Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Willie Trombone
Feb 13, 2004

nogic posted:

So what should I do about soul shields now that the cap is 50? I'm 46 currently, should I try to put together one of the purple sets from Blackram Fleet/Mushin's Tower? Or just try to power through to level 50 and get a higher level soul shield?

edit: VVV would also like to know the below

To add to what Lyer said, the Balrok soul shield (easily obtained from the "field dungeon" in the top left of the Silverfrost Mountains, it's just a blue set) is only marginally worse than getting the average purple mix of Nightshade and Tower, and at this point it's probably not worth wasting tons of unsealing charms optimizing that set just to move past it, so you might want to save your charms and use that as your stepping stone instead. Despite what the story queues imply, you can just walk into the main city as soon as you get to the Silverfrost continent, and from there you can use the portals to the left at the entrance to get up to ice area and walk to the basin (the field dungeon). That being said, you won't even get experience from those enemies at first because they out level you that much, meaning it will be a difficult grind purely for soul shields if you head straight there, so you should try getting as far through the story as you can first (realistically you can probably get through all of the current story stuff using Moonwater Champion soul shield or whatever it's called with the green 7s and 8s from E. Fleet infused to ~40 critical each).

Once you do get experience from those enemies, though, you can focus the Heavies for the "kill 100" daily up there and get I think 34,200 experience on top of your quest experience each day, which will efficiently get you through your remaining levels.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LLeGGo
Nov 6, 2005

No relation. Your mouth foams. We dance.

Huge Spatula posted:

Is the clan on Mushin something still exists? No one talks on Discord and the people listed to message about invites are never valid targets for my tells.

Someone from the clan wanna give me (swiftlikesyrup) veteran or whatever needs for invites? I've been on fairly regularly for the past week more than most it seems.

ModeSix
Mar 14, 2009

LLeGGo posted:

Someone from the clan wanna give me (swiftlikesyrup) veteran or whatever needs for invites? I've been on fairly regularly for the past week more than most it seems.

If this doesn't work out, we can always set up a new clan I guess. I too have been trying to get an invite ever since we switched to blue side.

Unoriginal One
Aug 5, 2008
In addition to the above, much of the level 45 Naryu Labyrinth set is still effectively best in slot; the crit isn't that much less than the 50 purple dungeon shields, and they make up for it by having a disgustingly large edge in HP.

The general setup to shoot for these days is Scorpion 2, Yeti 3/5/7, and fill the other slots with Naryu.

Irony.or.Death
Apr 1, 2009

Willie Trombone posted:

To add to what Lyer said, the Balrok soul shield (easily obtained from the "field dungeon" in the top left of the Silverfrost Mountains, it's just a blue set) is only marginally worse than getting the average purple mix of Nightshade and Tower, and at this point it's probably not worth wasting tons of unsealing charms optimizing that set just to move past it, so you might want to save your charms and use that as your stepping stone instead. Despite what the story queues imply, you can just walk into the main city as soon as you get to the Silverfrost continent, and from there you can use the portals to the left at the entrance to get up to ice area and walk to the basin (the field dungeon). That being said, you won't even get experience from those enemies at first because they out level you that much, meaning it will be a difficult grind purely for soul shields if you head straight there, so you should try getting as far through the story as you can first (realistically you can probably get through all of the current story stuff using Moonwater Champion soul shield or whatever it's called with the green 7s and 8s from E. Fleet infused to ~40 critical each).

Once you do get experience from those enemies, though, you can focus the Heavies for the "kill 100" daily up there and get I think 34,200 experience on top of your quest experience each day, which will efficiently get you through your remaining levels.

You can't actually equip the Balrok set until 50 so I would advise against collecting it before you can get experience from the place. You'll pick up the entire set before 50 if you start after the story tapers off mid-49.

Willie Trombone
Feb 13, 2004

Irony.or.Death posted:

You can't actually equip the Balrok set until 50 so I would advise against collecting it before you can get experience from the place. You'll pick up the entire set before 50 if you start after the story tapers off mid-49.

Oh, yeah, that's right. I feel like such an idiot now haha... I still stand by trying to get through the story on the Moonwater set infused with crit, though.

latinotwink1997
Jan 2, 2008

Taste my Ball of Hope, foul dragon!

