Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fox Ironic
Jul 19, 2012

by exmarx

Zeroisanumber posted:

I'll :toxx: for Hillary because I believe that she hates the pack of cocksuckers who run the GOP as much as I do, and I don't think that she'll get stomped over and over looking for a non-existent bipartisan dream like Obama did.

DolphinCop posted:

i feel good about being on the right side of history

Ghetto Prince posted:

I toxxed for Obama because I believe in him; I'll :toxx: for Hillary because I believe she can gently caress people up. Seriously, that women has been attacked by these punks for longer than I've been alive and I can't wait to see what she does when the shoe is on the other foot.

Basically these are the reasons I toxxed for Hilldawg.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MC Nietzche
Oct 26, 2004

by exmarx

Figure 1: The last thing Donald Trump will see on this Earth.

EmperorFritoBandito
Aug 7, 2010

by exmarx
Hey I'm here to :toxx: for the Hillbeast maiming Trump like a dingo finding a helpless baby

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
Step 1: Hillary crushes Donny Boy like a tin can, Democrats take back Senate
Step 2: Gut the filibuster rules
Step 3: Pour legislative boiling oil down the throats of every Republican

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
https://twitter.com/AP/status/739975278483656705

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

When Hillary crushes the golden turd in November, can we get a special gang tag for everyone with the sack to Toxx before the convention?

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

So let's say Hillary wins (probable) and Obama subsequently withdraws his Garland nomination. Assuming Obama holds off on another nomination until Clinton takes office, who does she select for the bench?

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
It didn't take sack, just a basic grasp of mathematics

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Vox Nihili posted:

So let's say Hillary wins (probable) and Obama subsequently withdraws his Garland nomination. Assuming Obama holds off on another nomination until Clinton takes office, who does she select for the bench?

Cornel West.

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

'loving biased media is gonna call it for Hillary before the CA polls close'

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Vox Nihili posted:

Karl Marx.

mrmcd posted:

When Hillary crushes the golden turd in November, can we get a special gang tag for everyone with the sack to Toxx before the convention?

Mine better say "Dragged Kicking and Screaming to the YAAAS QUEEN"

Mrit
Sep 26, 2007

by exmarx
Grimey Drawer

Slate Action posted:

Step 1: Hillary crushes Donny Boy like a tin can, Democrats take back Senate
Step 2: Gut the filibuster rules
Step 3: Pour legislative boiling oil down the throats of every Republican

Can we use real oil instead?

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
First one then the other. Then more real oil.

Ivor Biggun
Apr 30, 2003

A big "Fuck You!" from the Keyhole nebula

Lipstick Apathy

Vox Nihili posted:

Justice Barack Hussein Obama II.

Ivor Biggun
Apr 30, 2003

A big "Fuck You!" from the Keyhole nebula

Lipstick Apathy

Mrit posted:

Can we use real oil instead?

Molten gold would be more poetic.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
A bunch of my friends are complaining about the AP calling the race tonight. One of them even said he was going to support Trump now that Bernie is done. The rest just repeated their hatred of Hillary.

Meanwhile, I train for my Clinton 2016 fellowship this weekend. :hellyeah:

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Yoshifan823 posted:

A bunch of my friends are complaining about the AP calling the race tonight. One of them even said he was going to support Trump now that Bernie is done. The rest just repeated their hatred of Hillary.

Meanwhile, I train for my Clinton 2016 fellowship this weekend. :hellyeah:

It's really dumb of the AP to call the race tonight, especially when the decisive outcome is coming tomorrow. The Clinton campaign seemed upset, though not nearly as much as the Sanders people.

Sort of casts a pall over the whole primary tomorrow.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Vox Nihili posted:

It's really dumb of the AP to call the race tonight, especially when the decisive outcome is coming tomorrow. The Clinton campaign seemed upset, though not nearly as much as the Sanders people.

Sort of casts a pall over the whole primary tomorrow.

I mean, I agree that it was dumb of them, and I wish they had waited until tomorrow, but they're only confirming what everyone has known for a week.

