Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

vOv posted:

I got 500 on a dummy literally by just spamming scathe and using Blizzard only to keep my MP regen up, so I don't know what the hell.

Well I am too dumb to actually use ACT correctly I think, so that 250 dps does include all the downtime ravana has, I think highest dps showing was like 800-900? And we still cleared well before any of the annoying mechanics started going off, so that can't be right.

Still, that guy was almost as low as me and lower than the PLD tank, and I was also doing all the healing in there. Maybe he was actually just spamming scathe and there's a 50% downtime :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Truga posted:

Well I am too dumb to actually use ACT correctly I think, so that 250 dps does include all the downtime ravana has, I think highest dps showing was like 800-900? And we still cleared well before any of the annoying mechanics started going off, so that can't be right.

Still, that guy was almost as low as me and lower than the PLD tank, and I was also doing all the healing in there. Maybe he was actually just spamming scathe and there's a 50% downtime :shrug:

If you've still got the parse up, you can look at what abilities they were using.

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?

MadFriarAvelyn posted:

Just popping in here to post that this advice helped me clear the last two challenge races, saved me from chocobo racing hell and got me a spiffy new barding:

I wasn't able to use increased stamina for the build, as my hereditary skill was choco cure II, and I didn't have max stars in stamina, but going all in on endurance, stamina and cunning made a world of difference for me. My prior build was mostly going all in on speed/acceleration/stamina, which didn't do so well once I hit the rating 300 races, even at rank 50. In comparison, I was easily winning the rating 300 races in Costa with this build as early as rank 40, usually hitting super sprint right before the steep hill and riding it all the way to the finish line.

Final stats for clearing the last two challenge races, if anyone is curious:

That's awesome! I'm just about to get Rank 40 on my Pedigree 3 Chocobo, so I still have a really long way to go. It's really fascinating to see how it all works at the highest echelons. Gonna keep working at it and someday I hope to make a monster bird too. :)

It is definitely confusing for me, though- I've been focusing on Speed and Acceleration thus far, so I get the feeling I'm on the road for a similar rude awakening to the one you had.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Is there a way to get the game to add every single enemy that is currently targeting a party member to my enmity list, rather than only enemies I've tagged once?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Eopia posted:

If it helps, I main dragoon and can tell you my basic opener. I go Heavy Thrust (Battle Litany) > Impulse Drive (Blood for Blood+Internal Release) > Disembowel (Blood of the Dragons + Leg Sweep) > Chaos Thrust (Geirskogul) > 4th (Power Surge + Jump) > Phlebotomize (Spineshatter Dive) > True Thrust (Dragonfire Dive) > Vorpal Thrust (Life Surge) > Full Thrust > 4th. The moves in () being used in between gcds after the ability.

I personally use battle litany at 1 second before the pull. This helps out the rest of my group better than after the first GCD. HT, B4B, ID, Inner Release/Power surge, Disembowel, BotD/Legsweep, CT, Jump, combo finisher, DfD, phlebotomize, spineshatter dive, TT, geirskogul, VT, life surge, FT, Combo Finisher, and repeat.

Typically you'd rather have your jump by itself between GCDs. The animation lock is long enough that if you use any other cooldown in that frame, you'll clip a good chunk of your GCD. Try to get power surge up a GCD or two before you're going to do your jump so it's by itself.

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

what do you mean that hotkey disappeared
Aaand pop goes the server. See you all in 24 hours, barring maintenance finishing early.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Lemon-Lime posted:

Is there a way to get the game to add every single enemy that is currently targeting a party member to my enmity list, rather than only enemies I've tagged once?

Aside from being quite precise with your AoE, there is not, I'm afraid. Although I'm not sure why you wouldn't want to put everything that your party is engaging on the list? What is the scenario?

zolthorg
May 26, 2009

SL the Pyro posted:

Aaand pop goes the server. See you all in 24 hours, barring maintenance finishing early.

how do i know if this goes early given that its the middle of my weekend right now i'd like to be ready D:

also i guess now i have time to finish dark souls and play all my demos
so there's a light
in the darkness

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum
Keep one of the various world status checkers refreshing every couple of minutes or watch the game launcher. This one probably won't launch early cause it'll coincide with a weekly reset.

