Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

If you're going crit melee I would rather be a Juggernaut than any Shadow ascendancy right now. Abyssus is huge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
Should I sell my abyssus for all the chaoses or just start charging myself?

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

I sold an Abyssus for 40 chaos last night if they're still hilariously overpriced I'd sell it and buy one later when they're under 10.

E: It was 180% crit multi 50% more damage taken so like really bad rolls too.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Ultima66 posted:

I sold an Abyssus for 40 chaos last night if they're still hilariously overpriced I'd sell it and buy one later when they're under 10.

E: It was 180% crit multi 50% more damage taken so like really bad rolls too.

179 42

Edit: sold instantly for 46.

Jusupov fucked around with this message at 19:42 on Jun 6, 2016

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
What's the point of tempests?

Telarra
Oct 9, 2012

Doctor Goat posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_yOZ-rikMz8

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

By the way has anyone done the Pale Council yet? I finished the quest line to get 1 key last night and died to that boss in a T2 map because my character still sucks right now. How tough is the council fight and are the rewards worth it?

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Ultima66 posted:

By the way has anyone done the Pale Council yet? I finished the quest line to get 1 key last night and died to that boss in a T2 map because my character still sucks right now. How tough is the council fight and are the rewards worth it?

It one shot some hc shield charger dude. Video is up on reddit somewhere. Lots of target switching it looks like. With stuff all over the place to damage you

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

Doctor Goat posted:

"Free" increased rarity and quantity. From the current prophecy list there is only one bad one (Morbid Tempest), but at least there isn't tempest suffixes.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
Yikes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7Q1a377Oew

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Yeah... gently caress that poo poo

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

As someone who hasn't played in years where do I start on finding out the value of items?

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

rath posted:

poetrading.jpg

I'll have 6 level 20 lacerates in a week

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Zotix posted:

As someone who hasn't played in years where do I start on finding out the value of items?

http://poe.trade/

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
Hm, guess I missed an awful lot of the Slayer changes. Gonna have to give that a go later on then!

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

im not gonna be able to do the coc part of my cock pun name if these freaking lioneyes fall prices dont come down

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
Just use blast rain and a 2C quill rain, I've seen multiple sources say that the skill is currently bugged and can't miss.

Certainly during my own play I've never noticed it missing.

MerrMan
Aug 3, 2003

gonadic io posted:

Just use blast rain and a 2C quill rain, I've seen multiple sources say that the skill is currently bugged and can't miss.

Certainly during my own play I've never noticed it missing.

No poo poo? I might have to check that out tonight.

Lioneye's Fall is the gem, though, that you can put to good use on some staff nodes in the top left of the tree. It's going for 1ex+ which I was not at all prepared for.

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=

MerrMan posted:

Lioneye's Fall is the gem, though, that you can put to good use on some staff nodes in the top left of the tree. It's going for 1ex+ which I was not at all prepared for.

If you can verify either way I'd absolutely love to know. I've seen some people suggest methods like LGoH and Vaal Pact to be 100% sure how many shots hit a stationary target.

And yes, I was getting Lioneye's Fall mixed up with Lioneye's Glare whoops.

megalodong
Mar 11, 2008

Buying goldrim prophecies for 1c and selling the goldrim for 6c is nice. Same with the facebreaker ones.

Small stuff but still.

Also what are good masters for a caster person? I've always played bow/melee people before so I'd usually have tora, haku, elreon and zana.

Thinking still haku because his crafts are good in general, elreon, but then who? Catarina? I've got vagan atm just because of the potential money from his stuff.

megalodong fucked around with this message at 23:30 on Jun 6, 2016

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Today when I started, I was piss broke. Like 2 chaos and a fusing broke.

I did merciless prophecies until I had a few good ones pop (corrupting tempest, double enchant, strongboxes) and then I sold those off to buy a 5L Kingsguard. Then I had an exalted orb, a tabula and a high rolled binos drop. But poe.trade has been down and won't be up for awhile.

The RNG gods giveth, the RNG gods taketh away.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

megalodong posted:

Buying goldrim prophecies for 1c and selling the goldrim for 6c is nice. Same with the facebreaker ones.

Small stuff but still.

Also what are good masters for a caster person? I've always played bow/melee people before so I'd usually have tora, haku, elreon and zana.

