Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

2K16 for free is the best PS+ title in forever, I'm pumped. I've been considering buying it since it came out and haven't for whatever reason. It paid off!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

manyak posted:

All games are sports games when you think about it

Deep.

John Romero
Jul 6, 2003

John Romero got made a bitch

MisterAlex posted:

{sigh} My first true "PS+ poo poo game" month. I hate most sports video games.
I'd have totally been down for an NBA Jam title, though... :v:

buzz off geek

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Harlock posted:

Just make a 7 foot guard and shoot uncontested shots

I've got to remind myself to do this - in 2K14 I made myself plus like another 6 inches of height and I was still shortest guy on the court.

Time for my 2K2 7 foot afro-ed white guy with max stats to make his marvelous return.

orenronen
Nov 7, 2008

Except for 2K16, the Japanese PS+ selection for this month is completely different from the western one. Some of the games have been on the western service before, but two notable ones weren't: Psycho Break (The Evil Within) for PS3 and PS4, and the Vita Umihara Kawase game.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I think it happened sometime last night thus my post:

axleblaze posted:

God damnit, what happened to the individual game pages in the ps4 store? Why did they do this?

axelblaze fucked around with this message at 23:15 on Jun 7, 2016

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

axleblaze posted:

Why did they do this?

Sony PSN

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

orenronen posted:

Except for 2K16, the Japanese PS+ selection for this month is completely different from the western one. Some of the games have been on the western service before, but two notable ones weren't: Psycho Break (The Evil Within) for PS3 and PS4, and the Vita Umihara Kawase game.

Whoa what's this? A new Umihara game or is it a rerelease of something

orenronen
Nov 7, 2008

In Training posted:

The Vita Umihara game is a port-with-extra-content of the 3DS one. It was released internationally last year.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Man, Evil Within would be a rad game to get with ps+. I don't want to pay money for it but I've always been curious. Not gonna hold my breathe for it in the west but it'd be cool.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Yeah, I'd really like Evil Within. I'm always tempted by it being twenty bucks but never enough to bite the bullet on it.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Policenaut posted:

Yeah, I'd really like Evil Within. I'm always tempted by it being twenty bucks but never enough to bite the bullet on it.

same. i rented it once and wanted to finish it at least

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

I bought it for $15 on sale at Target once and felt it was worth about that. I didn't bother finishing it. It could've benefitted from a few more months in development, less/no bullshit deaths, and the batshit nonsensical plot I guess I could take or leave. It wasn't bad. Kind of on par with a bad Silent Hill game.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

The plot, settings, characters, and monsters were incredible but the gameplay was so completely lovely and frustrating that I still regret buying TEW. I wanted to like it so bad too.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

In Training posted:

Sayonara Umihara Kawase, also available on Steam.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Good news: Persona 5 now has a release date in English, and it looks like the PS3 version is still coming for those who care.

Bad news: It's February 14, 2017.

Also World of Final Fantasy is releasing October 25th 2016, and Horizon: Zero Dawn February 28 2017.

Red Warrior
Jul 23, 2002
Is about to die!
Driveclub is not $7.50.

Red Warrior fucked around with this message at 15:32 on Jun 7, 2016

Weirdoman
Jun 12, 2001

I was walking down the street when I saw a bovus. And then it hit me...I was hit by a bovus.
It says only 13 tracks in that version, so you'll probably be making up the price in dlc unless you really just like India.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

univbee posted:

Good news: Persona 5 now has a release date in English, and it looks like the PS3 version is still coming for those who care.

Hey that just means more time to play...other games like...uh,...FF15?

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
I mean, it's not that bad of a turnaround, honestly. At least there's an announced date now.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Yeah sure that's great *lives in Europe*

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It's almost exactly the same delay that happened for 4, that's not too surprising I suppose. I wish it was around Christmas or something though!

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Hey maybe the UK won't be in Europe anymore than and we can just pretend to be small America

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life

Pablo Gigante posted:

Is NBA 2K16 the one that's basically an RPG wrapped around a sports game because whatever game that is sounded interesting

The only problem I have playing 2K16 as a single player RPG in MyGM mode is that after a couple of seasons it ends up being pretty trivial to get a team entirely of all-stars and amass about half the first round in draft picks every year. I think my 2024 Bulls team went 80-2 (simulating all games)with 18 out of the first 20 draft picks for example.

