Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cyberventurer
Jul 10, 2005
Update coming out on the 10th.

https://www.reddit.com/r/darksouls3/comments/4msdma/update_app_version_105_reg_version_108_friday/

---

Archdragon Peak: Fixed the freeze when jumping into the fog after ringing the bell.
The Rinfinger Leonhard quest will now start properly after the removal of the restriction on the maximum number of Pale Tongues that can be offered to Rosaria, Mother of Rebirth.
Trophies will now unlock correctly even if the required item is sent directly to the storage.
Fixed a Skill being changed based on a right hand weapon when equipping White Hair Talisman on the left hand while holding the Sacred Flame with both hands
The Horsehoof Ring (which increases stamina drains of ATK) will no longer affect other attacks besides its initial effect on kicks.
It will no longer be possible to equip a helm when using a Wax Pool after using the Dragon Head Stone.
Fixed the HP drain damage of Symbol of Avarice when resting near bonfire.
Fixed a spell animation and effect not synching up when using the magic repetitively.
Fixed when summoning the white phantom NPC under a certain circumstance, the character's collision will properly function nullifying all enemy attacks.
Fixed issue where skills could be performed even when a certain amount of FP was not available.
Adjusted the attack cancel parameters of some curved swords attacks.
Adjusted the attack power and skills of fist and claw weapons.
Adjusted the skills of twin blade weapons.
Fixed the scythe not penetrating shields at close distances.
Adjusted stamina consumption and attack cancel parameters for rapier weapons.
Adjusted the attack collision for the washing pole weapon.
Adjusted parameters of Farron Hail and Busting Fireball.
Adjusted casting speed, stamina consumption, cancel timing of some Spells.
Increased the number of arrows/bolts that can be possessed.
During online multiplayer: During the invasion of a Dark Phantom, the host will no longer be separated from his area.
During online multiplayer: A dark phantom can no longer be forcibly brought back in some maps.
During online multiplayer: When the player is summoned during a boss battle, the boss will no longer become motionless even after the player is back to his/her world.
The status effects below the stamina gauge will no longer be hidden when opening the top menu with HUD display set to auto.
The voice chat icon will now remain visible when the HUD display is set to "Auto."
Fixed the display of strength level shown in the equipment menu when using two-handed weapon.
Other game balance parameters have been adjusted.
Several game flaws fixed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Million Ghosts posted:

for some reason 45 feels low but i haven't played around much with low level stuff. doesn't leave a ton of build options but that's cool i can be a straight sword spammer too!

Its low compared to the meta but its still plenty of levels for you to use a variety of weapons. Its only a problem if you want to use magic, in which case you would be spread hopelessly thin while not even having the stats for good spells. So if you want to use spells you will have to go a lot higher than that.

But I've used plenty of weapons at 45, none of them straight swords. I even have a dual katanna bleed build that works just fine at 45.

Cyberventurer posted:

Fixed issue where skills could be performed even when a certain amount of FP was not available.

Are you loving kidding me? That was unintentional and it took them this long to fix it? :cripes:

Internet Kraken fucked around with this message at 14:27 on Jun 6, 2016

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
During online multiplayer: During the invasion of a Dark Phantom, the host will no longer be separated from his area. ?
Increased the number of arrows/bolts that can be possessed. about time
Adjusted the attack power and skills of fist and claw weapons. eager to see how this works out
ctrl-f poise but it's staying uninstalled

MZ
Apr 21, 2004

Excuse me while I kiss the sky.

Cyberventurer posted:

Update coming out on the 10th.

https://www.reddit.com/r/darksouls3/comments/4msdma/update_app_version_105_reg_version_108_friday/

---

Fixed a Skill being changed based on a right hand weapon when equipping White Hair Talisman on the left hand while holding the Sacred Flame with both hands
Fixed when summoning the white phantom NPC under a certain circumstance, the character's collision will properly function nullifying all enemy attacks.

So looks like the are fixing the Sacred Flame glitch and the Dancer glitch.

Cyberventurer posted:

I hate when they do this, what exactly??

Looks like they think Poise is working fine and the Dark Sword is perfectly balanced.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
The fact that they specifically mentioned fixing the collisions on the washing pole and nothing else is seriously disheartening.

They really do think straight swords are perfectly fine.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
Let's of course clarify it's about online modes. Smough Hammer R2, enemy in range of taking a no damage stagger. Switch to straightsword, can hack away no problem. One step forward and the Dark Sword close enough to teleport and make a backstab, captured that on video.

HaB
Jan 5, 2001

What are the odds?

SynthOrange posted:

I'm looking for that too, if I want to hang around the Catacombs.

