Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Poland Spring
Sep 11, 2005
we should go to the swamp and say

hey

been trying to meet you

to the pixies (skeletons are big fans of pixies)

Wait we already saw the pixies in a previous adventure gently caress 'em let's gob some lins

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
Anything that results in dead pixies is a good thing.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Outrail posted:

Anything that results in dead Pixies is a good thing.

I was always more into Radiohead anyways.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

Hogge Wild posted:

lets go see the goblin king's bulge

To the goblin infested hills. I'm pretty sure the codpiece is a key magic item. From what little I remember from my older brother's stories about playing this, it requires some lucky rolls to get, but is worth the risk. I remember he said how glad he was that he had it when he reached the DracoMummy. It also significantly improves our virility, whatever that means.

Poland Spring
Sep 11, 2005

I dont know posted:

[b] I remember he said how glad he was that he had it when he reached the DracoMummy. It also significantly improves our virility, whatever that means.

Local dragon mom's one weird tip to improved skeleton performance. Warlocks HATE her !

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem

I dont know posted:

To the goblin infested hills. I'm pretty sure the codpiece is a key magic item. From what little I remember from my older brother's stories about playing this, it requires some lucky rolls to get, but is worth the risk. I remember he said how glad he was that he had it when he reached the DracoMummy. It also significantly improves our virility, whatever that means.

We are in no way ready for the LABYRINTH module, guys. Goblin Route means Goblin King and I'm pretty sure that's like a whole separate thing in and of itself.... right?

Booty Pageant
Apr 20, 2012
we gotta get to that goblin boner page

Kilo147
Apr 14, 2007

You remind me of the boss
What boss?
The boss with the power
What power?
The power of voodoo
Who-doo?
You do.
Do what?
Remind me of the Boss.

Eighties ZomCom
Sep 10, 2008

Goblin Route.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Voting Goblins as well!

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Looks like goblins are ahead. I'd like to remind you of something from Bastard Elf before we go that way though (211):

not that we're necessarily up against the same dude but H. Skull apparently thought the Goblin King was pretty tough.

:agreed:

Two Free Toppings
Jul 1, 2007

SUCK
THE
SHIT
OUT
OF
MY
OWN
ASSHOLE
I remember the pixie leader Black Francis being pretty dang tough too. Still, if it's not too late to vote I would prefer to avoid the goblins and eat some hallucinogenic pixies.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Never too late to vote (until it is)

I have it at 9-5 for the goblins over the pixies for now though.

Blizzy_Cow posted:

What happens if we eat an elf? Are the effects better or worst than downing a few pixies?

Elves are supposed to be quite filling but they don't cause you to trip balls.

Blizzy_Cow
Feb 27, 2006
When one burns one's bridges, what a wonderful fire it makes
Well drat. Never played these games as a kid and my brothers were more into sports than these books so it's a whole new experience for me.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Still confident we can take the goblin king... as long as we raise some minions to help along the way

I Greyhound
Apr 22, 2008

MusicKrew Dawn Patrol
Goblins

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem
Can we stock up on pixie minions real quick to chuck 'em at the goblins when their king appears? That's the only way I think we could currently even stand a chance to win a fight with the Thin White Duke on our first try without losing and then being sucked into a whole bunch of fetch quests inside the Labyrinth (repairing walls fitted to non-euclidean geometries, no less!).

We're still trying to get to the Warlock's Tower, mind you~!

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Dinosaurmageddon posted:

Can we stock up on pixie minions real quick to chuck 'em at the goblins when their king appears? That's the only way I think we could currently even stand a chance to win a fight with the Thin White Duke on our first try without losing and then being sucked into a whole bunch of fetch quests inside the Labyrinth (repairing walls fitted to non-euclidean geometries, no less!).

We're still trying to get to the Warlock's Tower, mind you~!

maybe don't pick a fight with david bowie when you see him? everything he's done he's done for you after all

E: goblins coming very shortly. I warned you about things going sideways, and welp. Good luck!

Kilo147
Apr 14, 2007

What boss?
The boss with the power
What power?
The power of voodoo
Who-doo?
You do.
Do what?
Remind me of the Boss.

Saint Isaias Boner posted:

maybe don't pick a fight with david bowie when you see him? everything he's done he's done for you after all

E: goblins coming very shortly. I warned you about things going sideways, and welp. Good luck!

I vote to pick up a random goblin by his shirt and tell him he reminds me of the babe

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
I like going sideway. :colbert:

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem

Psh yeah right like the Goblin King would part with his signature codpiece so easi- oh god I forgot about all the romance subplots somehow getting shoehorned into this book...

