Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Josuke Higashikata posted:

I believe the context for the Aug/Sep date is that there's a reality show for FOX in production about CM Punk, which is probably going to be detailing his camp and prep for the fight.

"Episode 10 - A Dream Ends? - April is shocked when she checks Punk's leg to find an extremely yellow bruise on his thigh. Punk's dream hangs in the balance as doctors determine whether or not he will be able to make the walk to the octagon. (Series end)"

ftfy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Chris James 2 posted:

Meltzer says Punk's fight is happening in August or September

When is he scheduled to have his in training injury to delay it? July?

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Punk's delaying a fight because he's extremely yellow? Did I hear that right?

your friend sk
Dec 10, 2005

(ヤイケス!)

Halloween Jack posted:

Punk's delaying a fight because he's extremely yellow? Did I hear that right?

no, he only has a white belt

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

White belt more like white flag, cause he gives up so easily due to fear

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

projecthalaxy posted:

White belt more like white flag, cause he gives up so easily due to fear

cowardly man punk

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

he pooped pants

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Sure, but so did beloved heel heavyweight champion Tim Sylvia.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I believe every poster in this thread could defeat Phillip "CM Punk" Brooks in Mixed Martial Arts contest and at the video game Mario Kart 8.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Josuke Higashikata posted:

I believe every poster in this thread could defeat Phillip "CM Punk" Brooks in Mixed Martial Arts contest and at the video game Mario Kart 8.

I'm gonna lose you so much money :smith:

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I believe.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Bork is facing Mark Hunt

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg
Mark Hunt will destroy Brock Lesnar and then replace Roman Reigns because he's just way prettier (only face)

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

UFC 300: White vs McMahon will rule

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
Jokes on you Brock's opponent will be CM Punk

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
Someone needs to rename this thread

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
re-signs with WWE

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

SquirrelGrip posted:

I will fight CM Punk

A think a lot of us could beat the brakes off hik and put him an inch of his life.

Even the fat ones.

Kurohashi
Sep 8, 2005

*waddle waddle*
If Lesnar also ends up getting medical procedures done to heal up his broken body on Zuffa's dime then it'll have been a tremendous long game of these two prowrestlers exploiting the UFC before headlining the main event of Wrestlemania against each other.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

are guns allowed in mixed martial arts

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Ostentatious posted:

are guns allowed in mixed martial arts

Of course

DannoMack
Aug 1, 2003

i love it when you call me big poppa
Brock losing and Punk winning would make bad person Vince McMahon the angriest and as such is the best outcome.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

DannoMack posted:

Brock losing and Punk winning would make bad person Vince McMahon the angriest and as such is the best outcome.

It would make bad person Dana White the happiest and as such is the worst outcome.

DannoMack
Aug 1, 2003

Mark Hunt tiebreaker!

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque puņ essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

in my tiny shriveled heart, all I want is for Dana to let Paul Heyman do the pressers for Lesnar

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

DannoMack posted:

Mark Hunt tiebreaker!

I concede.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Is there any chance that the quid-pro-quo between Dana and Vince gets negated when UFC sells up to China? Because if Brock gets KOed in 10 seconds AND Vince doesn't even get to have Ronda Rousey show up at Wrestlemania for his troubles I'd laugh a lot.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Jerusalem posted:

Is there any chance that the quid-pro-quo between Dana and Vince gets negated when UFC sells up to China?

That isn't happening, so no.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

fatherdog posted:

That isn't happening, so no.

Man what happened to China, they used to be cool :mad:

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
Chinese billionaires decided to follow the real money: League of Legends teams

So has Shaq

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

bradzilla posted:

Punk's debut has been pushed back "a month or two" for like a year now. It's not happening lol suck it CM Punk

Guy got herniated disc surgery four months ago. I don't get how people can make fun of Punk for that, if he really never fights then pile it on.

I think it's very badass and fun that Lesnar is getting to fight in UFC again, it doesn't seem like something WWE would've allowed even a few years ago.

Do they do tag-team MMA matches? I wanna see RVD and Sabu in the Octagon, with chairs.

Have you guys seen the 80s Chuck Norris vs ninjas movie The Octagon? Solid.

Heavy Metal fucked around with this message at 01:25 on Jun 7, 2016

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Heavy Metal posted:

Guy got herniated disc surgery four months ago. I don't get how people can make fun of Punk for that,

Because he said he was completely fine and looked forward to fighting Gall then the next day he was getting surgery on his back.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
he's a coward for sure. man can't even drink a beer

a retard
Jan 7, 2013

by Lowtax

Jerusalem posted:

Man what happened to China, they used to be cool :mad:

at most they're selling like 15% or so, maybe less. the fertittas are still going to be the majority owners by far

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup
If this was just a bucket list for punk why has it taken over a year and a half just to fight? Why wait that long and do all that training just to lose. Doesn't make sense.

Why not just fight as soon as he signed? The outcome would've been the same and he'd still get paid. Nobody would give a gently caress

vainman
Nov 2, 2012

I find your lack of faith... disturbing
Because he thought he was going to win and some combination of getting killed in sparring by Duke roufus, going 0-20 to a bunch of weekenders in smokers and watching Gall ko a guy with six years kickboxing experience within the first minute has changed his mind

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
I suspect CM Punk's ego won't let him lose his first match so the closer he gets to his first fight the more fearful he is that he'll just get beaten and prove all the MMA trolls talking poo poo about him right

DannoMack
Aug 1, 2003

cm punk probably has a growth mindset like most people who excel in a given field

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

If I can wait 200 years for Bill & Ted 3, we can wait for CM Punk to go in the oblegon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch
I just want CM Punk to fight the loving green ranger, is that too much to ask?

• Locked thread