Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Verranicus posted:

So apparently just before launch there was a small but rabid group of people on Tumblr who believed Pharah was a quadruple amputee because her model didn't appear to have room for proper arms/legs or something. When asked if she was an amputee or if it was just a normal suit, Blizz was like "it's just a suit guys" but the Tumblr people were all "that wasn't the right question to ask!! should have asked if she cut her limbs off to fit in the suit!! confirms nothing!" until Blizz later tweeted again "she has all her limbs, haha". Even this somehow ruffled their feathers because they took the 'haha' to be derogatory or something.

At what point is every video game with an ensemble cast going to look like the BK Kids Club with latino member "Lingo" and paraplegic "Wheels."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hashy
Nov 20, 2005

Minrad posted:

goblin d.va is prob the best thing to come out of the overwatch "fandom" aside from grump dad 76

This is because she's the antithesis of DVA as presented by the game

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

exquisite tea posted:

At what point is every video game with an ensemble cast going to look like the BK Kids Club with latino member "Lingo" and paraplegic "Wheels."

Lucio wall riding in a wheelchair would be pretty tight.

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken

Fans posted:

The issue with D.va is fiiring her guns slows her down, but for Winston it doesn't. Or literally any other character in the game, she's the only one with this problem and it's pretty crippling because outside of close range her guns are trash.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but hasn't Blizzard used the "slowed movement speed" downside in a few games, only to take it out later? I know the Druid in WoW had a healing form with reduced move speed for an expansion or two before the self snare got removed, and I'm pretty sure the Crusader in D3 had some kind of movement speed penalty tied to a frequently picked passive before the skill got changed to remove the penalty. I wonder if D. Va will just be the third (or more) instance of removing a self-snare from a Blizzard game.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

exquisite tea posted:

Hmm. Would we still get J.D, the dog wearing goggles?

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

exquisite tea posted:

does this mean if I order the physical copy off amazon I get a small cardboard crown

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

exquisite tea posted:

around the same time blizzard hires someone who actually knows japanese when they want to toss random japanese signage up everywhere

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Endorph posted:

around the same time blizzard hires someone who actually knows japanese when they want to toss random japanese signage up everywhere

They should hire voice actors who are actually the right ethnicity too.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
If Bastion couldn't surf the payload in his turret form, that would be nice.

After further experience, my only complaint with Torb turrets is the tracking. They lock on so fast that they provide his teammates with situational awareness that they otherwise wouldn't have, and make sneaking up on poo poo impossible.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Craptacular! posted:

If Bastion couldn't surf the payload in his turret form, that would be nice.

I agree that we should keep Bastions from committing the dumbass decision to remain completely wide open and flankable from literally every angle.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
Also I got 750 credits in drops today thanks to the never-before-seen Legendary coin drop, and now I have to decide if I make 150 more for Mobile Suit Pharah or buy Chrome Genji and White Reaper and Dark Glasses Lucio.

Just thought I'd share.

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

Blizzard needs to release more skins so your team can role-play. I want decent comps with a whole mariachi band, or a hell theme with ifrit zen, and bloodhart and the mercy devil. I played one match as 6x biker gang torb and it as fun as hell (to be the defenders)

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.
Get your poo poo together Blizzard, where's the Samus skin for Pharah?

MUSCULAR BEAVER
Dec 26, 2014

HENDO! HENDO!
More skins please much more

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
They'll just add more sprays. :shepicide:

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Give Zarya a Pvt. Vasquez from Aliens skin already. It's such a no-brainer and would finally give her one that's rad.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Lady Naga posted:

They should hire voice actors who are actually the right ethnicity too.

I mean a decent chunk of them are which is more than I can say for most games. I think it's just Torbjorn/Mercy/Reinhardt/Junkrat/Pharah that aren't

Help Im Alive posted:

Please answer my very important strawpoll so I can see what winrate goons have

http://www.strawpoll.me/10407835

if you lie I'll know so don't even think about it

I'm quoting this if anyone wants to see the results

I thought it was going to be a little higher since most people here seem to play in groups (but I guess it matches up groups with other groups to make things fair?) I've been hovering around 50% mostly playing on my own

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Help Im Alive posted:

I mean a decent chunk of them are which is more than I can say for most games. I think it's just Torbjorn/Mercy/Reinhardt/Junkrat/Pharah that aren't

Widowmaker isn't and being a native French speaker she's the only one I care about.

Turtle Sandbox
Dec 31, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Winston is just a D.Va that can shield himself from ranged characters whom he is not shooting and who will actually get the chance to shift away and heal up and still fight.

D.Va you just shift in, eat a teams worth of focus fire that hits your center of mass head, and then you get to die to widow or whoever when you finally jump out of your mech and are still alive but not able to fulfill your role again until you rebuild your next Q, which makes it so you get to experience a respawn timer without even dying. Maybe they will just give her a stupid long lasting E with a longer CD and then you can at least give some space to peak for your team, for some odd reason I feel like D.Va will keep the slow walk no matter what because design or some lovely excuse, or they just decide gently caress it leave her as it is and just make sure other chars are viable.

