Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Don't you dare forget Krillin vs Piccolo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.
Is it weird that a guy who measures his power by hair has only ever seriously fought bald guys and another guy with power-level hair?

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

HitTheTargets posted:

Is it weird that a guy who measures his power by hair has only ever seriously fought bald guys and another guy with power-level hair?

I believe you are forgetting this epic battle:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WieHygpxsT4

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Note

Only reason Yamcha fairs even that well against Goku is because Goku was near starved and barely able to stand.

Yamcha really never did get stronger than Roshi did he

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Yamcha kept losing hair over time, and we all know the less hair you have the weaker you are.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Burkion posted:

Yamcha beat the Ginyu force in some filler, but at the very least we know he is powerful as Radditz just from the power level rating Nappa did of him.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Yamcha decided to instead of endlessly training to not be good enough for the front lines as a fighter, to turn his almost godlike strength to winning at sports, and for that he is to be lauded.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I wonder if the humans (and I guess 18) even bother to train anymore.

Also I wonder if Cell Games Satan would actually have been a fierce fighter during original DB or if he'd still get bonked by Goku free. Mostly wondering how a Yamcha/Satan fight would go, to be fair. Xenoverse 2 guys, if you're reading this, make Satan/Yamcha at the World Tournament a real thing.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

HitTheTargets posted:

uh Jackie Chun had a beautiful full head of hair I'll have you know

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Dias posted:

Also I wonder if Cell Games Satan would actually have been a fierce fighter during original DB or if he'd still get bonked by Goku free. Mostly wondering how a Yamcha/Satan fight would go, to be fair. Xenoverse 2 guys, if you're reading this, make Satan/Yamcha at the World Tournament a real thing.
I wonder about this matchup. Satan tanks hits from Cell and Buu and gets back up to fight. Tien easily broke Yamcha's leg, and Yamcha sat out the entire King Piccolo saga as a result, as well as a decent portion of the 22nd World Tournament.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Burkion posted:

he beat a saibaman that one time and those were as strong as raditz

I mean sure, it then blew up and killed him but still

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Manatee Cannon posted:

he beat a saibaman that one time and those were as strong as raditz

I mean sure, it then blew up and killed him but still

I'm not entirely sure if Roshi isn't stronger than Radtiz to be honest.

This would only apply to him at max power, of course, but we never see Raditz pull off anything like blowing away a mountain or vaporizing a moon.

The first character who does start demonstrating that power is Vegeta.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Well Raditz had literally no reason to do that.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

CharlestheHammer posted:

Well Raditz had literally no reason to do that.

Yes, but even with, like, Nappa- Nappa never pulled off the kind of stunts Roshi did at max power, and we got to see him cut pretty loose.

I forget if we ever saw him making a mountain disappear though maybe I missed that.

Now you could argue that Yamcha would at least be stronger than Roshi is normally or Roshi using just some of his power, but then I would argue that the Yamcha factor would kick in and he'd some how gently caress it up. Because Yamcha cannot ever win a fight without some kind of variable helping him out unless it is filler.

Also Yamcha is the one who got left behind because he was too weak while Roshi got to tag along to see Freeza. That speaks volumes.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

I really hope the trunks arc is goofy as gently caress, because I've been enjoying watching my friend constantly complain that super isn't serious enough and that's why she hates it.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Burkion posted:

I'm not entirely sure if Roshi isn't stronger than Radtiz to be honest.

This would only apply to him at max power, of course, but we never see Raditz pull off anything like blowing away a mountain or vaporizing a moon.

The first character who does start demonstrating that power is Vegeta.

They blew up a few mountains in the Goku/Piccilo vs Radditz fight, when their energy blasts flew off into the distance. But it was only mountains, and they seemed to be at full power so I don't think Radditz really could have destroyed the entire Earth if he wanted to.

Of course this means that Master Roshi was being a real douchebag by not stepping up to fight Radditz/Nappa.

Burkion posted:

Yes, but even with, like, Nappa- Nappa never pulled off the kind of stunts Roshi did at max power, and we got to see him cut pretty loose.

I forget if we ever saw him making a mountain disappear though maybe I missed that.

Nappa disintegrated an entire city with a gesture.

Rutibex fucked around with this message at 04:14 on Jun 7, 2016

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
Roshi got defeated by King Piccolo even when giving his all. King Piccolo is weaker than Piccolo Jr.. Piccolo Jr. got creamed by Raditz. Roshi is weaker than Raditz. Transitive property.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Piccolo also blew up the moon and he didn't need to bulk up are stand still and grunt for 5 minutes or anything like that.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

the moon has died as many times as yamcha, that's hosed up

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Covok posted:

Roshi got defeated by King Piccolo even when giving his all. King Piccolo is weaker than Piccolo Jr.. Piccolo Jr. got creamed by Raditz. Roshi is weaker than Raditz. Transitive property.

This math seems to check out.