Go play some other things, I'm currently bitching about people not getting on the loving control point in overwatch

e: Whoa, patch notes makes it look like scrips have been obliterated?

Ignimbrite fucked around with this message at 12:02 on Jun 6, 2016

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe
all the old xkeep's stuff now takes blue scrips instead of red scrips, and half as many or less, 12 tokens instead of 26 for tools

there's a second new universal set of crafted gear called carbonweave thing of gathering/crafting as well that might be designed to bridge the universal gap between chimerical felt/ironworks

between this and the materia from the ixal there's going to be some people hilariously upset that this retarded system is easier to get into

purified coke, etc. was all changed to blue scrips as well, and less raw materials

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009
I'd been making good progress on my relic the past couple weeks, but I had a brain fart and thought maintenance was tomorrow, so I'd planned to finish it off today. Oh well, a few more days won't hurt anything, and it'll give other people a head start on being able to tell me how to optimize the new step.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

Ignimbrite posted:

Keep one of the various world status checkers refreshing every couple of minutes or watch the game launcher. This one probably won't launch early cause it'll coincide with a weekly reset.

arrstatus.com, for the curious.

And like Smart Car pointed out upthread, there's a chance it'll be a bit early but it won't be much due to the weekly reset. That reset is at 1AM PT, so that's the earliest it could probably come up. 2AM is more likely.

(Going to be watching like a hawk anyway as I may or may not be hunting for a haus)

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

SwissArmyDruid posted:

Aside from being quite precise with your AoE, there is not, I'm afraid. Although I'm not sure why you wouldn't want to put everything that your party is engaging on the list? What is the scenario?

I do. I want every enemy on the field as soon as they spawn (or failing that, currently being targeted by or targeting a party members), so that I can have all of their enmity icons on my screen, instead of just the enmity icons for enemies that I have personally attacked.

Presently, the enmity list only shows stuff that I've damaged, so I was wondering if there was a setting I could change.

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 12:20 on Jun 6, 2016

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

Lemon-Lime posted:

I do. I want every enemy on the field as soon as they spawn (or failing that, currently being targeted by or targeting a party members), so that I can have all of their enmity icons on my screen, instead of just the enmity icons for enemies that I have personally attacked.

Presently, the enmity list only shows stuff that I've damaged, so I was wondering if there was a setting I could change.

Nope - the point is to show stuff that you have threat on, so it will never show targets you haven't attacked or interacted with.

Now, if you're a caster of some stripe, you can chuck out a single heal to get threat on things, if you like. Otherwise, you're kind of out of luck.

Also note that the enmity list has an upper limit - I think it's 8 targets or so? It's rarely a factor, but it can be in some cases.

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Lemon-Lime posted:

Idk if that's possible, but I think the workaround is to flash a couple times to see if you can get everything

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
The best way to do that is the be the one that pulls the pack :v:

Smart Car
Mar 31, 2011

vOv posted:

Rumor has it that you need to have done most/all of the moogle quests to do the moogle beast tribe quests.
It's not nearly all of them, but it's three sidequest "stories" that are required for each other. You need to have helped Mogleo join the Pomguard, you must have helped the Pomguard defend Zenith, and you must have helped some Ishgardians survey the Churning Mists and contact the moogles. I made a post with more details on ffgoons here.

Smart Car fucked around with this message at 13:05 on Jun 6, 2016

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Erg posted:

Idk if that's possible, but I think the workaround is to flash a couple times to see if you can get everything

But that means wasting a cross-class skill slot and bar space on Flash. :v:

Sadly, I'm WAR, so I can't toss out a heal. The aggro list in general is by far the worst part of this game, I have to say.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

Lemon-Lime posted:

But that means wasting a cross-class skill slot and bar space on Flash. :v:

You should absolutely have Flash cross-classed as a WAR. Slow as it might regen in combat, you aren't using that MP for much of anything else! And hey, it's a GCD that allows you to regen a little bit of TP.

zolthorg
May 26, 2009

SpaceDrake posted:

You should absolutely have Flash cross-classed as a WAR. Slow as it might regen in combat, you aren't using that MP for much of anything else! And hey, it's a GCD that allows you to regen a little bit of TP.

