Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

steakmancer posted:

Bunny is still Top 3 in mechanical supports in the western hemisphere I really don't blame C9 for holding onto him for the sake of denying him to other teams
And yet they benched one of the top 3 junglers in NA (Until Reignover came over) to put him on a ringer team in Challenger. Cloud9 is a very strange organization.

Team Liquid is equally as dumb, having punished Dardoach and then immediately bringing him back when they needed him once again showing how much of a pushover they are (Benching Xpecial because he didn't get along with Piglet, then benching Piglet because he didn't get along with anyone but picking him over Keith who was performing about as well / better anyway)

The biggest benefit subs could offer is that you've got two very solid carries who perform very different roles (IE: Faker being great at Assassins/Lulu vs Easyhoon being great at Azir/control mages) or having backups for emotional players who tilt easily and might need a break after a loss. In the end subs in NA/EU are used to punish scapegoats for losing games, like Bunny/Smoothie and PoE/Xpeke

APEX looks like they've got the right idea with their 10-man roster. Apollo is a very solid, safe AD while Roar is a very mechanical high risk/reward player. Keane plays off-meta picks very well and has a deep champion pool while Shiphtur is who you want to play when you want to farm for 40 minutes and lose the game because your midlaner has no impact.

RealFoxy fucked around with this message at 03:26 on Jun 6, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK

steakmancer posted:

Yeah that was definitely a gaffe by Memeos to say that and I still can't believe he's unable to verbally explain even the respective advantages their supports have. Bunny is still a fire support and Smoothie's still a high tier support in his own right

Meteos doesn't have social skills. That's about the extent of it.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Envy and Apex look really good right now. Imagine a World's in which none of the major franchises represent NA and it's all teams formed that season. Ahh.

Bland
Aug 31, 2008

Winner Of The TRP I dont actually remember the contest im pretty high right now here's your venkys tag

I looked at the interview and he pretty much said "We aren't sure who our best support is so we're gonna keep switching them around til something clicks" which granted isn't exactly a masterclass in strategy but it doesn't seem terribly unreasonable to me if they want both players to get game time.

e; v If you're committed to switching them out anyway then it makes more sense to do it after a loss than after a win.

Bland fucked around with this message at 10:08 on Jun 6, 2016

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Except he actually said they're switching them out when they lose, which is terribly unreasonable.

iSurrender
Aug 25, 2005
Now with 22% more apathy!

Ghetto SuperCzar posted:

Anyways, I'll work on that dumb pip and add twitch chat to it and pretty it up, maybe I can make it not look stupid on resize if i use iframes. I'll add EU option as well.

Why the gently caress would anyone want that?

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion

iSurrender posted:

Why the gently caress would anyone want that?

But without chat, how would I know what the darkest memes are??

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
am i the only one who has kinda been preferring the bo2s? i don't know why, maybe they're just easier to digest.

also apparently Valencia CF (the football team) are buying into LCS. seriously can't wait until every eu team is owned by football clubs

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?
I flipped over to SpoTV for a minute and I forgot a really good plus for LS casting/hosting things: his fluency in Korean eliminates the need for a third party translator.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Are any of the regions building the new hextech items?

mastermind2004
Sep 14, 2007

Jensen built the hextech belt a couple times in the C9 EchoFox set. I don't know that I saw it anywhere else.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

lol @ moon getting sent to TLA after 3 games

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Is it just me, or is Ezreal very underwhelming so far this patch?

Also lol at the people thinking that we wont get another CLG - TSM final. Even if the whole IMT team has to get shot on stage to make it happen.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.

rabidsquid posted:

Except he actually said they're switching them out when they lose, which is terribly unreasonable.

Why don't you just give him the benefit of doubt and assume he failed to articulate their coaching staff's thought process in the interview? Seems pointless to harp on such a minor issue, considering the decision is most likely not up to the players in the first place.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD

Smol posted:

Why don't you just give him the benefit of doubt and assume he failed to articulate their coaching staff's thought process in the interview? Seems pointless to harp on such a minor issue, considering the decision is most likely not up to the players in the first place.

Why don't you give this guy the benefit of the doubt, maybe he just sounds like an idiot instead of being an idiot.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
Jesus christ there were like a billion LCS games over the week, wtf should I watch.

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Sexpansion posted:

Jesus christ there were like a billion LCS games over the week, wtf should I watch.

G2 vs OG, C9 vs IMT, TSM vs CLG, Apex vs CLG

that's really it imo

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

I liked C9 v. Echofox.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Hypocrisy posted:

I liked C9 v. Echofox.

