Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

Tuxedo Ted posted:

Not to mention, this page.

I'm losing my goddamn mind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

We have decided to decline your offer of a butt kicking.
God, I hope Lily already knows she's adopted. If she found out now, in her current mental and emotional state? It would be bad. Could be even worse if she didn't find out until after she suddenly got a new mom.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Wittgen posted:

God, I hope Lily already knows she's adopted. If she found out now, in her current mental and emotional state? It would be bad. Could be even worse if she didn't find out until after she suddenly got a new mom.

She probably does? Poppy looked like she was about to up and say it in that Ewe-Lala page with Lily right there after all.

Edit: If this pans out it could be a good environment for Lily IF she lets it. Kits area of expertise is pretty relevant to Lilys interests. It'd be nice to see Lily get back some of her love of learning :unsmith:

Of course that brings me to a related point: I'm unsure how much Kit really grasps what she's getting into by pursuing a single mom.

Captain Oblivious fucked around with this message at 18:42 on Jun 6, 2016

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
So I was clicking through the early chapters for reasons, and realised this page from a week ago is a callback to the last two panels of this one from chapter 2.

Dang Morbi, how much of this thing do you have planned out?

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

It's easy to forget in the midst of Kit's Extremely Mixed Bag Day but she can be conniving in her own way. :allears:

http://www.poppy-opossum.com/comic/poppy-2-page-17/

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.
loving bombs being dropped in this thread, goddamn. :swoon:

Davedog
Sep 11, 2009

Gutter Owl posted:

Band vs Band by Kathleen Jacques is candy-coated lesbian heroin.

EDIT: I mean, if you're looking for high stakes and dramatic crying, BVB ain't your ballpark. The conflict is basically "Two bands are local rivals, but the lead singers are extremely hate-hot for each other and won't admit it to themselves, and the internet doesn't exists so they can't even vent about their sexual repression through vague tweets."

There IS a lot of singing, however.

Seconding this, BVB is awesome and the best way to describe it is like Jem and the Holograms, but the sexual tension between Jem and Pizazz is totally not covert at all. For my birthday a few weeks back my eldest daughter rolled up to VanCAF and hooked me up with a signed copy of her book with a bunch of other goodies including an illustration of my secret crush, Turpentine.

http://imgur.com/NAWlLjn

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!

Gutter Owl posted:

Band vs Band by Kathleen Jacques is candy-coated lesbian heroin.

EDIT: I mean, if you're looking for high stakes and dramatic crying, BVB ain't your ballpark. The conflict is basically "Two bands are local rivals, but the lead singers are extremely hate-hot for each other and won't admit it to themselves, and the internet doesn't exists so they can't even vent about their sexual repression through vague tweets."

There IS a lot of singing, however.

Oh yeah, thanks for reminding me of this--the wonderful mind behind Widdershins (also highly recommended) posted it here a while ago and it charmed me instantly just on the basis of its lettering, which is something I never would've expected.

Anyone else read BvB while listening to bubblegum pop on 8tracks or something? Because it feels like a critical part of the experience.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

Well looks like the sentiment was mutual after all. Their initial reactions to Petunia posing the idea gives it away. Both had considered the notion, but thought it was impossible for different reasons ("she's the queen" "she's already married"). :3:

I look forward to the King Dolphense Balloon being the final fight of the second Tournament arc tho.

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

I have never wanted something to happen in a webcomic so much before

Countdown until tragedy strikes

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing

Carrasco posted:

Oh yeah, thanks for reminding me of this--the wonderful mind behind Widdershins (also highly recommended) posted it here a while ago and it charmed me instantly just on the basis of its lettering, which is something I never would've expected.

Anyone else read BvB while listening to bubblegum pop on 8tracks or something? Because it feels like a critical part of the experience.

You can go a lot of directions with the soundtrack because of the weird non-era it's set in. In my mind the Sourballs have a Riot Grrrl/garage-punk sound, but that's by no means the only interpretation.

Just about the only canonically wrong answer is Dad Rock.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

majormonotone posted:

I have never wanted something to happen in a webcomic so much before

Countdown until tragedy strikes

THe countdown has already hit zero. The tragedy is no new updates til the 27th :v:

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
I am hype for this Friedrich sidestory.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Afterdead is getting a print collection soon. Catch up if you've fallen behind.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Pick posted:

You know after non-nobis-domine's Nazys and ybrids, this is downright wholesome.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

You know after non-nobis-domine's Nazys and ybrids, this is downright wholesome.

Donna Barr is the only person I know who can make comics that run the gamut of no-nos and still have them feel fun and good. That's my opinion of her stuff.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug
bitchy bitch was good

the centaurs, not really

edit: wait no, they're not the by the same person

donna barr was the nazi

Hogge Wild fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Jun 7, 2016

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.
Yet Another Fantasy Gamer Comic just hit 10 years old the Sunday before last if anyone wants an obscenely long (almost 3,000 pages) comic that's generally fun

like the name implies, it starts out with a lot of "lol D&D!" jokes but that gets dropped quickly in favor of giving it ongoing story arcs. The guy who makes it is a storyboard artist that does the comic in his free time for fun, so he rarely does more than sketches. I know some people were asking about long comics to read in their spare time and at least this seems like a better thing to waste time on than those ancient-drama-comics-that-must-not-be-named.

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

Nuns with Guns posted:

Yet Another Fantasy Gamer Comic just hit 10 years old the Sunday before last if anyone wants an obscenely long (almost 3,000 pages) comic that's generally fun

like the name implies, it starts out with a lot of "lol D&D!" jokes but that gets dropped quickly in favor of giving it ongoing story arcs. The guy who makes it is a storyboard artist that does the comic in his free time for fun, so he rarely does more than sketches. I know some people were asking about long comics to read in their spare time and at least this seems like a better thing to waste time on than those ancient-drama-comics-that-must-not-be-named.