yeah i've been back in the game for effectively a week or two now after being gone for 2 years and people are still making this "overpower is gud enuff just use overpower" joke
and i'm like :confused: some newbie is going to read that and think its serious

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

New jukebox music for the audiophile endgame:

Sultana Dreaming - Ul'dah night
A Sailor Never Sleeps - Limsa night
Dance of the Fireflies - Gridania night
Nobility Obliges - Pillars day
The Mushroomery - Matoya's Cave
Shelter - some friendly HW camps, e.g. Falcon's Nest
Against the Wind - West Coerthas day
Landlords - Churning Mists day
Missing Pages - Hinterlands day
To the Sun - Thanalan 2.0
On Westerly Winds - La Noscea 2.0
Serenity - Shroud 2.0
The Warrens - Snowcloak
Ominous Prognisticks - Heavensward dungeon boss
Ink Long Dry - Gubal
Unbreakable - Fractal
Apologies - maybe new? if I had to guess from list order I'd say it's Sohr Khai
Horizons Calling - Hullbreaker
Wreck to the Seaman - Leviathan phase 1
Through the Maelstrom - Leviathan phase 2
Good King Moggle Mog XII - see name
Revenge of the Horde - almost certainly new what with matching the patch name, guessing some phase of Nidhogg
Battle on the Big Bridge - Gilgamesh
Battle to the Death - Heavensward - Seph phase 1 (FF6 remix)
Engage - Diadem
Defender of the Realm - cutscene music for when good poo poo is happening and you beat the bad guy
On Windy Meadows - La Noscea 1.0
Whisper of the Land - Shroud 1.0
Twilight over Thanalan - Thanalan 1.0
Dragonsong - see name

Klades
Sep 8, 2011

Flash can let you pick up multiple mobs in one GCD that overpower would need 2+ in a handful of situations and it's good to use while picking up mobs in 4-mans so your TP can regenerate a bit.
In terms of actually generating threat on stuff you're fighting you don't really need it but what else are you going to use that cross class slot for.

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum

Vil posted:

Imagine, "GOOD KING MOGGLE MOG GOOD KING MOG LORD OF ALL THE LANDS" on repeat, forever :unsmigghh:

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

Klades posted:

Flash can let you pick up multiple mobs in one GCD that overpower would need 2+ in a handful of situations and it's good to use while picking up mobs in 4-mans so your TP can regenerate a bit.
In terms of actually generating threat on stuff you're fighting you don't really need it but what else are you going to use that cross class slot for.

There's a case for Second Wind in scenarios where you might actually need that clutch healing (despite being shittier than both Thrill of Battle and Equilibrium and on a longer cooldown) but don't need Flash because, say, there aren't trash packs to worry about. (Most) raiding and extreme primals, for example.

Provoke and Convalescence are a given. Internal Release, nearly as much so. Awareness is very solid for both its own effect (on the occasional thing that has a naturally high or guaranteed crit rate) and for taking away the drawback from Raw Intuition, though there are scenarios where neither of these is an issue (single target, doesn't crit noticeably).

Potato Jones
Apr 9, 2007

Clever Betty

Vil posted:

This is the good stuff. Yesssss.

Edit: Also, I will lock the DGKK jukebox to whatever obnoxious/awesome new song is picked if ... I guess if you just ask me. I like being a jerk.

Smart Car
Mar 31, 2011

In my opinion the use case for Flash as a Warrior is basically 4-mans. If you're planning on pulling multiple packs it's way more convenient to just run through a pack and Flash once while running than it is to hit those same enemies with Overpower. Flash isn't as useful outside of 4-man content. If I actively played Warrior I'd probably switch Flash in for 4-mans and swap it for Second Wind for raids.

CrashScreen
Nov 11, 2012

Flash is pretty useful when you're just running too. You can pass through a group and Flash without having to target or line yourself up for them, so it can help with some flow. It's also another thing that works while you're pacified after using Berserk.

Oh man, that's a lot of music to collect. I'm really digging that the city-state 1.0 themes are back too.

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

So now that goblin dice and cups are the new red scrip tokens, what can we do with the old red scrip tokens? Perhaps trade them in for the new tokens at a reduced rate?

