Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

The Shortest Path posted:

But really why does the hitscan sniper do 150 damage while the sniper with projectile and bullet drop mechanics only does 125

Probably because the hitscan area isn't the size of a house.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Bluhman posted:

If there still was any doubt, Widowmaker's Voice Actor is the same in both english and french:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DY5fDMjT8X8

I keep forgetting Blizzard games have more languages because I find it super weird to play games in PT-BR so my default language is English. I should check if they did bad accents for the accented characters here (and Lúcio's voice clips, of course).

guts and bolts
May 16, 2015

Have you heard the Good News?

flashman posted:

It is definitely possible to nerf mcree while still allowing him able to kill tracer with a combo.

Nehru the Damaja posted:

Tracer probably still gets an indirect buff in pub play because there'll be fewer McCrees.

McCree should absolutely still be able to delete heroes like Tracer and I don't mind at all, even if my most played hero is currently Tracer

the issue is that McCree gets to delete Tracer for free and exerting literally zero effort, which is hella super bad, and it's even worse that he gets to delete every hero in the game atm; once that is hopefully no longer possible and he's picked less, Tracer becomes an issue because outside of McCree and Widow bodyshots, Tracer doesn't have very many direct counters

S:76 with ult is a good one, but he has to ult just to make sure she dies half the time and have his preferred range

if McCree is nerfed as such that he is picked as a counter to Tracer and not as a general purpose murder machine, I'll be more than happy, I just think McCree is horribly loving designed from the jump is all

But really why does the hitscan sniper do 150 damage while the sniper with projectile and bullet drop mechanics only does 125

because hanzo's hitboxes are out of loving control and you can get headshot by him while actually being hit in the chest is why

just because Widow is disgusting doesn't mean we should give Hanzo buffs, he's a loving rear end in a top hat and sniping is lovely boring gameplay

Delete all snipers :mad:

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

How hard it is to hit hitboxes doesn't loving matter when you oneshot over half the characters in the game with a bodyshot + uncharged bodyshot combo in under a second because you have zero reload time.

And yeah Hanzo is fine Widow just needs to be nerfed into the ground.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

so instead of actually playing any games tonight i decided to try this junkrat volskaya jump instead

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OlxSiEZpK2E

seems to be a success

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug
they're not gonna lower widowmaker's 150 dmg at full charge or nerf fth so hard it won't kill tracer.

Lucio is top tier because of his passive healing and needs to be on the team so I'm glad people like him. And if you have a good doot once in a while then that's icing on the cake.

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

I'm not terribly invested in lucio-chat but my 2 cents is that in pub play there is little reason to run double support, and basically the only time I'd pick Lucio over Mercy is for KOTH where getting to the point first (or at least, the same time as the enemy) is crucial so they can't get a positioning advantage for free. spamming his gun is the least rewarding thing in the game except for the maybe once or twice per match you somehow finish someone off with it and go 'holy poo poo' because it's so loving rare.

also I can't wallrun for poo poo and it pisses me off so gently caress lucio

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
I tried twitch sniping today and I did better than I normally do but I deffo need more practice with it.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Dren posted:

they're not gonna lower widowmaker's 150 dmg at full charge or nerf fth so hard it won't kill tracer.

Lucio is top tier because of his passive healing and needs to be on the team so I'm glad people like him. And if you have a good doot once in a while then that's icing on the cake.

150 damage at full charge would be fine if she couldn't fire again for another ~2.5 seconds or whatever the equivalent is for Hanzo to also do the same thing, i.e. immediately kill a 200 hp character without headshots the moment they show up within your line of sight.

VV if the second shot occurs within milliseconds of the first one and you don't need to adjust your aim or account for movement or anything else at all, it might as well be.

Fajita Queen fucked around with this message at 04:23 on Jun 7, 2016

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

How hard it is to hit hitboxes doesn't loving matter when you oneshot over half the characters in the game with a bodyshot + uncharged bodyshot combo in under a second because you have zero reload time.

And yeah Hanzo is fine Widow just needs to be nerfed into the ground.

if you need two shots to kill someone, you can't oneshot them fyi

but yea there should be a bigger delay between shots for widow while scoped up

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Kerrrrrrr posted:

so instead of actually playing any games tonight i decided to try this junkrat volskaya jump instead

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OlxSiEZpK2E

seems to be a success

i bow in the presence of the master :eyepop:

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Indecisive posted:

also I can't wallrun for poo poo and it pisses me off

luciohate.txt

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Widow has an AWP that shoots like an Scout, hardly seems fair.

