Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Wastrel_ posted:

Want to put up a build for discussion, but pd2skills seems to still be on the old skill trees. Or is it no longer updated? I can't keep up with the community drama.

http://beta.pd2skills.com/

It's a little messy but it works more or less. There's another site with beta skills people have been using - check back a few pages, I think it's better than pd2skills personally

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

Wastrel_ posted:

Want to put up a build for discussion, but pd2skills seems to still be on the old skill trees. Or is it no longer updated? I can't keep up with the community drama.

Use this. Not perfect, but it works. Though it does look like the beta PD2 skills site was updated a bit, so it might be better now.

Wastrel_ posted:

1) Grinder nerfed, so back to Techforcer like it's 2013. Only this time Techforcers can actually run rather fast.

Still one of the best decks in the game, IMO, and certainly still DW-viable. Not to say Techforcers aren't good. They're a lot easier to build now, since you don't actually have to dip into Tech if you don't want to.

quote:

3) 14 trip mines seems a bit of an excessive number. Haven't tried the skill that lets them lay down a carpet of fire, which sounds a bit goofy to me.

Not that great, IMO. I think sentries are probably better

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH
Wow, stacking steel sight speed bonuses makes pulling up the sights kind of disorienting. It's like three frames now.

Unrelated, but I love how easy it is to get Drill Sawgent now. All my builds are going to have it, gently caress waiting for drills.

Wastrel_
Jun 3, 2004

Read it and weep.
PD2skills beta skill tree still sets skill points at 100 and 104 for Infamy V and above, so they need to update it again to match what's now in game.

Anyway the build I've been trying out is an akimbo + pistol silenced build. It's fun and works on DW as I've tried, but wondering how I can optimize it. I'll post it soon as the site updates.

quote:

Still one of the best decks in the game, IMO, and certainly still DW-viable. Not to say Techforcers aren't good. They're a lot easier to build now, since you don't actually have to dip into Tech if you don't want to.

Some of the tech skills are still rather goofy. There's the trip mines bursting into flames thing I already mentioned, and there's also a skill that lets you restart drills with a melee attack. Sounds hugely useless to me especially since you can do it all of once to each given drill.

Wastrel_ fucked around with this message at 18:24 on Jun 6, 2016

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

LuciferMorningstar posted:

Not that great, IMO. I think sentries are probably better

I agree: I've seen them in action and sentries are better, fire trip mines are pretty bad. On the other hand, I'm not sure that's saying much seeing as how I think both are sort of meh choices. But on the flip side, if you haven't gotten those stupid "uninterrupted ______" achievements like the BFD on Grin or the power on Framing Frame 3, sentries are better than ever for those!

I'll gif it later, but we were doing a hoxbreak where shanks planted two trip mines on the powerbox just to make sure one would go off if a cop came by. We're out front shooting dudes. Power goes off. We run back and see two undetonated trip mines, zero cops, and the power's disabled. Sentries would have, guaranteed, defended that box successfully. Fire mines are just a joke for how many points they take.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

Wastrel_ posted:

Some of the tech skills are still rather goofy. There's the trip mines bursting into flames thing I already mentioned, and there's also a skill that lets you restart drills with a melee attack. Sounds hugely useless to me especially since you can do it all of once to each given drill.

Once per drill break. Not once per drill.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
The whole "chance to fix a thing" stuff is really dumb and they really should have done the same thing with it that they did with Inspire, and made it a guarantee with a cooldown.

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Jun 6, 2016

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Once per drill break. Not once per drill.

It's one of the best drill skills too since its a 50/50 shot of not having to hold F for 20 seconds in a firefight.

IBlameRoadSuess
Feb 20, 2012

Fucking technology...

At least I HAVE THIS!
Anyone have any good Mastermind/other useful class builds for either soloing or playing with less than 4 people? I need to click some cops and I don't always have a set of players to click with.

Also semi payday related, just saw Captain America 3 last night and Damion Poitier gets the poo poo kicked out of him by Scarlett Johansson in the first twenty minutes of the movie. :allears:

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

IBlameRoadSuess posted:

Anyone have any good Mastermind/other useful class builds for either soloing or playing with less than 4 people? I need to click some cops and I don't always have a set of players to click with.

Depends on how many people you've got. If I'm doing something like 2-man DW, both people generally have Inspire, FAKs, and Swan Song. One person takes Jack of All Trades to also bring ammo bags. Beyond that, it's whatever skills that help you kill cops best.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

FYI there's possibly a bug floating around right now with Bulletstorm and bugged ammo bags. If you try to pull from a Bulletstorm bag that actually has zero ammo but is still on the map, the game will crash to desktop.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

IBlameRoadSuess posted:

gets the poo poo kicked out of him by Scarlett Johansson in the first twenty minutes of the movie. :allears:

people always focus on that but i prefer to focus on the fact that he's the only regular guy who gets a leg up on one of the avengers in like any Marvel movie ever

IBlameRoadSuess
Feb 20, 2012

Fucking technology...

