Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
Reach reclined comfort through violence.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
Prim Moves Her Fathers Couch

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Aesma and the Three Clerks at La-Z-Boy

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
YISUN killed itself because when you are everything forever there is nothing relaxing to sit on.

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
66 Lower Angle Decimates Lumbar Pain

voting third party
Sep 5, 2006
~
I just remembered that the Ogam in this update's story was mentioned before here where he offered to do YISUN a service and didn't fully understand the answer.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

paragon1 posted:

YISUN killed itself because when you are everything forever there is nothing relaxing to sit on.

A Knights Belligerent meditation is imagining YISUN sitting on their own balls eternally.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

Mottom is short for Mother Om, Mottom Om is redundant. If you meant to go for "full name" you'd want Nadia Om.

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Mottom is short for Mother Mottom Om

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
Mottom Ellis Bush

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

paranoid randroid posted:

Mottom Ellis Bush

you can't just insult your way into True Royalty, allison

Superstring
Jul 22, 2007

I thought I was going insane for a second.

Reach Heaven through sick burns.

Ixjuvin
Aug 8, 2009

if smug was a motorcycle, it just jumped over a fucking canyon
Nap Ghost

Superstring posted:

Reach Heaven through sick burns.

The Ultimate Hustler is absolutely a demiurge

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
im finally getting around to reading that vignette under the last comic and lol holy poo poo Aesma owns so hard

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

paranoid randroid posted:

im finally getting around to reading that vignette under the last comic and lol holy poo poo Aesma owns so hard

She's pretty much literally lady Sun Wukong, only God's an enabler this time around.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Ixjuvin posted:

The Ultimate Hustler is absolutely a demiurge

has anyone ever seen king zoss and the ultimate hustler together

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Is the power of Want explained at all? Because I have some ideas about what it is, but they're probably wrong.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

Who What Now posted:

Is the power of Want explained at all? Because I have some ideas about what it is, but they're probably wrong.

Re read Aesma and the Three Masters, I guess?

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Some info from the Tumblr, since people were speculating about Juggernaut Star versus Mottom:

quote:

Q: Back when there were many, many Demiurges, what exactly was the distinction that made one a Demiurge instead of just some trumped-up guild leader who could yell "PERISH" at you? Would it be theoretically possible to see entirely new Demiurges now (although I'm sure the Seven would crush them) or was that restricted to the old days?

A: There wasn’t actually much distinction other than power and rank, really, which is part of what started to cause the breakdown of the golden age. Originally, the demiurges were all quasi-godlike beings, people who had achieved total mastery over their own worlds (like Zoss), the kind of people you’d read about in a 5000 year old epic poem. But Throne became a city instead of a paradise for philosopher kings to muse in once it opened its borders to the greater multiverse. Things became more mundane.

It could certainly be argued that opening Throne and uniting the multiverse was the right thing to do - remaining isolated would have ultimately accomplished nothing. But the manner in which it was accomplished was twisted with greed and desire for rule above all else.

quote:

Q: All all the demiurges (our great Red God excluded now and the Master key, of course) as powerful as each other? Is it all down to the keys in their foreheads, or does the individual its in determine the power they can wield?

A: Some are definitely more powerful than others (in personal abilities). Probably the rankings I’d have to go with are Jagganoth > Jadis (pre-entombing) > Solomon >Gog-Agog > Incubus > Mottom > Jadis (post-entombing) > Mammon.

Mammon only for reasons that will become apparent in the next book. He’s a monster - he’s called the Grand Dragon for a reason.

No angel is more powerful than a demiurge by the way save Metatron - I’ve seen people mention that and not sure where they are getting that from.

quote:

Q: Jadis must've been really, really powerful to behold the Shape, right?

A: Terrifyingly so.

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

quote:

Originally, the demiurges were all quasi-godlike beings, people who had achieved total mastery over their own worlds (like Zoss), the kind of people you’d read about in a 5000 year old epic poem.

hrrrrm

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges

Like Gilgamesh, perhaps

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAdG7QIeHrY

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Roland Jones posted:

Some info from the Tumblr, since people were speculating about Juggernaut Star versus Mottom:

Incubus is mid-tier? I'd honestly expect him to rank either really high or really low. He's definitely the wildest card of the Demiurges.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Darth Walrus posted:

Incubus is mid-tier? I'd honestly expect him to rank either really high or really low. He's definitely the wildest card of the Demiurges.

