Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Also he has a cool Evil Knievel outfit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
Soldiers shtick is to do 9000+ dmg every round and silver healing.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
The range on soldier is loving ridiculous. On certain maps you can sit back and play squishy babysitter, just keeping an eye on the alternate routes to get behind your team while still getting in on plenty of eliminations if the sightlines are long.

I spent a game of Hanamura defense doing that just jogging around the objective area, checking for baddies, while my whole team skirmished with the other team on the main road in and I shot into the mess or or the rare dude who got through. The attacking team never really tried to flank and I still got in on a ton of eliminations and got POTG, they never got close to the objective.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
my new challenge: try to make it through the rest of the day without jacking off to this at work

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21g0KGF0ACo

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
Yeah 76 is probably a top 4 pick for me, along with Junk, Road, Lucio. He's basically "I want to do fun+cool poo poo and win" hero that fits every comp for me.

The worst part is after I play him a few rounds in a row and switch to another hero like 'hog is that I keep wasting shift trying to sprint on reflex :argh:

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

S76 owns Pharah badly and as someone with lots of time played as Pharah he's the only character I really dread seeing on the other team along with a good Widow.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

S76 is a fantastic all-around pick. He's solidly good at everything and has an ultimate that directly counters some of the most annoying characters in the game.

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

exquisite tea posted:

S76 owns Pharah badly and as someone with lots of time played as Pharah he's the only character I really dread seeing on the other team along with a good Widow.

Whenever there's a Pharah in a game I make it my mission to make her life hell with 76.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2cQVvRHVbG4

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Yeah 76 is good but you also have to own the stigma of playing the intentionally least interesting, most cookie-cutter, one-dimensional character in the game

Teabagging someone as 76 while spamming your quote will never be as cool as teabagging someone as Torbjorn or some other idiotic character and spamming your quote no matter what your KDA or skin you're using, and so it's just no worth it

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

Does it seem to anyone else the game is a bit on the small side for the price tag? I mean there's still microtransactions and it wasnt cheap to buy but there's only a handful of maps and game types. Have they said anything with regards to expanding the roster at all or what? Even if some of the maps were adapted to different game modes like a moving king of the hill for point accumulation it might alleviate a bit of the repetitive nature of the limited pool.

Turtle Sandbox
Dec 31, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
TBF S76 is a bad pick if yours can't hit his rightclick outside of melee range, or can't click on heads, or doesn't use 4 round bursts to maintain accuracy, but having sprint forever is cool and good and you can clear the payload or point by clicking Q since most people have realized you better LOS him if you can't out shoot him.

exquisite tea posted:

There will be more maps and heroes, and they will all be free.

Yea, free but on what timetable, new heroes are always nice and will get people to dump 50 bux on boxes for skins, but they probably won't see that kind of return for maps so I worry about the speed and amount of maps or changes to existing maps, will take.

I was one of the weird people who didn't track this game so I don't know if there is a years old reddit post that lays it out I missed.

Turtle Sandbox fucked around with this message at 18:56 on Jun 6, 2016

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

There will be more maps and heroes, and they will all be free.

Razzled
Feb 3, 2011

MY HARLEY IS COOL
Are you supposed to reset the reticle on S76 by bursting or just get better at controlling his full spray? Range dictated?

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Teikanmi posted:

Yeah 76 is good but you also have to own the stigma of playing the intentionally least interesting, most cookie-cutter, one-dimensional character in the game

But I'm not playing Hanzo, Reaper or Widowmaker

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

The bloom literally resets instantaneously the second you stop firing explicitly to encourage you to burst if you're not right up in someone's face.

Turtle Sandbox
Dec 31, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Razzled posted:

Are you supposed to reset the reticle on S76 by bursting or just get better at controlling his full spray? Range dictated?

The first 4 bullets have no spread, and I havent checked but I don't think his spray is in a consistent pattern like CS, I just stick to 4 round bursts so I can go for headshots.

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005

flashman posted:

Does it seem to anyone else the game is a bit on the small side for the price tag? I mean there's still microtransactions and it wasnt cheap to buy but there's only a handful of maps and game types. Have they said anything with regards to expanding the roster at all or what? Even if some of the maps were adapted to different game modes like a moving king of the hill for point accumulation it might alleviate a bit of the repetitive nature of the limited pool.

It's no Orange Box, that's for sure. Otherwise it is a bit shallow in return for having high-quality assets and gameplay.

In contrast, you could have bought The Division where 90% of the team is mappers and gameplay is non-existent.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Turtle Sandbox posted:

TBF S76 is a bad pick if yours can't hit his rightclick outside of melee range, or can't click on heads, or doesn't use 4 round bursts to maintain accuracy, but having sprint forever is cool and good and you can clear the payload or point by clicking Q since most people have realized you better LOS him if you can't out shoot him.

I mean, "if you're bad at the character he's a bad pick" should be kinda obvious. Even then, a bad S76 still contributes more in most maps than a bad anything not called Lúcio or (maybe) Reinhardt. :P

Bolivar
Aug 20, 2011

This guy seems to nurture his K:D ratio quite a lot :D 0.72 seconds average objective time :shepicide:
http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/eu/BIZaGoten-2818

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

love to repeatedly get gold medals for 10 seconds of objective time

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Bolivar posted:

This guy seems to nurture his K:D ratio quite a lot :D 0.72 seconds average objective time :shepicide:

but what this game really needs is a scoreboard so he can show how much more he's contributing to the team

Tiggs
Aug 11, 2002

we're only soldiers now

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Got called a "loving human being" by someone playing as Reaper over the mic for picking Torbs on Anubis Attack.