I mean, it lets me enjoy playing a sniper as a Bad, but

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
Turning on vsync made me realized I need either a higher refresh rate monitor, a better mouse, or both. Game looks silky smooth with it on, but I can't abide the input lag on aiming.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Wallrunning is piss easy, Lucio is still boring

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Brannock posted:

Turning on vsync made me realized I need either a higher refresh rate monitor, a better mouse, or both. Game looks silky smooth with it on, but I can't abide the input lag on aiming.

I'm glad I'm A Casual and don't notice any input lag, because without vsync I get wicked bad screen tearing to the point where it'll give me headaches. Someone said earlier that the framerate gets really bad with vsync on, but that doesn't really make sense to me unless they mean that 60 fps isn't smooth and that you need 140 or w/e. v:v:v

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Broken Cog posted:

Wallrunning is piss easy, Lucio is still boring

yeah but you were defending battleborn tho so

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Your Computer posted:

I'm glad I'm A Casual and don't notice any input lag, because without vsync I get wicked bad screen tearing to the point where it'll give me headaches. Someone said earlier that the framerate gets really bad with vsync on, but that doesn't really make sense to me unless they mean that 60 fps isn't smooth and that you need 140 or w/e. v:v:v

Vsync does have a performance hit but unless you have a low-end system you won't notice.

Honestly though even if you can't set the frame cap to your refresh rate 10fps isn't going to cause screentearing.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Lady Naga posted:

Vsync does have a performance hit but unless you have a low-end system you won't notice.

Honestly though even if you can't set the frame cap to your refresh rate 10fps isn't going to cause screentearing.

Referring to the fps limiter being refresh rate + 10 in the ingame options, right? I don't know what to tell you, I'm getting extremely bad tearing and you'll just have to take my word for it.

I get it in literally every game unless vsync is on, even when I got a new graphics card and I'm very sensitive to it so I guess maybe I should blame my (old) monitors? :smith:

yo mamma a Horus
Apr 7, 2008

Nap Ghost

guts and bolts posted:

I love one-shotting cocky Lucios that attempt this

Lucio is so incredibly boring to play most of the time that people playing him in pubs start to go stir crazy and try amusing themselves or, worse, going for a ~sick play watch this~

99.99% of the time it ends with them dead, sometimes complaining in matchchat about how terrible their team is (for not saving a diving Lucio from Genji???) and such

people tend to say things like "<character> mains are insufferable" but I don't know how you can main a specific character in this game; you can main a role, sure, but like a specific hero makes zero sense. that being said, I feel like half or maybe even more than half of the Lucios I see in pub solo queue games did not want to pick Lucio, they felt as if they had to pick him, and that creates a really negative feedback loop that probably won't be resolved until other supports get buffs, or Lucio gets a nerf

Someone give me tips on Pharah, because I really suck as Pharah and I don't want to, she's cool and gorgeous

200 damage is a pretty big single hit

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Just pick Zenyatta if your team needs a support ~gently caress the haters~

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Zenyatta and Mercy are easy kills for my tracer. Good zenyattas can kill me and good mercys can fly away to safety but usually I get the kill anyway. A good Lucio is infuriating to try and kill though, they just won't fuckin die. Fortunately I've only seen a handful of Lucios on that level where they'll juggle their auras perfectly to become super hard to hit self healing wall riding monsters

Doctor Shitfaced
Feb 13, 2012
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_UU8jqxAiHQ
https://gfycat.com/MasculineDismalBorzoi
https://gfycat.com/MediumFamousGodwit

Proposition Joe
Oct 8, 2010

He was a good man
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yrqt7WwvUKk

Glad to be a part of the team.

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe
I'd like to buy boxes but I can't because I already paid sixty dollars for this free to play level garbage

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe
Also roadhog is easy mode

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Wow, that second gif. Is that unique for Mercy's pistol, because that seems pretty egregious.

chami
Mar 28, 2011

Keep it classy, boys~
Fun Shoe
Finally played two games against good widows.

:stare: JFC no sight line is safe. Suppose I'll have to actually learn how to play Winston or Genji or something.

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

Keeby I enjoy your new title.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Grey, grey, blue, grey repeat forever :smith:

Like god, I don't even have a problem with the lootboxes but at least let me sell stupid poo poo I don't want for gold, even if it's not A LOT of gold! I'm 200 away from being able to buy a legendary skin but the past like 10 levels I haven't gotten anything but sprays and icons. On the rare chance I get gold it's from a duplicate so it's a very small amount.

