted:

Is the shadow caster model as flat as it looks? I really want to go to town on it with airbrushing and stencils.

I got lazy and did the obvious inquisitor paintjob with decals. Wanted an excuse to use 10 year old decals I guess. Not finished yet, but the cockpit's gonna be red and outlined with gold NMM. I wanted an uneven stained wood look for the decal background.

This is legitimately the best XWing repaint I've ever seen. Looks great!

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
I just realized ARCs can take BB-8, PtL, and Kyle Crew. Add Engine to get both boost and barrel roll, and then either TL+ focus or double focus.

With a torpedo.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

I posted:

Dash Rendar — YT-2400 36
Push the Limit 3
Heavy Laser Cannon 7
Kanan Jarrus 3
Engine Upgrade 4
Outrider 5
Ship Total: 58

Norra Wexley — ARC-170 29
Push the Limit 3
Kyle Katarn 3
BB-8 2
Engine Upgrade 4
Alliance Overhaul 0
Ship Total: 41

Total: 99

It's definitely going to depend on what the ARC dial looks like.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Brunas posted:

This is legitimately the best XWing repaint I've ever seen. Looks great!

Thanks, but if you mean the proclamation and giant I, those are decals. I prefer doing graffiti that doesn't come in decal form.

Langolas posted:

Well now that I'm finally getting to see updates and lists, looks like a Wes/Biggs/Corran Horn list won the Utah regional yesterday. T-65s getting it done! I hate working saturdays sometimes and having to miss all the tournaments in the area

This is interesting. If you get more info about the top 16/32 makeup, I'd like to know. I imagine it's VI corn/Wes against both aces and boats.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

Strobe posted:

I just realized ARCs can take BB-8, PtL, and Kyle Crew. Add Engine to get both boost and barrel roll, and then either TL+ focus or double focus.

With a torpedo.

The ARC has some really crazy action engine possibilities with astromechs and such but I don't see it as durable enough to be competitive.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
Lone Wolf, R2-D2, C-3PO, Shield Upgrade.

Astro + crew opens up some fun stuff. R5-K6/Weapon Engineer, R7/Engineer, R5-D8/R2-D2 crew, etc.

You can make some crazy defensive ships.

Brunas
Nov 5, 2012

Chill la Chill posted:

Thanks, but if you mean the proclamation and giant I, those are decals. I prefer doing graffiti that doesn't come in decal form.

Of course, but the decal placement/style looks fantastic with the color and style of imperial ships

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Chill la Chill posted:

Emperor Sheev Palpatine Protects. :golfclap:

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Chill la Chill posted:

This paintjob's fantastic - same with the decal style and placement, too. Nice one Chill! You need to take it to an event now, and show it off after winning :D

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
THIS WEEK'S GAMES! This is Week 5, for those who have lost track.

POOL ONE:
Overdesigned versus Deviant
The Gate versus ConfusedUs
De Rol Le versus Major Isoor

POOL TWO:
Herus versus siggy2021
Brunas versus General Battuta
Talas versus Spiggy

POOL THREE:
Strobe versus canyonero
Finster Dexter versus ZenMastaT
Chemmy versus Admiral Joeslop

CROSS-POOL GAME:
Langolas versus Aramoro

WILD KARRDE GAME:
Gerdalti versus ro5s

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Someone placed external bombs on a Y-wing. I am violently shaking :catstare:

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

Chill la Chill posted:

Smash it while staring them dead in the eye imo.

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

This is how you communicate with a fellow intelligence: you hurt it, you keep on hurting it, until you can distinguish the posts from the screams.
Brunas when d'you wanna do this thing!

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011
De Rol Le, what's your availability like? If you've got PMs, send me a message, otherwise you can reach me on Steam.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Did I miss the next week's league announcement?

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Strobe posted:

POOL ONE:
Overdesigned versus Deviant
The Gate versus ConfusedUs
De Rol Le versus Major Isoor

POOL TWO:
Herus versus siggy2021
Brunas versus General Battuta
Talas versus Spiggy

POOL THREE:
Strobe versus canyonero
Finster Dexter versus ZenMastaT
Chemmy versus Admiral Joeslop

CROSS-POOL GAME:
Langolas versus Aramoro

WILD KARRDE GAME:
Gerdalti versus ro5s

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

Chill la Chill posted:

Really though, what else would you expect from scum and villainy.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

:negative: I scrolled right past it.

Does this MoV look right for a 4 round escalation tournament? I feel like my numbers are too high.

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

Admiral Joeslop posted:

:negative: I scrolled right past it.

Does this MoV look right for a 4 round escalation tournament? I feel like my numbers are too high.

Looks about right to me assuming the top player got a couple of 100-0 victories, or close to.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Endman posted:

Looks about right to me assuming the top player got a couple of 100-0 victories, or close to.

Ah, OK. I was wrong about how you add up the points. The three games I won were basically blowouts.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

overdesigned, shoot me A PM. I was dumb and thought i was playing De Rol Le, I think.

Gerdalti
May 24, 2003

SPOON!

Strobe posted:

POOL TWO:
WILD KARRDE GAME:
Gerdalti versus ro5s

Hey ro5s, hit me up via PM (or email at myusername AT gmail). My weeks looking a little hectic actually, (EST) Monday Evening/Night, Tuesday (after 10PM) and Friday Evening/Night are about it for me. I have the Games N Stuff regionals this weekend, but chances are I won't be going to day 2, so we could do it Sunday as well.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Chill la Chill posted:

Is there some bit of the EU that I'm missing? The K Wing has external bombs. :shrug:

Herux
Dec 1, 2013
siggy I changed my steam name back to Herux, leave me a message there on what times you can play even if i'm offline I will see it and respond when I can.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Eimi posted:

Is there some bit of the EU that I'm missing? The K Wing has external bombs. :shrug:

And that's one of the biggest things wrong with it as far as fitting the overall starwar design aesthetic.

• Locked thread