Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cake Smashing Boob
Nov 5, 2008

I support black genocide

Your Computer posted:

I think they've pretty explicitly stated that he's an anti-flanker, but like you say he's anti-everything right now including tanks. It sounds like they want to change him to no longer instant-kill tanks, but he'll still kill Tracer, Genji, Reaper, Junkrat, Pharah, Soldier: 76, Bastion, Hanzo, Mei, Torbjörn, Widowmaker, Lúcio, Mercy, Symmetra and Zenyatta (and let's face it, D.Va) guaranteed with no chance of retaliation if he gets the drop on them. Once every 10 seconds. I think that's dumb.

tbf McCree getting the drop on someone pretty much requires them to walk right into him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
not really, no. it requires them to be kinda close to him which means you can't ever safely go indoors when a mccree's around because he could be around a corner in the building and flash you

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

exquisite tea posted:

I know this is a controversial opinion itt right now, but I think that McCree should still be able to kill dudes after fan is nerfed.

Sure, but having a "gently caress you I win" insta-kill button against 85% of the roster is kinda silly.

Super 3
Dec 31, 2007

Sometimes the powers you get are shit.
I've been seeing double Mcrees on the opposing team lately. It's lots of fun to run into that as a tank.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Super 3 posted:

I've been seeing double Mcrees on the opposing team lately. It's lots of fun to run into that as any tank.
character in the game

Fixed that for you buddy.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Wow, console is practically a completely different game

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!
At the very least besides nerfing the fan damage they need to give fan a cooldown. I have no idea why in the hell Lucio's secondary fire has a cooldown but fan does not :psyduck:

I mean I guess theoretically you could kill 6 dudes with 2 shots of Lucio's secondary fire...if they're the worst players in the world.

Nail Rat fucked around with this message at 15:48 on Jun 7, 2016

Cake Smashing Boob
Nov 5, 2008

I support black genocide

IronicDongz posted:

not really, no. it requires them to be kinda close to him which means you can't ever safely go indoors when a mccree's around because he could be around a corner in the building and flash you

that's precisely what I'm saying

Super 3
Dec 31, 2007

Slime posted:

Fixed that for you buddy.

Agreed, it seems like I feel the pain more as a tank because I'm a big fat target that they can double fan into.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

It's 2016 and consoles have finally discovered the unbridled power of the circle strafe.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Cake Smashing Boob posted:

But with that mentality, just never go indoors. Also stay out of open areas in case there's a Widow.

You know what just stay in the spawn point.

Elpato
Oct 14, 2009

I hate to spoil the ending, but...some stuff gets eaten, y'know?
My six-stack met up with another one last night (on Numbani) that was super coordinated and competent at everything they did. Their aim was great, their levels were double ours, and they timed their ults to get maximum effect. We got our poo poo stomped hard, because we just aren't that kind of team. Half of our guys are new to the game, and the rest of us only pay token attention to things like team-comp and class counters. Is using X hero to counter Y hero fun? If not, gently caress it. These guys were just plain better than us.

The point is they outclassed us in pretty much every way, and we got our rear end kicked all the way to the payload destination.

Then I switched to Bastion and ended them all. We pushed their payload all the way back to the checkpoint. I previously had about 5 minutes logged as Bastion. Only one of them switched to Widow to take me out, and that was in the last 30 seconds of the match after we wiped them again.

Turns out there is a lovely pub inside all of us. Even the level ~80s.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

I'm okay with all the heroes as long as they pose no personal risk to me and I can do all the cool poo poo I want.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Edmond Dantes posted:

But with that mentality, just never go indoors. Also stay out of open areas in case there's a Widow.

that is indeed the correct play in order to not enter situations where mccree or widow have the upper hand

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Cake Smashing Boob posted:

I'm just not a fan (:haw:) of it because every other character has to aim. Mei does the same job (you run into her in a bad spot, you're in trouble) but she still has to keep the freeze-ray on the enemy for a couple of seconds while they're free to juke about or GTFO with things like Junkrat's mine jump, Genji's dash, etc. And when the enemy is frozen she still has to line up a headshot.

Cake Smashing Boob
Nov 5, 2008

I support black genocide

Edmond Dantes posted:

A good tip.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Guy got mad at me last night for asking for a healer while I was playing Road Hog since we were getting our poo poo pushed in. He was playing Zenyatta at the beginning of the map and switched off for whatever reason. He switched to Mercy for like one life, died, said "this is why I stopped healing!" and switched to someone else. He was mad because I let him die. I mean, drat, all the healers have an "oh poo poo I'm out of here" button except Zen and all of them have a self heal. Sorry I couldn't make bullets only hit me I guess.

Did get gold for using my self heals though.

Edit: Also if I'm playing Winston should I jump a lot more? I tend to jump and then start frying people until I can go angry monkey and then I just try to knock people off cliffs. Should I just jump at cooldown because it's fun?

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Prav posted:

that is indeed the correct play in order to not enter situations where mccree or widow have the upper hand

A strange game...