I built a Catacombs Invader who stays at 50. Invasions there are basically instant and constant. I had no trouble finding summons for late game areas, so I assume Invasions would be about the same as well. I think I had to start using Fingers to get summons by the time I got to Lothric Castle, but that was it.

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009
So Horsehoof Ring doesn't affect regular attacks anymore? Making it even more annoying to break guard on greatshield turtles.

Glad they're nerfing the range on the washing pole. That running attack is truly obnoxious.

It looks like Estoc will be getting a stamina nerf. Maybe that'll make it a little less r1 spammy, but I doubt it'll do much.

And yeah, I really wish they would lessen the range for straight swords a bit.

HaB
Jan 5, 2001

What are the odds?
I'm bummed they are patching out the Dancer glitch. I've gotten so good at it, and it's the way I start every character now. :(

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

📡scanning🛰️ for good game 🎮design🦔🦔🦔

Bananasaurus Rex posted:

So Horsehoof Ring doesn't affect regular attacks anymore? Making it even more annoying to break guard on greatshield turtles.

Glad they're nerfing the range on the washing pole. That running attack is truly obnoxious.

It looks like Estoc will be getting a stamina nerf. Maybe that'll make it a little less r1 spammy, but I doubt it'll do much.

And yeah, I really wish they would lessen the range for straight swords a bit.
Who said anything about a nerf :getin:?

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

Bananasaurus Rex posted:

Makes sense - there are two separate rings for these two separate purposes. Knight Slayer's Ring could use a buff but it doesn't make sense for Horsehoof to effect anything other than kicks. Hell, I didn't even know it did until now. How effective was it?

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
I'm actually super bummed out about that "fix" to Skill FP consumption. I thought it was always intended for you to be able to use Skills with even 1 FP so non mages could enjoy using them more than two-three times, but I guess that was too lol broke.

k-spar
Sep 25, 2004

Well I guess simple offhand weapons are useless again.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Won't be sad to see 1FP weapon skills go, the fact that Dragonslayer Swordspear made you as good a Faith caster as using actual spells was silly.

That art hit for about 75% as much as a ranged Sunlight Spear for me (60 Faith with Lightning Clutch and ++Miracle ring) but I need to drink for every 3 Sunlight Spear casts while anyone can just Simple up their offhand and use the art infinity times.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I'm just baffled that it wasn't intentional. How could it take this long to change if it wasn't? Its absurd.

Deified Data posted:

Makes sense - there are two separate rings for these two separate purposes. Knight Slayer's Ring could use a buff but it doesn't make sense for Horsehoof to effect anything other than kicks. Hell, I didn't even know it did until now. How effective was it?

I believe it was 30% boost to kicks and a 10% boost to everything else. So it was literally the knight-slayer ring but with a bonus kick effect on top.

Internet Kraken fucked around with this message at 15:49 on Jun 6, 2016

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend
A whole page in this thread about hatemail and I missed it. :(

If you get dumb messages from dumb people send them to my dumb blog so we can all see how dumb they are: http://darksoulshaters.tumblr.com

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的

Internet Kraken posted:

The fact that they specifically mentioned fixing the collisions on the washing pole and nothing else is seriously disheartening.

They really do think straight swords are perfectly fine.

I wish everything else was brought up to the Straight Sword class' level. Less stamina cost would be a good start.

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009

Deified Data posted:

Yeah it does totally make sense. Just a little sad as sporting those two rings was my best bet for dealing with great shield. Still have bleed though.

It destroyed stamina on medium and small shields though so it's a good fix.

Over all this seems like a very good patch. Actually nerfing things that needed them. Like twin weapons. Well assuming that's a nerf.

Poise is just a lost cause at this point, so I'm not expecting to to pop up in any of these patches.

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.

Cyberventurer posted:

Time to go make 10 SL1s all past dancer.

heard u like girls
Mar 25, 2013

If you murder the abyss watchers (with pale shade lol) and pick up Hawkwood's shield outside of firelink when he leaves, you can summon him at Ooceiros and do the dancer trick there too. Hopefully i can manage to do this at Champ Gundyr too so i can get the prisoner chain on my lvl 20 assholio character.

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

Are they fixing the wall with no collision near Farron Keep? Because you can totally walk outside the map if you wanted to.

SgtArseCandle
Sep 28, 2009
Is there a fundamental difference (apart from about 10% lower damage) between the regular glaive and the BK flavor? Because I rarely see people using the vanilla, even though it seems to be very good in the early portions of the game.

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!
Poise seems to be working, at least a little....some invaders stagger more readily than others for me.

e: nice to see collision/hitboxes seems off to other people too tho :v:

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Humans Among Us posted:

Hopefully I can manage to do this at Champ Gundyr too so I can get the prisoner chain on my lvl 20 assholio character.