At least I HAVE THIS!

Coolguye posted:

people always focus on that but i prefer to focus on the fact that he's the only regular guy who gets a leg up on one of the avengers in like any Marvel movie ever

Agreed, my only regret is that he got killed so he can't become some supervillain. At least he voiced Thanos in the first Avenger's movie.

As far as skills go, i'll give that a shot with one of my buddies, since two-man deathwishing is about where we'd be at. As far as soloing (with AI) goes, I'm guessing Uppers+ is kind of mandatory?

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.

Lemon-Lime posted:

The whole "chance to fix a thing" stuff is really dumb and they really should have done the same thing with it that they did with Inspire, and made it a guarantee with a cooldown.

Think about that for a moment. What would it look like in the context of, say, a thermal drill?

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Discendo Vox posted:

Think about that for a moment. What would it look like in the context of, say, a thermal drill?

It obviously doesn't work on the thermal drill, since you need spare parts to fix it. :v: It's okay to have exceptions.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.

Lemon-Lime posted:

It obviously doesn't work on the thermal drill, since you need spare parts to fix it. :v: It's okay to have exceptions.

Thermal drills don't need parts to fix. My point is that it would either let you instantly fix every drill as soon as it breaks every time, or only let you fix the first break. The reason for a need for random chance is because otherwise its effects are structured.

edit: fat pipe hints that Biker will entail new character pack, will be free, may reference "Born to be Wild". None of this was explicit, so it could be off.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Jun 6, 2016

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Discendo Vox posted:

Thermal drills don't need parts to fix. My point is that it would either let you instantly fix every drill as soon as it breaks every time, or only let you fix the first break. The reason for a need for random chance is because otherwise its effects are structured.

I couldn't remember any thermal drills other than the Big Bank one.

My point is, it gains nothing by being random. There's nothing wrong with its effects being predictable. As it is, it doesn't feel like it's worth 6 points, and it would be redundant anyway if the auto-restart skills were changed as well to remove the %chance activation and replaced with a guaranteed auto-restart once per drill that takes a long time.

Honestly, though, I don't even see why Kickstarter Ace needs to be limited at all - it's not like "can restart drills in 1s instead of 7.5s" is an overpowered skill, considering its cost and position in a tree that doesn't make you better at clicking cops.

i.e. here's what I'd do with the drill portion of that tree:

Hardware Expert:
Basic: fix drills 25% faster, and drills are silent.
Ace: once per drill, drill auto-restarts after 40 seconds (drill outline flashes red if it's restarting).

Drill Sawgeant:
Basic: drill timer decreased 15%.
Ace: drill timer decreased an additional 15%.

Kickstarter:
Basic: one additional auto-restart per drill (so one without Hardware Expert Ace, two with), and auto-restarts take 20 seconds instead.
Ace: hitting a drill with a melee attack instantly fixes it.

It still wouldn't make Kickstarter Ace an auto-include (except maybe on some DW heists where you need to fix drills out in the open?) but it would at least make it worth 9 points + whatever was needed to hit T3.

e; vv

Thermal drills are used on all vault-type doors (see: all bank heists, train heist, Hotline 2 for examples). The Big Bank drill is a special drill. As it stands, all drills behave basically the same way, so there's no useful distinction here.

Yeah, the distinction didn't make much sense to me which is why I thought Vox was talking about the Big Bank drill specifically.

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 22:39 on Jun 6, 2016

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

Lemon-Lime posted:

I couldn't remember any thermal drills other than the Big Bank one.

My point is, it gains nothing by being random. There's nothing wrong with its effects being predictable. I also don't think it's worth 6 points, and the %chance to restart skills should also go away, so it would end up just redundant.

Thermal drills are used on all vault-type doors (see: all bank heists, train heist, Hotline 2 for examples). The Big Bank drill is a special drill. As it stands, all drills behave basically the same way, so there's no useful distinction here.

I'm otherwise inclined to agree that randomness isn't terribly desirable, here.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
i could deffo see the value in hit it once per drill, guaranteed to work, rather than hit it once per break, not guaranteed to work

i think that is all anyone is really trying to get at here, even if folks haven't quite found the words yet

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Coolguye posted:

i could deffo see the value in hit it once per drill, guaranteed to work, rather than hit it once per break, not guaranteed to work

i think that is all anyone is really trying to get at here, even if folks haven't quite found the words yet

Then it's not on a cooldown. Egardless, it further advantages the player by giving them more control over drill outcomes. That's not a good thing given the game's current balance. You don't want people to be able to predict, and thus manipulate, the outcomes of the skill in these cases. The whole point of making people repair the drill is that it makes them relatively vulnerable.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 23:19 on Jun 6, 2016

swims
May 5, 2014

Waiter, this band keeps shooting pearls at me.
Can hotline day 2 vault drill auto restart?

