Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Isn't singing like a major part of the characters too because of the whole Idol thing? Sales/budget aside, I could kinda see them letting the dubbing issue drop with that rather than have Steven J Blum's voice suddenly rise two octaves and sing in flawless Japanese.

It's totally budget thing though.

Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE’s story isn’t just about pop idols and poo poo. It delves into the entire Japanese entertainment industry as a whole and music stylings for various characters and locations reflect countless points. The idol portion is basically just where Tsubasa and Kirya start. Each chapter will sink into various points, such as the modelling, the acting, the arts, etc…

If you’re not into a modern tale like that, then fine, but don’t go claiming it’s all about a music you don’t like and bash it for no reason. That also goes for bashing it for not being a cynical or “real” look at the industry b/c it’s colorful and keeps a fun vibe. If the game isn’t trying to be a satirical look at poo poo and is just being unique and fun, WHO CARES? Get over yourself and just have some drat fun.

The SMT and FE teams clearly wanted to stretch their legs and see what they know to make something unique, knowing how EASY it would be to just slap together a lazy excuse to pull characters together and sell a game based on both series’ obsessive fanbases. The whole “SMT x FE placeholder was basically just them stating the teams are joining forces, THERE WAS NEVER ANY MENTION OF AN ACTUAL CROSSOVER; EVERYONE ASSUMED THAT WAS A THING. Instead, they looked to work together to make something NEW, so if you’re still not into it, be respectful and just walk away. If you truly respect these highly talented and accomplished teams, then you shouldn’t show it by crying like babies because they didn’t do the same thing as everyone else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

smell this posted:

Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE’s story isn’t just about pop idols and poo poo. It delves into the entire Japanese entertainment industry as a whole and music stylings for various characters and locations reflect countless points. The idol portion is basically just where Tsubasa and Kirya start. Each chapter will sink into various points, such as the modelling, the acting, the arts, etc…

If you’re not into a modern tale like that, then fine, but don’t go claiming it’s all about a music you don’t like and bash it for no reason. That also goes for bashing it for not being a cynical or “real” look at the industry b/c it’s colorful and keeps a fun vibe. If the game isn’t trying to be a satirical look at poo poo and is just being unique and fun, WHO CARES? Get over yourself and just have some drat fun.

The SMT and FE teams clearly wanted to stretch their legs and see what they know to make something unique, knowing how EASY it would be to just slap together a lazy excuse to pull characters together and sell a game based on both series’ obsessive fanbases. The whole “SMT x FE placeholder was basically just them stating the teams are joining forces, THERE WAS NEVER ANY MENTION OF AN ACTUAL CROSSOVER; EVERYONE ASSUMED THAT WAS A THING. Instead, they looked to work together to make something NEW, so if you’re still not into it, be respectful and just walk away. If you truly respect these highly talented and accomplished teams, then you shouldn’t show it by crying like babies because they didn’t do the same thing as everyone else.

source your quotes

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

Junpei Hyde posted:

IMO if you aren't listening to Liam O'Brien right the gently caress now you're missing out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kzSghJAxvXE&t=102s

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

There needs to be an :earpop: emote equivalent of :eyepop:

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

RyokoTK posted:

There needs to be an :earpop: emote equivalent of :eyepop:

:freakfuta:

SylvainMustach
Dec 12, 2007

Superior Trash Talk!
Haha I wasn't expecting someone to flip out over that revelation.

FWIW I'm not so upset that I'll not get the game. Just bummed because it feels so cheap.

You'd think they'd go all out in what will likely be their last good Wii U exclusive.

Like someone else pointed out, I can see why they won't spend much more on it considering how poorly it sold.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

SylvainMustach posted:

Haha I wasn't expecting someone to flip out over that revelation.

FWIW I'm not so upset that I'll not get the game. Just bummed because it feels so cheap.

You'd think they'd go all out in what will likely be their last good Wii U exclusive.

Like someone else pointed out, I can see why they won't spend much more on it considering how poorly it sold.

They're doing a special edition for it at least, so it's not like they're putting no effort at all into its release.

SylvainMustach
Dec 12, 2007

Superior Trash Talk!
I thought Altus almost always did that sorta thing. And while I haven't preordered Mirage, I'll probably be preordering whatever special SMT Apocalypse set they've got.

Again, I'm not as upset as that other guy. I'd just prefer English voice acting over a special edition.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.

smell this posted:

I agree with all of this, thank you for writing this post

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

smell this posted:

a good post, thank you taiga

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Patter Song posted:

#FE, a game that would never come to the US if it weren't for the need to fill the Wii U's terminal software drought with something.

Hmm yes let me just consult this big list of Atlus developed games this century that didn't get a western release *holds up imaginary piece of paper*

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Girl.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

I dunno, that horse could be a boy.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I have a crazy suspicion that the Link from the 2015 direct footage is a girl too.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

you mean the Linkle

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

oddium posted:

you mean the Linkle

Linkle is a distinct character from Link.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Junpei Hyde posted:

I dunno, that horse could be a boy.

Please take your binary oppression elsewhere

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Jonas Albrecht posted:

and

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

emptyquote my posts or die
Seeing as Link doesn't say a word in any zelda game, honestly, they should have had a male/female option a long time ago.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Jonas Albrecht posted:

From a dumb non-canon spinoff made by a third party. She's no more than a fanfic character at this point. If Nintendo ever chooses to canonize in the series proper her they can do so in any way they please, including just making her the umpteenth incarnation of Link.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

I want there to be a male/female option that only changes dialogue (i.e., when playing as a male, people'll say "he" and people'll say "she" when playing as a female) and leaves everything else untouched, including Link's model.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

pokemon is getting spirit fusion, america is getting hillary, zelda nx is getting linkle, one piece is getting sanji replaced with carrot

believe it

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.

oddium posted:

pokemon is getting spirit fusion, america is getting hillary, zelda nx is getting linkle, one piece is getting sanji replaced with carrot

believe it

I agree with all this except for the Sanji part

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

oddium posted:

believe it

Don't forget that Sticker Star is getting a sequel

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

a girl can dream

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I mean that as such, simply making Link female does not make that Link into Linkle.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

oddium posted:

a girl can dream

Like the Wind Fish dreams of Koholint

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Jonas Albrecht posted:

I mean that as such, simply making Link female does not make that Link into Linkle.

it was linkle in the direct

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

oddium posted:

it was linkle in the direct

I'm referring to the small bit of Zelda Wii U footage we got last November.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

the one with linkle, yeah

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

oddium posted:

the one with linkle, yeah

No crossbows, no magic compass though.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

it was just a demo

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I do recall her being festooned with crossbows and compasses, and also noticed her poor sense of direction. Yes, well spotted.

edit:whelp

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

i'm not gonna buy the weeb game

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Perfidy in the Wii U thread. The nerve of it all.

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

voltcatfish posted:

i'm not gonna buy the weeb game

ok

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Right handed. Motion controls are back!

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Oh no :ohdear:

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

smell this posted:

Right handed. Motion controls are back!

motion controls....shoot them in the back of the head and leave them in a ditch imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

emptyquote my posts or die
If the female link sets off a Ghostbusters-level internet civil war i think i'm gonna quit computers and go back to good ol' paper and pencil

• Locked thread