Thinking still haku because his crafts are good in general, elreon, but then who? Catarina? I've got vagan atm just because of the potential money from his stuff.

I spent 2 loving hours trying to fulfill a goldrim prophecy so gently caress that.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

MerrMan posted:

No, the 1ex listings are way overpriced. They were like 15c early in the league, jumped to 20-25c pretty quickly and now people are just buying and relisting poo poo dumbly. There was one listed for a bit at like 15 ex.

They were like 3c at the end of last league at most.

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

"yes James. Remove that from my presence. It... Offends me" *sips overpriced wine*
Is a mid-high rolled pyre ring worth 3c or is that just early league price gouging on poe.trade. I got one and need some cash.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

yeah i was expecting to pay about 5c for one in the first week or two. not much i can do about it though since i havent seen one listed under an ex for the last two days

J
Jun 10, 2001

Vasudus posted:

But poe.trade has been down and won't be up for awhile.

The RNG gods giveth, the RNG gods taketh away.

The effect of poe.trade being down is so goddamn noticeable every time it happens. GGG cannot possibly bake that functionality into the game soon enough. I'm sure they are probably working on it, but still.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

J posted:

The effect of poe.trade being down is so goddamn noticeable every time it happens.
what are the signs of trade being down?

other than probably increased chat in the trade channel i have never opened once

megalodong
Mar 11, 2008

WTS <stale link> <stale link> <stale link> <some lovely rare for 1ex> <stale link> <chitus' plum> <the entire god drat contents of all my stash tabs>

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Using neversink's loot filter. What does the size of the loot box mean on each item? I had boots drop and the box was noticeably bigger than everything else.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

Zotix posted:

Using neversink's loot filter. What does the size of the loot box mean on each item? I had boots drop and the box was noticeably bigger than everything else.

Usually bigger = better. If you're talking about Sorceror Boots he made those blow up really big and play an annoying sound when they drop because you should chance orb all your white Sorceror boots to try to get Skyforths.

Focacciasaurus_Rex
Dec 13, 2010

Ultima66 posted:

Usually bigger = better. If you're talking about Sorceror Boots he made those blow up really big and play an annoying sound when they drop because you should chance orb all your white Sorceror boots to try to get Skyforths.

Or just use the prophecy that guarantees you get a unique item from a white. :ssh:

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

It was blue shoes.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

might have been a 4 link in a low level zone or something like that

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Yeah, Neversink's item highlighting on white/blue items scales by map level. By the time you get to mapping, you'll see no blue or white items outside of RGB/6L/good crafting bases.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Game's been unplayable stuttery bullshit since the last patch. I've tried with and without vsync. I've tried changing servers. That's just chillin in my Vaganhaus and far from the worst it gets. Those lines were loving flat from December til yesterday.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

Yolomon Wayne posted:

How much damage did you spec in the tree?
I can melt packs without problems but bosses are painfully slow to burn down.

I swap out aoe and swap in conc effect, that burns bosses down pretty quickly though add-less bosses are a major weak point (I couldn't get atziri down before walking into a flameblast for example). For reference merc Izaro died in 2-3 of those discharges at 80

I'm honestly so close to RF I might try speccing into some more regen (think I'm like 1% off sustain). Then again I can also buy a 2nd doryani's and see where the damage train stops

Hauki
May 11, 2010

dis astranagant posted:

Game's been unplayable stuttery bullshit since the last patch. I've tried with and without vsync. I've tried changing servers. That's just chillin in my Vaganhaus and far from the worst it gets. Those lines were loving flat from December til yesterday.

I've been having a lot of trouble tonight, but we had a nasty thunderstorm etc. too so I'm just glad we didn't lose power.

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

dis astranagant posted:

Of course the fps graph isn't flat if when you disable vsync, set up a fps cap at or slightly above your display's refresh rate through your gpu drivers.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Arzachel posted:

Of course the fps graph isn't flat if when you disable vsync, set up a fps cap at or slightly above your display's refresh rate through your gpu drivers.

It does stupid poo poo even with vsync on. I just happened to have it off for testing when I took that. Looks like the closest router at their network provider is hosed and dropping upwards of 6% of packets.

dis astranagant fucked around with this message at 06:33 on Jun 7, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Can I get an invite to the guild? IG name is "MEDS_CURE_SCHIZOS".

• Locked thread