Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TastyLemonDrops
Aug 6, 2008

you said "drop kick" fyi

Killed By Death posted:

Sounds good. One more thing, do I take TLD or Fervor with this build?

Um... You always take TLD. Why on earth would you ever not want TLDs?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Methanar posted:

Ok let's try this again.

Tomorrow.

Come on don't leave us hanging.

flyingkiwi
Jun 1, 2012

Wowzers!
I thought I'd test Zyra support. My AD carry ran up lane over and over again after rushing warmogs and died nonstop for the entire game without explaining why. 0/10, Zyra is a bad champ

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie

flyingkiwi posted:

I thought I'd test Zyra support. My AD carry ran up lane over and over again after rushing warmogs and died nonstop for the entire game without explaining why. 0/10, Zyra is a bad champ

that's a savage nerf to be flagged for losses.

blah_blah
Apr 15, 2006

Mikujin posted:

If luck factors into it, though, then I think my point that's it's not specific to champions you've played now or recently stands.

I've only played 6 champions in ranked this season. Four of my offers were among those six, and the other two are champions I play pretty often in normals or bot games (and have played a lot recently). I own 57 champions so this is pretty astronomically unlikely.

I also have a smurf that a very different list of champions, and that I only play ranked on. I have played ranked games with 11 out of 58 champions on that account. Every offer was for a champion that I've played in ranked this season. This is about 1/100000 to occur by random chance.

And re: your theory that it's the role, I have every ADC and a dozen or more midlaners and toplaners on my main account, but I only have played about 3 ADCs and 2 midlaners and toplaners this season. Guess which ones I got offered skins for?

blah_blah
Apr 15, 2006

Tired Moritz posted:

teemo

it doesn't look that good. like a lot of attack speed but little damage.

Frozen Mallet Teemo isn't the worst thing and that build is probably really strong for splitpushing/dueling at the cost of mushroom damage. Any champion does a lot of damage with 2 zeal items and IE. And Teemo's passive actually gives a completely ridiculous amount of AS so the DPS is probably really high if you can pick the right spots to unstealth.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Methanar posted:

I'm actually kind of upset. 9 out of 10 players think I'm trash.

Who's the 10th? :confused:

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

I have this sort of kinda maybe feeling that the amazing cool graph thing they posted about how players tend to play champs in certain group clusters had a lot to do with this marketing sales tool my shop release and wasn't just for funsies.

But I mean, it could just be me.

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

How bad do I have to play to drop back from gold 5 to silver 1?

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Miftan posted:

you have to play at a full league below your level, i.e. gold v has to play like a silver v

alternative answer: really loving bad

JuniperCake
Jan 26, 2013

Miftan posted:

I believe its based on MMR. If it drops to about Silver III-ish or some approximate MMR to that, you are probably in danger of getting demoted. One way to kinda check might be to use lolnexus when you enter games to kinda get a feel for the people you are getting matched with. If it's constantly mid-low silver then you are probably in danger. If its low gold or whatever then you are probably fine, etc.

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

blah_blah posted:

I've only played 6 champions in ranked this season. Four of my offers were among those six, and the other two are champions I play pretty often in normals or bot games (and have played a lot recently). I own 57 champions so this is pretty astronomically unlikely.

I also have a smurf that a very different list of champions, and that I only play ranked on. I have played ranked games with 11 out of 58 champions on that account. Every offer was for a champion that I've played in ranked this season. This is about 1/100000 to occur by random chance.

And re: your theory that it's the role, I have every ADC and a dozen or more midlaners and toplaners on my main account, but I only have played about 3 ADCs and 2 midlaners and toplaners this season. Guess which ones I got offered skins for?

I've played ranked with predominantly the same 2 champions all season (neither of which popped up in the sale). Every sale champ is unplayed this season and last, save 1 who has a staggering 1 game played.

If the selection method is as tuned as you'd like to think, then the odds of such an extreme outlier in the opposite end are just as unlikely. Assuming there's more going on than simply "I play this guy a lot lately" is entirely reasonable.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Idk filed a complaint to Rito since you seem to be the only person in this thread who has this problem

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.

Mikujin posted:

Assuming there's more going on than simply "I play this guy a lot lately" is entirely reasonable.

ok but it doesnt seem very practical

Safety Scissors
Feb 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Mikujin posted:

I've played ranked with predominantly the same 2 champions all season (neither of which popped up in the sale). Every sale champ is unplayed this season and last, save 1 who has a staggering 1 game played.

If the selection method is as tuned as you'd like to think, then the odds of such an extreme outlier in the opposite end are just as unlikely. Assuming there's more going on than simply "I play this guy a lot lately" is entirely reasonable.

It would be hilarious if there was a min amount of chemps that were needed to make the algorithm work. I'd guess 6 because there are 6 slots.

Giodo!
Oct 29, 2003

I got a bunch of champs that I don't own but I only play ARAM.

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

Bubble-T posted:

Duelyst just made me wish there was a proper digital port of Tash-Kalar because that game is what Duelyst wants to be but better and without the CCG bullshit.

What do you have against the BoardGameArena implementation?

Also, why haven't Riot added an IP bonus/hextech bonus to queuing up Support or Fill?

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

golden bubble posted:

What do you have against the BoardGameArena implementation?

Also, why haven't Riot added an IP bonus/hextech bonus to queuing up Support or Fill?

Positive reinforcement isnt the riot way.

