Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a cat on an apple
Apr 28, 2013

Help Im Alive posted:

The next hero should be a medkit with tiny legs

or maybe a map to show where the medkits actually are

god knows how many times I've ran in a building thinking that surely it has a medkit but no it's just EMPTY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
syringe man

you inject your teammates with drugs that enhance their performance

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
or maybe buttdrugs man

you post on TCC until one day you die in a movie theatre after recally ingesting too many buttdrugs

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Countblanc posted:

Every time I see a Lucio get a PotG without getting an environmental kill I'm extremely impressed. Note that I've probably seen this three times ever.

I've gotten two Lucio POTG for ult shutdowns (both were on an enemy Pharah), and one for just doing a simple aura amp up.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
drugs are illegal, this is why every character in overwatch is straight edge except widowmaker and reaper, who are villains

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Eonwe posted:

syringe man

you inject your teammates with drugs that enhance their performance

In the short dabblings I had with Loadout, my preferred method of healing/buffing was a shotgun that fired bouncy bouncy syringes. It was both effective for full hits, and useful for managing to actually get any healing done to wildly jumping and dive rolling teammates.

I would love a healing shotgun. Road Hog shove your protein shake into your gun instead of that ammo feed, see what happens.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Teikanmi posted:

Keep D.Va in the dumpster where she belongs, next to anything else Kpop related.

:frogout:

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Lucio's wall rides are great because style matters.

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.

a cat on an apple posted:

or maybe a map to show where the medkits actually are

god knows how many times I've ran in a building thinking that surely it has a medkit but no it's just EMPTY

look at this scrub who hasn't memorized all 185 medkit locations

a cat on an apple
Apr 28, 2013
surely there's not actually 185

I know like, 10, off the top of my head

the maps aren't even that big come on

LegoMan
Mar 17, 2002

ting ting ting

College Slice
I've been playing DV.A almost exclusively but she does need a bit of a boost. I think being able to move full speed while firing would be a nice start.

*edit* lately

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

LegoMan posted:

I've been playing DV.A almost exclusively but she does need a bit of a boost. I think being able to move full speed while firing would be a nice start.

*edit* lately

She just needs to not have the largest headshot hitbox in the game

a cat on an apple
Apr 28, 2013

Away all Goats posted:

She just needs to not have the largest headshot hitbox in the game

Yeah that should be Hanzo for sweet, sweet irony

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

LegoMan posted:

*edit* lately

Countblanc posted:

I think people who want to remove her movement penalty fail to realize how loving stupid and unfun playing against a 500 HP (nearly all of which is armor) character who can fly in, chase you down with 160+ dps weapon, and then fly away (pushing people out of the way if necessary) would be. If they remove her movement penalty they absolutely need to reduce her M1 damage, and at that point she's even more of a Winston and one of the two will just be completely redundant in the vast majority of situations. They need to adjust her in some other way - reduce falloff so she's better at killing barriers, make her cone more narrow so there's less spread and she rewards good tracking, etc. - if they don't want her to be really lame.

Countblanc posted:

Dva's weapon can also headshot unlike Winston's, meaning a 100% movement speed Dva chasing after you could realistically be doing 250-300 dps with good aim and tracking.

no

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Blizzard please remove Mei from the game. I'm sick of 5v7 games.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Yeah that should be Hanzo for sweet, sweet irony

make him wear one of those giant samurai helmets

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Zenyatta sounds like exactly the kind of support you guys want.

I have fun by being effective though

Doctor Reynolds posted:

Yes this

objects in mirror
Apr 9, 2016

by Shine
Man it's fun grouping with goons but I wish the system wouldn't so often put you up against teams that will stomp you hilariously (they often have a good Genji on their side) when you decide to stack up. Look we only stacked up because we want chill dudes to play with not because we want to coordinate all that much okay

LegoMan
Mar 17, 2002

ting ting ting

College Slice
Then at least make the falloff distance further away because the best way to avoid being killed by DV.A is "walk away"

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

So is there any scenario in which Genji is useful and where I wouldn't be better served by playing Tracer instead? I really want to like him but goddamn I am awful with him.

Thoughtless
Feb 1, 2007

Doesn't think, just types.

Spiritus Nox posted:

So is there any scenario in which Genji where I wouldn't be better served by playing Tracer instead? I really want to like him but goddamn I am awful with him.

Countering bad McCrees.

