Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How will you be voting in the UKEU Referendum?
This poll is closed.
Remain - Keep Britane Strong! 328 15.40%
Leave - Take Are Sovreignity Back! 115 5.40%
Remain - But only because Brexit are crazy 506 23.76%
Leave - But only because the EU is terrible 157 7.37%
Spoiled Ballot - This whole thing is an awful idea 61 2.86%
I'm not going to vote 19 0.89%
I'm not allowed to vote 411 19.30%
Pissflaps 533 25.02%
Total: 2130 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Pesmerga posted:

If we leave the EU, the U.K. is hosed. Scotland will do referendum 2.0, Northern Ireland will be chaos. Wales loses a shitload of regional funds. I can't see how this can possibly end well.

Cheer up, once we get drafted into the ensuing war and all the paups die in pointless bloodshed the economy will be much healthier.

In 1926 Britain saw the General Strike.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you

Pissflaps posted:

I don't think the UK is 'hosed' if we leave the EU. I just things will be worse.

I wish I could agree - unfortunately I think it will create a constitutional crisis that will end the UK as we know it.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
From a global perspective would that be a good thing or a bad thing?

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!

Pesmerga posted:

I wish I could agree - unfortunately I think it will create a constitutional crisis that will end the UK as we know it.

Yea but what about foreigners? Yesterday I saw a polish woman buying a cabbage in the worlds food part of Asda, the country isn't the same any more!!!!!!!

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
If only Tony Blair was still leader so he could ban them from buying potatoes. :v:

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Taear posted:

Yea but what about foreigners? Yesterday I saw a polish woman buying a cabbage in the worlds food part of Asda, the country isn't the same any more!!!!!!!

How could you tell she was Poli-- is that an iron cross tattoo I see there, Kamerad?

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you

Taear posted:

In between Farage's vile 'only leaving the EU will protect ARE WIMMINZ safe from roving rape gangs' and Gove's 'all experts are elitist morons apart from my experts who say that terrorists will kill us all unless we leave', I've pretty much given up hope.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

Pesmerga posted:

Can't have a constitutional crisis without a constitution. The system works! :shepface:

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Pesmerga posted:

In between Farage's vile 'only leaving the EU will protect ARE WIMMINZ safe from roving rape gangs' and Gove's 'all experts are elitist morons apart from my experts who say that terrorists will kill us all unless we leave', I've pretty much given up hope.
I'm predicting a last minute Hail Mary for Remain ScotRef style, although probably not from Gordon Brown.

Maybe someone universally reviled like Gary Glitter will come out in support of Leave.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Guavanaut posted:

I'm predicting a last minute Hail Mary for Remain ScotRef style, although probably not from Gordon Brown.

Maybe someone universally reviled like Gary Glitter will come out in support of Leave.

Gove's already came out in support of leave, though.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

Guavanaut posted:

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:

Guavanaut posted:

Doesn't work like that, my mum hates half the main figures in the Leave campaign but is happy to put that to one side for the sake of the country. Which makes sense - focus on the what, not the who.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
OK now I'm worried.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

I just got my ballot paper. Do you have to vote using black ink? I've only got green pens in the house and I don't want to go outside?

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Charged on 1 count of Brexit and (re)Entering

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Baron Corbyn posted:

I just got my ballot paper. Do you have to vote using black ink? I've only got green pens in the house and I don't want to go outside?

Is this a real post?

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

quote:

I’m Brexit! There you go. I’m honest about it. The only reason being is because, yes, we can stay in and renegotiate new terms. But I think it’s always better to shut the door, then open it again and agree better terms.
That's probably the dumbest opinion I've heard on Brexit in a while.

"Yeah it's better to destroy everything first, that's how you make a deal. I renegotiated my salary by flouncing around the office for a month and then quitting, then trying to get rehired. It's a great idea and the only reason I support Leave."

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

The poll results are fantastic.

Pissflaps posted:

Is this a real post?