Maybe instead, anyone queuing for an overpopulated role earns 50% reduced IP, and only key fragments.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

Neurolimal posted:

Positive reinforcement isnt the riot way.

Maybe instead, anyone queuing for an overpopulated role earns 50% reduced IP, and only key fragments.

DID YOU KNOW: Players who queue for overpopulated roles lose 28% more games

DID YOU KNOW: The community overwhelmingly votes to punish those who don't queue for support?

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

Less than 900 to go boys.

blah_blah
Apr 15, 2006

Mikujin posted:

There are other confounding possibilities like A/B testing (if I were responsible for this feature I would give some small % of people a completely random selection of skins, some other % of people a selection of more expensive/less expensive skins, and so on). But it is clear that most people seem to be receiving recently or heavily played champions for their offers.

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

Ah yes, because I want to see more people queueing in as Blitzcrank support, starting with a manacrystal, whiffing every hook until it accidentally lands on something then win the game anyway.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Methanar posted:

Less than 900 to go boys.

Grats

LegalPad
Oct 23, 2013

I can't win any ranked games unless I'm support, it's awful.
Literal hell over here.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
I had a tougher time winning top than my secondary bot. So I just switched the role priorities and made myself an ADC main.

If you are dead set on climbing longterm with your main role just push through the slump untill either you get better or your opponents get worse. If you just want to chase that white dragon of winning and climbing NOW, you may have to embrace the support role.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
re: legalpad

you might be lovely at laning, ask someone above your elo to practice with you in customs and you'll get better more quickly than in matchmade SR games

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
I kept playing support because I'm bad at everything else but trying to level up playing support is awful and you should learn to play tanky carries like Malphite because people are really bad and nothing says "Go right now" like a Malphite ultimate.

Unfortunately there's so many scenarios in low elo where if you're playing support, even if you're the best player in the game, you're going to have people who refuse to group, will feed for no reason because they don't understand how to get carried, or the worst part, you're playing against another good support player and your lane goes dead even but your jungle/mid/top are all feeding so your lane is useless.

Being a support main and getting better are futile efforts because even with good hard carry supports you're still going to lose a lot of games because your support gold doesn't carry games hard enough and there's a fairly good chance you've gotten a brain-dead ADC that has no idea what to do with their free gold and loses the game farming a side lane after they've already got 6 items.

ofc you could always just play Ekko or Fizz "support" and take half the lane CS and never buy a sightstone it works for Meth.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Veigar support is fun and lets you act as a backup lategame carry, and a suicidal flash -> hexdash -> ragecage -> murder an enemy carry is a good way to tell your team "wake the gently caress up and go in"

I'm not sure how well it will work in ranked though, because even in blind draft I've been seeing people intentionally throw because of having a Veigar Support.

He works fine as a real support, but if you go Scumbag "Support" you can do well that way too. Just buy a sightstone because wards win games.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

If you want to AP carry you could also just do it from the mid lane, instead. Crazy, I know

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

rabidsquid posted:

If you want to AP carry you could also just do it from the mid lane, instead. Crazy, I know

Now you're just talking moonspeak.

(Really though, legit Veigar Support is fun)

stump collector
May 28, 2007

RealFoxy posted:

Unfortunately there's so many scenarios in low elo where if you're playing support, even if you're the best player in the game, you're going to have people who refuse to group, will feed for no reason because they don't understand how to get carried, or the worst part, you're playing against another good support player and your lane goes dead even but your jungle/mid/top are all feeding so your lane is useless.
Your entire post is correct except this can happen at any elo. It also can happen when you're very very far ahead in games. Just want to caution that you'll never escape dumb plays so focusing on your own calls and plays will help you improve more quickly than worrying about other factors impacting your games.

Libertine and I just played a game that could've been won at 25 minutes but our assassin jungler and top mercilessly fed because they were so far ahead - the dude swept up all the kills, gold, and farm on the map to throw our advantage away for 10 straight minutes then we just blasted them off a good Lissandra/Nami play

stump collector fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Jun 6, 2016

have you seen my baby
Nov 22, 2009

Veigar support is both fun and good

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
If you guys like champions who have scaling passives that work off of CSing and killing enemy champions you should really try Support Nasus, he's just as awesome!!!

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

I love support Riven, because when my shitter idiot ADC misses a CS I can hard carry from the bot lane.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Libertine posted:

If you guys like champions who have scaling passives that work off of CSing and killing enemy champions you should really try Support Nasus, he's just as awesome!!!

Nasus doesn't get damage from harassing the enemy. He also has no real stuns, just a mostly-alright slow.

Veigar is cool because 1. He has a Bard/Thresh style sideways-farming mechanic that doesnt harm the ADC (and synergizes with Frost Queen), and 2. Hexdash helps mitigate [some of] the painful setup time on the cage they added to gimp Support Veigar, on top of not being a hyper expensive item for your primary nonsupport item.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
I'm actually going to side with veigar support, especially since his Q stacks AP now just from harassing with it and cage still great utility

have you seen my baby
Nov 22, 2009

Libertine posted:

If Nasus Q stacked off of harass at range through minions, this would be correct.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
A pocket veigar support is important for when your team picks 3 AD assassins for top mid and jungle and you can't dodge for some reason

blah_blah
Apr 15, 2006

Neurolimal posted:

He works fine as a real support, but if you go Scumbag "Support" you can do well that way too. Just buy a sightstone because wards win games.

Veigar support has been pretty awful since his instant stun was removed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Hextech protobelt support Veigar

• Locked thread