Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Libluini posted:

It may be an unpopular opinion, but solo PVP is one character, one player. No alts, no links. Everything more is what I would call "really small gang PVP".

frozenpussy posted:

It's as if your redtext is accurate and you do things like state your opinions as fact

Its almost as if solo-pvp is much like doxxing. No one really knows what it is and everyone have their own opinion about it.

Jazzzzz posted:

My dog died a couple of days ago and this stupid gif is the first thing that's made me laugh since. Enjoy a sensible chuckle, EVE thread.

:eonwe: Hi friend,

I'm truly sorry to hear about your loss. I have a good idea of how you must feel at the moment, having had to put down my dog last october. Hardest thing I ever did, and I'm still suffering from the loss. I hope you feel better soon! :eonwe:

Dr. Pangloss posted:

8 days ago for me. I have a 2.5 month old girl that makes me smile, but it's still rough. Sorry for your loss.
:glomp:

Sorry for your loss too! :sympathy:

Dalael fucked around with this message at 08:24 on Jun 6, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stale meme dot png
May 5, 2015
College Slice
careful with the d-word, dude. If I were a mung I could have hit that report button and tattled and you would have eaten a probation.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Daco Vato posted:

careful with the d-word, dude. If I were a mung I could have hit that report button and tattled and you would have eaten a probation.

Here, I just reported myself because why not?

Also, what is a mung? I don't know that term.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Syndic Thrass posted:

PSA
Bob Ross is streaming on netflix. Goon active levels skyrocketed last time this happened, watch out cfc dot

Where is this and where can I find it, I'm without a PC due to prepping to move back to the US and I'm stuck in Japan waiting for the sweet release of death waiting until my flight on Friday and I need something to binge watch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAIKFontLtU

orange juche fucked around with this message at 11:10 on Jun 6, 2016

Jbz
Jun 6, 2011

KaoliniteMilkshake posted:

can you get purged from skirmish commanders?

i mean, beyond 'being clay'

Some time maybe a year or two ago I was purged for inactivity and still had the skirmish commander group so if someone gets dunked from there. Yikes.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Daco Vato posted:

Someone's bitter about not being able to refrain from using derogatory language.

Ambaire
Sep 4, 2009

by Shine
Oven Wrangler
Who do I poke for gf.com eve wiki access? I joined 2.5 years ago for Word of Lowtax and just realized my account is still active. Not actually interested in joining Goonswarm/waffe/etc, not that they'd let me in, what with having been a member of Dissident Aggressors (MoA) with various accounts for 1-2 years, 4-5 years ago.

I recently resubbed to Eve and joined back up with them but I realized I'm really not that interested in pvp beyond camping a station and shooting unlucky neutrals, mostly random cyno frigs that turn out to be blue neutral alts, and the odd red. Stuff like.. https://zkillboard.com/kill/54101421/ and https://zkillboard.com/kill/54122995/ The carrier changes are fun... sit on a citadel under invuln beam 1200km from a station, leave fighters on the station undock and if it doesn't smell like a trap. pow.

Let me tell ya, this is a fun camper.
[Hurricane, Snipe]

Gyrostabilizer II
Gyrostabilizer II
Gyrostabilizer II
Tracking Enhancer II
Tracking Enhancer II
Tracking Enhancer II

Tracking Computer II, Optimal Range Script
Sensor Booster II, Scan Resolution Script

720mm Howitzer Artillery II, Republic Fleet EMP M
[Empty High slot]

Medium Targeting System Subcontroller I
[Empty Rig slot]

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Ambaire posted:

Who do I poke for gf.com eve wiki access? I joined 2.5 years ago for Word of Lowtax and just realized my account is still active. Not actually interested in joining Goonswarm/waffe/etc, not that they'd let me in, what with having been a member of Dissident Aggressors (MoA) with various accounts for 1-2 years, 4-5 years ago.

I recently resubbed to Eve and joined back up with them but I realized I'm really not that interested in pvp beyond camping a station and shooting unlucky neutrals, mostly random cyno frigs that turn out to be blue neutral alts, and the odd red. Stuff like.. https://zkillboard.com/kill/54101421/ and https://zkillboard.com/kill/54122995/ The carrier changes are fun... sit on a citadel under invuln beam 1200km from a station, leave fighters on the station undock and if it doesn't smell like a trap. pow.