We proceeded to push to objective B in about 5 minutes, me with 14 turret kills and not a single death.

Toblerone players: It gets better.

Mr.Citrus
Jul 27, 2005

super macho dude posted:

Got called a "loving human being" by someone playing as Reaper over the mic for picking Torbs on Anubis Attack.

We proceeded to push to objective B in about 5 minutes, me with 14 turret kills and not a single death.

Toblerone players: It gets better.

I'd take a torb every time over an other Hanzo.

I see Hanzo as a waste of a player spot at this point. Not only is every single thing he does done better by someone else, but he attracts the very worst type off players.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Cowcaster posted:

but what this game really needs is a scoreboard so he can show how much more he's contributing to the team

The greatest troll Blizzard could do is add a scoreboard and have it only show objective time.

brennon
Sep 15, 2004

Elman posted:

Does she sound Canadian or are we talking straight up broken French here?

Nobody would sound Canadian because Blizzard hates Canada. Canada does not exist in the overwatch universe. It is not in newspapers, not in the list of flights in Numbani. There are no Canadian characters. No Maps. Nothing. Canada does not exist. Not mad.

Probad
Feb 24, 2013

I want to believe!

OxySnake posted:

The greatest troll Blizzard could do is add a scoreboard and have it only show objective time.

I think someone had the idea earlier to implement a scoreboard that makes up numbers on the fly so that you're always last or second-to-last on your team. That is a good idea.

KoB
May 1, 2009
Worst part about 76 is I want to play other dudes too but Im really good as 76 so when we're losing all I can think is "If I go 76 we'll probably win" but it gets boring over time.

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

Healer idea: A tanky character who heals by transferring damage from their team to themselves, then regenning the health somehow (maybe by doing damage). Less mobility than mercy but more survivable and can do damage while healing, would probably have a weaker ult, maybe reviving a single target or just making self immune to damage for a few seconds while still able to act as normal. Sort of a zarya that does less damage but heals the team instead of having the super teamfight ult. Might actually be too strong with zarya, I guess..

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
Just have it show who has what medals. No need to attach #s if it triggers you.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Here's my idea for an epic troll; A scoreboard which shows indepth stats on a wide variety of things including damage, deaths, kills, healing, control, objective time, and more. You'll be able to mouse over individual numbers for complete breakdowns by ability. That'll show those tryhards! :D

Mr Luxury Yacht
Apr 16, 2012

Had a team member rage quit after we lost Hanamura A reasonably fast.

...despite Hanamura B being the most easily defensible bullshit point in the game, Seven minutes of defense and they didn't even come close. So many turret eliminations...

I've run into a lot of people rage quitting lately after losing the first point on a two point cap map. Fortunately the matchmaker tends to throw someone else in fairly quickly, but seriously, god forbid a team encounter a minor setback...

Turtle Sandbox
Dec 31, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
I wonder if someone will ever make a scoreboard plugin for the game or something like that for people who really care, or is that just not possible as a thing?

The scoreboard won't trigger me, but seeing defeat reminds me that there are losers and winners and then I cannot play for a day.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Mr Luxury Yacht posted:

Had a team member rage quit after we lost Hanamura A reasonably fast.

...despite Hanamura B being the most easily defensible bullshit point in the game, Seven minutes of defense and they didn't even come close. So many turret eliminations...

I've run into a lot of people rage quitting lately after losing the first point on a two point cap map. Fortunately the matchmaker tends to throw someone else in fairly quickly, but seriously, god forbid a team encounter a minor setback...
Eh it happens. Hanamura B is really bullshit but it's so fun to play on defense so his loss :v:

Turtle Sandbox
Dec 31, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Xaris posted:

Eh it happens. Hanamura B is really bullshit but it's so fun to play on defense so his loss :v:

Attacking the B point is the most painful thing in the game though, like I hate seeing hana and anub because you know it wont be fun unless your the D team.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Managed to get another Play of the Game as Mei. Not for the ultimate either, just rapid fire killing of half the enemy team.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSYs-2vzC5I

Doggles
Apr 22, 2007

Bolivar posted:

On top of that, their win rate is a solid 50%. Having that player on your team affects your chances of winning no differently than choosing another teammate completely at random.

"Hey look, it's BIZaGoten with the 15:1 K/D ratio! Do you think we'll win?!"
"Maybe."

LCL-Dead
Apr 22, 2014

Grimey Drawer
Most fun I've ever had with 76 was dropping into a PUG QM and seeing all 5 of my team mates were already 76. That was a fun match. I think the best part was that between all 6 of us there were no duplicate skins.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Tales of Woe posted:

love to repeatedly get gold medals for 10 seconds of objective time

Got it for 3 the other day. Gold in Objective Kills for 1.

We did not win that game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Turtle Sandbox posted:

Attacking the B point is the most painful thing in the game though, like I hate seeing hana and anub because you know it wont be fun unless your the D team.

:agreed: I'll actually sometimes just leave if I see myself on Attack on Hana (before the game really starts) unless it looks like I won the match-making roulette. Anub isn't that bad because you can still have some fun on that but yeah it's pretty lovely too.