That being said, 2K16 is a great game, and you have to play through the Spike Lee story because the last cutscene is amazingly awful.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

univbee posted:

God damnit Persona Team...why do I believe your constant promises before any official announcements?

Also now there's officially a chance that Trump will have destroyed all of humanity before I get a chance ti ever Persona 5

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

axleblaze posted:

God damnit Persona Team...why do I believe your constant promises before any official announcements?

Also now there's officially a chance that Trump will have destroyed all of humanity before I get a chance ti ever Persona 5

It's not too late to learn Japanese* and import!

* - It is hella-too late to learn Japanese in time

Red Warrior
Jul 23, 2002
Is about to die!

Weirdoman posted:

It says only 13 tracks in that version, so you'll probably be making up the price in dlc unless you really just like India.

gently caress I think that's just the version they had as the PS+ version. Guess I'm burning my refund request on that.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
It's funny that I'd probably be less annoyed about the Persona thing if they didn't just constantly insist it'd be out this year in the west like they did last year. On the one hand fool me once and all that bullshit but on the other hand, christ, just don't say anything definitive about the release date until you know you idiots.

MisterAlex
Dec 4, 2004

For Blood, Comic Mischief, Mature Humor, Nudity, Strong Language, Suggestive Themes, Use of Alcohol, and Intense Violence.

Online Interactions Not Rated.
Until Dawn is $19.99 at Best Buy right now.
Same as on the PSN, but it's a disc you can sell/trade/lend, and GCU brings the price to $15.99.

Same story with Bloodborne, too.
Oh, and also The Last of Us Remastered. :v:

MisterAlex fucked around with this message at 15:46 on Jun 7, 2016

Watrick
Mar 15, 2007

C:enter:###
Games are up in NA.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Funny they seem to be doing a sale on VC points for that basketball game today.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Sakurazuka posted:

Yeah sure that's great *lives in Europe*

Hey, the PS4 is region-free, so you can just import.

axleblaze posted:

It's funny that I'd probably be less annoyed about the Persona thing if they didn't just constantly insist it'd be out this year in the west like they did last year. On the one hand fool me once and all that bullshit but on the other hand, christ, just don't say anything definitive about the release date until you know you idiots.

I don't think anyone with a realistic grasp of how localisation stuff works expected it to land any earlier than the end of 2016, and February is only a couple of months off that. It's not exactly a huge delay.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Lemon-Lime posted:

I don't think anyone with a realistic grasp of how localisation stuff works expected it to land any earlier than the end of 2016, and February is only a couple of months off that. It's not exactly a huge delay.

You're "right" given what is likely Atlus' workflow, but plenty of companies manage day-and-date releases in several languages at launch by having a development workflow allowing the translators to work on it before launch. Skyrim had that including every single book in the game for like 7 languages at least.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
The reason is because Atlus are small and Persona 5 isn't going to sell that much, unlike Bethesda and Skyrim.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Lemon-Lime posted:

Hey, the PS4 is region-free, so you can just import.

I'm not saying it's a surprise or even that bug big if a delay. It's just been already so delayed and having been constantly assured that it was definitely coming ominous 2016 after constantly being assured it was coming in 2015 makes the whole thing just kinda suck

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Is it me or every week the sales page has Atlus games and the same Young Justice DLCs in it?

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Rirse posted:

Is it me or every week the sales page has Atlus games and the same Young Justice DLCs in it?
the Young Justice sales will continue until morale improves

I think they used to rotate them in and out periodically but whoever is in charge of that must have gotten tired of it

Eldred
Feb 19, 2004
Weight gain is impossible.

El Hefe posted:

The reason is because Atlus are small and Persona 5 isn't going to sell that much, unlike Bethesda and Skyrim.

Also I suspect there's a lot more localization work needed for a game that's so idiosyncratically Japanese. Skyrim's fantasy setting is a lot more universal.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost

It will be a sad day for us all if this account ever stops tweeting.

• Locked thread