Also, I wish I kept mining blue scrip. I stopped once I got all the books.

quote:

ALIASES:
/gaussbarrel, /gbarrel
USAGE:
/gaussbarrel

→Changes your Gauss Barrel display settings. These settings will not apply to other players.

>>Subcommands:
on Display your Gauss Barrel.
off Hide your Gauss Barrel.

Toggle the Gauss Barrel display settings on/off if no subcommand is specified.

Nice!

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

enemy one body to the proximity Zan attack discard the power slap hit.

CrashScreen posted:

Oh man, that's a lot of music to collect. I'm really digging that the city-state 1.0 themes are back too.

They're one of the two field themes for all 3 of the areas.

Hopefully we'll get the city themes someday because Ul'dah's 1.0 theme was extremely chill

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

quote:

* The image has been changed, as the previous image contained content still in development.

Go on...

CrashScreen
Nov 11, 2012

CrashScreen posted:

Anyone else notice something interesting in the new Old Gridania map image?

The arrows are the new zone lines that they're adding to all of the maps. Gridania has one that hasn't been active before. It's in the area people used to use to get out of bounds (residential area for Gridanians). It's been there but inaccessible since 2.0.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos
I can't log on anymore.

Any time I try to open the patcher, I get this message while the launcher/updater is still loading:

Unable to complete version check. [30605] [20448] [10009] [10019]

This started randomly overnight. I did not update anything on my computer, I changed no settings, and nothing I have thought to do can get rid of this and let me log on. Based on some suggestions on the Internet, I restarted my router (twice), tried to reinstall the launcher, ran an anti-malware program. No change. I am on Windows 10.

Anyone know how to fix this? I really want to get on and do the event.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

There is no fix, you are forever doomed.

Just kidding, try waiting until the servers actually come back up.

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Prism posted:

I can't log on anymore.

Any time I try to open the patcher, I get this message while the launcher/updater is still loading:

Unable to complete version check. [30605] [20448] [10009] [10019]

This started randomly overnight. I did not update anything on my computer, I changed no settings, and nothing I have thought to do can get rid of this and let me log on. Based on some suggestions on the Internet, I restarted my router (twice), tried to reinstall the launcher, ran an anti-malware program. No change. I am on Windows 10.

Anyone know how to fix this? I really want to get on and do the event.

There's a patch going on, check back tomorrow

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!

Erg posted:

There's a patch going on, check back tomorrow
To be fair, they didn't do a very good job of communicating the downtime to anyone who didn't log in yesterday (and doesn't follow FFXIV news).

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Buzzard, Who Steals From Dead Bodies

PhilippAchtel posted:

So now that goblin dice and cups are the new red scrip tokens, what can we do with the old red scrip tokens? Perhaps trade them in for the new tokens at a reduced rate?

Apparently it's at a one for one rate, OR you can turn them in directly for materia.

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

I think the login pop-up notification about maintenance was going for most of the weekend, not just yesterday, though I could be wrong.

Still, anyone planning on logging on to do the event probably hasn't been on in a scale of weeks rather than days, so it would be understandable not to have gotten the notification that way.

On the other hand, a good MMO habit to pick up is, if you can't log on, check the official site and see if there's any maintenance going on, before worrying if it's something on your end.

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

Mister Olympus posted:

Apparently it's at a one for one rate, OR you can turn them in directly for materia.

you can trade them for blue scrip tokens at a 1:1 rate, you can't trade them for goblin items

which honestly should have been expected because they weren't going to let you pile up the weekly gated currency to buy everything day one

jellycat
Nov 5, 2012

it's a nice day

I've been watching the live reading of the patch notes and Yoshida said it's just a test area that they forgot to account for when they took screenshots.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Vil posted:

I think the login pop-up notification about maintenance was going for most of the weekend, not just yesterday, though I could be wrong.

Still, anyone planning on logging on to do the event probably hasn't been on in a scale of weeks rather than days, so it would be understandable not to have gotten the notification that way.

On the other hand, a good MMO habit to pick up is, if you can't log on, check the official site and see if there's any maintenance going on, before worrying if it's something on your end.

Yeah I haven't been on in a couple weeks. Thanks! I thought it would load the launcher and stop after at that point like WoW's launcher does if it was a patch day, so I assumed it was on my end.

• Locked thread