Anyone know when and where in the cinderlands that Hell Island event occurs? I heard it like Thursday, Saturday, Sunday at least. Or did they patch it?

revenance
Sep 7, 2003

can you hear the sleepless lullaby?

ModeSix posted:

If this doesn't work out, we can always set up a new clan I guess. I too have been trying to get an invite ever since we switched to blue side.

Yeah I haven't been able to get an invite in two weeks either.

Willie Trombone
Feb 13, 2004

I Own Soulz posted:

Anyone know when and where in the cinderlands that Hell Island event occurs? I heard it like Thursday, Saturday, Sunday at least. Or did they patch it?

I didn't do it myself so this is second-hand, but it's allegedly in the middle of the desert where you do normal world PvP stuff (you need a six-man party and 200 prestige or whatever -- I don't know -- to open up a portal) Thursday 8 PM – 11 PM, Saturday 7 PM – 11 PM, and Sunday 3 PM – 7 PM. It wasn't supposed to be released yet, so either it has been patched out or will soon be patched out. Also, I don't know what time zone those times are for.

Everyman
Jun 4, 2009

LLeGGo posted:

I promoted you so you should be able to invite now. I planned to stick around for new story content, but if you want someone more active in charge I can pass over guild lead as well.

LLeGGo
Nov 6, 2005

Everyman posted:

I promoted you so you should be able to invite now. I planned to stick around for new story content, but if you want someone more active in charge I can pass over guild lead as well.

I might as well take it, I'll be playing for a while longer.

If you need an invite on Mushin send one to swiftlikesyrup, I'm on often but have a 1 year old here so I'm not always paying attention.

LLeGGo fucked around with this message at 17:24 on Apr 7, 2016

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

So what do you do with your silverfrost valor stones? I have s poo poo ton of them from dailies and don't know of anything useful to spend them on.

Willie Trombone
Feb 13, 2004

Lyer posted:

So what do you do with your silverfrost valor stones? I have s poo poo ton of them from dailies and don't know of anything useful to spend them on.

I keep hearing people say they'll be used in clan crafting, but I don't actually know anything about that. Aside from the vendor, there's also the Northreach wheel of fate which gives naryu coins, naryu silvers, accessory experience jewels, and extravagant fragment pouches (and the "failure" which gives try-again tickets that give a stone back once you accumulate five of them). I'm guessing the wheel also has the same rare drop of the PvP arena quest scrolls as all the other wheels, but that's just speculation on my part. I'd say start taking the keys instead if you're nearing 1000 of any valor stone, though, 'cause you will use keys eventually, but 1000 valor stones is doubtful and it'd just be taking up useful inventory space at that point.

edit: Keys may actually be cheap enough that, depending on your needs, the spins on the wheel are worth more anyway... so you'll have to use your judgement there.

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

How active is the EU guild? Should I roll with a NA guild instead if I want to play with goons?

Kuai
May 25, 2004

Unoriginal One posted:

In addition to the above, much of the level 45 Naryu Labyrinth set is still effectively best in slot; the crit isn't that much less than the 50 purple dungeon shields, and they make up for it by having a disgustingly large edge in HP.

The general setup to shoot for these days is Scorpion 2, Yeti 3/5/7, and fill the other slots with Naryu.

Full Yeti is better and sets you up for the next update in terms of accuracy.

HP is kinda of worthless once you learn bosses.

LLeGGo
Nov 6, 2005

http://www.bladeandsoul.com/en/news/spring-treasure-trove-event/

Free chests daily for each character (lvl 36+). More able to be bought from HM store.

Good time to gear up a bit if you've been holding off because of grinding/price of mats. Soulstones currently dropping quickly on the marketplace.

latinotwink1997
Jan 2, 2008

Will there still be a way to buy soulstone pouches after this preseason ends? Like, get gold/plat/diamond? Or will there just be a ranking system? I've been trying my damnedest to get gold as a kfm and I briefly made it (7 destros in a row made it easy) but then quickly deranked and now have lots of beans I want to spend but can't (at least, not on the other stuff offered currently).

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

New content is coming out on the 27th too.