I've got purple pens as well and some crayons.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not A doctor, THE Doctor!
Do people not know what a game changer is?

Wait, do I not know what a game changer is?

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
https://twitter.com/CloakedStalker/status/739796573169844224

https://twitter.com/Edwina_Currie/status/739798393405493248

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Maybe the people voting on the internet poll are not acting entirely seriously.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Guavanaut posted:

Maybe the people voting on the internet poll are not acting entirely seriously.

That explains the 20%

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

:whitewater:

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

Baron Corbyn posted:

Since no-one's actually answered this seriously... RTFM man.

Black ink only, IIRC, but the restrictions are on the instructions that come with the ballot paper.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

quote:

“We all do it with our careers, don’t we? Even if you’re a bus driver, you like to renegotiate your contract to get more pay, better deals, more time off…that sort of thing.”

:eyepop:

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Pesmerga posted:

I'm intrigued, why do you think this is?

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

goddamnedtwisto posted:

I'm intrigued, why do you think this is?

I'm assuming he meant the possibility of Scotland withdrawing from the UK in event of a leave vote.

Also it was black only and I was able to borrow a pen from my neighbour.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Guavanaut posted:

That's probably the dumbest opinion I've heard on Brexit in a while.

"Yeah it's better to destroy everything first, that's how you make a deal. I renegotiated my salary by flouncing around the office for a month and then quitting, then trying to get rehired. It's a great idea and the only reason I support Leave."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Shock_Doctrine

OvineYeast
Jul 16, 2007

Freiheit ist immer Freiheit der Andersdenkenden

Baron Corbyn posted:

I'm assuming he meant the possibility of Scotland withdrawing from the UK in event of a leave vote.

Also it was black only and I was able to borrow a pen from my neighbour.

Also Northern Ireland will be complicated.

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.

awesome-express posted:

-Joins Euro as all new members are required to do so

Not actually true.

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

:irony:

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

OvineYeast posted:

Also Northern Ireland will be complicated.
That's a given anyway.

I hope the referendum causes more slapfights between terrible people.

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

baka kaba posted:

“We all do it with our careers, don’t we? Even if you’re a bus driver, you like to renegotiate your contract to get more pay, better deals, more time off…that sort of thing.”

In fairness it might work for an actor. Whether or not (not) it does for diplomatic relations is, ergh umm

Extreme0
Feb 28, 2013

I dance to the sweet tune of your failure so I'm never gonna stop fucking with you.

Continue to get confused and frustrated with me as I dance to your anger.

As I expect nothing more from ya you stupid runt!

Pesmerga posted:

OK now I'm voting Leave.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!

Private Speech posted:

In fairness it might work for an actor. Whether or not (not) it does for diplomatic relations is, ergh umm

From the studio who brought you "the national budget is a lot like a credit card" comes the new smash hit "diplomatic relations are just like a job interview".

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

I have today seen someone saying that Britain doesn't need a long term energy policy because we will be able to buy lots of cheap energy from Europe, as once we leave the EU they will have to give us a good deal.

That the Leave campaign has such a high proportion of the vote is proof that bell curves have a bottom end.

haakman
May 5, 2011

Pesmerga posted:

Michael Gove. Don't trust experts. Don't value education and the opinions and facts it can provide.

Michael Gove. Formerly in charge of... education in this country.

Just loving burn it all down.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

haakman posted:

Michael Gove. Don't trust experts. Don't value education and the opinions and facts it can provide.

Michael Gove. Formerly in charge of... education in this country.

Just loving burn it all down.

This isn't just Gove, it's Tory party policy re. academisation.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Jedit posted:

I have today seen someone saying that Britain doesn't need a long term energy policy because we will be able to buy lots of cheap energy from Europe, as once we leave the EU they will have to give us a good deal.

What a ridiculous thing to say.

We don't need a long-term energy policy because we're loving doomed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Tesseraction posted:

What a ridiculous thing to say.

We don't need a long-term energy policy because we're loving doomed.

I too support the use of trident

• Locked thread