Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

Are these Aurodium Data packs worth a drat, or should I save my crystals for the pack with a guaranteed character drop?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Don't buy them unless you're going to spend $250 on them. The packs lately haven't been very good but hey, you never know. Maybe the ewok packs will come back.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

What are people spending their Cantina currency on now? I have every maxed that is worth a drat from there and I've got about 5k worth of the coins banked up at this point. I mean I guess I could max Poe but that might just spending to spend.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

MarcusSA posted:

What are people spending their Cantina currency on now? I have every maxed that is worth a drat from there and I've got about 5k worth of the coins banked up at this point. I mean I guess I could max Poe but that might just spending to spend.

QGJ > Daka > Fives > HR Scout > Ahsoka? I might work on Boba in case Scoundrels happens ever, or First Order Officer in case FO squads get buffed or something.

e: Also Poe could get good again, you never know.

Wintermutant
Oct 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum
Speaking of dispelling, I've been working on Rex for that role. Is he decent, or is there anyone else recommended instead? Trying to stay as close to F2P on this game as possible, so the new Droid is likely not an option.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Wintermutant posted:

Speaking of dispelling, I've been working on Rex for that role. Is he decent, or is there anyone else recommended instead? Trying to stay as close to F2P on this game as possible, so the new Droid is likely not an option.

Ewok Elder (hard and guild coins), Admiral Ackbar (Arena), and Barriss (HM, Cantina) are the only free people who dispel. Barriss only dispels Jedi, and it's a random chance.

Halverine
May 26, 2004

Endsay ookhay
I dropped some cash and now have a 7* B2.

He is niche but powerful against evade and other buff teams. His turn metre gain is glorious when it goes off and helps make even the best evaders sitting ducks. You really have to prioritise levelling his abilities.

Pretty sturdy, seems to have decent amount of health but does no damage.

I mainly got him due to struggling the last few times to clear GW. He loving destroys Lumi lead teams which there are plenty of.

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Level 8 is 5 Royal Guards and a Palpatine. Don't bother without ST Han and make sure he has enough juice to go first at the end of L7.

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
Game wants me to level dudes for a lovely event with lovely rewards that might only run once every three months.

Nope. These dudes suck outside of this event.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

cowofwar posted:

Game wants me to level dudes for a lovely event with lovely rewards that might only run once every three months.

I'm sure sometime next year I'll have these dudes leveled but not anytime soon that's for sure.

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003

cowofwar posted:

ST Han, Fives, and Ackbar are all solid units that can be justified investing in, and some people like HRS. That just leaves one bad choice or whale slot to fill. Still a lovely design principle, but it could be worse.

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
Hmmm which of these lovely troopers with the same worthless minigun spam aoe should i pick? How about none.

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

Halverine posted:

I dropped some cash and now have a 7* B2.

He is niche but powerful against evade and other buff teams. His turn metre gain is glorious when it goes off and helps make even the best evaders sitting ducks. You really have to prioritise levelling his abilities.

Pretty sturdy, seems to have decent amount of health but does no damage.

I mainly got him due to struggling the last few times to clear GW. He loving destroys Lumi lead teams which there are plenty of.

How much did you spend on him?

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

cowofwar posted:

Hmmm which of these lovely troopers with the same worthless minigun spam aoe should i pick? How about none.
Not the one with 20% max potency, that's for sure!

But seriously: Lando

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Lando/Fives/Ackbar/ST Han/HRS are all units I want to have eventually, although I won't be able to have and level them all up for this event.

My next project is a lovely f2p rebel team that's going to be Lando/Ackbar/ST Han/HRS/??? anyways.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
Took a shot at the new event. I got to the final round before getting pecked to death by the royal guards, but I feel it's totally doable with my current team. You definitely need ST Han, and you probably also need Ackbar lead. The rest of my team was a high geared fives, a reasonable Luke, and a severly underlevelled Biggs. I'll be getting 7* on both Fives and Ackbar tomorrow, so we'll see how things go.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Did the join a guild achievement give a lot of crystals or did I pocket buy 200 crystals because I have about 200 unaccounted for crystals since the other day

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

rabidsquid posted:

Did the join a guild achievement give a lot of crystals or did I pocket buy 200 crystals because I have about 200 unaccounted for crystals since the other day

It gave 100, I think.

Halverine
May 26, 2004

Endsay ookhay

Slightly Toasted posted:

How much did you spend on him?

Maybe AU$200 in iTunes cards? But I paid around $160 because Officeworks sells the cards 20% all the time.

I got a bunch of RG, Sun Fac and IG-86 shards, I've been working on them so it was worth it. Got 40 Wedge shards too but... meh.

oops wrong forum
May 21, 2002

heh, you think you can withstand the power of my solarbeam?

Davethulhu posted:

Took a shot at the new event. I got to the final round before getting pecked to death by the royal guards, but I feel it's totally doable with my current team. You definitely need ST Han, and you probably also need Ackbar lead. The rest of my team was a high geared fives, a reasonable Luke, and a severly underlevelled Biggs. I'll be getting 7* on both Fives and Ackbar tomorrow, so we'll see how things go.