Let me tell ya, this is a fun camper.
[Hurricane, Snipe]

Gyrostabilizer II
Gyrostabilizer II
Gyrostabilizer II
Tracking Enhancer II
Tracking Enhancer II
Tracking Enhancer II

Tracking Computer II, Optimal Range Script

[Empty High slot]

[Empty Rig slot]

Nobody is going to give you Wiki access without being a member of Goonfleet/allied corp.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

vyst posted:

Nobody is going to give you Wiki access without being a member of Goonfleet/allied corp.

What about as part of the pension plan as a reward for years of loyal service?

Goonwiki might be no good for things like ship fittings but the history stuff is great.

Fix Lag
Sep 8, 2011

There's a sale at Penny's!

Zephyrine posted:

What about as part of the pension plan as a reward for years of loyal service?

Pension Plans for Traitors: Your Guide To Retirement (In)Security

Zakrello
Feb 17, 2015

missile imbound

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

frozenpussy posted:

I'm actually willing to believe PL has undergone enough of a culture shift that losses don't matter as long as fun was had.

https://zkillboard.com/related/30004211/201606051900/

I was on this fleet and it was a ton of fun. We got the aeon into 90% structure or so but had to bail because of the cerb fleet and they brought in 4 more fax.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

Massasoit posted:

I was on this fleet and it was a ton of fun. We got the aeon into 90% structure or so but had to bail because of the cerb fleet and they brought in 4 more fax.

holy poo poo I was right

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
mind asking the one-slot-tank Panther pilot what he was thinking when he decided to plink an aeon amidst a support gang

Ambaire
Sep 4, 2009

by Shine
Oven Wrangler

Fix Lag posted:

Pension Plans for Traitors: Your Guide To Retirement (In)Security

Serious question, I wonder how many alliance members of MoA are also members of somethingawful. I know bluegoon is, he posted a recruitment thread for PIROCOR, but that corp has only been a member of MoA for about two weeks now and was founded 4 years before that. Truth be told, I've completely forgotten how I joined up with DTAS in the first place.

The ironic part is that I have goons to thank for my paranoia of being suicide ganked and actions taken since. I can say I have never been ganked again since I always try to fly safe and always transport expensive stuff in cloakies.

When I was in the height of my mission craze, I was flying a pimped out navy issue raven with fittings of at least 3 billion isk or more, and wasn't hesitant to link my fit in the npc corp at all. I still remember that day; someone asked me what my fit was, I linked it, and then I jumped thru a gate and saw a line of flashy reds on the other side and I knew beyond a shadow of a doubt that pimp justice was about to be served. I didn't even try to run, just alt+f4'ed and logged back in a few minutes later to find myself in a pod one very expensive loss later. You might say I learned a valuable lesson... well, maybe not that well, since I went back to missioning, but this time in a full T2 fit golem since by then I had the skills to use T2 modules.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Ambaire posted:

Serious question, I wonder how many alliance members of MoA are also members of somethingawful. I know bluegoon is, he posted a recruitment thread for PIROCOR, but that corp has only been a member of MoA for about two weeks now and was founded 4 years before that. Truth be told, I've completely forgotten how I joined up with DTAS in the first place.

The ironic part is that I have goons to thank for my paranoia of being suicide ganked and actions taken since. I can say I have never been ganked again since I always try to fly safe and always transport expensive stuff in cloakies.

When I was in the height of my mission craze, I was flying a pimped out navy issue raven with fittings of at least 3 billion isk or more, and wasn't hesitant to link my fit in the npc corp at all. I still remember that day; someone asked me what my fit was, I linked it, and then I jumped thru a gate and saw a line of flashy reds on the other side and I knew beyond a shadow of a doubt that pimp justice was about to be served. I didn't even try to run, just alt+f4'ed and logged back in a few minutes later to find myself in a pod one very expensive loss later. You might say I learned a valuable lesson... well, maybe not that well, since I went back to missioning, but this time in a full T2 fit golem since by then I had the skills to use T2 modules.

bluegoon is only a member of moa because he was kicked and nobody else would take him

not even horde, which will let you right back in after an awoxing spree

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

frozenpussy posted:

mind asking the one-slot-tank Panther pilot what he was thinking when he decided to plink an aeon amidst a support gang

I have no idea who the blops guy was or why he did that. Was just a tag along I guess.

