Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

Gundam Breaker 3 has a cute plot and kinda fun combat, it is a shame that every map is at least 15 minutes too long and meant to be played over and over

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
Can Vita remote play a PS1 disc inside a PS3 console? Or is it limited to PSone classics from PSN on a game-by-game basis?

I've found a lot of articles that almost answer the question for me, but they end up being about downloaded games or even the PSP instead.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Takoluka posted:

Yeah, but BLACK SERENA!!!!

..has good music but lol it's just Akito's aestie wearing armour and with a small girl stashed inside of it somehow

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Minidust posted:

Can Vita remote play a PS1 disc inside a PS3 console? Or is it limited to PSone classics from PSN on a game-by-game basis?

I've found a lot of articles that almost answer the question for me, but they end up being about downloaded games or even the PSP instead.

PS3 remote play is awful and iirc only works with certain games so no.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

RentACop posted:

Gundam Breaker 3 has a cute plot and kinda fun combat, it is a shame that every map is at least 15 minutes too long and meant to be played over and over

Yeah a friend ran into this issue really loving fast. I heard the patch improved it but it's a slog for such an action game.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Minidust posted:

Can Vita remote play a PS1 disc inside a PS3 console?

Fairly sure it can, I'll test it later. PS3 remote play is still loving awful, but.

Megalixir
Nov 10, 2007

Vanillaware ltd.

Sakurazuka posted:

I don't think anyone was under any illusion that it was actually getting a western release.

Just pointing out that the Japanese says it's intended for Asia so it's most likely going to have a Chinese, Asian English, and Korean release.

I'm sort of 50/50 on whether V will even be a good game for various reasons but I won't get into that here. The important thing for most people in this thread at least is that it's a mainline SRW game in English.

wocobob
Jan 7, 2014

damages enemies w/ corn

wocobob posted:

So I just bought a PSP running 6.60 CFW. If I want to buy and download games from PSN, what steps do I need to take? I can't do it on the version I have installed right now, can I?

I think this got buried at the bottom of a page. Does anyone happen to know the answer?

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Didn't they shut down the ability for PSPs to let you buy games from the PSN? I think you'd need to buy them from the PSN website or through a PS3, PS4 or Vita now.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:
How many Vita games have actually gotten english releases in Asia region?

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

As I was thinking about how many there were for Vita over there I went to Play-Asia and found that they now have an actual dedicated Asian English gaming section.

wocobob
Jan 7, 2014

damages enemies w/ corn

Mr. Fortitude posted:

Didn't they shut down the ability for PSPs to let you buy games from the PSN? I think you'd need to buy them from the PSN website or through a PS3, PS4 or Vita now.

You can still download games from a PC through a USB connection normally, but I'm not sure if it works on old CFW, and I don't want to waste money buying something that I can't play if it doesn't.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Policenaut posted:

As I was thinking about how many there were for Vita over there I went to Play-Asia and found that they now have an actual dedicated Asian English gaming section.

Ah, useful. :)

Now if only they'd mark the ones that are not available in US/EU.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Policenaut posted:

Oh drat, Deemo got a Vita version?

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.

Sakurazuka posted:

Oh drat, Deemo got a Vita version?

Apparently all the cutscenes in the vita version are fully animated too!

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

£35 + P&P though, ugh

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.

Sakurazuka posted:

£35 + P&P though, ugh

Believe me, if it weren't for the price tag I'd be all over that game as well.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

edit: You can always try eBay. I see this guy is selling it! Not sure what the price is in Euro tho.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Cheapest I can see is £30 including shipping which is okay, i guess...

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Policenaut posted:

IT IS THE YEAR 2016 AND WE ARE GETTING A loving MAIN SERIES SUPER ROBOT WARS GAME IN ENGLISH

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18otfdWJlLI

I've never heard of this but if its what I think it is and means I can make the Arbalest fight that pirate gundam thing then I'm down.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

wocobob posted:

So I just bought a PSP running 6.60 CFW. If I want to buy and download games from PSN, what steps do I need to take? I can't do it on the version I have installed right now, can I?

PSPs can't connect directly anymore, but you can move downloads over from a PS3 or PC.

Minidust posted:

Tried it just now and it works.

Hocus Pocus
Sep 7, 2011

Does anyone have any recommendations of games they like to play while listening to podcasts?

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

perhaps I can interest you in persona 4 golden

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Hocus Pocus posted:

Does anyone have any recommendations of games they like to play while listening to podcasts?

EDF EDF EDF!

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

Hocus Pocus posted:

SAO Hollow Fragment and, I'd guess, SAO Lost Song.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

binding of isaac and spelunky are good podcast games since they have no dialogue and are designed for replaying

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Manatee Cannon posted:

binding of isaac and spelunky are good podcast games since they have no dialogue and are designed for replaying

this but for persona 4 golden

POLICE CAR AUCTION
Dec 1, 2003

I'm not a princess

I know the psn avatar system is loving stupid but saw someone streaming on a ps4 with dagonronpa 2 avatar, any way to get those? Wanna get that cat hoodie girl but forgot her name

Yakiniku Teishoku
Mar 16, 2011

Peace On Egg

POLICE CAR AUCTION posted:

I know the psn avatar system is loving stupid but saw someone streaming on a ps4 with dagonronpa 2 avatar, any way to get those? Wanna get that cat hoodie girl but forgot her name

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en...ADANGANRO000016

have to change it on ps3

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

Hocus Pocus posted:

I like to harvest stuff on MHFU :corsair:

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Manatee Cannon posted:

These are the ultimate podcast games

Also

Monster Hunter
Everybody's Golf/Mario Golf 3DS
Any driving game
Fighting games
Any game when you're doing the grindy parts of its platinum trophy
Hearthstone is ok too

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

Hocus Pocus posted:

Currently listening to Film Junk Premiums and playing Silent Hill Book of Memories... Good times.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

zenintrude posted:

playing Silent Hill Book of Memories

:chloe:

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

You can't save everyone, Ruggington, you just can't.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

that sounds like a good game. i will buy and play that game. thanks ruggington, for making me read the title of that game.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

I'm glad

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

I do wish there was an actual good lootgame on Vita. Your options are..what, Borderlands 2, Silent Hill and Dungeon Hunters Alliance or whatever? I need a Vita port of Champions of Norrath or BG Dark Alliance or something.

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

Silent Hill isn't really a loot game (no random drops) but for $10 it's a perfectly serviceable mindless dungeon crawl. Not sure why it gets so much hate other than not being anything like a traditional Silent Hill game, which from what I can tell they were always up front about.

Ragnorok Odyssey Ace is probably a better choice for scratching the loot itch.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

okay, i was thinking of shattered memories. couldn't for the life of me understand why silent hill and dungeon crawler were in the same sentence.

anyway, it looks bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

kirbysuperstar posted:

I do wish there was an actual good lootgame on Vita. Your options are..what, Borderlands 2, Silent Hill and Dungeon Hunters Alliance or whatever? I need a Vita port of Champions of Norrath or BG Dark Alliance or something.

EDF