That's all.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Zarya is the best hero. My favorite is running into Dva and Junkrat Ultimates, putting shield on and a nearby ally and getting full beam strength instantly. It's very easy to get cocky with her as you can lose track of your health very fast (something I wish you could put on the crosshair along with ability cooldowns) but boy a good Zarya turns the tide of battle really well. As another hero I love it when a shield covers me, giving me invulnerability for a little bit.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Spiritus Nox posted:

So is there any scenario in which Genji is useful and where I wouldn't be better served by playing Tracer instead? I really want to like him but goddamn I am awful with him.

Yes, Genji is much better at dealing with turrets and Bastions than Tracer is short of Tracer using her ult.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Spiritus Nox posted:

So is there any scenario in which Genji where I wouldn't be better served by playing Tracer instead? I really want to like him but goddamn I am awful with him.

Genji is really strong on maps with lots of things to climb up, and also better against a few heroes like Bastion and Torbjorn than Tracer is. He's also much harder to be good with than Tracer is, like you said. His ult is a lot easier to get kills with though.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
LMBO at the people saying there should be a more skill oriented healer, conveniently forgetting about Zenyatta cause he's probably too hard for them to play.

That said, I think his M2 could use a buff to make it more appealing. There's not much incentive to use it over M1, and it's much harder to actually land. Maybe have it heal the team for each orb that hits.

Comedy option: make his charged orbs a loving grappling chain.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender
Minor update on the balance front.

Jeff Kaplan posted:

Regarding nerfs, we've already mentioned that we're looking at McCree's Fan the Hammer for a damage reduction and exploring opportunities to bump D.Va's effectiveness. McCree balance will come before D.Va balance (his change is more straight forward while D.Va is more complicated and also less of an issue).

http://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20745084899#post-4

Thoughtless
Feb 1, 2007

Doesn't think, just types.

gandlethorpe posted:

LMBO at the people saying there should be a more skill oriented healer, conveniently forgetting about Zenyatta cause he's probably too hard for them to play.

That said, I think his M2 could use a buff to make it more appealing. There's not much incentive to use it over M1, and it's much harder to actually land. Maybe have it heal the team for each orb that hits.

Zenyatta is luck oriented though. If there's a Widow on the enemy team, you lose. If not, you win.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Countblanc posted:

Genji is really strong on maps with lots of things to climb up, and also better against a few heroes like Bastion and Torbjorn than Tracer is. He's also much harder to be good with than Tracer is, like you said. His ult is a lot easier to get kills with though.

His shuriken are just so goddamn cumbersome. The weird rate of fire, the travel time - I can't hit the broadside of a barn with the drat things.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Removing D.Va's head hitbox is apparently a difficult task.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

gandlethorpe posted:

Comedy option: make his charged orbs a loving grappling chain.

I swear a fully charged M2 does less damage than just firing M1 twice. Probably just missing with most of my orbs though.

I wouldn't mind seeing it buffed, like allowing you to hold the charge indefinitely and/or having all orbs fire and converge at once, instead of the sort of scattered fire they do now.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Away all Goats posted:

I swear a fully charged M2 does less damage than just firing M1 twice. Probably just missing with most of my orbs though.

Zen M1 does 45, his M2 does 35 per orb. You also can't re-harmony/discord things while charging it. It's bad.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Yeah, Zen's M2 technically can be really strong is very limited circumstances (mostly like "a bastion is set up') but even there it kinda sucks because you're either charging in line of sight of a Bastion (and thus should die) or you're losing your discord orb because you're hiding behind a wall.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Doctor Reynolds posted:

Actually instead make every character Mei.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
M2 still fires 5 shots when you're on one ammo afaik (unless thats been changed), that's kind of the main use for it I think.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

zen charges way too slow tbh

it's like fanning the hammer if fanning the hammer was bad

im gay
Jul 20, 2013

by Lowtax
i had a game where i hooked a guy while reinhert charged someone. it made the hook super long but he still came back to me 10 seconds later.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Zoness posted:

M2 still fires 5 shots when you're on one ammo afaik (unless thats been changed), that's kind of the main use for it I think.

Nobody should ever empty an entire clip of orbs, seeing as you should never be in the enemy's LoS long enough.

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
I hope the next healer is just widowmaker/hanzo that passively heals the team whenever they miss a shot so pubbies actually become loving useful for a change

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

acumen posted:

so pubbies actually become loving useful for a change

That still won't happen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
loving pubbies