If you genuinely think that Hillary isn't the presumptive nominee, then you either think Sanders is gonna get a blowout win tomorrow that puts him ahead in the delegate count, Sanders is going to convince enough super delegates to switch their votes to him that he has more delegates at the convention, or that Hillary is going to be indicted, which is basically saying that you hope you win the lottery. I don't think this helps the Clinton campaign any, certainly, but the end result isn't gonna change any.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Clinton's upsetness was probably more about how if somehow in Cali a bunch of her supporters decide gently caress it it's over and she winds up losing in a squeaker she's going to personally Vince Foster whoever in AP released that story.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Yoshifan823 posted:

I mean, I agree that it was dumb of them, and I wish they had waited until tomorrow, but they're only confirming what everyone has known for a week.

If you genuinely think that Hillary isn't the presumptive nominee, then you either think Sanders is gonna get a blowout win tomorrow that puts him ahead in the delegate count, Sanders is going to convince enough super delegates to switch their votes to him that he has more delegates at the convention, or that Hillary is going to be indicted, which is basically saying that you hope you win the lottery. I don't think this helps the Clinton campaign any, certainly, but the end result isn't gonna change any.

I agree the whole thing is illusory, but that's been true for weeks. The media rush to MAKE THE CALL FIRST is maddening.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Clinton's upsetness was probably more about how if somehow in Cali a bunch of her supporters decide gently caress it it's over and she winds up losing in a squeaker she's going to personally Vince Foster whoever in AP released that story.

My wife and I area still voting for her tomorrow for that exact reason.

Both of our brothers are bernout's and holy poo poo have they been massive assholes via text messages after that AP story dropped.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Tatum Girlparts posted:

I'm glad the best word filter is still around.

Bear Throne
Apr 9, 2014
This is an easy win, might as well.

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Yoshifan823 posted:

Everyone has known for months. So what they're doing is trying to scoop the actual election for no loving reason other than being first. It would be like if on election eve 2012 they ran a story at 8:00pm that Obama was going to win the election. Yes, it is accurate and anyone following the race knew that it was going to happen. It's still wrong, and quite frankly, morally repugnant. Wait until the votes are cast or at the very least give your rear end in a top hat statement of fact a week or three before the election.

We've known that Hillary was going to be the nominee since around the same time we knew Obama was going to be the nominee in '08. We also knew that there was no way the Super Delegates were going to over rule the entire primary season up to this point and give it to the candidate with less pledged delegates, who had lost. Call it when New Jersey closes it's polls, or wait until California votes. Don't come out 12 hours before the election with some old rear end news repackaged just to poo poo all over anyone coming out to vote tomorrow.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
I might not agree with her 100% of the time, but I'm ready to watch Hilary get an insane number of electoral college votes, but not be able to do anything because the DNC local chapters loving suck and will barely be take advantage for the local races.

:toxx:

EDIT: I'll still laugh if she loses the popular vote for the primary to Bernie :laugh:

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

The Glumslinger posted:

I might not agree with her 100% of the time, but I'm ready to watch Hilary get an insane number of electoral college votes, but not be able to do anything because the DNC local chapters loving suck and will barely be take advantage for the local races.

:toxx:

EDIT: I'll still laugh if she loses the popular vote for the primary to Bernie :laugh:

Bernie's down by 3mil last I checked.

e_angst
Sep 20, 2001

by exmarx

DemeaninDemon posted:

Bernie's down by 3mil last I checked.

Yea, Bernie would have to win California by 30 points with a nearly 100% voter turnout (higher than ever in a primary election) for him to even come close to winning the popular vote.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

e_angst posted:

Yea, Bernie would have to win California by 30 points with a nearly 100% voter turnout (higher than ever in a primary election) for him to even come close to winning the popular vote.

Well, it was a lot funnier in my poorly informed head :colbert:

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

The Glumslinger posted:

Well, it was a lot funnier in my poorly informed head :colbert:

Thank you for submitting to mandatory reeducation.

