Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.

Entropic posted:

If you're wearing power armor, it only counts that for your DR, right? Wearing combat armor or whatever underneath doesn't actually give you an advantage while you're in in the power armor?

What I'm asking is, if I'm going to being wearing power armor all the time in combat, is there any reason to wear more than a bathrobe and slippers underneath?

Right

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Entropic posted:

If you're wearing power armor, it only counts that for your DR, right? Wearing combat armor or whatever underneath doesn't actually give you an advantage while you're in in the power armor?

What I'm asking is, if I'm going to being wearing power armor all the time in combat, is there any reason to wear more than a bathrobe and slippers underneath?

This is true to the extent that my carry capacity actually goes down when entering PA, because all my gear is deep pocketed.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

lite_sleepr posted:

I've found 16 suits of power armor now, and not one complete set of X01. I have three frames of X01, but they have the helmet, chest, and left arm.

There's always a full set in that green building downtown. Like even at level 1.

Also, the rust devil base has had a full set both times I've gone there, but that has been 50+ in both instances so I don't know if that's a leveled spawn

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003
Rust Devils? Are they in an expansion pack? I'm still on vanilla.

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987

lite_sleepr posted:

Rust Devils? Are they in an expansion pack? I'm still on vanilla.

They're in the Automatron add-on.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003
Also, wasn't that full suit of X01 guarded by two assaultrons and two sentry bots? Yikes.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Rinkles posted:

This is true to the extent that my carry capacity actually goes down when entering PA, because all my gear is deep pocketed.

how is that possible? you can only put pocketed gear on your leg armors, and each counts for +10 carry weight?

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Volkerball posted:

how is that possible? you can only put pocketed gear on your leg armors, and each counts for +10 carry weight?

I have deep pocketed on all 5 armor pieces.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Suave Fedora posted:

Move your vegetables out of the workshop inventory and into a standalone cooler. Same goes for dirty/purified water for your water purifiers. And fertilizer, if you have radicalized bovines.

What? Is this something from one of the DLCs?

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

lite_sleepr posted:

Also, wasn't that full suit of X01 guarded by two assaultrons and two sentry bots? Yikes.

One of each

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

Lotish posted:

I'd like to know too. I looked up "radicalized bovines" thinking maybe it's a mod and all I got were hits about Donald Trump, cows, and an Onion story combining the two.

Davoren
Aug 14, 2003

The devil you say!

Radicalized bovines are bovines that are radical because they poo poo drugs, you just gotta keep that litter box clean homeslice.

MinorRed
Jul 27, 2011

Brahmin in your settlement give you fertilizer. At least, I hope that's what he was talking about.

Orange Sunshine
May 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Azhais posted:

There's always a full set in that green building downtown. Like even at level 1.

The Court 35 building has a full set of x01 power armor.

As mentioned, there is an assaultron and a sentry bot guarding it, but I don't think you even really have to kill them. I think you can just push the buttons to access the armor, jump in the armor, and jump off the roof.

And everything else I've seen says you need to be close to level 30 to get the x01.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Orange Sunshine posted:

As mentioned, there is an assaultron and a sentry bot guarding it, but I don't think you even really have to kill them. I think you can just push the buttons to access the armor, jump in the armor, and jump off the roof.

And everything else I've seen says you need to be close to level 30 to get the x01.

it's got to be easier to kill them then it is to try and run around to push the buttons while they're lighting you up. after you aggro them, run back down the stairs. the assaultron can follow you, but the sentry bot can't, so you can take them out one at a time that way.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003
You aren't taking out an assaultrons at level one, or ten.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

lite_sleepr posted:

You aren't taking out an assaultrons at level one, or ten.

If you feel strongly about your jousting skills you can just stand on the edge of the roof and strafe out of the assaultron's way when it jumps at you so it falls to its death.

In my experience the assaultron is too dumb to figure out the ramps so you can just hide below and snipe them both through holes in the floor.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
"It's pre-war tech, you'll never find another like it," Deacon says as he hands me a gun exactly like the one I'm using but with less damage.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Buschmaki posted:

"It's pre-war tech, you'll never find another like it," Deacon says as he hands me a gun exactly like the one I'm using but with less damage.

It's not like any of the drat dialogue is dynamic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBQZNeDnF80

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

That one linked to this one, which is a good laugh:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DIg6e30qe6A

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Ah man, so I cant get achievements with my modded game? I guess I need to get some kind of mod that lets me get acheivements and then console the ones I missed?

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Tenzarin posted:

Ah man, so I cant get achievements with my modded game? I guess I need to get some kind of mod that lets me get acheivements and then console the ones I missed?

Yeah, if you're not on a console there's a mod to enable achievements. If you're on a console that mod has been banned.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Lotish posted:

I was being cute about describing the common brahmin.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Tenzarin posted:

I don't worry about achievements for several reasons:

1) Having more achievements or gamer points or whatever has never, not once, impacted my ability to play a game.

