Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hogge Wild

by FactsAreUseless

FluffieDuckie posted:

mr wild please stop suggesting the female posters squeeze their nuts tia

ok then im all out of advice

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Dunno

Macnult posted:

Think about that one time you really embarrassed yourself back in middle school.

My brain is too tired to remember memories from that long ago.

Hogge Wild posted:

squeeze your nuts

Uuh don't think I can do that, sorry.

Absurd Alhazred

by Athanatos

I Dunno posted:

Uuh don't think I can do that, sorry.

While the specifics might be irrelevant, the principle is sound. When I was forced to stay awake and listen to a dumb lecture by a trainee officer in basic, I would pinch one hand with the other to stay awake. Slapping yourself in the face a few times can also help. If you can get up and walk around, even better.

My one time stuck in a guard tower at least had the excitement of some rear end in a top hat paraglider getting way too close to base, and repeatedly asking control if I should fire warning shots ("absolutely not" was the response); guarding the arms depot required foot patrols which made sleep even easier to stave off.

To conclude, staying up when you're tired is a land of contrasts.

----------------

I Dunno

Absurd Alhazred posted:

While the specifics might be irrelevant, the principle is sound. When I was forced to stay awake and listen to a dumb lecture by a trainee officer in basic, I would pinch one hand with the other to stay awake. Slapping yourself in the face a few times can also help. If you can get up and walk around, even better.

My one time stuck in a guard tower at least had the excitement of some rear end in a top hat paraglider getting way too close to base, and repeatedly asking control if I should fire warning shots ("absolutely not" was the response); guarding the arms depot required foot patrols which made sleep even easier to stave off.

To conclude, staying up when you're tired is a land of contrasts.

This sounds good. I can def walk around if I want. I'll try the pinching my hand thing too. I went and got some spicy food so I'm hoping the feeling of my mouth burning will help as well.

Android Blues

Luvcow posted:

*scene opens with a view of the post apocalyptic snowy wastes, camera pans around and then focuses on a small ragtag patrol of death chickens scouring the landscape*

shinmai

CHK Instruction

I Dunno posted:

This sounds good. I can def walk around if I want. I'll try the pinching my hand thing too. I went and got some spicy food so I'm hoping the feeling of my mouth burning will help as well.

Okay, this will be a bit extreme, but if you have access to a clean bathroom, filling the sink with cold water, pushing your face in, breathing your lungs empty and holding your breath as long as you can, and then pulling up and taking a huge breath as you come up is a pretty killer way to ward off sleepiness for a while.
You get a pretty big hit of adrenaline and the cold water also helps by making blood flow to your face to keep it warm.

This is what I used to do when my depression was at it's worst and the adrenaline kick was literally the only thing keeping me going.

I Dunno

shinmai posted:

Okay, this will be a bit extreme, but if you have access to a clean bathroom, filling the sink with cold water, pushing your face in, breathing your lungs empty and holding your breath as long as you can, and then pulling up and taking a huge breath as you come up is a pretty killer way to ward off sleepiness for a while.
You get a pretty big hit of adrenaline and the cold water also helps by making blood flow to your face to keep it warm.

This is what I used to do when my depression was at it's worst and the adrenaline kick was literally the only thing keeping me going.

This sounds like a pretty advanced technique. I don't think I'm to that point yet but I'll keep it in mind.

shinmai

CHK Instruction
yep, it's a pretty hard-core method, best saved for when you've exhausted other avenues

Saint Isaias Boner

hi how are you

i find that contemplating the full, unvarnished horror of existence keeps me awake

hi how are you ♥

Saint Isaias Boner

hi how are you

also squeezing my nuts

hi how are you ♥

shinmai

CHK Instruction

Saint Isaias Boner posted:

i find that contemplating the full, unvarnished horror of existence keeps me awake

:stonk: same

shinmai

CHK Instruction
It's super hot outside so I bought a watermelon while at the store.
I'm also binge watching seasons 10 and 11 of Bones and the bastards making this show have slammed the seasons full of tear-jerkers.

So basically I'm sitting by the window enjoying the sun, with netflix blasting on the laptop, crying into a huge bowl of watermelon slices.

Life is weird sometimes...

Scaly Haylie

also squeezing my nuts

i can't really begin to fathom skeleton nuts. are they like truck nuts?

shinmai

CHK Instruction
I was intrigued and googled "truck nuts"

the us is a pretty great country

Saint Isaias Boner

hi how are you

Lizard Wizard posted:

i can't really begin to fathom skeleton nuts. are they like truck nuts?