Don't think I've ever seen that but I haven't actively been paying attention to that either.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

swims posted:

Don't think I've ever seen that but I haven't actively been paying attention to that either.

Yes... It, like all other thermal drills, is affected by drill skills.

King Gonorrhea
Feb 11, 2008

Son of Ass Pharaoh
Has anyone noticed a problem with Bullseye Aced? maybe I misunderstand the math, but I wear a LBV which, with various other skills, gives me 91 armor. Bullseye Aced should be giving me 25 armor (more than a quarter of my armor) for headshots every 2 seconds, however when I watch closely, a headshot barely budges my armor at all. maybe the 5 from basic is working, but the extra 20 isn't? The amount it moves seems even less than 5 percent, which is why I think I don't understand something about the math. If it is working, it's a garbage skill.

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Secondary Objective: Commit Fraud - Complete

swims posted:

A popular DW tactic when Hotline came out was to set the drill, have the gunship set the room on fire, then restart the drill without putting out the fire. The fire would keep cops off the drill and wouldn't even need player interaction if it was an autorestarter.

Also I'm pretty sure 40mm incendiary grenades now last longer than molotovs, probably a bug.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

King Gonorrhea posted:

Has anyone noticed a problem with Bullseye Aced? maybe I misunderstand the math, but I wear a LBV which, with various other skills, gives me 91 armor. Bullseye Aced should be giving me 25 armor (more than a quarter of my armor) for headshots every 2 seconds, however when I watch closely, a headshot barely budges my armor at all. maybe the 5 from basic is working, but the extra 20 isn't? The amount it moves seems even less than 5 percent, which is why I think I don't understand something about the math. If it is working, it's a garbage skill.

Just tested it. Seems to be working to me. Wearing a suit and running Grinder, it basically refills by armor bar.

What deck are you using?

King Gonorrhea
Feb 11, 2008

Son of Ass Pharaoh
Also Grinder. hmm

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

poo poo, I want to play this with goons but its been forever since I posted my steam profile....does:
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198004926600/
Do the trick so I can get an invite to the steam group?

Also when are you guys usually on mumble?

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

the only drill-related challenge I want to see is heisting the drill factory and finding out that they were in fact sold to us by the cops.

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

Bort Bortles posted:

poo poo, I want to play this with goons but its been forever since I posted my steam profile....does:
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198004926600/
Do the trick so I can get an invite to the steam group?

Also when are you guys usually on mumble?

Gotcha.

And Mumble is up all the time, though who's in there when is always a toss-up. Usually evenings US is a decent time.

Emo Szyslak
Feb 25, 2006

I haven't played in so long and now I'm gripped with indecision on what build to try first!

Mr Fahrenheit
Dec 10, 2010

Travelin' at the speed of light.

hup posted:

I haven't played in so long and now I'm gripped with indecision on what build to try first!

Doom Guy w/ Loco, Stakeout, Raven, Izmha,or Mosconi :getin:

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Tempest_56 posted:

Gotcha.

And Mumble is up all the time, though who's in there when is always a toss-up. Usually evenings US is a decent time.
Thanks!

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Mr Fahrenheit posted:

I can't wait for a glory kills mod that will let me rip the limbs off of a cloaker.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

UnknownMercenary posted:

I can't wait for a glory kills mod that will let me rip the limbs off of a cloaker.

What, Jiro isn't enough for you?

Although adding those to Counterstrike Ace might make it a worthwhile skill, so...hmm.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Mr Fahrenheit posted:

Doom guy only had 2 shotguns. Instead it should be Loco, Mosconi, and then Vulcan. Although there's not a way to move at doomguy speeds while carrying the Vulcan...

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Zaphod42 posted:

Doom guy only had 2 shotguns. Instead it should be Loco, Mosconi, and then Vulcan. Although there's not a way to move at doomguy speeds while carrying the Vulcan...

The movement penalties for the minigun have been gone for the past 8 months.

Psion posted:

What, Jiro isn't enough for you?

Although adding those to Counterstrike Ace might make it a worthwhile skill, so...hmm.

Clearly not. Also aced Berserker should basically function as a Doom Berserk pack.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

UnknownMercenary posted:

The movement penalties for the minigun have been gone for the past 8 months.

I left the game for awhile. Everything is different now and its scary!

In that case I rest my point; doomguy build should totally be mosconi and vulcan, not 4 shotguns.

YET ANOTHER FAG
Mar 6, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Mumble tip: 187 is a very welcoming channel that hosts multiple heists in the same place at the same time. :getin:

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

Zaphod42 posted:

I left the game for awhile. Everything is different now and its scary!

In that case I rest my point; doomguy build should totally be mosconi and vulcan, not 4 shotguns.

You used to be able to get +40% move speed with the vulcan. It was absurd.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhJ4YbGGPDo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wastrel_
Jun 3, 2004

Read it and weep.

quote:

drill chat

I remember one suggestion in the previous thread to make a skill that would enable you to restart drills by shouting at them. That would be hilarious and they should add it.