My RSS for it stopped updating for a long time and I only noticed a couple months ago. No idea what was going on, no idea how far back the last comic I read was. I'm not even sure if everyone I remember is still alive at this point.

Should also mention that it's NSFW because there's quite a lot of tits.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
I like YAFGC because I'm a big dork, but the latest storyline being a crossover rings up all sorts of alarm bells. I've never seen a webcomic crossover that wasn't a trainwreck, and it turns out this one starts with a literal trainwreck.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Carrasco posted:

Lady of the Shard seems like the next logical step.

This is a really good read, of due note. It's relentlessly cute and heartfelt.

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?
Today in Monster pulse, She has officially gone full mad scientist.

Parts Kit
Jun 9, 2006

durr
i have a hole in my head
durr

Twibbit posted:

Today in Monster pulse, She has officially gone full mad scientist.
Some good Mr. Freeze vibes here.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

I don't think anyone remarked on Sunday's page, which really cemented why Rjinder is the main antagonist for the story. He's so open, heartfelt, and honest about his corruption, it sends shivers down your spine. Few people have it in them to suggest and implement such a despicable plan, even less can take pride in inspiring someone to do so. :moreevil:

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!

Captain Bravo posted:

I don't think anyone remarked on Sunday's page, which really cemented why Rjinder is the main antagonist for the story. He's so open, heartfelt, and honest about his corruption, it sends shivers down your spine. Few people have it in them to suggest and implement such a despicable plan, even less can take pride in inspiring someone to do so. :moreevil:

Maybe it's just because this has been her chapter, but it seems like Lulenski is moving into that role in a big way.

It's amazing how much sympathy she evokes considering how much heinous stuff she did this chapter.

LemonRind
Apr 26, 2010

CEO OF FUNHAVER ENTERPRISES
Ask me about making YOUR thread suck less!

Captain Bravo posted:

I'm calling it now somehow it's always been his monster talking we've seen, and the wriggles of the monster are the real Rjinder trying to assert some control again.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

LemonRind posted:

I'm calling it now somehow it's always been his monster talking we've seen, and the wriggles of the monster are the real Rjinder trying to assert some control again.

The one doing the talking (or at least the one not doing the whispering) seems to disagree with the actions of the skin-flaps, though.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Captain Bravo posted:

At the same time, Magnolia said in the blurb for that page that he's also trying to comfort her because he sees she's having a mental breakdown, he just doesn't know how to do it properly because he has zero social skills so it comes across as brokenly creepy and evil.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

It doesn't "come across" as creepy and evil, it is creepy and evil. Like I said, he's trying to console her by telling her how proud he is, how good a job at being pure loving evil she is. "Subordinate! Do not despair, you came up with a fantastic evil plan all by yourself! This affront to humanity was all your doing, you have performed above and beyond all expectations!"

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

The Sword Interval by Ben Flueter is having a kickstarter for Volume 1. I've mentioned the comic before because I like his Derelict comic and the Sword Interval is also good but feels like it's got a bit more direction and it's pretty fun so far. It seems like it'll make it to his goal but there's still a month to go.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
JJ's latest sin: completely misunderstanding the point of p-zombies. Empathy doesn't emanate from the soul you cretin!

On the bright side this might give me the impetus to quit QC for the third time.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
http://www.monster-pulse.com/comic/page-24-cover

Every time I see one of these flashback title pages I hear the song from that one Eureka 7 ending credits sequence that's basically "here's some pictures of war orphans, child soldiers, and miscellaneous broken human beings".

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

Oh look, a big giant button marked "Easy emotional manipulation"... it would sure be a shame if I... hammered on it as hard as I could! :moreevil:

clockworkjoe
May 31, 2000

Rolled a 1 on the random encounter table, didn't you?
This is somewhat connected to webcomics, but years ago Minius had some extra comics based on an early newspaper comic where the main character was a total rear end in a top hat. He had a permanent sneer on his face too. In the Minus parody, Minus sicced an eagle on a prize fighter and sent a little girl far back in time. Is there a link to that parody anywhere on the web? Does anyone know what newspaper comic I'm talking about?

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
Everett True?

clockworkjoe
May 31, 2000

Rolled a 1 on the random encounter table, didn't you?

Rand Brittain posted:

Everett True?

That's it! Is the Minus parody saved anywhere?

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Pick posted:

What's this, it's cool

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

A Gnarlacious Bro posted:

What's this, it's cool

Donna Barr's followup to longrunning series Stinz and Desert Peach, and to a lesser extent Bosom Enemies and Hader & The Colonel.

For example, the two main guys in the post above are Stinz and the main character of Desert Peach, only the former is a living being in an alternate interpretation of his world, and the latter is a dead (but not zombie) cyborg in Hell.

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

Benign Kingdom has finally returned with their artbook series, with Meredith Gran (Octopus Pie), Dustin Harbin (nothing I recognize), Becky Dreistadt (Tiny Kitten Teeth, Capture Creatures), and Evan Dahm (Vattu, Order of Tales, Rice Boy). They're less than halfway to the goal with a little more than half the time remaining.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Pick posted:

Donna Barr's followup to longrunning series Stinz and Desert Peach, and to a lesser extent Bosom Enemies and Hader & The Colonel.

For example, the two main guys in the post above are Stinz and the main character of Desert Peach, only the former is a living being in an alternate interpretation of his world, and the latter is a dead (but not zombie) cyborg in Hell.

oh my god I read some Desert Peach and it's all coming back to me. . .

• Locked thread