Yeah you fathomed them pretty well

shinmai

CHK Instruction
get a room, you two :blush:

Renegret

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
tuesday is the worst day of the week

I don't want to be an adult today

3D Megadoodoo

It's 15:35 and I just woke up. Time for oatmeal and Blondie.

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

shinmai posted:

It's super hot outside so I bought a watermelon while at the store.
I'm also binge watching seasons 10 and 11 of Bones and the bastards making this show have slammed the seasons full of tear-jerkers.

So basically I'm sitting by the window enjoying the sun, with netflix blasting on the laptop, crying into a huge bowl of watermelon slices.

Life is weird sometimes...
Maybe Chill Watermelon will help!

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

BirryJoru

GRAMAGEDDON ISN'T OVER YET. SORRY.-RA TEHUTI :smuggo::smug::smugdon::grin::parrot:
GBS "superstar" reporting in

I'm hereby formally requesting amnesty and sanctuary here in my summertime asylum
please share with me, refuge & good times

hi

NOPE!

Renegret

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
hi

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Hello and welcome! :wave:

**shares things with you**

I hope you like them!

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

BirryJoru

GRAMAGEDDON ISN'T OVER YET. SORRY.-RA TEHUTI :smuggo::smug::smugdon::grin::parrot:
yes, this will be just fine

NOPE!

shinmai

CHK Instruction

BirryJoru posted:

I'm hereby formally requesting amnesty and sanctuary here in my summertime asylum

Hi BirryJoru!

Did you know there's a special Embassy for you fine folks from GBS? There is!

Would you like to tell us about your favourite summertime activity?

FluffieDuckie

welcome birryjoru!

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

Absurd Alhazred

by Athanatos

shinmai posted:

Hi BirryJoru!

Actually, if someone is looking for sanctuary from their homeland, going to the homeland's embassy in the sanctuary-providing country is the last thing I would suggest. :ohdear:

----------------

FluffieDuckie

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Actually, if someone is looking for sanctuary from their homeland, going to the homeland's embassy in the sanctuary-providing country is the last thing I would suggest. :ohdear:

i'm glad we have a d&d mod here to keep us from screwing up amnesty requests. that would have been super awkward

eonwe

i think he already has amnesty by posting in the hello & chat thread

welcome

FluffieDuckie

let's be super honest. everyone has amnesty here

we're like a shelter for battered posters

Absurd Alhazred

by Athanatos

FluffieDuckie posted:

i'm glad we have a d&d mod here to keep us from screwing up amnesty requests. that would have been super awkward

Happy to be of service. I'm not a lawyer, but I'm a pedant and a pessimist, which is close enough. :v:

----------------

BirryJoru

Absurd Alhazred posted:

pretty much this

shinmai posted:

Hi BirryJoru!

thanks for the link

in the summertime I enjoy going outside, catching some rays, driving my RC car and flying my kite on the breezy days

how about you?

NOPE!

Renegret

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

FluffieDuckie posted:

let's be super honest. everyone has amnesty here

we're like a shelter for battered posters

I thought you said "shelter for bad posters" and I felt at home

Then I realized my mistake :smith:

eonwe

Renegret posted:

I thought you said "shelter for bad posters" and I felt at home

Then I realized my mistake :smith:

ive been accused of being a bad poster and a byob poster

coincidence?

eonwe

BirryJoru posted:

thanks for the link

in the summertime I enjoy going outside, catching some rays, driving my RC car and flying my kite on the breezy days

how about you?

i pretty much just play video games with my wife

shinmai

CHK Instruction

BirryJoru posted:

how about you?

ohh, kite flying sounds like a lot of fun!

I like to watch animals going about their daily activities. I really enjoy watching crows and magpies especially :h:
I also enjoy not going to school for 15 weeks and going to museums, the zoo and splashing my feet in the sea :)

e:

Eonwe posted:

i pretty much just play video games with my wife
if im being perfectly honest, a lot of this as well

Renegret

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Eonwe posted:

coincidence?

yeah, probably

Saint Isaias Boner

hi how are you

hi people

sorry to be such a stranger later, i've been busy

welcome to byob, bj

BirryJoru

hi people

sorry to be such a stranger later, i've been busy

welcome to byob, bj

hi, SIB! thanks!

NOPE!

3D Megadoodoo

I bought chicken tenders. What do I do with them?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Renegret

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Jerry Cotton posted:

I bought chicken tenders. What do I do with them?

eat them