Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

OATH COMPLETE For now....

Skin Faces is haaaaaaaard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

I, Lord_Hambrose, do OATH these five (5) Beastman Gors. 28mm. Games Workshop.

Playing Total War: Warhammer has made me really nostalgic for Fantasy. Maybe I will get that Kings of War army done after all... :unsmith:

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
So goons! I oathed that I wouldn't by anything unplanned until I finished my Tyranids... and I bought some Warmachine models. To be fair, I needed the foam inserts for conversion work, but that is just an excuse.

So what should my punishment be? I'm thinking of donating some MKIII starter sets to the thread for the grand prize pools. Granted, those won't be out for a while and it looks like they might have some quantity issues... but there it is.

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

What a view!

Grimey Drawer

LordAba posted:

So goons! I oathed that I wouldn't by anything unplanned until I finished my Tyranids... and I bought some Warmachine models. To be fair, I needed the foam inserts for conversion work, but that is just an excuse.

So what should my punishment be? I'm thinking of donating some MKIII starter sets to the thread for the grand prize pools. Granted, those won't be out for a while and it looks like they might have some quantity issues... but there it is.
Seems fair :) I'm pretty sure people won't mind waiting for such a prize. I know I wouldn't.

nesbit37
Dec 12, 2003
Emperor of Rome
(500 BC - 500 AD)
i, nesbit37, oath for June 35 phr units for dropzone commander. will definitely do an addition to hit the theme for the month but starting here.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

LordAba posted:

You could run a competition later in the season for them.

Speaking of competitions, I ended up being busier than planned at the weekend so still need to do the Monster May-Hem draw. No time like the present I guess!

I put together an index of entrants (green basics, yellow for multiple monsters, red for village destroying): https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/15wr5xEsdGyeFVkmrYYJ8HqB5ZNBHlJFmlbfYEEmYou8/edit?usp=sharing and made a roll: http://orokos.com/roll/407998

31 and 28 means overthefalls and nesbit37 are our lucky winners, congratulations! Message me to claim your prize and we'll figure out which webstore's most convenient for you.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!
Oath partially complete: Speed painting update.

I'm actually annoyed at how well this came out. This thing, the boobie barbarian, bleh.

Indolent Bastard posted:

For June, I Indolent Bastard oath 1 Reaper Miniatures Wizard, 1 unknown mini Wizard's Apprentice, and 1 old school unknown mini Female Barbarian.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

For June, I oath one Assault on Black Reach Ork Boy by GW

He'll need a little work to meet the theme, but I have a knife here.

nesbit37
Dec 12, 2003
Emperor of Rome
(500 BC - 500 AD)

Zark the Damned posted:

Speaking of competitions, I ended up being busier than planned at the weekend so still need to do the Monster May-Hem draw. No time like the present I guess!

I put together an index of entrants (green basics, yellow for multiple monsters, red for village destroying): https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/15wr5xEsdGyeFVkmrYYJ8HqB5ZNBHlJFmlbfYEEmYou8/edit?usp=sharing and made a roll: http://orokos.com/roll/407998

31 and 28 means overthefalls and nesbit37 are our lucky winners, congratulations! Message me to claim your prize and we'll figure out which webstore's most convenient for you.

Awesome, thanks Zark!

Geisladisk
Sep 15, 2007

Indolent Bastard posted:

Oath partially complete: Speed painting update.

I'm actually annoyed at how well this came out. This thing, the boobie barbarian, bleh.

I dunno, I despise "sexy" minis and I actually don't mind this one. Yes, she's barechest, but her pose is strong and intimidating, and she's got a angry scowl on. It's obviously a play on the Conan the Barbarian archetype, only gender swapped. That mini doesn't really feel gratuitous in the same way that, for instance, those terrible off-brand female space marines which I can't be bothered to remember the name of right now do. :shrug:

The paint job is really good, too.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

Geisladisk posted:

I dunno, I despise "sexy" minis and I actually don't mind this one. Yes, she's barechest, but her pose is strong and intimidating, and she's got a angry scowl on. It's obviously a play on the Conan the Barbarian archetype, only gender swapped. That mini doesn't really feel gratuitous in the same way that, for instance, those terrible off-brand female space marines which I can't be bothered to remember the name of right now do. :shrug:

Yeah, it's not terrible, but I still think it looks goofy and if I keep it she will be buried deep in my minis cabinet.