Goblin Route

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
Pretty sure if we give the goblin King a potion of ehem 'enhancement' he wouldn't need the padded codpiece and will give it to us without a fight.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Outrail posted:

Pretty sure if we give the goblin King a potion of ehem 'enhancement' he wouldn't need the padded codpiece and will give it to us without a fight.
But we could own that codpiece AND drink that enchantment! No witch can resist this level of cod.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

The codpiece is in the item deck so you can get it, theoretically.

Anyway sorry for the late update, I thought it'd be worth chasing down all the cards for the next page for this update instead of for the next one.

250, complete:

We're heading for the hills where the goblins are.

Turning to 32:

So here we see a pile of dead demons and smashed skeles. The skeletons are beyond our power but we could raise or harvest the demons.

There's a cacodemon:
or
A howler:
or
And two Dust Devils:
or
or

You might notice they have the card type Demon : that means raising them costs half of whatever it would usually cost to raise a creature of that ESPRIT. Harvesting them costs the full usual amount. Bear in mind that if we get rid of all our "handy" arms we won't be able to carry stuff or use weapons, and if we swap both the torso and the default arm we won't be decrepit any more.

So what do we do with all these corpses, if anything? and

What's our next move?

Here's the adventure scroll:

(it hasn't changed)

Kilo147
Apr 14, 2007

What boss?
The boss with the power
What power?
The power of voodoo
Who-doo?
You do.
Do what?
Remind me of the Boss.

Loot the goddamn Caco-nut. I don't care what we do with the rest

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Raise: Cacodemon and Howler. They have Tags that'll be useful.

Leave: Dust devils. Because Devils are poo poo.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Coco-nut

Now we have nut.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
Loot the Howling Heartand a Dust Devil Digits to lose Decrepit.

Two Free Toppings
Jul 1, 2007

SUCK
THE
SHIT
OUT
OF
MY
OWN
ASSHOLE
Raise em all! We still have our sentry with us too, right?

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem
Oh My God

CACO-NUT
CACO-NUT
CACO-NUUUUUUUUuuttttttt~

Harvest everything.

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem
If we harvest everything we automatically win the first round and deal 5 damage. Kick their nerdy faces in with the Dust Digits as legs hands and you're suddenly one-shotting everything as an eye-laser-shooting knuckle-duster-devil.

Dinosaurmageddon fucked around with this message at 04:36 on Jun 8, 2016

Sax Offender
Sep 9, 2007

College Slice

Dinosaurmageddon posted:

If we harvest everything we automatically win the first round and deal 5 damage. Kick their nerdy faces in with the Dust Digits as legs hands and you're suddenly one-shotting everything as an eye-laser-shooting knuckle-duster-devil.

I agree. These parts seem pretty sweet.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Dinosaurmageddon posted:

If we harvest everything we automatically win the first round and deal 5 damage.

Not quite. We still have to roll over their base Espirit score, we only stop our opponents from rolling any d6s for having Hands. And if we win, we don't deal five damage, we just make a free attack using a bonus 5 Espirit.

Still though, that's a pretty sweet deal.

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem

Who What Now posted:

Not quite. We still have to roll over their base Espirit score, we only stop our opponents from rolling any d6s for having Hands. And if we win, we don't deal five damage, we just make a free attack using a bonus 5 Espirit.

Still though, that's a pretty sweet deal.

You're so right and yet I just got so excited by that dang CacoNut-!

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Dinosaurmageddon posted:

Oh My God

CACO-NUT
CACO-NUT
CACO-NUUUUUUUUuuttttttt~

Harvest everything.

This

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

if we're going to harvest the lot do you want to swap out the parts we already have or lump them all together? Events just around the corner are going to hinge on our standing with the Union.

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Who What Now posted:

Raise: Cacodemon and Howler. They have Tags that'll be useful.

Leave: Dust devils. Because Devils are poo poo.

This

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

I forget, is the 'caca-daemon' Easter egg in this book or one of the others?

Booty Pageant
Apr 20, 2012

if we're going to harvest the lot do you want to swap out the parts we already have or lump them all together? Events just around the corner are going to hinge on our standing with the Union.

we're gonna take em to town and hock our limbs

spread that barrel open like a trenchcoat and sell our counterfeit rolexesquestionably procured bones

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I vote to harvest the Cacodemon and the Howler, and raise the Dust Devils. Those limbs don't have hands and aren't better than our current legs by enough to warrant a switch.

e: on second thought raise the Howler too, a mage will be helpful

• Locked thread