MUSCULAR BEAVER posted:

More skins please much more

Don't worry, blizzard could stop giving a poo poo about the game but would keep making GBS threads out low effort skins to feed peoples addiction, trust me, you will have all of the skins you want and have paid blizzard 10 times what you paid for the actual game.

Turtle Sandbox fucked around with this message at 11:53 on Jun 6, 2016

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

Lady Naga posted:

Widowmaker isn't and being a native French speaker she's the only one I care about.

Does she sound Canadian or are we talking straight up broken French here?

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Elman posted:

Does she sound Canadian or are we talking straight up broken French here?

She's either an American trying really hard to sound French or an actual French person playing up the accent to a ridiculous degree. Her actual lines are fine but she sounds like a cartoon.

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

Better than Mei. They obviously wanted her to sound as minimally Chinese as possible while still pandering to Chinese players.

Thoughtless
Feb 1, 2007

Doesn't think, just types.
When using Tactical Visor as 76, should i still be firing in bursts or do /all/ the bullets hit the target even if I just fire full auto?

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Apparently her voice actor is French but listening to commericals she's posted on her website she's laying on the accent pretty thick for Widowmaker

http://www.chloehollings.com/#!voix-off/c18uk

(+ here she is on a French TV show promoting a book or something)

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Help Im Alive posted:

Apparently her voice actor is French but listening to commericals she's posted on her website she's laying on the accent pretty thick for Widowmaker

http://www.chloehollings.com/#!voix-off/c18uk

(+ here she is on a French TV show promoting a book or something)

I figured after posting she was actually French but IMDB has a completely different listing for her for whatever reason.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
i barely see bastions anymore, they kind of just vanished after 40+ it seems. Maybe people learned how easy it is to counter them

Bolivar
Aug 20, 2011

power botton posted:

Blizzard needs to release more skins so your team can role-play. I want decent comps with a whole mariachi band, or a hell theme with ifrit zen, and bloodhart and the mercy devil. I played one match as 6x biker gang torb and it as fun as hell (to be the defenders)

Can you clarify on how you were able to gather 6 people who have the biker Torb to play a game together.

jubelio
Dec 10, 2003
if you can balance a tac-hammer on your head, you can head off your opponent with a balanced attack

Fans posted:

I was playing with friends last night and every time the DPS would pick Pharah, Junkrat and a Sniper. Like I'm glad you're not terrible guys but pick someone who can stand on the loving point.

you know, if the other team had a reaper or junkrat or multiple tanks, they were doing you a favor by applying damage from safety.

Zzulu posted:

i barely see bastions anymore, they kind of just vanished after 40+ it seems. Maybe people learned how easy it is to counter them

not according to some of the posts in this thread.

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

Thoughtless posted:

When using Tactical Visor as 76, should i still be firing in bursts or do /all/ the bullets hit the target even if I just fire full auto?

Just lay on the trigger.

Turtle Sandbox
Dec 31, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Thoughtless posted:

Its a full aimbot so hold M1 and watch the kills roll in.

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!
Any config tricks I'm not aware of? Especially making the mouse and general movement crisper and getting rid of all the input lag?

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one

Vax posted:

Any config tricks I'm not aware of? Especially making the mouse and general movement crisper and getting rid of all the input lag?
Disable vsync to remove input lag. Mouse input is tricky, you can't disable mouse accel directly but you can disable it by disabling mouse accel on your OS. That means no mouse accel on your desktop. That's at least what's worked for me regarding raw input, I forget why it's this why but some stupid blizzard reason. Disable motion blur too obviously.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Lady Naga posted:

She's either an American trying really hard to sound French or an actual French person playing up the accent to a ridiculous degree. Her actual lines are fine but she sounds like a cartoon.

Widow is a cartoon, her character is as over the top as reaper's

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

TheTatteredKing posted:

Widow is a cartoon, her character is as over the top as reaper's

Reaper doesn't have a ridiculous fake accent.

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction

Lady Naga posted:

Reaper doesn't have a ridiculous fake accent.

Isn't he roleplaying as Christian Bale's Batman?

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Fans posted:

Isn't he roleplaying as Christian Bale's Batman?

He has an affected way of speaking yeah but there's a difference between doing that and having a ridiculous parody accent. Man I don't even know why I have to justify myself here there were people upthread who complained about the fake Australian accents and nobody threw them shade :(

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one
Reaper is a whole different ballpark of corny compared to bad accents and whatever else.

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction
Considering Overwatch is just a bunch of Cultural Stereotypes and fanfiction grade backgrounds it's not exactly surprising the accents aren't any better. If they ever do a Welsh character I hope they do the most comically Taffy voice possible.

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

Bolivar posted:

Can you clarify on how you were able to gather 6 people who have the biker Torb to play a game together.

you and a few of your friends have all bought 50+ crates.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Lady Naga posted:

He has an affected way of speaking yeah but there's a difference between doing that and having a ridiculous parody accent. Man I don't even know why I have to justify myself here there were people upthread who complained about the fake Australian accents and nobody threw them shade :(

Well, I think Junkrat is supposed to sound annoying more than Australian. I was behind on the thread when people were saying that.
I actually didn't realize widow had an exaggerated accent. As a uncultured American the stereotype French accent is the Spy's snorty hon hon hons