Geisladisk posted:

The paint job is really good, too.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.
Hey krushgroove, I sent you a PM about the avatar stuff.

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Crosspost from the miniatures painting thread: Oath is coming along nicely!

Did some work on my oath last night, and managed to get my Summoner complete for my frostgrave warband. I'm really pleased with how the stone turned out, and fairly happy with the model itself.

The wash was still drying on the green side of the cthulu rock, which is why it's glossy. it's since dulled.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
I, SRM, Oath these 6 Guildball guys by Steamforged Games (28mm)

overthefalls
Apr 17, 2005

"They called you exotic, which is just people talk for awesome!"

Zark the Damned posted:

Awesome! Thank you!

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

When the light turns green, you go. When the light turns red, you stop. But what do you do when the light turns blue with orange and lavender spots?

LordAba posted:

I've only been able to play a few war machine games on vassal but have had fun so far! A starter set would be a great prize!

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

I oath, for the month of June, Jaq, Kraken and Salt, from the Fishermen for Guild Ball

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

To boldly be eaten where no grot has been eaten before!
I, Thundercloud, oath this Ghar Outcast command squad figure from Gates of Antares by Warlord games in 28mm scale. He's got a lot of flesh, but I'll be oathing other outcast figures with even more flesh later in the month, this model is to test out the flesh scheme. I think smaller and more manageable Oaths is probably the way to go for me, as I finished some stuff last month but not all of it.

Nichol
May 18, 2004

Sly Dog
Oath wip update: all the nids done, crisis suits about half done. Making okay time, basically:

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Fa la lanky down dilly, motherfuckers.

I, Iceclaw, Oath to paint this Widowmaker Marksman and the three minis from this Mason Starter Set, along with a ball. In addition, I'll craft and paint a thematically appropriate goal for them.

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER
I, Lord Hypnostache, oath one Vampire chilling on some stairs. GW 28mm. Technically it's not a complete model, but a piece of the coven throne, but my hobbytime this month is severely limited, so there's no way I'd be able to finish the whole model, that things is huge.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
Oath Complete!

I would like to claim the theme for Rage, who's chilling out with his butcher knife and a fine cigar.

GoodBee
Apr 8, 2004

I, GoodBee, oath Dominar Rasheth. Privateer Press, 28mm.

I'm joining the fat man crew.

I'm also excited because the minis I ordered for my July oath came in today.

I've got a question about the July terrain challenge. I'm thinking about building a couple of small terrain pieces using balsa wood and maybe a small pond using water effects. I don't quite have a plan yet and I'm wondering at what stage should I oath it? I'm thinking parts of it will be painted before I build the rest. Should I do WIP pics on that to be safe? The other idea I might go with is some area terrain on mouse pad material.

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Hope you're having an amazing day

GoodBee posted:

I've got a question about the July terrain challenge. I'm thinking about building a couple of small terrain pieces using balsa wood and maybe a small pond using water effects. I don't quite have a plan yet and I'm wondering at what stage should I oath it? I'm thinking parts of it will be painted before I build the rest. Should I do WIP pics on that to be safe? The other idea I might go with is some area terrain on mouse pad material.

I'm kinda hoping stuff that's built but not yet painted is going to be ok, it's a good question. I've got a few bits built that I'm holding off undercoating because I'm saving them for July, but if it has to be built in the same month... well that's a different story, it takes me months to start and finish a piece of terrain :D

GoodBee
Apr 8, 2004

enri posted:

I'm kinda hoping stuff that's built but not yet painted is going to be ok, it's a good question. I've got a few bits built that I'm holding off undercoating because I'm saving them for July, but if it has to be built in the same month... well that's a different story, it takes me months to start and finish a piece of terrain :D

I figured completely built but unpainted would be fine. I was kind of planning to wing it and just start building and painting stuff until I liked the end result. I could probably plan better and assemble enough unpainted for my oath ahead of time.

