Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

IronicDongz posted:

[citation needed]

Mei is in a small room. The two of you trade attacks, and you're winning. When she's about to die, she freezes herself. You wait several seconds for her to come out. Once she does, you trade attacks again, and once again you're winning. She puts up an ice wall and runs away. Sorry, you just wasted ~25 seconds trying to kill Mei and still failed, better luck next time!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

You are doing the lords work namaste

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

exquisite tea posted:

The proposed changes to POTG sounded interesting. Like what I got from it was that instead of just watching a Widow lazily scope 3 people it'd maybe zoom out to an external camera of those chumps going down in 300 slow-mo style.

Sniper Elite slo-mo x-ray kills. :v:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

im the guy who uses the words 'autistic' and 'gay' in TYOOL 2016

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I like how lady gaga is just being a good sport while that guy is melting down like crazy

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
I thought I was imagining that when my queue ran extra long I got thrown in with gene-modified aryan supermen

I guess that is a real thing

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

A good strategy in an online game when somebody calls you terrible is to just agree with them repeatedly, which makes them even angrier.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Super 3 posted:

I've been seeing double Mcrees on the opposing team lately. It's lots of fun to run into that as a tank.

Me and my friends were dealing with a team where they had a pair of Tracers that were just RUINING our day. They were getting behind us and just loving up every plan we made. Then someone suggested one of us switch to Torb. Hoo boy can Tracer not deal with a turret at. all. They can blow it up occasionally but I can instantly build a new one. We went from just getting steamrolled cause these two Tracers were just being so obnoxious, to stopping the cart dead really close to our point because they couldn't deal with the turrets.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

PantsBandit posted:

Mei is in a small room. The two of you trade attacks, and you're winning. When she's about to die, she freezes herself. You wait several seconds for her to come out. Once she does, you trade attacks again, and once again you're winning. She puts up an ice wall and runs away. Sorry, you just wasted ~25 seconds trying to kill Mei and still failed, better luck next time!
So you're playing a character that is able to damage her faster than she can freeze/kill you, but is somehow simultaneously not able to kill her when she comes out before she reaches a point in this area where she can icewall to perfectly block you off because you're engaging her in a place that is perfectly suited for her from any angle so it doesn't matter if you circle around her while she's frozen to cut off escape routes?

I'm sure that's relevant >1% of the time, my apologies

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Super 3 posted:

What if his Fan had horizontal recoil spread instead of vertical and a cool down? You could still one shot in some situations but it would be harder.

Change it to shooting at their feet to make them dance.

No damage, but they can't act if you keep doing it.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Samara posted:

$120 on loot boxes so far. I hate you Blizzard.

Samara posted:

I'm also the guy that must be $500 into Hearthstone.

Yea, at this point I wish Blizzard had frequent flier miles.
lmao

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

neonbregna posted:

You are doing the lords work namaste

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

exquisite tea posted:

A good strategy in an online game when somebody calls you terrible is to just agree with them repeatedly, which makes them even angrier.

Me and my brother preemptively announce ourselves as the best players on the team and proceed to pick whatever we're worse at, half the time someone buys it and gets real mad.

Max Peck
Oct 12, 2013

You know you're having a bad day when a Cylon ambush would improve it.

exquisite tea posted:

The proposed changes to POTG sounded interesting. Like what I got from it was that instead of just watching a Widow lazily scope 3 people it'd maybe zoom out to an external camera of those chumps going down in 300 slow-mo style.

I want fakeout POTGs. McCree intro plays, it's high noon, suddenly he falls to sniper fire, POV shifts to cover the rest of Widow's activity somehow, Widow hooks away for an outro.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

man i sure hate playing on console

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

IronicDongz posted:

So you're playing a character that is able to damage her faster than she can freeze/kill you, but is somehow simultaneously not able to kill her when she comes out before she reaches a point in this area where she can icewall to perfectly block you off because you're engaging her in a place that is perfectly suited for her from any angle so it doesn't matter if you circle around her while she's frozen to cut off escape routes?

I'm sure that's relevant >1% of the time, my apologies

Don't worry about it, I'm a pretty forgiving person.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

exquisite tea posted:

Boy does it. I ran in to this the other day. I also used Junkrats puppet emote every time I killed him, even if it caused me to die in the process. After a few kill cams of that infuriating laugh he ragequit. I want to say quit gettin' mad at video games, but please don't because it's hilarious.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

WoodrowSkillson posted:

man i sure hate playing on console

lol

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

I've literally never seen anything even remotely like this (just the occasional sarcastic saltiness), is it really a US/EU thing? :stonk:

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

[x]

vug posted:

I'm getting the feeling that hanzo is a significantly more useful sniper than widowmaker as long as you can hit stuff with him. particularly when you're in a coordinated group because while widowmaker is a completely solo character and you can kind of ignore the team and do your own thing (as long as you're in the right place shooting the right people), hanzo can do stuff like light up enemy snipers or turrets and clear out areas with his dragons and stuff
widowmaker's primary weapon is way, way better than hanzo's. it's hitscan, charges very fast, has multiple shots in a clip with no need to descope after shooting...

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Your Computer posted:

I've literally never seen anything even remotely like this (just the occasional sarcastic saltiness), is it really a US/EU thing? :stonk:

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
Playing with goons last night we got our asses handed to us repeatedly. In the final round I'd had enough and switched to Bastion, getting 7 and 9 kill streaks right away, but the good part was that while blasting enemies on the point their Reaper decided to teleport right in front of me.

