Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
Horses are going to be fired up against us now. Boooo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

I can't imagine what it must be like to be a Warriors fan. Do you feel good watching them play this magnificently? Or is it surreal and just a stark reminder of how bad you play most of the time?

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.

cpaf posted:

I can't imagine what it must be like to be a Warriors fan. Do you feel good watching them play this magnificently? Or is it surreal and just a stark reminder of how bad you play most of the time?

The second one.

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

:smith:

Thel
Apr 28, 2010

cpaf posted:

It's surreal and just a stark reminder of how bad you play most of the time.

:emo:

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

I'm enjoying it. I imagine this is what it's like to have bipolar disorder.

Chalupa Joe
Mar 4, 2007
If only they played like this most weeks :negative:

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

TPJ is excellent in attack and woeful in defence but he looks like an extremely good prospect

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

cpaf posted:

TPJ is excellent in attack and woeful in defence but he looks like an extremely good prospect

I think we ended up with a better player tbh. He is very talented though. Its quite hilarious how screwed the knights got during that period...considering we poached him from the knights in the first place

Knights lose tpj to the raiders, brisbane lock tpj up, raiders sign tapine from newcastle as a replacement.

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Adam is a wonderful example of how a player should go about his business in the NRL

ili posted:

Every god drat motherfucking year the Warriors play like poo poo all year then suddenly find form when they play us. All of a sudden all the passes stick and the ball just bounces perfectly. At this point Shaun Johnson could stick his hand down the toilet and come out with a gold ring

Thanks, I guess.

ili posted:

Henry the Octopus does not like the Broncos.

That motherfucker owes us, before tonight he went out of his way to screw us every loving time.

cpaf posted:

I enjoy it while I can, because I'll go back to wanting to kill myself within a week.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
waste of a season

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!

bowmore posted:

waste of a season

Only reason why Parra won't win the spoon.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Good to see the refs ignoring a blatant shoulder charge because it was done by the Storm.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.

iajanus posted:

Good to see the refs ignoring a blatant shoulder charge because it was done by the Storm.

Yep, penalty try for mine.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Smorgasbord posted:

Yep, penalty try for mine.

Possibly, but definitely a penalty.

Bet that were the teams reversed the call would have been different.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

Leeds have put Zac Hardaker up for sale so he is nrl bound. English backs dont have the best record down here. He might go ok though.

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

Burn Down Canberra posted:

I think we ended up with a better player tbh. He is very talented though. Its quite hilarious how screwed the knights got during that period...considering we poached him from the knights in the first place

Knights lose tpj to the raiders, brisbane lock tpj up, raiders sign tapine from newcastle as a replacement.

I agree Tapine looks better, but probably not $1.2m better. At least not yet. Interesting how the Knights have transformed from an old folks home into a daycare though

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:

MiniSune posted:

Only reason why Parra won't win the spoon.
Yeah, Knights really are the definition of punching bag this season. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mAUY1J8KizU

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Fanatic posted:

Yeah, Knights really are the definition of punching bag this season. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mAUY1J8KizU

And we're still the only team to lose to them Ffs

At least we beat them the second time

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

There appear to be more people on the field than in the crowd at the Tigers/roosters game.

Auditore
Nov 4, 2010

iajanus posted:

There appear to be more people on the field than in the crowd at the Tigers/roosters game.

It does look a bit wet.

Red_Museum
Apr 17, 2011

Shredded Hen
I think the Roosters have picked a side to target.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Hasn't helped having teddy off for what seems the thousandth time for a concussion test.

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
Latrell Mitchell going off it seems for good will be good for us. Sadly not good enough, the Chooks do look quite solid.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Not a bad drag out defensive game, considering the weather. I'm happy to go in down by six, I think with the injuries to the roosters we can grind this out.