On that op we also fragged a carrier in OSW-

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011

Daco Vato posted:

Shut the gently caress up paco

Dr. Pangloss
Apr 5, 2014
Ask me about metaphysico-theologo-cosmolo-nigology. I'm here to help!

Ambaire posted:

one very expensive loss later. You might say I learned a valuable lesson... well, maybe not that well, since I went back to missioning, but this time in a full T2 fit golem since by then I had the skills to use T2 modules.

Can't use T2 modules, but slaps a ton of blue and green on a faction BS hull... smdh.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

Dr. Pangloss posted:

Can't use T2 modules, but slaps a ton of blue and green on a faction BS hull... smdh.

i had 5 incursion multiboxing nightmares, each fit with about 3 bil of stuff and I was making a bit over a billion ISK an hour.

e: and to reply to your post, i couldn't use any t2 modules and this was before injecting, so i just factioned/deadspaced everything

1001 Arabian dicks fucked around with this message at 17:30 on Jun 6, 2016

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

I've been playing a bunch of Overwatch, can the five of you give me a war update? Are we dead now?

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

Drythe posted:

I've been playing a bunch of Overwatch, can the five of you give me a war update? Are we dead now?

you don't say

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
whoa what

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
you mean to tell me I can fit the whole elsa in my av

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

This new technology has blown Elsa's mind

Dr. Pangloss
Apr 5, 2014
Ask me about metaphysico-theologo-cosmolo-nigology. I'm here to help!

i had 5 incursion multiboxing nightmares, each fit with about 3 bil of stuff and I was making a bit over a billion ISK an hour.

e: and to reply to your post, i couldn't use any t2 modules and this was before injecting, so i just factioned/deadspaced everything

Not surprised.

Ambaire
Sep 4, 2009

by Shine
Oven Wrangler

Dr. Pangloss posted:

High meta weapon modules have pretty much always been a crutch for low sp characters since they can't use delicious T2 ammo. Tank and dps modifer modules on the other hand... but even then, some of them seem to have been nerfed. I thought faction ballistic controls used to give a higher damage modifier than they do today.

Said T2 golem used javelin torps along with triple PWNAGE target painters to oneshot most mission battle/cruisers. I'm still sad that they removed PWNAGE.

Also, this should probably go in the other thread, or does it not really matter?

Ambaire fucked around with this message at 17:58 on Jun 6, 2016

stale meme dot png
May 5, 2015
College Slice

Syndic Thrass posted:

Dank meme breh. I'm frankly getting a bit tired of your schtick Syndic. You bring less than nothing to the table. You don't have anything intelligent to say or add to this or any conversation I've seen you interact in so it's hurf-a-blurf shut the gently caress up paco. "Hey look I told paco to shut up! I'm cool, right guys? Right? Guys?" Look at how transparent and unoriginal you are.

There's a lot of talk about moving goalposts in this thread, but the worst moving goalposts are the posting ones. If you make a post as insipid as this and you're part of the cool kids club then it's all well and good. Yeah you've been a goon for a long time -- so what? Lots of inept people stay in one place for a long time -- it's not an accomplishment. If someone like Mara comes at me (which he does) and tells me to shut the gently caress up I can at least say yeah okay dude doesn't like my posting but at least he's a decent poster and a contributor to the alliance and I like him for it and tell him I like him. All you are is a boring carnival barker. Space Trump without the space bucks. Maybe it's time you shut the gently caress up for a change.

vyst posted:

Someone's bitter about not being able to refrain from using derogatory language.

I don't really see how cracking a joke is being bitter, but keep smugging it up. We get it, you pushed the button and reported me and you're very proud of yourself over it. Congratulations. You come off like a whiny baby but hey whatever floats your boat vyst. Please keep posting on our internal forums though because it's fun to dunk on you there and watch morons like Lord Benz (who follows me around like a jilted ex to negrep almost all of my posts by the way) to come whiteknight for your stupid rear end. Hate to say I told you so indeed.

So that's what's up with me. At a point where I'm sick of this game and the people in it. I don't have any friends left in goons so really there's not much reason for me to stick around. The en vogue thing to do at this point is some fancy goonfuckery or rage against the system of a bizkit like Angelique did but I don't have it in me because I don't feel that way. I love goons as a collective and as an idea but individual goons... not so much. The worst torture I can apparently inflict on you guys is sticking around and posting so I'll keep doing that because that seems to make some people madder than anything else and if I leave they get to smug about it and I just can't have that.

