Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:

Establish the Buns

Molybdenum posted:

Do the kamigawa flip cards count for neglected heirlooms trigger? I'd say no but it'd be sweet if they did

No, kamigawa flip cards "flip"

Innistrad DFCs "transform"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005

Molybdenum posted:

Do the kamigawa flip cards count for neglected heirlooms trigger? I'd say no but it'd be sweet if they did

only the DFCs transform. Those flip.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

Balon posted:

When are we going to get a 1B - Instant - Destroy Target Planeswalker @ uncommon?

Why would you want this bad card printed, and if it was, why would you wanted it below rare where it clutters up draft as a 14th pick?

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

Entropic posted:

My main take-away from this is realizing just how boring the original dual land arts were.

Yeah they really do not look great on those playmats.

80s James Hetfield
Jan 20, 2004

METAL UP YOUR ASS

Entropic posted:

Why would you want this bad card printed, and if it was, why would you wanted it below rare where it clutters up draft as a 14th pick?

Nobody truly cares about the limited format, hth

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

80s James Hetfield posted:

limited is approximately 20 times better than constructed

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Nobody Everybody truly cares about the limited format, hth

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

Establish the Buns

I think you will find that limited is actually quite cool and good

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Yeah maybe when I could play Onslaught or Time Spiral

Mezzanon
Sep 16, 2003

Pillbug
Standard is pretty good right now because I'm currently sleeving up 4x goldnight castigators to try this r/u flyers deck.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

rabidsquid posted:

Yeah maybe when I could play Onslaught or Time Spiral

The worst thing about the modern flashback drafts is that it started a block too late, skipping past Onslaught, and that means I have to wait until next year to draft some Onslaught. I went infinite in a big way a few years ago when they last brought back Onslaught block draft. I didn't open any fetches in twenty drafts, so I never got anything of value, but I've got a lot of OLS packs waiting to be drafted. drat that format is fun when people don't take Clerics.

Speaking of things without value, a full set of Legions online is about six bucks. The most valuable card in the set is Plated Sliver, a common, at 1.5 tix.

Mouth Ze Dong
Jan 2, 2005

Aint no thing like me, 'cept me.

Salvor_Hardin posted:

That MonoU deck was super common on the MTGO standard queues over the weekend. Fortunately it rolls over to Fevered Visions. :twisted:

It beat 4 fevered Visions on stream this weekend.
3x prism charm in a mono colored deck turned opposing fevered Visions into raw card advantage.

80s James Hetfield
Jan 20, 2004

METAL UP YOUR ASS

Mezzanon posted:

Standard is pretty good right now because I'm currently sleeving up 4x goldnight castigators to try this r/u flyers deck.

Lots of cool brews are floating around. This one, the Blue Prism deck, SaffronOlives's latest Budget Magic deck (UW Clues), etc etc

InterrupterJones
Nov 10, 2012

Me and the boys on the way to kill another demon god
Hey mcmagic, isn't the 6th place UW Aggro list from ATL similar to the one you and your friends play tested and you posted a few hundred pages ago? It looks like a fun list and I'd like to play it. How would you wager are the match ups?

PleasantDirge
Sep 7, 2009
ASK ME ABOUT HOW NOT BEING A FUCKING ASSHOLE ON THE ROAD IS JUST LIKE BEING A JEW AT A NAZI GATHERING BECAUSE I CAN NOT UNDERSTAND HOW TO NOT BE A FUCKING ASSHOLE AND WHEN PEOPLE TREAT ME LIKE I'M A FUCKING ASSHOLE THAT IS JUST LIKE GENOCIDE

It gets better when you are not a bads at magic and we already knew that

Mezzanon
Sep 16, 2003

Pillbug

InterrupterJones posted:

Hey mcmagic, isn't the 6th place UW Aggro list from ATL similar to the one you and your friends play tested and you posted a few hundred pages ago? It looks like a fun list and I'd like to play it. How would you wager are the match ups?

The u/w flyers one?

InterrupterJones
Nov 10, 2012

Me and the boys on the way to kill another demon god

Mezzanon posted:

The u/w flyers one?

Yeah, it looks almost the same except no Always Watching or Ojutai.

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

Entropic posted:

My main take-away from this is realizing just how boring the original dual land arts were.

Those are just particularly bad scans or whatever. I have a Taiga playmat that's fantastic.

Mezzanon
Sep 16, 2003

Pillbug

InterrupterJones posted:

I e had decent success with the always watching version.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

Skyl3lazer posted:

Those are just particularly bad scans or whatever. I have a Taiga playmat that's fantastic.

Taiga is probably one of the better ones. I don't think anyone has ever really thought the art on Tundra or Savannah or Scrubland or Badlands was particularly good or interesting. Hell, it's hard to even tell Savannah and Scrubland apart at a glance.

Taiga, Volcanic Island, Tropical Island and Plateau are the only ones that don't look like bland washed-out blurs.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

InterrupterJones posted:

Which is kind of funny because I remember the entire hype for UW when the set came out being about that two-card combo.