I'm perfectly fine with the idea of the lootboxes but they've got to do something with them to not make them feel like a deflating balloon almost every time you open one.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Broken Cog posted:

Wow, that second gif. Is that unique for Mercy's pistol, because that seems pretty egregious.

Her pistol's a projectile weapon. Every other projectile seems to have similarly generous width.

My guess is that the hitboxes are egregiously large both to make it easier on console players and to compensate for the low tick rate (since, barring increasing the rate, the only way to compensate for less positional information is with larger hitboxes).

Mr. Locke
Jul 28, 2010

Dren posted:

Luico adds hundreds of HP to his team over the course of a fight as long as the don't go diving to their deaths and actually have half a brain to back off under heavy pressure. If he has an ultimate up, that can become thousands. No other character can possibly add that much to their team, and Lucio does most of that by existing. Literally the only way to match that is with your own Lucio, so that the only way anyone actually DOES die is by someone getting in and ham-fistedly putting people on respawn timers or some kind of pick.

Mercy is the only other character who's sheer strength is comparable to Lucio's right now, and that's ENTIRELY encapsulated with her Ultimate. When her Q isn't up, she is moment-to-moment one of the least useful characters in an Overwatch squad unless there's a player on the team on such a level above the average on either team that she can serve as a pocket support for them. She can slowly restore one other character's HP while removing herself of having any offensive impact on an encounter AND having a big glowing line connected to that target saying stop shooting this guy and KILL THE OTHER ONE but her ult is basically 100% additional HP for 2-4 heroes and is generally considered the highest priority target to take down in a fight if her ultimate is known to be up because it can and does win fights by itself. Lucio will regularly outperform that ultimate on a good team before taking his own ultimate in mind.

Add to that any of his other abilities like boosting mobility nearby squads when useful, the ability to shoot a gun (and to shoot that gun while still healing everyone around himself- Lucio 2, Mercy 0) or to use said gun's alternate fire to just delete opponents from a conflict near out of bounds areas, or even his personal extreme mobility and the ability to get almost wherever he wants while getting away from whoever he needs to. Lucio's going to be strong for a very long time- until he's nerfed so far below the ground no one can hear him drop the beat.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

If they kept Widowmaker's headshot damage the same but neutered the bodyshot damage would you guys be happy? I feel like once they do something to her, McCree (CD on FTH IMO), and Mercy (make resurrection charge slower) the game would be in a really good place with the exception of stupid meme heroes like Mei and D.Va being assy.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I will never be happy until Widowmaker is expunged from the game because getting killed by someone across the map in a single shot just sucks. Snipers are a cancer in every game they appear in.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Internet Kraken posted:

I will never be happy until Widowmaker is expunged from the game because getting killed by someone across the map in a single shot just sucks. Snipers are a cancer in every game they appear in.

Don't get hit.

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

Internet Kraken posted:

I will never be happy

Same.

Doctor Shitfaced
Feb 13, 2012

Broken Cog posted:

Nope, Overwatch's hitboxes are more hilariously hosed than...well, honestly, this may be the epitome of hosed hitboxes. Although to Blizzard's credit, they at least function. Most broken hitboxes in newly launched FPS games are typically more like "barely non-existent." Blizzard just needs to dial their boxes way the gently caress back.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
Crossfade toggle feels like utter poo poo to use. It doesn't work at all like Soldier's sprint toggle. Half the time I use it I have to make a second action to actually switch back to healing aura once I let go of Shift, otherwise it stays on speed aura permanently.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Brannock posted:

Crossfade toggle feels like utter poo poo to use. It doesn't work at all like Soldier's sprint toggle. Half the time I use it I have to make a second action to actually switch back to healing aura once I let go of Shift, otherwise it stays on speed aura permanently.

Yeah it's terrible. It also sucks if you play a lot of double Lucio because you'll be holding shift so much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

fadam posted:

If they kept Widowmaker's headshot damage the same but neutered the bodyshot damage would you guys be happy? I feel like once they do something to her, McCree (CD on FTH IMO), and Mercy (make resurrection charge slower) the game would be in a really good place with the exception of stupid meme heroes like Mei and D.Va being assy.

No, because she's mainly a problem with really good players having the ability to wipe most of a team when left even vaguely uncontested which really requires cranking out headshots. Keep her ability to quickly kill a single target because that's what snipers are for, but reduce her charge speed or increase her ammo consumption or something.