And yes, before any of you nerds go and lick the cheeto dust off your fingers (except vyst he probably does the Rick Ross pear diet now) and say it, let me save you the trouble. :condi: and kisses, guys.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Slap fighting, slap fighting never changes.

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
I hope this person is trolling, nobody can be so unfunny and dumb
So we're moving down south to shoot at russian renters/provi; o/ Saranen

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

Drythe posted:

Come dunk more freighters and don't forget to read the SIG Update!

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

But that takes away from shooting things in Overwatch!

I have jabber open for if people ping for bumpers but I feel ustz is dead or my pidgin is broke.

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011

Daco Vato posted:

Dank meme breh. I'm frankly getting a bit tired of your schtick Syndic. You bring less than nothing to the table. You don't have anything intelligent to say or add to this or any conversation I've seen you interact in so it's hurf-a-blurf shut the gently caress up paco. "Hey look I told paco to shut up! I'm cool, right guys? Right? Guys?" Look at how transparent and unoriginal you are.

There's a lot of talk about moving goalposts in this thread, but the worst moving goalposts are the posting ones. If you make a post as insipid as this and you're part of the cool kids club then it's all well and good. Yeah you've been a goon for a long time -- so what? Lots of inept people stay in one place for a long time -- it's not an accomplishment. If someone like Mara comes at me (which he does) and tells me to shut the gently caress up I can at least say yeah okay dude doesn't like my posting but at least he's a decent poster and a contributor to the alliance and I like him for it and tell him I like him. All you are is a boring carnival barker. Space Trump without the space bucks. Maybe it's time you shut the gently caress up for a change.

I don't really see how cracking a joke is being bitter, but keep smugging it up. We get it, you pushed the button and reported me and you're very proud of yourself over it. Congratulations. You come off like a whiny baby but hey whatever floats your boat vyst. Please keep posting on our internal forums though because it's fun to dunk on you there and watch morons like Lord Benz (who follows me around like a jilted ex to negrep almost all of my posts by the way) to come whiteknight for your stupid rear end. Hate to say I told you so indeed.

So that's what's up with me. At a point where I'm sick of this game and the people in it. I don't have any friends left in goons so really there's not much reason for me to stick around. The en vogue thing to do at this point is some fancy goonfuckery or rage against the system of a bizkit like Angelique did but I don't have it in me because I don't feel that way. I love goons as a collective and as an idea but individual goons... not so much. The worst torture I can apparently inflict on you guys is sticking around and posting so I'll keep doing that because that seems to make some people madder than anything else and if I leave they get to smug about it and I just can't have that.

And yes, before any of you nerds go and lick the cheeto dust off your fingers (except vyst he probably does the Rick Ross pear diet now) and say it, let me save you the trouble. :condi: and kisses, guys.

Zaradis
Nov 6, 2014

Syndic Thrass posted:

How is Paco the only person in this thread that didn't see this coming?

stale meme dot png
May 5, 2015
College Slice

Hey by the way man I was on probation when you did it so I couldn't respond but thanks for eulogizing Talon. I'm working on trying to get him back at some point. That was very cool of you, just like that other thing you did too. He's a bit stubborn but I'll continue to chip away at the stone there. Means a lot - you know who he is to me. You're top shelf.

stale meme dot png
May 5, 2015
College Slice

Zaradis posted:

How is Paco the only person in this thread that didn't see this coming?

Of course I saw it coming, but it just validates my point. Syndic has nothing to offer so he's just going to spew the same boring thing over and over again.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Landsknecht posted:

So we're moving down south to shoot at russian renters/provi; o/ Saranen

YouTuber posted:

PL is doing mutual standing resets this week so the blue donut thing is moot. The only "war" that is brewing is the Stain-DRF poo poo and that hasn't hit a point that would allow it to continue if PL started third partying. There is no real options for PL to strike out at, we're here until October friend. Lets become best lowsec station buddies!

:confused:

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011
Sorry paco, but much like the cfc dot, I don't owe you content.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

Syndic Thrass posted:

Sorry paco, but much like the cfc dot, I don't owe you content.

that's good because your brain lacks content.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
PL is moving to fountain this week, sorry mbc!

• Locked thread