DurdleDuck
Jul 17, 2013
Are there any Atlanta Goons in here? I just moved to Mableton and am looking for opinions on stores to go to. I'll play everything that's not Vintage (too poor) or Commander (too competitive).

I am looking for a store where I can play on a different day each week if I had to, for fun- I'm competitive, but I'd rather go to a place where people are chill and treat each other like normal human beings, than a store where we're all trying to next level scum each other.

I've been to Raven's Nest a few times and they seemed fine, are there any other good ones? Preferably close to Mableton. Bonus points if there are people that play Epic Card Game.

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe

Entropic posted:

Taiga is probably one of the better ones. I don't think anyone has ever really thought the art on Tundra or Savannah or Scrubland or Badlands was particularly good or interesting. Hell, it's hard to even tell Savannah and Scrubland apart at a glance.

Taiga, Volcanic Island, Tropical Island and Plateau are the only ones that don't look like bland washed-out blurs.

I have absolutely fetched a scrubland when I meant to fetch a savannah before, and couldn't take it back because the fetchland was able to get either one. That said, I did buy a savannah playmat from Rob Alexander at GP Charlotte. My friends insisted on the savannah because I play like playing g/w/x in every format and it does look better all blown up with less faded coloring. Another friend bought the Taiga mat and it does look pretty nice.

hey mom its 420
May 12, 2007

I don't know man, I like the art for pretty much all the original duals. It's very ... painterly.

Balon
May 23, 2010

...my greatest work yet.

Entropic posted:

Not all cards are printed for limited. There needs to be more ways to interact with planeswalkers in constructed formats. Currently we're seeing several decks in standard that just load the board up with walkers because it's near impossible to deal with more than 1 at a time.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Bonus posted:

I don't know man, I like the art for pretty much all the original duals. It's very ... painterly.

They're fine but they are also really washed out for large playmat purposes. I think UB, UR, UG, and BG are the only ones colorful enough for that purpose.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

So has Puca Trade just kinda stopped for anyone else in the last few weeks? I've had ~9k points for a week and I've gotten a Port Town and a foil Epochrasite in that time when in the week before that I got 8k worth of stuff sent to me.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

suicidesteve posted:

So has Puca Trade just kinda stopped for anyone else in the last few weeks? I've had ~9k points for a week and I've gotten a Port Town and a foil Epochrasite in that time when in the week before that I got 8k worth of stuff sent to me.

It slows down between standard releases.

For the love god don't keep 9k points on that site unless you are trying to hit the legacy lottery.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

Sickening posted:

It slows down between standard releases.

For the love god don't keep 9k points on that site unless you are trying to hit the legacy lottery.

I've never had that many points last more than a week and a half, never mind not move at all.

Either way even if the bottom drops out and points are suddenly worthless it's only $90.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

Balon posted:

Not all cards are printed for limited. There needs to be more ways to interact with planeswalkers in constructed formats. Currently we're seeing several decks in standard that just load the board up with walkers because it's near impossible to deal with more than 1 at a time.

There are two different three-mana spells that remove planeswalkers in the format, while also have the benefit of not being incredibly narrow and useless if your opponent just ends up on a creature beatdown plan this game. Planeswalkers can also be dealt with by attacking them with your own creatures.

Have Blue
Mar 27, 2013

Panther Like a Panther
In today's edition of :gary: drafts:

BR Boggarts

and

UW Millfolk

It's amazing what people pass.

e: I'm loving LRW. It's not as randomly complex as TSP block but the tribal interactions add enough nuance to keep creature heavy games interesting.

Have Blue fucked around with this message at 01:28 on Jun 7, 2016

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Jabor posted:

There are two different three-mana spells that remove planeswalkers in the format, while also have the benefit of not being incredibly narrow and useless if your opponent just ends up on a creature beatdown plan this game. Planeswalkers can also be dealt with by attacking them with your own creatures.

That last part becomes harder when those planeswalkers produce creatures and become creature at turn 3 and 4.

Imagine if red had a playable burn.

Alaan
May 24, 2005

I've also been kind of stuck, though only 70ish Bucks of pics points. No one wants to send me swords or jank equipment

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

Alaan posted:

I've also been kind of stuck, though only 70ish Bucks of pics points. No one wants to send me swords or jank equipment

And of course as soon as I say this, I move some stuff from my watch list over and I get a foil Brimaz and possibly a Japanese FBB Swords almost immediately.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Sickening posted:

That last part becomes harder when those planeswalkers produce creatures and become creature at turn 3 and 4.

Imagine if red had a playable burn.

We have shock at 2 mana! TWO MANA!

What more do you want?!

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

With any luck they'll just stop printing red and green cards entirely

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

rabidsquid posted:

This but white and green.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

you guys mean artifacts and lands, right

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

rabidsquid posted:

Outside of having a mana dork, green has gotten the best of nearly everything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Judd Stackington
Oct 27, 2015
http://www.mtggoldfish.com/deck/427603#online

The WU list mentioned actually looks nice. I'm in the market for my first Standard deck and I'm looking for something with a Pauper Delver/Aggro Control feel to it. Is this it?

• Locked thread