Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
DONALD LOVES THE WOMEN AND THE WOMEN LOVE DONALD.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/trump-broke-glass-ceiling-construction-industry

quote:

Trump: I'm The One Who ‘Really Broke The Glass Ceiling’

Donald Trump patted himself on the back for the help he had provided to his female employees during a Monday night appearance on Fox News’ “O’Reilly Factor,” calling himself “the one that really broke the glass ceiling.”

“I have great respect for women,” Trump said. “I was the one that really broke the glass ceiling on behalf of women more than anybody in the construction industry. And my relationship, I think, is going to end up being very good with women.”

The billionaire real estate mogul has faced a steady stream of criticism on the campaign trail for his offensive comments about women, including his Democratic opponent Hillary Clinton.

On Monday, he repeated his litany of critiques against Clinton including that she is “not honest,” unable to “secure” the country, and unprepared to sit in the Oval office.

“I don't think even think she is capable,” Trump told O’Reilly. “Look at her decisions.”

The Associated Press reported late Monday night that Clinton secured the number of delegates needed to win the Democratic party’s nomination, making her the first female candidate to lead a major party ticket.

Trump also batted down O’Reilly’s question about a recent Boston Globe report that said Trump paid his female campaign staffers a third less than their male counterparts.

“I have some women making a lot of money and making more money than men in comparable positions,” Trump insisted, saying he pays “based on talent.”

“I just checked with my people on the election stuff, and they tell me that that's wrong,” he went on. “There are different jobs and different categories and everything else. But, when you end it all out, it's essentially the same.”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Rubber Tucky posted:

Wait.

Shatner?

Shatner's version is objectively better than Pulp's.

e: Cocker's smarmy. Shatner's mad.

Xanderkish
Aug 10, 2011

Hello!

Amazing how a single man can so consistently say exactly the worst thing he could possibly say in every single situation.

Ulf
Jul 15, 2001

FOUR COLORS
ONE LOVE
Nap Ghost
The album "Has Been" owes more to Ben Folds than Shatner and is actually pretty good. That said I was a Pulp fan long before the cover came out so there's no saving me there.

In political news: Each successive election continues being more This loving Election than the last.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

Xanderkish posted:

Amazing how a single man can so consistently say exactly the worst thing he could possibly say in every single situation.

He's had a lot of practice.

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!
I can't trust this anymore (reality). He's doing this to himself...a lot, in like one day he did this. All he had to do was nothing, but instead he says these things. I cannot understand. :psyboom:

on the other hand:

I watched the news and LOL'd several times last night. This is good stuff!

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
One might even say that he can't stop trumping himself.

Bunleigh
Jun 6, 2005

by exmarx
Facebook sure is so fuckin salty after the AP call last night.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I think we need to move up the over/under date that Trump calls Hillary something sexist to like next week the way this is going

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

Bunleigh posted:

Ugh, tell me about it. So many people blaming Clinton and saying this is a move to delegitimize California and Bernie

Xanderkish
Aug 10, 2011

Hello!

Bunleigh posted:

I've seen people straight-up calling it establishment propaganda or doing the classier "Hmmm, it sure is suspicious that the AP posts this right before the California primary."

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

citybeatnik posted:

I've heard both of these, the Shatner cover after I heard the Pulp version and I -still- prefer the former over the latter.

It's like how Johnny Cash took Hurt from Trent Reznor.

the most offensive opinion in the thread

Bunleigh
Jun 6, 2005

by exmarx

Xanderkish posted:

I've seen people straight-up calling it establishment propaganda or doing the classier "Hmmm, it sure is suspicious that the AP posts this right before the California primary."

I have a dude calling it corporate voter suppression.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Did Grassley make a pass at Harry Reid's wife or something.
https://twitter.com/bridgetbhc/status/740183433981366272

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

Bunleigh posted:

AP called it, Hillary said "lol no", and then AP called her "the presumptive nominee".

This means that the media IS IN HILLARY'S POCKET

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Isn't it all just kabuki? Sanders is going to "keep fighting" no matter what, and Clinton isn't going to say "we're done, we don't really need to campaign any harder" either. Both of them are going to push the narrative that it's still close enough to be worth fighting for until the very last second to keep the voters fired up and to maintain good optics.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Clinton has been the presumptive nominee for some time now. This is nothing new and no one cares if your facebook friends are mad.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

You could point them to the articles from 2008 where the AP did the same poo poo they did yesterday and estimated that Obama was the presumptive and everyone reported that and HRC didn't concede for four more days.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

zoux posted:

You could point them to the articles from 2008 where the AP did the same poo poo they did yesterday and estimated that Obama was the presumptive and everyone reported that and HRC didn't concede for four more days.

somebody give me a link to one and I'll do exactly that

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

theflyingorc posted:

somebody give me a link to one and I'll do exactly that

ok

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

Shatner's version is objectively better than Pulp's.

e: Cocker's smarmy. Shatner's mad.