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Anyone on mushin able to throw me an invite? In as xunra

Leafy Wall
Oct 12, 2011
Could someone make a list of classes they'd suggest to someone that doesn't want to permanently maim their hand since they have carpal tunnel? Assassin was a mistake.

eggrolled
Mar 6, 2006

Probably not Force Master; mine's only mid 30s but to do ~max PVE damage~ I (think I'm supposed to) to alternate between RMB+LMB and mashing 1+2 appropriately to take advantage of burn, and each mouse click has its own separate cooldown, so that's 3 separate abilities to try and use any given time at the same time... I guess I'm getting old, but that wears on my hands pretty quick.

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

Maybe dragon call spec warlock? There's no animation canceling crap you have to do.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.
I love KFM, but I've switched to Warlock as my main because extended periods of playing set my wrists on fire. Also, ranged is always more effective than melee as in all MMOs ever, sadly

Warlock doesn't have animation cancelling needs but there is a lot of reaction-based GCD cramming in PVE dps, so it's not exactly an idle stoll. But it is less insane than the mouse button mash demanded by KFMs, destroyers, assassins, FMs, Summoners...

TheRationalRedditor fucked around with this message at 00:09 on Apr 15, 2016

LLeGGo
Nov 6, 2005

http://www.bladeandsoul.com/en/news/shattered-empire-overview-patch-notes/

A couple new dungeons, 6v6 pvp mode, and daily challenges. Also some xp boosts are nice if you're trying to cap a character.

Stalins Moustache
Dec 31, 2012

~~**I'm Italian!**~~
What professions should I take if I want to make a good buck? I took pottery along with tree-felling and and such earlier on my main and all I can do now is to make a moonwater pickaxe every day to earn 1.5 gold. Anything else I can take?

LLeGGo
Nov 6, 2005

https://www.reddit.com/r/bladeandsoul/comments/41pcon/professions_crafting_and_gathering_a_beginners/

You should probably go herbside and soul warden if you're looking to make gold. But honestly I can't speak to any other professions. I have prospectors union and a stockpile of poo poo that isn't used because one day it may be useful.

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.
So the OP hasn't been updated in three months or so, can anyone try to sum up what's been added or changed since then? One thing in particular that I'm curious about is what kind of gamepad support this has.

noveria
Feb 24, 2015

Stalins Moustache posted:

What professions should I take if I want to make a good buck? I took pottery along with tree-felling and and such earlier on my main and all I can do now is to make a moonwater pickaxe every day to earn 1.5 gold. Anything else I can take?

I think these are the best setups:

Potters/Wardens/Green Thumb/Treefeller - just continually spam request all of them and sell your excess mats since the good Pottery/SW stuff has such a long craft time, if you keep up the order spam while you're playing you'll always have more mats than you can actually use. I find the saps and soils tend to sell quickly. No big bucks unless you save up mega stacks, but it's something!

I have Radiant/Stone/Prospecter/Forgekeeper and it works largely only because I have an alt with the previous setup feeding me the necessary Refiners for gem pouch crafting. But I craft 1-2 Brilliant Hexagonal pouch per day and sell them for 8-9g (I don't bother opening because if you get a poo poo roll then you lose so much money), I sell the stacks of repair tools from Forgekeepers (they churn out quickly and even if they're not super pricy, they always sell fast). I also have good luck with selling the raw stones you can polish (granite, marble, etc) since some people buy them in huge batches to level their own RR (polishing only takes a few seconds - so people who have the funds just spam polish with mats bought from AH to raise their RR level because otherwise it's a long and garbage process to raise RR as their output before ranks 3-4 is not really going to net you anything good).

Also, depending how much you can spare the soulstones/how much soulstone prices currently are, Polished Marble sells for about 60s each. You need 8 soulstones to make 5 PM, so when soulstones are 25s it's still a profit of 1g per stack over outright selling your soulstones.

The highest weapons I can make with Forgekeepers are still kind of eh, I sell them for ~4g each but I found repair tools ended up working out better since they're always in demand while the weapons may take a day or two to sell.

...all that is to say, crafting isn't the greatest way to make money, it's just bits and pieces and making sure your gain will be more than what you have to put in. But it does add up and something's better than nothing, I guess.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
I started playing this last night and it's fun! The UI isn't as insane as some of the other Korean MMOs I've tried and the combat so far has been at least marginally engaging. I saw that an expansion type thing came out recently and another is planned for June 1st. Does any of that matter to new players?