They have different areas of expertise as well; those are just by admission general rankings. Incubus probably has some tricks up his sleeve. There's also other factors to consider; Mammon's at the bottom despite being a powerful monster, for example, because of some circumstance or situation we're not yet aware of. Perhaps some weakness or condition or something the others could exploit.

Jadis's former glory is something that interests me, on a tangent. She presumably used to be the most powerful (before she was entombed and Jagganoth became what he is now, which I'm assuming came after whatever resulted in her being imprisoned in glass), and even if her peak didn't eclipse current Jagganoth it could have potentially been quite high, given the apparent gap between Jagganoth and Solomon (next person down who isn't old Jadis). There's quite a lot of room in there, given that Jagganoth now equals the other six in their current states combined.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

I like that even post-entombing Jadis is stronger than Mammon and any angel besides Metatron.

Even a stuttered syllable of royalty from behind black glass still has power, I suppose.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Begemot posted:

I like that even post-entombing Jadis is stronger than Mammon and any angel besides Metatron.

Even a stuttered syllable of royalty from behind black glass still has power, I suppose.

A platoon on angels descends upon Jadis. The nearest rakes at her protective ice cube with it's claws, producing the terrifying screech of a piece of chalk scratching a black board.

The angels clutch their ear analogs and collapse, defeated.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

I'm kinda expecting an 'o poo poo' moment where the glass shatters and she steps out now.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

MikeJF posted:

I'm kinda expecting an 'o poo poo' moment where the glass shatters and she steps out now.

This happens every time McDonald's brings the McRib back, only for Jadis to recocoon herself when it goes away again.

There's a secret conspiracy of Jadis's priests who are trying to prevent the cyclic re-emergence of the McRib, because they are tired of having to sweep up all the broken glass each time Jadis dramatically reawakens.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

MikeJF posted:

The first Stone Cold Stunner breaks ten worlds. Then she keeps going.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yeah, I guess the issue with Jadis is, was she entombed because she has weakened (annihilated by her attempt to view the shape of the multiverse, perhaps), or is she kept in there to contain her? While what I've seen so far has me leaning towards the former, the latter is an exciting possibility.

It could even be both; she could be sustained and kept alive by being entombed like that, but also frighteningly powerful in ways that are suppressed by her containment. We'll see, I suppose.

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

the way things are set up, i kind of expect that as soon as one of these guys falls, doesn't matter to who, the whole place is screwed

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

We don't know for sure, but I'm assuming that the interring in glass was doing immediately as a result of, or concurrently with, utilizing her previously-terrifying power to successfully Look At The Shape Of Creation. Remember that when our favorite Almighty Furious Dumbass YS Pree Aesma, An Actual Goddess, got a YISUN-provided glimpse, it blew her eyes out and generally hosed her up to the point that she (mostly) mellowed out in the future.

The fact that a Demiurge managed this feat and lived to (kinda) talk about it says a lot.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Roland Jones posted:

It could even be both; she could be sustained and kept alive by being entombed like that, but also frighteningly powerful in ways that are suppressed by her containment. We'll see, I suppose.

This is what my guess would be. It keeps her comfortably immortal despite being blown away by The Shape, but she can't go full power wrath of god on your arse whilst she's in there.

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

Roland Jones posted:

Mammon's at the bottom despite being a powerful monster, for example, because of some circumstance or situation we're not yet aware of. Perhaps some weakness or condition or something the others could exploit.

Subprime mortgage-backed securities

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

AriadneThread posted:

the way things are set up, i kind of expect that as soon as one of these guys falls, doesn't matter to who, the whole place is screwed

I think Jagganoth slightly less so, because the others are at least in each other's leagues, and have a balance of power with each other.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

It is a fantasy story, as soon as one falls and chaos descends upon the multiverse, heroes will pop up left, right and center to make a name for themselves.

For more than a few the name will be a sort of tree, though.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

nimby posted:

It is a fantasy story, as soon as one falls and chaos descends upon the multiverse, heroes will pop up left, right and center to make a name for themselves.

For more than a few the name will be a sort of tree, though.

or a pleasingly colored fish

Thesaurasaurus
Feb 15, 2010

"Send in Boxbot!"

New update. Allison's question would render a simple 'yes' anticlimactic, so I'm thinking Hastet Om got the same kind of 'mercy' as Pryan Sor.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

All those angels and demons and no afterlife? Wacky.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

All those angels and demons and no afterlife? Wacky.
Certainly there is no afterlife worth speaking of for one who has already ruled over the corpse of Heaven.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?
Mottom seems to be aging back up faster than Allison, I think. She's much taller now, and her face and head and hair seem more mature. compare them in the newest page to when they first tranformed