He died, died died!

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

Do you people somehow have versions of Overwatch that don't turn every little curse word into ****** *** *****?

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Ragequit posted:

Boy does it. I ran in to this the other day. I also used Junkrats puppet emote every time I killed him, even if it caused me to die in the process. After a few kill cams of that infuriating laugh he ragequit. I want to say quit gettin' mad at video games, but please don't because it's hilarious.

i accidentally used the juggle emote after killing a couple of friends i know from smite (the game likes putting me against 6-stacks of my friends when i solo queue, and one of them is an esports commentator at hirez) except there was a turret and junkrat's deadpan face as he juggled and ate several bullets to the face was pretty great

later on hollywood he was widowmaker and i outsniped him with symmetra orbs. he ate the first one to the dome and i was like "surely he will move out of the way of the second one"

he did not

esports

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

I think you have the gift of Salt, Naga.

PantsBandit posted:

Do you people somehow have versions of Overwatch that don't turn every little curse word into ****** *** *****?

You can turn language filter off in... gameplay options I think?

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

PantsBandit posted:

Czech your social options.

Here's a second-hand one.

Lady Naga fucked around with this message at 16:38 on Jun 7, 2016

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time

Prav posted:

yes, truly baffling

that key looks real surprised

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

Max Peck posted:

I want fakeout POTGs. McCree intro plays, it's high noon, suddenly he falls to sniper fire, POV shifts to cover the rest of Widow's activity somehow, Widow hooks away for an outro.

I want joke POTGs. One occurred once when I was playing Roadhog and the POTG went to McCree for shooting me in the dick a bunch of times to kill me, then High Nooning the point.

Granted, it was for High Nooning, but the intro of him unloading into my junk while I was standing above him made it hilarious.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

if you yell HARAMBE!!!! whenever you jump/ult as winston the game becomes even more fun

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Germstore posted:

that key looks real surprised

why did you press me instead of L :O

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

IronicDongz posted:

[x]
widowmaker's primary weapon is way, way better than hanzo's. it's hitscan, charges very fast, has multiple shots in a clip with no need to descope after shooting...

Hanzo is easier to play imo. Hitting people midrange is easier due to the big arrow hitbox and his secondary fire oneshots pesky tracers who get too close to you. His sonar arrow is also great AND he gets his dragon

Pros probably prefer Widow because they are stupidly good with the aim, like that guy who kills the entire enemy team as they go out of spawn in a few seconds but I've personally never seen anything like that in pub play... In pubs, widows are basically dead if people get anywhere near them while a Hanzo is still dangerous even if you're in his face

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
"Is easier" is very different than "is better"

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

"in pubs i, zzulu, get matched in" is also very different from pubs zzulu doesn't get matched it

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug
someone was asking for Pharah advice earlier:
  • learn to hit direct rockets
  • take potshots at long range for cover but only engage at medium range. close range is tricky because of self damage, use your conc blast to reset the range of the fight.
  • use your mobility to come in from unexpected angles
  • don't use barrage inside a house (the splash damage will kill you) or from way up super high (they will hear you start your super and run away before the rockets hit them, plus the rockets will be too spread out)
  • practice with the conc/rocket jumping stuff. It can give you enough horizontal speed to get out of the way of stuff like a D.Va ult or help you superjump over stuff to be sneaky.
  • if they have 76, mccree, widowmaker, or bastion limit your jumps and don't float much (or at all) because you'll get murdered.

Wish pharah had some better options for fast horizontal movement. She feels soooo slow sometimes. A hitscan secondary weapon would be good too.

anyway i hope you enjoyed this dumb post

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Nail Rat posted:

At the very least besides nerfing the fan damage they need to give fan a cooldown. I have no idea why in the hell Lucio's secondary fire has a cooldown but fan does not :psyduck:

I mean I guess theoretically you could kill 6 dudes with 2 shots of Lucio's secondary fire...if they're the worst players in the world.

this is apples to oranges, lucio's right click has CC properties, letting 2 lucios chain CC someone would be bad considering 2 lucios is already a good koth comp.

if lucio's right click had no cooldown, non flying characters would not be viable on at least 5 of the koth submaps.

PantsBandit posted:

The difference is that Mei is nearly unkillable if played right. McCree is entirely balanced around being able to gently caress poo poo up. He does not support his team (except by killing people), he can't heal himself, he can't escape if he gets in over his head. The two aren't really comparable.

agreed, because the right decision is to not pick mei

im mei's entire skillset aside from right clicks which is countered by a healer hitting the shift button :laffo:

Zoness fucked around with this message at 17:12 on Jun 7, 2016

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
the worst i get is ggez

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
how do you get all of these angry teenagers? was i rolled into the washed up grandpa queue?

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
I think some people get placed midgame onto teams that have 5 characters picked with no healer and no tank and I can see being justifiably angry at that.

Actually I get upset when I see 3 flankers picked with no frontline too, especially on payload offense. I'm not going to express it outwardly but I'd empathize with someone who did.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Edmond Dantes posted:

I think you have the gift of Salt, Naga.

Having "Lady" in the username probably doesn't help, considering the internet :(

I speak from experience.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Pwning the incels with my waifu fg character. Get trolled :twisted:
Lipstick Apathy

anime was right posted:

how do you get all of these angry teenagers? was i rolled into the washed up grandpa queue?

You queue with coolguys and we're so Good and Smart that our team MMR pulls us out of the gutter trash queue