Yep, there's a swordmaster summon there, so you totally could if you so chose.

KaiserSchnitzel
Feb 23, 2003

Hey baby I think we Havel lot in common

SynthOrange posted:

Where's a good place to farm late-game amounts of souls? Fireballing the two knights and priests in the Lothric Castle hallway before running back to the bonfire seems pretty quick. The librarians would be easy pickings but the run up to them makes me doubt farming them will be as time efficient.

Nothing is faster than the 3 Golden Winged knights with the Sacred Flame glitch. Nothing.

VoLaTiLe
Oct 21, 2010

He's Behind you

HA that is loving awesome, I poo poo myself when I did that

KaiserSchnitzel
Feb 23, 2003

Hey baby I think we Havel lot in common

Cyberventurer posted:

Is this a cryptic Engrish translation saying that Sacred Flame will no longer OHKO glitch? That's too bad, because it was genuinely hilarious and anybody that got hit with that in PVP could just laugh about it and move on.

It will no longer be possible to equip a helm when using a Wax Pool after using the Dragon Head Stone.

Another gamebreaking bug patched :golfclap:

Fixed the HP drain damage of Symbol of Avarice when resting near bonfire.

Was this even a bug? If so, why?

Adjusted the attack cancel parameters of some curved swords attacks.
Adjusted the attack power and skills of fist and claw weapons.
Adjusted the skills of twin blade weapons.
Adjusted stamina consumption and attack cancel parameters for rapier weapons.
Adjusted the attack collision for the washing pole weapon.
Adjusted parameters of Farron Hail and Busting Fireball.
Adjusted casting speed, stamina consumption, cancel timing of some Spells.

Increased the number of arrows/bolts that can be possessed.

...I love how they use "adjusted" in a way that doesn't indicate any sort of buff or nerf and then just dropped in an "increased" like it's NBD

During online multiplayer: When the player is summoned during a boss battle, the boss will no longer become motionless even after the player is back to his/her world.

Now this one was pretty funny.

Fixed the display of strength level shown in the equipment menu when using two-handed weapon.

Thank Christ

Here we go with that "adjusted" word again

Do go on

Jesus reading their patch notes is like going to the Oracle of Delphi

KaiserSchnitzel fucked around with this message at 17:24 on Jun 6, 2016

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

by Radio Games Forum

Regarde Aduck posted:

Better be full of nothing but answers. Because DS 3 had none and didn't even ask new questions. Yeah yeah the cycle is lovely and hey, Gwyn's extended family are still around and relevant for some reason. Can't wait for another lovely lore video on vitally important plot Character Yorshka of the chair.

That's probably for the same reason Havel is still around; HEY REMEMBER DARK SOULS?!

DoYouHasaRabbit
Oct 8, 2007
Has anyone made a great bow build? I want to try shooting people off the bridge in the catacombs. I'm thinking of starting as a Knight, get Int to 15 for Hidden Body, get 20 Dex and 20 Str for the Dragonslayer bow and then just pump vigor and end until I hit SL 50? Or should I pump Dex and Str to get the scaling on the bow? It doesn't seem worth it since it's only D scaling.

Million Ghosts
Aug 11, 2011

spooooooky

EC posted:

A whole page in this thread about hatemail and I missed it. :(

If you get dumb messages from dumb people send them to my dumb blog so we can all see how dumb they are: http://darksoulshaters.tumblr.com

i submitted a ton of crap to this way back and i need to rev up the ol' twink machine and see if i can churn out more hate. i was just wondering if your blog was still around actually.

Internet Kraken posted:

Its low compared to the meta but its still plenty of levels for you to use a variety of weapons. Its only a problem if you want to use magic, in which case you would be spread hopelessly thin while not even having the stats for good spells. So if you want to use spells you will have to go a lot higher than that.

But I've used plenty of weapons at 45, none of them straight swords. I even have a dual katanna bleed build that works just fine at 45.:

yeah i tried to map out a pyro and he was looking pretty anemic, so now i've got something farron greatsword/qualityish planned and it looks alright. the catacombs have so many oppurtunities for dickery anyways that it doesn't matter if i lack raw power.

HaB
Jan 5, 2001

What are the odds?

DoYouHasaRabbit posted:

Has anyone made a great bow build? I want to try shooting people off the bridge in the catacombs. I'm thinking of starting as a Knight, get Int to 15 for Hidden Body, get 20 Dex and 20 Str for the Dragonslayer bow and then just pump vigor and end until I hit SL 50? Or should I pump Dex and Str to get the scaling on the bow? It doesn't seem worth it since it's only D scaling.

