Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

duckmaster
Sep 13, 2004
Mr and Mrs Duck go and stay in a nice hotel.

One night they call room service for some condoms as things are heating up.

The guy arrives and says "do you want me to put it on your bill"

Mr Duck says "what kind of pervert do you think I am?!

QUACK QUACK

Wade Wilson posted:

No, it's actually in the IRS tax code that any forgiven debt (with about 5 or 6 very specific exceptions) results in being considered taxable income to you.

It only really applies if you get a 1099-C though, apparently, so if none of the people who had their debts forgiven get one they should be mostly in the clear.

Right, great, but it's also the law that not paying declared taxes results in a maximum fine of up to 25% of the value of those taxes and not "jail time". So I'll ask again - do YOU live in 1920s Chicago?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Even then, the IRS isn't the soulless machine that the republicans want you to think it is. If you can't pay your taxes, then you go in and tell them so they can work something out with you.

Absolute worst case scenario, they go from crushingly in debt to the hospital to somewhat in debt to the IRS.

Toys For Ass Bum
Feb 1, 2015

Marvel as a goon fucks up something as simple as snorting heroin

dethkon posted:

You chased the heroin with something designed to block its effects? Fukkin genius.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Judge Schnoopy posted:

Killing machines filled with hatred, death, and racism all designed to be unleashed when triggered

So just like Tumblr then

Letmebefrank
Oct 9, 2012

Entitled

quote:

BESANÇON, France — When two men decided to rob a McDonald’s in eastern France they hadn’t expected to come face to face with a table of hungry soldiers from an elite military force.

The armed men burst into the fast food outlet in the commune of Ecole-Valentin late Sunday, with one firing a warning shot while the other raided the till for cash. But amongst the around 40 diners in the burger joint were 11 members of an elite branch of the French Armed Forces — particularly hardened soldiers who specialize in hostage situations.

The off-duty soldiers waited for the end of the heist to intervene so as not to put other patrons in danger, Besancon public prosecutor Edwige Roux-Morizot said Monday. The first man, who was carrying around 2,000 euros ($2,270) cash, stumbled as he attempted to flee and was captured, while the other was shot in the abdomen by one of the elite forces and arrested.

The two men are currently in hospital and will appear before a judge on charges of armed robbery and violence, Roux-Morizot said.

(Not the most trustworthy source)
http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/789460/french-elite-forces-down-burgers-to-foil-mcheist

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003

RareAcumen posted:

Look and laugh at this post by some huge gun humping baby.

http://41.media.tumblr.com/434b44c8e19f1233db475b6167a1fdcc/tumblr_ntni4cpveI1t64uyfo1_500.png (:nws:)

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005

I just made a post in there, but unless you are on a really big dose, suboxone/subutex won't completely block the effects of other opiates. Still, doing heroin when you are on something like that for addiction is pretty dumb regardless

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

That's what happens when you try to cock a rifle.

It's not even the right caliber!

Lurking Haro has a new favorite as of 10:31 on Jun 7, 2016

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Wasn't snorting heroin what nearly killed Mia Wallace in Pulp Fiction?

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Yeah but she thought it was coke and you cant overdose on coke

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
im still reeling from those gun safety posts. really 'raised' my consciousness on the matter. amazing

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro

Orkin Mang posted:

im still reeling from those gun safety posts. really 'raised' my consciousness on the matter. amazing

I guess everyone missed your first hilarious post, so you had to say it twice!

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Orkin Mang posted:

Congratulations, you're now as bad as them.

FAROOQ
Aug 20, 2014

by Smythe

Alain Perdrix posted:

The last one is in England, just like the others.

Clearly Says it takes place in Chatham-Kent

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!

ekuNNN posted:

Seriously, noone gives a poo poo. Please stop serious-posting about guns.

from a couple pages back but uh...do y'all not use dogs for pigging in the US? or are these dudes just dumb?

dogs or not sometimes poo poo just happens.

fake edit: i see the dogs in one picture now.

Parts Kit
Jun 9, 2006

durr
i have a hole in my head
durr

thatbastardken posted:

from a couple pages back but uh...do y'all not use dogs for pigging in the US? or are these dudes just dumb?

Man hunting feral pigs when you have limited mobility seems like a really, really bad idea.

