Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

That strange guy posted:

The vague rules and random mod styles make me leery of posting more or buying platinum.
That is my white noise non offensive opinion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ben Smash
Aug 22, 2005

LARDROOM
Grimey Drawer

proof of concept posted:

if you love him so much then why do you want to destroy him?

Hmm good point.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

JakeP posted:

gbs turned into a steaming pile of poo poo because of the bans not for lack of them

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
The secret to not getting traumatized by forum affairs is to not get emotionally invested.

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

That strange guy posted:

Stuff like this is why I joined after many years of lurking.
The vague rules and random mod styles make me leery of posting more or buying platinum.

If u got hit by a car tomorrow, would u regret getting an AV, or would u regret not getting an AV?

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

SHISHKABOB posted:

The secret to not getting traumatized by forum affairs is to not get emotionally invested.
This is much easier to say when you're not the target. I can't blame any mods or posters that ended up deciding it wasn't worth sticking it out.

ArbitraryC fucked around with this message at 06:57 on Jun 6, 2016

That strange guy
Dec 14, 2014

It's not strange if we never mention it again.

Ork of Fiction posted:

If u got hit by a car tomorrow, would u regret getting an AV, or would u regret not getting an AV?

If by "hit by a car" you mean randomly banned I would speculate that I would regret it.
If you mean actually hit by a car then I would have other issues to deal with but also a pretty good thread to post.

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

That strange guy posted:

If by "hit by a car" you mean randomly banned I would speculate that I would regret it.
If you mean actually hit by a car then I would have other issues to deal with but also a pretty good thread to post.

We need to do "Would you rather" with something awful ban.

Heres one.

Would you rather get banned on something awful
or would you rather drink a gallon of warm pee pee????

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord

Smash it Smash hit posted:

I would do/have done both those things for free

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

Iron Prince posted:

I would do/have done both those things for free

drat, i mean which one would you prefer here i guess?If you had to choose one.

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Heres one.

Don't limit yourself

H.H
Oct 24, 2006

August is the Cruelest Month

Heres one.

how warm?

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

H.H posted:

how warm?

like if you spit in a cup and put it in a microwave for 4.44 seconds. (what i run the 40 in :grin: )

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord

drat, i mean which one would you prefer here i guess?If you had to choose one.

the piss one. at least I could pretend it was warm apple cider and act like I was f'd up on it

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

Iron Prince posted:

the piss one. at least I could pretend it was warm apple cider and act like I was f'd up on it

okay. yes. very good *writes in journal*

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Heres one.

I heard if you drink more than one bladders worth of pee it's poison and you'll die from piss poisoning.

So I'd drink the pee.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

ArbitraryC posted:

This is much easier to say when you're not the target. I can't blame any mods or posters that ended up deciding it wasn't worth sticking it out.

Hahahahahahahah how the gently caress is forums bullying real hahahahahahahah like ArbitraryC just walk away from the screen like goon close your eyes haha

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

a hole-y ghost posted:

I heard if you drink more than one bladders worth of pee it's poison and you'll die from piss poisoning.

So I'd drink the pee.

Hm I am looking this up atm

DONKEY SALAMI
Jun 28, 2008

donkey? donkey?

The weak link is the report post part. Posters accountable. Mods and admins accountable publicly.

The missing part is who is reporting and what. To be fair to mods and admins we don't see what they're dealing with

Do people get probed or banned for hammering the report tab?

A CISHET SHITLORD
Sep 10, 2014

LOURDE OF THE SHITS
Pillbug
being banned and drinking pee are both beneficial to your health so it's a tough call, but id have to choose the piss because I am a garbage fire of a person who gets off on disgust and humiliation

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord
lol if you have plat to report

E:poo poo

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Spanish Manlove posted:

I made them be held up to a set of standards and they got super mad about it and are still salty over it. The same exact situation is going on with the current mods, the wheel of salt turns and turns.

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

ArbitraryC posted:

Maybe I'm just not dumb.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

A CISHET SHITLORD posted:

Serious, this forum has a problem with modding the best posters, which is great in theory, but it inevitably transforms them into bitter husks devoid of the human spark. Maybe make the forums more democratic?? No one person can gas a thread, but a certain number of 1 votes will autogas it? And it couldn't be hard to write a script that appropriates based off certain keywords, which would certainly be more consistent and understandable than what's been going on recently.

A little green bug just landed on my phone and I'm trying to type around the little guy without hurting him, he has quite the grip and I can't make him leave :ohdear:

i lied

i never was mod

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord

You are somehow the single person who has probated me the most out of all the times I've
Been probated

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Iron Prince posted:

You are somehow the single person who has probated me the most out of all the times I've
Been probated

oh yeah, huh

someone took my powers off me now so im a low-rent franco but i don't get pelted by feces so much when i walk down the street

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord
no hard feelings; you are better than Franco was at any point in his posting career

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord
that's not really high praise, but still. gently caress Franco.

e: i no homo meant that in a good way. you help generate comedy whereas Franco is just an aborted black hole of comedy

Iron Prince fucked around with this message at 09:23 on Jun 6, 2016

Kaptain K
Nov 2, 2007

I must admit, I am fond of you humans.

May you enjoy serendipity,

And may the Age of Fire perpetuate.
There are a lot of places to chillpost/shitpost/loweffortpost on the internet. That's practically what twitter is for now.

There's only one SA though.

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord
BEGIN TWEET:

@kaptainK gently caress you #gbs

/END TWEET stardate june 6 2016 0329 AM

A CISHET SHITLORD
Sep 10, 2014

LOURDE OF THE SHITS
Pillbug

Saint Isaias Boner posted:

i lied

i never was mod

you loving monster

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Add store option to add money to fund another long, LONG vacation for the Kyankers.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Mange Mite posted:

applewhite is one of the few consistently funny posters and its a shame he didnt take the modship when lowtax offered it

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

he's pretty much the busiest man on earth a lot of the time iirc

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

ArbitraryC posted:

I have a soft spot in my heart for franco cause I get his situation, these forums can be very socially unforgiving and the people most stubborn about acknowledging that are often those who exemplify it. It's largely why I think meta posting is the unhealthiest thing that happens around here, sometimes the easiest way to fit in is to reinforce the pecking order but we lose a lot of people to that grinder. Old gold threads that gave weeks of stories in the past would be immediately dogpiled as stdh by the negative vibe we got goin now, people wanna blame the mods for posters being timid about putting themselves out there but I feel like they're all more afraid of their peers.

you are a bitter whining furry who hasn't made a funny post in his life

and you don't like gbs and no one here likes you, so it would be a win-win situtation if you left

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

whoflungpoop posted:

youll never be anything but the poor man's franco

drat

like i've said before, whoflungpoop should be a mod

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Saint Isaias Boner posted:

he's pretty much the busiest man on earth a lot of the time iirc

when you have that many fetishes masturbation doesn't leave you much free time

the only good thing about his probation is that he can't own me for this post for 2 days

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

That strange guy posted:

Stuff like this is why I joined after many years of lurking.

Very good opinion and very good post + username combo. You're goin places, that strange guy

• Locked thread