I love Froggens Anivia. Haven't really watched any of the games this week (besides Echofox and the first Schalke series) and I'm deadly afraid to watch the CLG games. Very sporting of them to give the rest of NA a headstart against the reigning two-times-in-a-row champions though, stuff like that is why I support them.

P1 was as terrible as expected though and I've never seen a team so deadly afraid of fighting (outside of EUW).

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Only one of the ROX vs SKT games from today is worth watching, the comps are effectively identical in both games and the games also play out almost identically.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Lovechop posted:

am i the only one who has kinda been preferring the bo2s? i don't know why, maybe they're just easier to digest.

also apparently Valencia CF (the football team) are buying into LCS. seriously can't wait until every eu team is owned by football clubs

I vastly prefer best of two bc there's no side advantage and a match can't drag on for infinity years

Kashuno posted:

Are any of the regions building the new hextech items?

They rush the rocket belt on Vlad in China

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

Smol posted:

Only one of the ROX vs SKT games from today is worth watching, the comps are effectively identical in both games and the games also play out almost identically.

I loaded up the second game after watching highlights of the first and immediately closed it out. Teams have really locked the gently caress in on certain picks in a much more flexible meta than what is being played.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
NALCS finals are going to be in Toronto :o

Right in the middle of CNE, gross

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Smol posted:

That's lovely. I've been loving some of the pocket picks that've shown up in the LCK lately. Hopefully the trashing of Azir and the nid/kin continuing nerfs bring some change. Give me more amumu and taric pls.

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK

Firebert posted:

NALCS finals are going to be in Toronto :o

Right in the middle of CNE, gross

That's really cool that they're coming to Canada for once! But Toronto? Gross.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
I don't like Riven in regular play but I like that someone plays her in competitive

YancyQ
Jan 18, 2008
Grimey Drawer
worlds this year is going to be IMT, TSM, and APX

also, i like C9's new system of placing the blame for any loss on the support. it really frees up the other players to play their best game

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Kashuno posted:

That's lovely. I've been loving some of the pocket picks that've shown up in the LCK lately. Hopefully the trashing of Azir and the nid/kin continuing nerfs bring some change. Give me more amumu and taric pls.

Hope you like Swain and Vladimir.

(Faker did pull off an Anivia though!)

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
I played Karma support in solo queue. I still hate it and don't get it's prioritization in competitive.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
small sivir ult? That's my only guess

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Libertine posted:

I played Karma support in solo queue. I still hate it and don't get it's prioritization in competitive.

Mantra E is really great at creating picks, and she can kinda go off on her own little warding missions with some decent damage and a shield/dash to escape if she gets seen.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Q does lane damage and you're a lovely lulu, the ideal champion style for cowards.

JuniperCake
Jan 26, 2013

henkman posted:

small sivir ult? That's my only guess

Yeah I think that's likely why.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Copenhagen Wolves are finally ceasing operations. RIP the Xenics Storm of Europe I guess.

I feel like I'm losing interest at an alarming rate this season, it really looks like another SKT win right now :(

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

SKT is going to unravel because Bang is going to melt down between not liking to play the game and being stressed out about losing.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

RealFoxy posted:

Copenhagen Wolves are finally ceasing operations. RIP the Xenics Storm of Europe I guess.

I feel like I'm losing interest at an alarming rate this season, it really looks like another SKT win right now :(

I want SKT to win literally everything this season, then bang, bengi, and faker all decide they have literally no reason to play this game anymore and retire

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

rabidsquid posted:

SKT is going to unravel because Bang is going to melt down between not liking to play the game and being stressed out about losing.
SKT is really good at teaching their players to play to their style though, so they can probably find some random solo queue kid and still make it to World's on the backs of Wolf and Faker.

Kashuno posted:

I want SKT to win literally everything this season, then bang, bengi, and faker all decide they have literally no reason to play this game anymore and retire
Fakers gf the cute korean girl who interviews him every time he wins is going back to Uni so he has no more reason to win games.

Realpost: I wonder how funny it's going to look next year if there's 16 SKT skins listed in the store.

RealFoxy fucked around with this message at 03:09 on Jun 7, 2016

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
So long as Faker is randomly solo killing people in lane with tear on Anivia they could probably survive losing Bang

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

It's okay guys next Spring we'll have Samsung Blue and Samsung White back. But in China.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
That's true, Febiven is the best mid laner of all time

• Locked thread