Schadenfreude on the pigs though is that god created Bushman.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

I apologize in advance for the watermark.

http://i.imgur.com/nNrXR9R.webm

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

KozmoNaut posted:

I'd like to know what this guy thought he was participating in in the first place that would need his arms like that, because this is loving hilarious.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Wanamingo posted:

Even then, the IRS isn't the soulless machine that the republicans want you to think it is. If you can't pay your taxes, then you go in and tell them so they can work something out with you.

Absolute worst case scenario, they go from crushingly in debt to the hospital to somewhat in debt to the IRS.

Yeah, they're actually really cool about working things out with you as long as you A) haven't been found guilty of tax fraud in the past and B) call them about the issue before they get ahold of you. Hell, even if you're a felonious lazybones who waits until his eighth letter from the IRS before calling to sort things out, they'll still probably begrudgingly offer you a payment plan. They're not the monsters that stand-up comedians and sitcoms tell everyone they are.

Also holy poo poo if someone offers you debt forgiveness, for the love of christ, talk to a professional before accepting it. The taxes on the "income" can be the least of your problems :ohdear:

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

thatbastardken posted:

Why does it look like the dog and pig have teamed up to betray the hunter before running off on their own wacky adventures as quirky best friends?

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

KozmoNaut posted:

what an odd trick

Devdisigdu
Mar 23, 2016

The shadows lengthen
In Carcosa.

FAROOQ posted:

Of which there is one in Ontario, But also one in south east England.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chatham,_Kent

There are plenty of places in Canada and the USA which share names with locations in England.

Inco
Apr 3, 2009

I have been working out! My modem is broken and my phone eats half the posts I try to make, including all the posts I've tried to make here. I'll try this one more time.

FAROOQ posted:

It says "Chatham, Kent", you dense motherfucker

NLJP
Aug 26, 2004

FAROOQ posted:

haha wow

FAROOQ
Aug 20, 2014

by Smythe
No one in the UK calls it Chatham, Kent.

NLJP
Aug 26, 2004

FAROOQ posted:

they do when it is an article and they point out, in what should have been a idiotproof way, that they are talking about the chatham in kent. so as not to confuse people. because there are other chathams.

FAROOQ
Aug 20, 2014

by Smythe

FAROOQ has a new favorite as of 16:51 on Jun 7, 2016

NLJP
Aug 26, 2004

how do you manage to put trousers on in the morning

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
Please stop responding to FAROOQ. It's the same thing every time.

e: It's like a really lovely Ken M.

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer
When you acknowledge Farooq, Farooq wins.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
I actually thought it was funny how he linked to a different place entirely, but with a similar name.

NLJP
Aug 26, 2004

Gorilla Salad posted:

I actually thought it was funny how he linked to a different place entirely, but with a similar name.

He got me good I guess?

Jaxts
Apr 29, 2008

FAROOQ posted:

To be honest, it wouldn't surprise me at all if this type of thing happened in Chatham-Kent.

So loving happy I got out of there.

pr0zac
Jan 18, 2004

~*lukecagefan69*~

Pillbug
New FailArmy is worth it if only for the kid at 2:08.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_iLLi8QmrI&t=128s

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

pr0zac posted:

New FailArmy is worth it if only for the kid at 2:08.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_iLLi8QmrI&t=128s

I predict that the one at 4:57 also likes trucks.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
http://i.imgur.com/SOTTchq.gifv

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!

Parts Kit posted:

Man hunting feral pigs when you have limited mobility seems like a really, really bad idea.

yeah probably. trying to stop him is a much worse idea.

chitoryu12 posted:

Why does it look like the dog and pig have teamed up to betray the hunter before running off on their own wacky adventures as quirky best friends?

story is that they were breaking in new dogs, the pig got loose and only the old dog (he's about 13 in that pic) was on the ball enough to catch it again. the pig did not escape.

Cumslut1895
Feb 18, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

did it just steal a bunch of money?

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Cumslut1895 posted:

did it just steal a bunch of money?

£100

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this

Devdisigdu posted:

Of which there is one in Ontario, But also one in south east England.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chatham,_Kent

There are plenty of places in Canada and the USA which share names with locations in England.

Haha, my husband grew up there and it is, indeed, a real issue. This is also the place that had so little to do that they actually organized themselves into mass-voting to get a square the Canada Monopoly, so now, right there on the board with Calgary and Toronto and all the other cities that you've actually heard of and matter. Not only is it on the board, it's the most expensive property in the game.