Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

Real hurthling! posted:

It never had budget. They took sonys money and didnt spend any of their own

Sony literally commissioned Capcom to make SFV so they could have a PS4 exclusive fighting game to compete with KI on the Xbone and handed them money to make it. The only reason why SFV exists at all is because Sony asked them to make it and threw a bunch of money at Capcom.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

I am going to expire on my deathbed regretting I did not get to buy Goggles Cammy

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

hiddenriverninja posted:

I am going to expire on my deathbed regretting I did not get to buy Goggles Cammy

SAME

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

I didn't preorder goggles Cammy, but I traded my M. Bison preorder code for the Cammy outfit with a friend and I'd say he regrets it but he doesn't actually play Cammy while I do so yeah

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

Dragon's Dogma, which is really quite fantastic.

Oh, I bought that for the PC this year and played it for like 2 hours. It seemed alright, maybe I should play it again sometime.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Stefan Prodan posted:

Oh, I bought that for the PC this year and played it for like 2 hours. It seemed alright, maybe I should play it again sometime.

It's loving fantastic. Play it.

Gold Dust Gasoline
Jul 11, 2006

just be yourself and you'll be fine
Pillbug
I wish Capcom hadn't pushed this (fun) game under a bus.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Gold Dust Gasoline posted:

I wish Capcom hadn't pushed this (fun) game under a bus.

it is the bus and it is crushing our hearts

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

hiddenriverninja posted:

it is the bus and it is crushing our hearts

Except I'd say its more like a third world bus than a normal bus so its all rusty and falling apart as it crushes the heart.

NarkyBark
Dec 7, 2003

one funky chicken

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

srsly who wants to play this lamer?
goggles cammy only looks good in stills IMO, the crazy hair spoils it in motion

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
It really does make me giggle that these asshats cant even get their money grab shop working.

I mean its not like anyone would use it anyways.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Microwaves Mom posted:

It really does make me giggle that these asshats cant even get their money grab shop working.

I mean its not like anyone would use it anyways.

Half the people in this thread would probably cave to costumes and color unlocks even if they aren't playing the game

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

S.J. posted:

Half the people in this thread would probably cave to costumes and color unlocks even if they aren't playing the game

cant you already get color unlocks and some costumes?

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Microwaves Mom posted:

cant you already get color unlocks and some costumes?

gently caress survival mode

also,
https://twitter.com/PR_Balrog/status/739905223880118272

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I know they said they wouldn't but they kinda have to relaunch this as Super Street Fighter V at some point right

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Help Im Alive posted:

I know they said they wouldn't but they kinda have to relaunch this as Super Street Fighter V at some point right

of course

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Help Im Alive posted:

Yeah or they move on to VI or something. Or this is how street fighter ends

Draynar
Apr 22, 2008

In Training posted:

Yeah or they move on to VI or something. Or this is how street fighter ends

PROBABLY do that and it will just be SF5 with all the years DLC or something honestly.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
I like how capcom's solution to fix their garbage is to slap another word in front of it.
Sony won't be happy about that though.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

It won't be anything more than a re-name for the physical copies if anything. They won't sell another 60$ game to the people who already bought it, they made too big of a deal out of that for them to get away with it. They'll call it SSF5 for a mechanics revision

But it is capcom so who knows

Crown Face
Sep 24, 2008
It just depends on how much they're able to add to the game through patches. I doubt we'll see any changes on the level of SFIV>SSFIV, at least not all at once.

As far as PR is concerned, I don't think they really care about going back on their word in regards to named revisions. They'll just say that assumption was based on their initial projections and it wasn't an official statement etc.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Crown Face posted:

It just depends on how much they're able to add to the game through patches. I doubt we'll see any changes on the level of SFIV>SSFIV, at least not all at once.

As far as PR is concerned, I don't think they really care about going back on their word in regards to named revisions. They'll just say that assumption was based on their initial projections and it wasn't an official statement etc.

Maybe that's something else American Capcom made up

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Crown Face posted:

They'll probably sell it as a 30-40 dollar DLC and claim they aren't selling us a new game is what it'll be

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

Help Im Alive posted:

They pretty much have to do Super Street Fighter V now. And also make it free to play like KI if they want people to play it. They should have done that from the start.

Square-Enix managed to pull off a relaunch with Final Fantasy XIV, but that was nothing short of a miracle. That, and they threw the entire game in the trash, fired the people who worked on it and made a whole new game also called Final Fantasy XIV that was actually good. Somehow I doubt Capcom is going to do that.

Also while SFV is a devastating trainwreck, FFXIV 1.0 was one of the worst AAA games I've ever seen in my entire life after Sonic 2006. There's a lot wrong with SFV, but at least the game has a few good things in it too. There's a lot of bad games out there, but being Sonic 2006 bad is a rare honor that few games can ever accomplish.