Are there any instances of circular power in Dragonball? Character A Beats Character B -> Character B beats Character C -> Character C Beats Character A sort of thing. For example, Tien beats Yamcha, then Yamcha beats Krillian, then Krillian kicks Tiens rear end, the conclusion being that they are all in fact the strongest.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Rutibex posted:

Nappa disintegrated an entire city with a gesture.

But barely killed anyone because it was a Sunday

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Rutibex posted:

This math seems to check out.

Are there any instances of circular power in Dragonball? Character A Beats Character B -> Character B beats Character C -> Character C Beats Character A sort of thing. For example, Tien beats Yamcha, then Yamcha beats Krillian, then Krillian kicks Tiens rear end, the conclusion being that they are all in fact the strongest.

Say "Krillian" one more goddamned time and I am loving tattle telling on you, you sick monster.:qq:

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Shinjobi posted:

Say "Krillian" one more goddamned time and I am loving tattle telling on you, you sick monster.:qq:

Seriously. It's Kuririn.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

Ammat The Ankh posted:

Is it the dude from the special I never watched who controls ghosts?

Oh man if DBS actually does Tuffles But Good :allears:

Combat Lobster
Feb 18, 2013

Dias posted:

Seriously. It's Kuririn.

Uh excuse me, it's Clearin. :colbert:

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Testekill posted:

But barely killed anyone because it was a Sunday

Yeah, the town was only filled with cargo.

Too bad the cargo was people.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Raxivace posted:

I wonder about this matchup. Satan tanks hits from Cell and Buu and gets back up to fight. Tien easily broke Yamcha's leg, and Yamcha sat out the entire King Piccolo saga as a result, as well as a decent portion of the 22nd World Tournament.

Hercule is still only within the realm of human ability, roshi trains goku and krillin to go beyond that when he trains them. At best he would have done moderately well against krillin.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Hercule is more like the champion dude that Goku fought in the pre round match ups. He was a great human level fighter, totally earned his championship and all- but in no way could he compete with the super human characters. This includes Giron the monster.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

Dias posted:

Also I wonder if Cell Games Satan would actually have been a fierce fighter during original DB or if he'd still get bonked by Goku free.

Hercule is around or slightly above the level of Panpoot.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Everytime people bring up hercules strength for db, they forget how mamy gimmicks went on those tournaments. Like most of the long range stuff like energy attacks, speed, and psychic stuff would knock him out of the ring ala chi chi.

mmkay
Oct 21, 2010

Tae posted:

Everytime people bring up hercules strength for db, they forget how mamy gimmicks went on those tournaments. Like most of the long range stuff like energy attacks, speed, and psychic stuff would knock him out of the ring ala chi chi.

Eh the 21st Tournament still had guys like Nam and whatever and only Roshi/Goku were using ki attacks, I'm sure he'd do well there. Even in the 22nd there was the Werewolf and Panput, or however you spell them so Hercule would've had at least a chance at qualifying.

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

I'm pretty sure it was stated that Hercule is actually the best martial artist on the planet among those who don't know how to use ki.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

Elfgames posted:

Hercule is still only within the realm of human ability, roshi trains goku and krillin to go beyond that when he trains them. At best he would have done moderately well against krillin.

Krillin at 10 years old when he first left the temple maybe..

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Kurui Reiten posted:

I'm pretty sure it was stated that Hercule is actually the best martial artist on the planet among those who don't know how to use ki.

Yeah, but thats like saying you are the fastest runner in Nascar.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Tae posted:

could Mister Satan beat the combat stripper from the 21st tournament

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Ranfan is Videl's mom.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Ranfan is Videl's mom.

I'd love if that were true.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

New Leaf posted:

I'd love if that were true.

Videl is cool and good. Ranfan is not. Theory discredited. QED

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

So I decided to thing about this for some reason. If we consider that A) we are trying to assign Videl's parentage to a known character, B) who was around and not otherwise engaged at the time and especially C) that weird hair colors seem to be genetically dominant in Dragon Ball (cf the Briefs children, arguably Marron), then I think the best candidate would actually be Mai. Also according to the wiki, Ranfan married some dude named Trunks after the 21st Budokai (semi-canon, mentioned in Dragon Ball: Bouken Special, a character guide and encyclopedia from 1987) so that is another point against her as a candidate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

projecthalaxy posted:

So I decided to thing about this for some reason. If we consider that A) we are trying to assign Videl's parentage to a known character, B) who was around and not otherwise engaged at the time and especially C) that weird hair colors seem to be genetically dominant in Dragon Ball (cf the Briefs children, arguably Marron), then I think the best candidate would actually be Mai. Also according to the wiki, Ranfan married some dude named Trunks after the 21st Budokai (semi-canon, mentioned in Dragon Ball: Bouken Special, a character guide and encyclopedia from 1987) so that is another point against her as a candidate.

Videl's mom is an unseen character named Miguel who is dead as of the present.

If she HAS to be a character we already know, it makes no sense to make it Mai. It'd just be that woman he was hanging around with in the Cell games.

• Locked thread