The English are far better at spotting class divisions than Americans are, but Americans are fundamentally an angrier people

Eat_at_Milliways
May 3, 2006
bald_kid

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

The English are far better at spotting class divisions than Americans are, but Americans are fundamentally an angrier people

Shatner's Canadian scorn is what makes his version better than the original

it's very "gently caress you buddy"

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

ReidRansom posted:

Clinton has been the presumptive nominee for some time now. This is nothing new and no one cares if your facebook friends are mad.

Yep, everything about the article just seemed to be a stupid poo poo show that no one really should of cared about. Fortunately its a stupid poo poo show that should ends after the primary result.

I really hope Sanders drops out after this and it doesn't become a month and a half of stupidity about changing super delegates minds and what not.

I mean I would actually preferred if some how Sanders magically got 90% of the primary votes today and became the nominee without any fuss, but realistically the first.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
What was the delegate count between Obama and Clinton like in 2008 at this point?

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill

dr_rat posted:

I really hope Sanders drops out after this and it doesn't become a month and a half of stupidity about changing super delegates minds and what not.

Look into your heart. You know the latter to be true.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

gradenko_2000 posted:

What was the delegate count between Obama and Clinton like in 2008 at this point?

A lot closer.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

nutranurse posted:

Look into your heart. You know the latter to be true.

I know :(

But at least everybody will be ignoring it in favor of whatever stupid poo poo trump said on any particular hour of any particular day.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Am I the only one who thinks Bernie's gonna drop out once it becomes clear that Clinton has more pledged delegates and more votes than he does? Do y'all really think he's more stupid and stubborn than Ted Cruz?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/alexburnsNYT/status/740194796795527169

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

It's a weird feeling for me, seeing the GOP in such disarray. Growing up I started being aware of politics and just what Dems and GOP were about when Bush was coming into power. Before that it was the odd Clinton reference on Animaniacs. IT seemed like the GOP were the kings of staying on message and putting forth a unified front.

So after 8 years of Obama and now the Orange Plague, it's kinda odd to see them just collapse.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

Am I the only one who thinks Bernie's gonna drop out once it becomes clear that Clinton has more pledged delegates and more votes than he does? Do y'all really think he's more stupid and stubborn than Ted Cruz?

Veering dangerously toward primary chat though we seem to be, it's already clear that she has far more pledged delegates and votes than he does, much as I personally wish that weren't the case. And even if Sanders has a really strong showing today, it won't be enough to change that or flip any supers in numbers that would make a difference. I don't have a great record on these things, but I think he'll be out by the end of the week. Continuing on beyond that does more harm than good (and possibly already has unless they've had backchannel talks about it).

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Crain posted:

It's a weird feeling for me, seeing the GOP in such disarray. Growing up I started being aware of politics and just what Dems and GOP were about when Bush was coming into power. Before that it was the odd Clinton reference on Animaniacs. IT seemed like the GOP were the kings of staying on message and putting forth a unified front.

So after 8 years of Obama and now the Orange Plague, it's kinda odd to see them just collapse.

They ain't dead yet.

citybeatnik
Mar 1, 2013

You Are All
WEIRDOS

theflyingorc posted:

the most offensive opinion in the thread

Which one, the Shatner/Pulp or the Cash/Reznor?

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

Basically this. The British seem to go "yeah this sucks but what are you going to do?" while Americans have juuuust enough of the "gently caress YOU YOU ASSHOLES I'M CROSSING THE OCEAN TO GET AWAY FROM YOU FUCKS" left in our DNA.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

That which is dead may never die.

They'll be back. But hopefully not for a long while, ideally having been crushed down to the state level and having all their fuckery undone.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

citybeatnik posted:

Which one, the Shatner/Pulp or the Cash/Reznor?

Shatner/Pulp, clearly. Everyone sides with Cash over Hurt, including Reznor.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

No, you're the one who is racist

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

What's funny is this is exactly what was leaked from that conference call yesterday. Magic tricks only work if we don't know how they're done.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

In 2008 Clinton clung on for four days after Obama had been named presumptive nominee and the final primaries were over. If Bernie is still doing the exact same shtick a week from now I'll join the Arzy Brigade.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

ReidRansom posted:

I don't have a great record on these things, but I think he'll be out by the end of the week.

Staying in until DC votes are in probably wouldn't hurt, a bit pointless yes, but its only seven more days and you could argue there is a bit of symbolism in staying in till the end. In all likelihood though I do actually think he will declare himself out after the votes are finished counted today/tomorrow.

In other news Trump hasn't twitted anything in 13 hours. Is he dead? has he been kidnapped by liberal terrorist? when will this horrible twitter silence end, who knows!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

dr_rat posted:

Staying in until DC votes are in probably wouldn't hurt, a bit pointless yes, but its only seven more days and you could argue there is a bit of symbolism in staying in till the end. In all likelihood though I do actually think he will declare himself out after the votes are finished counted today/tomorrow.

In other news Trump hasn't twitted anything in 13 hours. Is he dead? has he been kidnapped by liberal terrorist? when will this horrible twitter silence end, who knows!

Reince hasn't tweeted in like 3 days

• Locked thread