It's been a really long time since I've built any terrain since we've been playing WMH on laminated printouts of hills, forests and walls and stuff.

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
Still waiting for priming weather, may have to learn how to use gesso and learn where I can buy it.

Until then, plan to be painting up a winter guard mortar crew.

chutche2 fucked around with this message at 03:52 on Jun 9, 2016

Nichol
May 18, 2004

Sly Dog

Update two. Really noticing the difference between the new sculpts and these now. Blech I also piled a bunch of liquid greenstuff on to fill some ugly seams and skipped filing it down. Think I'll weather it up like caked on rust etc to cover up the ugliness one day.

Also, bring your a game to terrain month, I'm going to finish this project:

It's just primed with different colours where it will have different schemes, I assume that's not going to disqualify it?

Also looking at it, scale is unclear... it is of course 4x8...
Here is 3/4 of it being used for a game! I designed it to support multiple configurations, and had considered two boards for a 3x4 surface, but 6x3 was a pretty neat size!

Also no, teenage swarmlord was not allowed to join that unit of gaunts. That was straight cheating. Oops.

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Because I don't know what a reasonable amount of things to oath is, I, Commissar Red, add an Oath Addition of Reaper's Storm Giant and Cloud Giant.

Just to be sure, would these hit this months Theme & Technical challenges?

Zuul the Cat fucked around with this message at 15:49 on Jun 9, 2016

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Lady giant's rested pose prompted plenty of complaints, so probably.

Chance II
Aug 6, 2009

Would you like a
second chance?
I, Chance II, Oath these 10 Croak Raiders, 2 Croak Hunters, and Sacral Vault from Privateer Press for the month of June!

Also the Croak Hunters are submitted in the "Its a rescue!" category since I have based and base coated them but never got around to finishing them.

Nichol
May 18, 2004

Sly Dog
Sup. Callin' these done. Maybe some work on the silver insignia on the chest there.. bases too.

On to the next ones

Hummingbird James
Jan 3, 2013
Progress goes slowly on the Alpha Legion Contemptor; unfortunately you can't tell because of how potato the camera I'm using now is.

RUM hack
Nov 18, 2003

glug glug

I, headlor, oath this one Infinity Nomad Alguaciles from corvus belli for June.

I'm hoping this count's as a relaxed enough pose for the theme challenge. She's sorta ordering something about, rather than actually fighting.

Vermintide
Oct 26, 2013

May as well get back into painting...

I, Vermintide, oath a Reaper Graz'zt, 3 Reaper Tavern workers, and one derpy drunk from Mega Miniatures for the month of June.

Aiming for both the technical challenge with Graz'zt's mostly-nakedness, and the theme challenge with the tavern folk!

Vermintide fucked around with this message at 05:36 on Jun 11, 2016

dmnz
Feb 14, 2012

BNNRROWNWNWOWOWOWO
I DMNZ, do oath herein, to paint 2x marines and 2x stealers from Space Hulk by GW, for the month of June

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!
I, JerryLee, oath to paint ten Kings of War zombies, by Mantic, for June

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

I, Waah, oath to paint this Razor Worm (40 mm, Skorne Model, Privateer Press), for June.

waah fucked around with this message at 13:26 on Jun 11, 2016

Korwen
Feb 26, 2003

don't mind me, I'm just out hunting.

I, Korwen, oath to paint 1 Games Workshop Bloodreaver, and 5 Wyrd Miniatures Neverborn models(It's the Lilith starter box minus 1 terror tot I already painted)

rkajdi
Sep 11, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I , rkajdi, oath to paint this Fats Dominar from Privateer Press in June:

Figured everyone else was doing him, so I should to. Depending on time, there may be some additions to the figure as it were. I have to see how hard it is to get someone to sculpt a trilby for me...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

I, Galaga Galaxian, additionally Oath these Guild Ball Masons; Hammer the Captain and the monkey Marbles.

I will also shoot for the speed painting challenge for the monkey,and Hammer too, if i can manage.

• Locked thread