Honestly - I would skip hidden body and just use White Branches to hide. Hidden Body is practically useless when invading, because while you may be mostly transparent, you are still glowing Red/Purple unless you're wasting a ring slot on that ring of Yuria's which makes you look normal. Or - if you're gonna be sniping from far enough away, the Obscuring Ring will likely serve you better anyway.

I have a lot of fun as a Catacombs invader using White Branches. It's hilarious to let a host see me run off into the later part of the level, then suuuuuuper cautiously inch through wondering when I am gonna pop out. :v:

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

HaB posted:

Honestly - I would skip hidden body and just use White Branches to hide. Hidden Body is practically useless when invading, because while you may be mostly transparent, you are still glowing Red/Purple unless you're wasting a ring slot on that ring of Yuria's which makes you look normal. Or - if you're gonna be sniping from far enough away, the Obscuring Ring will likely serve you better anyway.

I have a lot of fun as a Catacombs invader using White Branches. It's hilarious to let a host see me run off into the later part of the level, then suuuuuuper cautiously inch through wondering when I am gonna pop out. :v:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wz5vnejEieA

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
If you want to snipe people off ledges your stats and damage literally don't matter. Same for breaking the bridge. Be able to draw and fire the greatbow and one hit will apply knockback. You traditionally get 1-2 shots in Archer PvP before they become twitchy and paranoid or weld their finger to L1 so don't miss. Arrow hitboxes are pretty precise so do not aim a millimeter off of the head and assume you will receive a FPS Gaming Skill Boost.

As a long time cowardly bowman now, I can tell you that the damage doesn't scale too well but it can be nice. I primarily use a +6 Longbow(for my SL60 range) and mid range headshots can break 240 with 40 Dex. That's about it. Knight start so I'd have 7 Luck as a dump and I use items instead of spells because the vast majority of utility spells have an item or ring counterpart.

The Hawk Ring(kill the friendly giant at the Undead Settlement tower or collect seven white tree branches from the three white trees at Settlement, Cathedral and Farron Swamp and then visit him again) is a massive damage boost, it seems to be a strong range boost like the DS1 ring. Range and falloff remove a lot of damage so it is just a straight DPS boost.

Obscuring Ring mandatory. Hidden Body will only fool people at great ranges, Camouflage is part of Anri's questline(both paths) and Xanthous Ashes from Irithyll Dungeon let you buy White Branches. Slumbering and Feline rings strongly recommended. I've been doing this awhile and was considering writing a guide to it.

Doomykins fucked around with this message at 20:57 on Jun 6, 2016

HaB
Jan 5, 2001

What are the odds?

I am glad you reminded me of this. Wanted to build this gimmick. :)

Million Ghosts
Aug 11, 2011

spooooooky
jesus if that happened to me as a new player i'd never trust a ghost again. that build is amazing.

DatonKallandor
Aug 21, 2009

"I can no longer sit back and allow nationalist shitposting, nationalist indoctrination, nationalist subversion, and the German nationalist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious game balance."

lite_sleepr posted:

That's probably for the same reason Havel is still around; HEY REMEMBER DARK SOULS?!

Havel is in a dream in DS3. He's also in the Abyss in DS2, which makes much less sense than his DS3 appearance.

Remember Archdragon Peak is a meditation state, not stuff that's literally happening. How you carry items out of it....magic I guess (same way you carried items out of the past in DS2 and DS3 and out of a nightmare in BB).

Domattee
Mar 5, 2012

Just cause there is a guy in Havels Armor with his weapon doesn't mean that is actually THE Havel The Rock. Just another guy who ran into a corpse with that armor and picked it up.

Fire Barrel
Mar 28, 2010
Dumb question, but how does the obscuring ring actually work? It seems like sometimes people can see me right away, regardless of what I'm doing at the moment.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Havel's knights all wore the same armour as he did so all the guys running around in full armour are either his knights or people that looted their corpses.

I mean in the DS2 DLC there's literally a Havel cosplayer in the gank squad fight and his name ain't Havel.

Fire Barrel posted:

Dumb question, but how does the obscuring ring actually work? It seems like sometimes people can see me right away, regardless of what I'm doing at the moment.

It doesn't work at all if they are within about 10 meters of you. Further than that they can't see you however if you have an aura from some kind of buff, they will still see that. So if you want to be sneaky don't run any visible buffs.

Internet Kraken fucked around with this message at 20:48 on Jun 6, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
If they can lock onto you and you to them they can see you. Visible buffs include Lloyd's Sword Ring which is a shame because it's p. easy for archers to stay topped off. Also if you've been hit by an arrow and it is visible on your model they can see it floating in the air and moving.