Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
doesnt surprise me that idiot with the worst opinions since careless cums (rereg?) is a news freeloader lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

IT IS HARAAM TO SEND SMILEY FACES THROUGH THE INTERNET
lol yeah lemme value buzzfeed vice and gawker like theyre fuckin thomson reuters or dow jones

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Smythe posted:

doesnt surprise me that idiot with the worst opinions since careless cums (rereg?) is a news freeloader lol

oo thats a good one.

mods careless cums pls

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BpsMkLaEiOY

gently caress i forgot how good this video was. could u imagine if this was an apple employee and this was an apple product? there would be like 20 million views, every fuckin tech blog would be posting it and mainstream media would be talking about it. would be way bigger than any of the apple "controversies" like bendgate or antennagate

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong
google gave me a free nytimes website subscription for using google maps a lot, it's p pro

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

lmao if you read nytimes daily

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
lmao if you dont cum carelessly

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

cremnob posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BpsMkLaEiOY

gently caress i forgot how good this video was. could u imagine if this was an apple employee and this was an apple product? there would be like 20 million views, every fuckin tech blog would be posting it and mainstream media would be talking about it. would be way bigger than any of the apple "controversies" like bendgate or antennagate

lol angry man gets owned by silicon valley nerds.flv

if you think thats bad wait until they turn off the cloud

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

poty posted:

lol angry man gets owned by silicon valley nerds.flv

if you think thats bad wait until they turn off the cloud

that already happened with another nest acquisition lol https://arlogilbert.com/the-time-that-tony-fadell-sold-me-a-container-of-hummus-cb0941c762c1#.pcdi9wwph

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Triglav posted:

lol yeah lemme value buzzfeed vice and gawker like theyre fuckin thomson reuters or dow jones

You hosed up dude. You've posted a bad opinion and you're going to have to suffer my flames.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
have you ever read your wifes diary? just a little question, no relation. askiong for a friend

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

lol if the answer isnt yes

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Snapchat A Titty posted:

lmao if you read nytimes daily

the nytimes is the best newspaper in the us

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

IT IS HARAAM TO SEND SMILEY FACES THROUGH THE INTERNET
tell yr friend to buy an account and stop free loading / account sharing

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

pls dont tell a friend to buy a yospos account

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

lmao

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

cremnob posted:

that already happened with another nest acquisition lol https://arlogilbert.com/the-time-that-tony-fadell-sold-me-a-container-of-hummus-cb0941c762c1#.pcdi9wwph

the fall of the house of google

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

quote:

Lapsed into RSS Bot instantly. User loses posting privileges for 6 hours.

what

Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot

posting things relevant to a thread is verboten

max4me
Jun 15, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
So let me see if I have parsed this correctly.

Nest was working on their version of echo or some kinda USB speaker.

Google had another team doing something that was kinda like that. Rather than work together or just let nest make their product they just stopped?

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

google seems to have a shitload of internal politics and drama tied to nearly everything and because of it they make a bunch of stupid decisions that probably make none or maybe one team happy and everyone else (especially the consumers that bought into that hilarious idea) gets hosed with a rake

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

Tusen Takk posted:

google seems to have a shitload of internal politics and drama tied to nearly everything and because of it they make a bunch of stupid decisions that probably make none or maybe one team happy and everyone else (especially the consumers that bought into that hilarious idea) gets hosed with a rake

google incentivizes employees to make new poo poo that sucks instead of making sucky poo poo better

not surprising that these same incentives lead to internal competition

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

max4me posted:

So let me see if I have parsed this correctly.

Nest was working on their version of echo or some kinda USB speaker.

Google had another team doing something that was kinda like that. Rather than work together or just let nest make their product they just stopped?

nest was working on this thing but they kept changing the spec and therefore could never finish it. meanwhile some team at google was working on a product with a much more limited scope and managed to actually deliver and ship it. when nest found out they wanted the project moved under them / combined with theirs because they thought they were the hardware division and this was making them look very bad, but were told to take a hike because they would only take the credit or find some way to mess it up.

in a well-managed company this would never happen because a) two groups wouldn't be duplicating effort like this, and b) someone would have locked down the spec for the nest thing so they could actually deliver it.

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

The Management posted:

in a well-managed company this would never happen because a) two groups wouldn't be duplicating effort like this, and b) someone would have locked down the spec for the nest thing so they could actually deliver it.

all the poo poo i read was that it was tony mixing up the specs and welp maybe alphabet upper managemtn will put somebody compete-hhahaahagahahahaha

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

New pleasure meter looks slick!

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

Cocoa Crispies posted:

all the poo poo i read was that it was tony mixing up the specs and welp maybe alphabet upper managemtn will put somebody compete-hhahaahagahahahaha

yes, it was Fadell that was loving it up by changing the requirements. at some point you have to commit to a spec.

the new nest CEO seems to be a guy who specializes in preparing tech companies for sale

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
android central review of the galaxy s7 active

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

YA BOY ETHAN COUCH posted:

skips well. 6/10

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

YA BOY ETHAN COUCH posted:

That actually kinda owns, i miss not having to be paranoid around water all the time

Oh, i fell in the stream, that will be uncomfortable while i dry out VS well poo poo that was a quick five hundo

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

the terms of cremmys probation is that he is not allowed to post news articles

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Space-Pope posted:

posting things relevant to a thread is verboten

stfu dude

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
"im going to white knight CREMNOB" -something pleasure kevin and space pope just said. christ,, shaking me drat head :ughh:

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Smythe posted:

"im going to white knight CREMNOB" -something pleasure kevin and space pope just said. christ,, shaking me drat head :ughh:

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
hey smythe you want an allo/duo beta invite? i'd make sure to include only you so there'd be no one to chat with natch

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

hey smythe you want an allo/duo beta invite? i'd make sure to include only you so there'd be no one to chat with natch

love it but im a Fi/Hangouts user and idk if it will work for us poor wretches.

Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot

Smythe posted:

what's wrong with cremnob?

"oh no he argues about dumb computer poo poo :qq:" -people who don't loving understand what yospos is for

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Space-Pope posted:

"oh no he argues about dumb computer poo poo :qq:" -people who don't loving understand what yospos is for

the reality distortion field has got him bad

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Space-Pope posted:

He doesn't argue about dumb computer poo poo, he reposts blogs and news articles without any synthesis or humor. He is Old Bad Yospos distilled and he sucks big time.

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

Smythe posted:

the terms of cremmys probation is that he is not allowed to post news articles

nope, the restriction was about ads, not articles.

quote:

Cremnob will still have to deal with a YOSPOS that now has 2 mods, including Smythe and he must no longer post ads for anything no matter what for these are the conditions of his parole if granted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

The Management posted:

nope, the restriction was about ads, not articles.

I added articles to the probation unilaterally. life isn;t fair in YOSPOS

• Locked thread