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008
Addressing a crowd of supporters at a midnight victory rally Monday, Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton credited her triumph to the baleful, pitch-black tide of fate from which no man, woman, or child could ever hope to escape. “Our victory today is proof that the floodgates of history have opened, and the dire, unremitting current of inevitability has been loosed on the helpless masses,” said Clinton, bidding voters to surrender themselves to the advancing and all-consuming veil of destiny before its icy, ink-dark gloom laid waste to all who dared resist. “Do not attempt to flee or hide, for the stygian waters I have unleashed upon this earth will sweep along all in their path. Those who stand with me shall ride the crest of this woeful tidal bore all the way through November and unto the very steps of the White House itself. And let any who would try to stem this mighty surge be borne under the dark-winged waters, where their pleas for mercy will go unheard by the world, stifled and subdued forevermore.” At press time, Clinton was reminding supporters there was still plenty of work ahead to secure a win in California tomorrow.

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx
bring me death madame president bring me darkness

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Vox Nihili posted:

Obama won't withdraw Garland's nomination because it would look like he used a good man and talented jurist as a part of a cynical political ploy. If Hillary wins, I expect that the GOP will continue to obstruct until the next congress is sworn in. There's the off-chance that they'll confirm him, but I doubt it. They've been stuck on "fling yourself to the ground while screaming and making GBS threads your pants" as a political strategy for so long that I think they'll keep it up out of habit.

As for who she'd pick, I don't know. The three indicators to look for beyond talent are: young-ish, minority, and liberal as all get out.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Hillary Clinton is a good candidate. I will happily vote for her on my birthday, November 8th 2016. Her presidency will be my birthday gift.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Zeroisanumber posted:

Obama won't withdraw Garland's nomination because it would look like he used a good man and talented jurist as a part of a cynical political ploy. If Hillary wins, I expect that the GOP will continue to obstruct until the next congress is sworn in. There's the off-chance that they'll confirm him, but I doubt it. They've been stuck on "fling yourself to the ground while screaming and making GBS threads your pants" as a political strategy for so long that I think they'll keep it up out of habit.

As for who she'd pick, I don't know. The three indicators to look for beyond talent are: young-ish, minority, and liberal as all get out.

No, the day after the election Garland will be fast tracked. They aren't going to roll the dice and hope Hillary doesn't appoint a Notorious RBG 2.0. Garland is their best case replacement for Scalia and they know it.

Hillary's 5 minute long cackle to start her victory speech is going to light a fire under the Senate GOP to get what they can from Obama in the lame duck Congress.

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

Gyges posted:

Hillary's 5 minute long cackle to start her victory speech

Something like this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jgflCE7zRpc

Also, this is my official :toxx: for Hillary. I already did it for the primary, and I'm one of the few people in my friend groups who actually likes Hillary, so it's somehow become part of my identity.

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

REMIND ME AGAIN HOW THE LITTLE HORSE-SHAPED ONES MOVE?

trapped mouse posted:

Something like this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jgflCE7zRpc

Also, this is my official :toxx: for Hillary. I already did it for the primary, and I'm one of the few people in my friend groups who actually likes Hillary, so it's somehow become part of my identity.

There's a lot more people who like Hillary than a brief browse of the internet would suggest. Partially this is because her strongest demographics (low-income people, minorities, and women) are exactly the demographics that are most poorly represented online, and partly that's because those demographics tend to get shouted down a lot. The prevailing narrative for a long time was "Hillary only has cynical oligarchs and deluded sheep following her, nobody actually likes her," which is preposterous on the face of it. But if you wish to position yourself as a follower of the Only Logical Candidate, you have to minimize the real reasons some people support your opponent. And of course if you live in the Right Wing Outrageosphere, it's simply impossible to grasp the concept of someone legitimately desiring obvious Satanic vagina-witch Shrillary Killaton as president.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
It also tends to include demographics which are non-confrontational aboit politics compared to others.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Pick posted:

It also tends to include demographics which are non-confrontational aboit politics compared to others.

Yeah, my wife isn't confrontational at all yet is easily the biggest Hillary supporter I've ever seen.

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
I like Hillary and Sanders. So um I guess shoot me?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smg77
Apr 27, 2007

DemeaninDemon posted:

I like Hillary and Sanders. So um I guess shoot me?

ur a monster

• Locked thread