I finished this with 6* lvl 70 AA Lead, 7* 80 STHan, 7* 80 Fives, 6* 70 Luke and comedy 3* Biggs. Omega'd Fives is the star of the show for the last match, the 4 RGs are super annoying but he took them all down little by little while I plinked Palpatine down with Luke and AA, STHan went down to Palpatine's first shot. You get 10 Vader shards and 5000 Ally points for finishing, not too shabby

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

oops wrong forum posted:

I finished this with 6* lvl 70 AA Lead, 7* 80 STHan, 7* 80 Fives, 6* 70 Luke and comedy 3* Biggs. Omega'd Fives is the star of the show for the last match, the 4 RGs are super annoying but he took them all down little by little while I plinked Palpatine down with Luke and AA, STHan went down to Palpatine's first shot. You get 10 Vader shards and 5000 Ally points for finishing, not too shabby

You motivated me to give it another go. Managed to finish it after 5-6 more tries. Team was 6* lvl 70 Ackbar, 6* lvl 80 Fives, 7* lvl 72 Han, 6* lvl 70 Luke, and 5* lvl 50 Biggs. Biggs died on the way and Palpy killed Han, the rest survived.

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012
I got to the 4tg round with only fives being above level 70 it sounds like even if I pack on the levels my team will still be to weak due to low star levels. 4* rex and luke did manage to hold out to see Vader crush them though (both level 65). Poor 45ish Biggs and clone trooper git destroyed in the second round.

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Motel Midnight off the hook
Cool that we got another droid. What's the chance of getting the character from the Aurodium Card rather than just shards?

two_step
Sep 2, 2011

Disco De Soto posted:

Cool that we got another droid. What's the chance of getting the character from the Aurodium Card rather than just shards?

Supposedly about 1/10

Halverine
May 26, 2004

Endsay ookhay

two_step posted:

Supposedly about 1/10

Sounds pretty close to the rate I experienced. 3 drops of the full character in about 30 packs.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

EA_Jesse posted:

Starting June 12th there will be an event in game that runs until June 14th. This limited time event will require you to have a squad of female characters, with the minimum being just 1 female character to participate, but it will make it a little more difficult to win if that one character isn't higher level and geared up. You will also need to be at least level 25 to take part in this event.

In other words, get your Rey out.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Malgrin posted:

Rey, Berris, Lumi, Ashoka, phasma Reporting in.

I've pretty much leveled all the female characters.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Malgrin posted:

My Rey is always out and flying free.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

Tagichatn posted:

My Rey is always out and flying free.

Yeah. G9 7* Rey goes in anything you can put her in. But then Daka, Phasma, and Lumi are solid as hell anyway.

Whatever this event ends up being I'll be more prepared for it than I was for anything else at its start.

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

4/6 of my ladies at or above 70 are healy types. They should just make it a healing challenge.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
Hopefully 4 70~ 6/7 star G8~ ladies can carry my level 60 talia to the highest tier of this event. Rey, Lumi, Daka, Phasma will do the work i hope

General Probe
Dec 28, 2004
Has this been done before?
Soiled Meat
Is anyone still adding goons to the Goongan group?

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice

General Probe posted:

Is anyone still adding goons to the Goongan group?

We were full so I booted someone who hadn't logged in for 20+ days. I sent you an ally request and I'll add you to the guild.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010
We also have one space open in IGD.

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

I love that I have an erection...

...that doesn't involve homeless people.

Malgrin posted:

We also have one space open in IGD.

^^I'm level 57 right now, so I'd be the lowest, but if you'll have me I'm in^^

There are a lot of people without a guild. Should we maybe start a fourth one?

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

MichiganCubbie posted:

^^I'm level 57 right now, so I'd be the lowest, but if you'll have me I'm in^^

There are a lot of people without a guild. Should we maybe start a fourth one?

If people are looking for a guild we have like 3 or 4 slots open and 2 or 3 inactive people to boot here at QGJ. I just figured everyone was already in guilds by now.

Ahdinko
Oct 27, 2007

WHAT A LOVELY DAY
Id like to get into one of the guilds but i only just started playing and am a lowly level 36, can i still do guild things? I applied to QGJ

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
You want to join the guild that is doing the raid in which you can actually participate so it's fun and so you can get rewards. IGD is doing tier VI which means you should have at least one full squad of level 80 all >= 6*.

QGJ is running tier V which requires >= 5* toons.

Not sure what GGA is doing but probably also tier V.

cowofwar fucked around with this message at 02:15 on Jun 7, 2016

UrbanLabyrinth
Jan 28, 2009

When my eyes were stabbed by the flash of a neon light
That split the night
And touched the sound of silence

College Slice

cowofwar posted:

You want to join the guild that is doing the raid in which you can actually participate so it's fun and so you can get rewards. IGD is doing tier VI which means you should have at least one full squad of level 80 all >= 6*.

QGJ is running tier V which requires >= 5* toons.

Not sure what GGA is doing but probably also tier V.

Tier IV at the moment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

I love that I have an erection...

...that doesn't involve homeless people.

Jibo posted:

If people are looking for a guild we have like 3 or 4 slots open and 2 or 3 inactive people to boot here at QGJ. I just figured everyone was already in guilds by now.

I sent you an ally invite, Jibo. Figured that was the easiest way to get guild access. Let me know if you'd rather I did it differently.