LLeGGo
Nov 6, 2005

No, everything added so far has been to extend the story and add late game dungeons etc... June 1st does more of that and changes the upgrade path for end game weapons.

Also, if anyone is straight up done with this game go ahead and send mats and gold to swiftlikesyrup, you don't need that ish.

LLeGGo
Nov 6, 2005

Oh yea, June 1st will also add pets, for...reasons.

latinotwink1997
Jan 2, 2008

LLeGGo posted:

No, everything added so far has been to extend the story and add late game dungeons etc... June 1st does more of that and changes the upgrade path for end game weapons.

Also, if anyone is straight up done with this game go ahead and send mats and gold to swiftlikesyrup, you don't need that ish.

Whoa there, split it with dragoenix. I'm like 2 months from Scorpio

ShadowMoo
Mar 13, 2011

by Shine
Is there any active goon guild anymore? I need entertainment.

noveria
Feb 24, 2015

ShadowMoo posted:

Is there any active goon guild anymore? I need entertainment.

Not on Old Man Cho. I left after a couple weeks of being the only person I ever saw online and found a different guild since I didn't feel like rerolling to Mushin (Ceru outfits are gross!!).

Dunno about the other servers.

Edit:

LLeGGo posted:

Someone actually did this for me, but I still have no clue who they were. They added me out of the blue one day, but never logged onto their OMC char. Then suddenly I got a mail with some gold and their OMC char had been deleted. I assume I was the only OMC person on their FL or something, because that mail was literally the first time they spoke to me.

So, uh, if that was one of you guys, thanks?

noveria fucked around with this message at 14:48 on Jun 2, 2016

LLeGGo
Nov 6, 2005

It's essentially only me that logs on, at least in the guild, on Mushin. I've seen maybe 3 others very sporadically over the past month.

I still play because I like the story, love the combat, and my daughter loves making "ninya-man" run around. The grind is rough though, I should prob be HM10 with as much as I'm signed on, but just don't have the time to do as much as I should. Stuck at True Breeze 5 atm, cause gently caress frozen stingers.

nogic
Jul 6, 2002
Yeah I haven't played much lately but I logged in to do the new story stuff.

I really enjoy the combat and general gameplay but holy moley the grind is real. I actually found some helpful info recently on how to gear up at my level so at least I have a plan. I'm going to try to play a bit this week and see if I just get burned out again or not.

noveria
Feb 24, 2015

nogic posted:

Yeah I haven't played much lately but I logged in to do the new story stuff.

I really enjoy the combat and general gameplay but holy moley the grind is real. I actually found some helpful info recently on how to gear up at my level so at least I have a plan. I'm going to try to play a bit this week and see if I just get burned out again or not.

Yeah, I can't stand monotonous grind anymore so I'm progressing pretty slowly - I have alts despite how much the game seems to want you to not do that (seriously, they couldn't make dungeon currency account bound or something?) and I'm still only sitting at 425 AP on my main, despite making him on launch day, because I go through phases where all I do is arena or Mushin's Tower or something.

It helps to keep me from burning out, but it does suck knowing that I'm so far behind the general population. I just barely made it to Pirate before the cutoff, and a lot of that was just because I encountered a group of random, super-nice people via F8 who stuck with me and helped me farm the runs I needed all night.

But my friendslist is dropping like flies thanks to Overwatch + the grind + lag issues. Pretty much the only people still around are friends from other Asian MMOs, which doesn't surprise me.

On a non-complainy note: I am really, really loving Tower of Infinity, though. The training area is also extremely useful.

ShadowMoo
Mar 13, 2011

by Shine
Apparently there was a B&S tie-in mobile app in China.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8yoNlLa9Wto

noveria
Feb 24, 2015
For people still playing, remember to grab the free character slot in the F5 store right now for your Soul Fighter! There's also boosted XP - 50% from combat/dailies and 100% to crafting.

The free outfit you get for completing story mode will last until July 20, as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
I haven't played this game in awhile. How is the Soul Fighter? Worth coming back to check out?

• Locked thread