I also don't really see a major revision that fixes a ton of stuff happening anytime soon. The project is obviously lacking the manpower, money and time to make a full game. Right now it seems like the devs working on the game are desperately struggling to even make it functional. I legitimately feel bad for anyone who is working on this game because right about now I'd imagine their lives are a living hell.

Crown Face
Sep 24, 2008

S.J. posted:

They'll probably sell it as a 30-40 dollar DLC and claim they aren't selling us a new game is what it'll be

I don't think they're that clever.

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?
if capcom just puts out another box after their very long marketing campaign talking about how they aren't doing that and the digital platform model is The Future then they'd basically be commuting suicide, people are already real mad about ultimate marvel vs capcom/new guilty gear

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

what could they offer in a dlc that people would pay for and consider must have if all balance patches are going to be free? alternate supers could work i guess.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

darealkooky posted:

if capcom just puts out another box after their very long marketing campaign talking about how they aren't doing that and the digital platform model is The Future then they'd basically be commuting suicide, people are already real mad about ultimate marvel vs capcom/new guilty gear

i was real mad about new gg untl i realized its like 6 new characters over -sign- once you get all the dlc when i though it was only going to be 2 but yeah one of the reasons i didn't wait on sfv was because it was guaranteed to be a one time purchase.

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

Gammatron 64 posted:

There's a lot wrong with SFV, but at least the game has a few good things in it too. There's a lot of bad games out there, but being Sonic 2006 bad is a rare honor that few games can ever accomplish.

honestly i'd play sonic 2006 over this game any day of the week

sonic 2006 is so badly made that you can have lots of badwrong fun by glitching past everything and laughing at how stupid it is. meanwhile sf5 is just like all the other street fighter games but without anything that made those games good.

like you said, few games are sonic 2006 bad which makes it unique, why play SF5 when theres tons of better/more interesting games that more or less play the exact same unless you make your living on tournaments

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Real hurthling! posted:

what could they offer in a dlc that people would pay for and consider must have if all balance patches are going to be free? alternate supers could work i guess.

Mechanical updates/changes to the CA/V-System mechanics that require you to have the newest version of the game in order to use them, and market it as a 'Tournament DLC Package' so that you'll be up to date with the newest CPT version of the game

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

Real hurthling! posted:

i was real mad about new gg untl i realized its like 6 new characters over -sign- once you get all the dlc when i though it was only going to be 2 but yeah one of the reasons i didn't wait on sfv was because it was guaranteed to be a one time purchase.

the new gg is a pretty huge update honestly, beyond the characters they did a whole lot of under the hood changes to make the game work better (like fixing the sort of stupid online and getting better netcode)

cams
Mar 28, 2003

darealkooky posted:

why play SF5 when theres tons of better/more interesting games that more or less play the exact same unless you make your living on tournaments
because i like it, quite a bit.

trying to find a place that'll break street date on guilty gear though, i got today off. there's a place i know will have it but i don't wanna drive out to long beach.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

darealkooky posted:

honestly i'd play sonic 2006 over this game any day of the week

sonic 2006 is so badly made that you can have lots of badwrong fun by glitching past everything and laughing at how stupid it is. meanwhile sf5 is just like all the other street fighter games but without anything that made those games good.

like you said, few games are sonic 2006 bad which makes it unique, why play SF5 when theres tons of better/more interesting games that more or less play the exact same unless you make your living on tournaments

I don't make a living off tournaments but I'll play it with people when I go to the arcade on weekends. I haven't bothered putting my SF5 disc in my PS4 for a couple months now. And that's probably ok because I hate playing games online and the execution in this game is so easy that I can do combos without even practicing in training mode

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

darealkooky posted:

the new gg is a pretty huge update honestly, beyond the characters they did a whole lot of under the hood changes to make the game work better (like fixing the sort of stupid online and getting better netcode)

yeah i'm hype as gently caress now but i wasn't at announcement

can't wait to fish for colors

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

gunna watch that dumb anime gunna fish gunna get my rear end kicked online gunna be good

Crown Face
Sep 24, 2008
I bought a PS4 and a brook converter for my 360 stick because I was so hype for the new Guilty Gear. I'm going to do challenges and fish and play soccer all day long.

Maybe I'll play against some actual people too but fishing takes precedence.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
You can also go online to make your dumpy avatar with a Venom face do a somersault emote except it fails and falls flat on its face, goty

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
if they relaunch its basically going to be "60 dollars now gets you all the characters if you didnt get them already, if you bought content before, we basically give you new content for free as an apology, heres the story mode, updated online, new season announcements, fixed delay, and a bunch of other crap" or w/e, otherwise they're shooting themselves in the foot after saying "theres no super street fighter v". relaunch needs to be the game as it should with dlc payback.

also lol at the fact that they want to bypass sony on dlc chars. if that was part of their business model they're idiots.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crown Face
Sep 24, 2008

AnonSpore posted:

You can also go online to make your dumpy avatar with a Venom face do a somersault emote except it fails and falls flat on its face, goty

My dumpy avatar will have a Chipp face and I will go to random lobbies and yell at people in fake Japanese.