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Edmond Dantes posted:

Hey that's what I dealt with on King's Row last night and it was super frustrating. A McCree always was camping somewhere in the buildings while a Widow overlooked all of the long tunnels/paths. I switched to Rein and made the Widow useless, so it all worked out, but it was actually a solid plan initially.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

Your Computer posted:

I'm just not a fan (:haw:) of it because every other character has to aim. Mei does the same job (you run into her in a bad spot, you're in trouble) but she still has to keep the freeze-ray on the enemy for a couple of seconds while they're free to juke about or GTFO with things like Junkrat's mine jump, Genji's dash, etc. And when the enemy is frozen she still has to line up a headshot.

The difference is that Mei is nearly unkillable if played right. McCree is entirely balanced around being able to gently caress poo poo up. He does not support his team (except by killing people), he can't heal himself, he can't escape if he gets in over his head. The two aren't really comparable.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Like wouldn't fan the hammer be fine if he couldn't stun you? I just don't get why he needs a flashbang

It doesn't really bother me with Mei's freezing/Roadhog's hook combo because it usually feels like it was probably my own fault I got hooked/frozen

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

PantsBandit posted:

The difference is that Mei is nearly unkillable if played right. McCree is entirely balanced around being able to gently caress poo poo up. He does not support his team (except by killing people), he can't heal himself, he can't escape if he gets in over his head. The two aren't really comparable.

Yeah, you're right.

Mei is fun and cool and fits with the rest of the crew while McCree is a badly designed character, like Widowmaker. Can't really do anything about them without a complete redesign and that's never gonna happen :smith:

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Help Im Alive posted:

Like wouldn't fan the hammer be fine if he couldn't stun you? I just don't get why he needs a flashbang

It doesn't really bother me with Mei's freezing/Roadhog's hook combo because it usually feels like it was probably my own fault I got hooked/frozen

McCree is an anti-flanker by design. If he had no ability to make flankers stay put, then he would get owned by Tracer or Reaper, the very characters he is intended to counter.

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005
Just make Flashbang root people and disable abilities without stunning. That way Mcree has to enter a DPS race with the opposing player except he now has the mobility advantage.

BAMF, Mcree balanced.

Elpato
Oct 14, 2009

I hate to spoil the ending, but...some stuff gets eaten, y'know?
Just make Mcree's flashbang affect him as well if he's close enough.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Change the flashbang to a bottle of whiskey that he throws at people. It does not do anything

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Thor-Stryker posted:

Just make Flashbang root people and disable abilities without stunning. That way Mcree has to enter a DPS race with the opposing player except he now has the mobility advantage.

BAMF, Mcree balanced.

A forced pistol duel :monocle:

e: at noon

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

Zzulu posted:

Change the flashbang to a bottle of whiskey that he throws at peopöe. It does not do anything

If the other player can catch it, then the two have a drink together and ultimately put their differences behind him.

(Also, an "o" with an umlaut instead of an "l" is one of the stranger typos I've seen...)

Slime
Jan 3, 2007
I keep calling D.Va underpowered but I have had quite a few matches where I've just wrecked with her. Just did a Lijiang Tower game where I got golds in eliminations, objective kills and damage done and it was glorious. I think people have gotten used to thinking of her as weak and thus don't quite know how to react to one that's very much trying to murder them. Even Pharah isn't safe despite her range advantage if I can get the jump on her. I chase them. I chase them into the sky and shoot them as I fall. It shouldn't work but they have no idea how to fight it.

Of course this will change when I come up against competents.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

PantsBandit posted:

(Also, an "o" with an umlaut instead of an "l" is one of the stranger typos I've seen...)

yes, truly baffling

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

McCree with lower fan damage should be reasonable. Meanwhile, Widowmaker still feels like she was dropped in from a different game without Blizzard's design values.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Prav posted:

yes, truly baffling

Waste of keys, could just do shift + umlaut Ö

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Tales of Woe posted:

McCree with lower fan damage should be reasonable. Meanwhile, Widowmaker still feels like she was dropped in from a different game without Blizzard's design values.

Yeah, but how low?

Right now he has a 420hp damage potential. That kills 85% of the roster except for Reinhardt, Winston and Roadhog. If you tune the damage down to say, 300 he still murders everyone but you just add Zarya (at 400hp) to the "survivors" list.

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

Prav posted:

yes, truly baffling

lol your keyboard's dumb

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

PantsBandit posted:

The difference is that Mei is nearly unkillable if played right.
[citation needed]

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Edmond Dantes posted:

Yeah, but how low?

Right now he has a 420hp damage potential. That kills 85% of the roster except for Reinhardt, Winston and Roadhog. If you tune the damage down to say, 300 he still murders everyone but you just add Zarya (at 400hp) to the "survivors" list.

Thats also ignoring his roll which reloads his gun and allows another fan

Super 3
Dec 31, 2007

Tales of Woe posted:

What if his Fan had horizontal recoil spread instead of vertical and a cool down? You could still one shot in some situations but it would be harder.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

Prav posted:

yes, truly baffling

I've never seen a keyboard laid out like that in my life :shrug:

guess it's a European thing.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

The proposed changes to POTG sounded interesting. Like what I got from it was that instead of just watching a Widow lazily scope 3 people it'd maybe zoom out to an external camera of those chumps going down in 300 slow-mo style.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007
I am the goons furiously posting about needed balance changes, optimal team comps, and about the lore for a 20$ casual team online shoot man game with 24 tick rate servers.

No wait that's you.