2) Completing a game, for me, is achieving everything I can within the game until I no longer think it is fun. This is after many years of wasting my time getting 100% in games I stopped enjoying long before that.

3) There was a bug with Saints Row 4 where achievements weren't exactly enables for the first week so my achievement list looks like I started the game half-way through the story.

4) Not a single person has ever asked about the achievements I have obtained and I would be shocked if anyone has ever looked at my list.

That was a lot of words about nothing and it wasn't directed at you. I just don't get why people find them important.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Inzombiac posted:

1) Having more achievements or gamer points or whatever has never, not once, impacted my ability to play a game.

2) Completing a game, for me, is achieving everything I can within the game until I no longer think it is fun. This is after many years of wasting my time getting 100% in games I stopped enjoying long before that.

3) There was a bug with Saints Row 4 where achievements weren't exactly enables for the first week so my achievement list looks like I started the game half-way through the story.

4) Not a single person has ever asked about the achievements I have obtained and I would be shocked if anyone has ever looked at my list.

That was a lot of words about nothing and it wasn't directed at you. I just don't get why people find them important.

Achievements are fun, don't be a trendy retard.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
I stopped caring when every drat single player game started tying the 100% achievement to their lovely online modes.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Inzombiac posted:

This

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

Azhais posted:

Yeah, if you're not on a console there's a mod to enable achievements. If you're on a console that mod has been banned.

It's not banned, but it needs a third party program a lot of future mods will need.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Bholder posted:

It's not banned, but it needs a third party program a lot of future mods will need.

Even beyond that I read someplace that the console manufacturers required that there be no way to re-enable achievements after modding took place

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Azhais posted:

Even beyond that I read someplace that the console manufacturers required that there be no way to re-enable achievements after modding took place

Yes, a community manager confirmed this.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

Orange Sunshine posted:

Yeah , the power armor on the roof of Court 35 is leveled, I think you have to be level 28 to be guaranteed a full set of X01, if you go there at a lower level than that you can end up with T-51 stuff.

By the time you're knocking on level 30, a well-modded combat shotgun and a few doses of psycho-jet should be all you need to make swift work of the robot guards.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus
Another reason to kill Mama Murphy?

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Eh, I just oneshot him with a sneak attack from Kremvh's Tooth. He's working for Ug-Qualtoth now.

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Yeah, I say "Shit" a shit-ton of times. What of it, shithead?
"Mama Murphy please tell me my future."

"You will find the man you're looking for soon, but he is very powerful."

"What should I do then?"

"Just ignore it when you get shot, its fine."

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Tenzarin posted:

Achievements are fun, don't be a trendy retard.

Calm down, edge lord.
If there is an achievement for a specific challenge in the game (Binding of Isaac) then that's fine because I'm going to do that challenge anyway. However, getting them for milestones in a story, things you were already going to do in the span of normal gameplay, are pretty moronic.

Again with Saints Row (a series I adore), there was an achievement for driving something insane like 20 million miles in a game where you have superpowers that completely negate the need for cars or planes.

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
If I really like a game then I try to ace the cheeves because I'm playing the game anyway so why not, it can be a fun way to shake things up. Otherwise they're a fun popup sometimes but I care more about modding a pump action shotgun into the game than I do about seeing a little picture of my son dying of phimosis.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Inzombiac posted:

Calm down, edge lord.
If there is an achievement for a specific challenge in the game (Binding of Isaac) then that's fine because I'm going to do that challenge anyway. However, getting them for milestones in a story, things you were already going to do in the span of normal gameplay, are pretty moronic.

Again with Saints Row (a series I adore), there was an achievement for driving something insane like 20 million miles in a game where you have superpowers that completely negate the need for cars or planes.

What ever you gotta do to make the game worthwhile bro, thanks for the life story!

Shit Fuckasaurus
Oct 14, 2005

i think right angles might be an abomination against nature you guys
Lipstick Apathy

Inzombiac posted:

However, getting them for milestones in a story, things you were already going to do in the span of normal gameplay, are pretty moronic.

Counterpoint: Portal 2's The Part Where He Kills You

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Zephyrine posted:

Another reason to kill Mama Murphy?

Holy poo poo I need to use Mama Murphy more often.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Plastik posted:

Counterpoint: Portal 2's The Part Where He Kills You

Yeah, I concede on that one and a certain one from Gunpoint but those types of meta jokes are very rare.

Anyway, it breaks my heart to have to dismiss Codsworth. I'm all-stealth survival so I set him up with stealth blades and everything else I could think to make him more quiet but every raider and ghoul in the Commonwealth sees him coming from across the river.

It's going to be a lonely road.

• Locked thread