That had to be the most positive thing I've ever said in this thread about the Tigers.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Apparently Brooks & Moses have finally realised there is nothing on the table for them anywhere else so both have taken up the clause in their contracts for 1 year extensions of $600k+

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Smorgasbord posted:

Apparently Brooks & Moses have finally realised there is nothing on the table for them anywhere else so both have taken up the clause in their contracts for 1 year extensions of $600k+

I'm more worried about our preferred right side defence of Naq and Nofa. The amount of times they've given up tries by running out of the line, missing easy tackles, and plain terrible play in general makes me sad as anything.

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Adam is a wonderful example of how a player should go about his business in the NRL
No Hurrell for the Titans today. I was looking forward to seeing him leak tries for another team for once.

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

At some point you'd think the Rabbits would figure out that Nielsen can't defuse bombs on the wing.

Red_Museum
Apr 17, 2011

Shredded Hen
Rabbitohs fired up and refs losing control a bit.

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

That looked like a bit of a dive, but the Souths player wasn't exactly stationary either.

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!

Jono C posted:

That looked like a bit of a dive, but the Souths player wasn't exactly stationary either.
Nah, the dumb arse Souths player grabbed hold and clearly pulled down. If he hadn't charged in to block it was doubtful the onrushing player would have made it and Souths would have won.

But what really shits me is the years and years of the Tigers getting hosed over in similar fashion with that poo poo not getting called and NOW it's a thing.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

MiniSune posted:

Nah, the dumb arse Souths player grabbed hold and clearly pulled down. If he hadn't charged in to block it was doubtful the onrushing player would have made it and Souths would have won.

But what really shits me is the years and years of the Tigers getting hosed over in similar fashion with that poo poo not getting called and NOW it's a thing.

Ditto. I agree with the call, but I'm shitted having watched us get hosed by that sort of call a ridiculous amount of times.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

Storm have signed Addo-Carr from the Tigers. I havent seen a lot of him but he looks a destructive sort of fellow.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Burn Down Canberra posted:

Storm have signed Addo-Carr from the Tigers. I havent seen a lot of him but he looks a destructive sort of fellow.

There's been a massive amount of noise around that he's been trying to get out of that contract and it's all up in the air.

Resident Idiot
May 11, 2007

Maxine13
Grimey Drawer

iajanus posted:

There's been a massive amount of noise around that he's been trying to get out of that contract and it's all up in the air.

I think it's come back down to Earth now.

Wests Tigers posted:

Joshua Addo-Carr statement

Wests Tigers can confirm that Joshua Addo-Carr will leave the Club at the end of the 2016 NRL season.

Addo-Carr has played four NRL games for Wests Tigers since joining the Club at the start of the season on a one-year deal from the Cronulla Sharks.

Wests Tigers CEO Justin Pascoe said that while the Club was disappointed to see Addo-Carr leave at the end of the season he understands that it was not an easy decision for him to make.

“I’d like to make it clear to our Members and fans that Wests Tigers made a very competitive offer to retain Joshua for the next few years and while we’re disappointed we wish him well,” he said.

Wests Tigers have also confirmed that Asipeli Fine has been granted an immediate release from the remainder of his playing contract.

Fine played three NRL games for Wests Tigers since making his debut in Round 25 of the 2014 season.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

I completely forgot that Fine existed so I don't think we'll miss him. JAC, on the other hand :(

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Just arrived to pass judgement on the first origin game. NSW showed they are still garbage because they spent about 50 minutes 10 metres from the QLD line and the only try they got was gifted by a miraculous ref decision to ignore a blatant forwards pass. Both knock-on calls at the end of the second half bounced off the head of a NSW player then knocked forward by a NSW player. Refereeing was on the whole equally terrible in both directions. Laurie is a clown pitching a shitfit because he can't pick a side that is any good. QLD looked old and tired all game. Walters is kinda like Tito at Barca in that he just did exactly what the absurdly successful guy before him did to slightly less successful but still good enough results.

Bring on game 2

Also, its a south of the tweed conspiracy

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Byolante posted:

Also, its a south of the tweed conspiracy

It always is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red_Museum
Apr 17, 2011

Shredded Hen
Mbye having a shocker with his kicking, straight to Holmes everytime.

• Locked thread