Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

No Butt Stuff posted:

So if I get stopped because someone thinks I shouldn't be going into the men's restroom, am I just supposed to flop my dick out right there?

No one gives a gently caress about the men's room in this issue, it's all about protecting "are little girls" from the scary trans peoples.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica

No Butt Stuff posted:

So if I get stopped because someone thinks I shouldn't be going into the men's restroom, am I just supposed to flop my dick out right there?

well definitely don't kowtow to the lovely law

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/broderick/status/740127723289448448

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

WampaLord posted:

No one gives a gently caress about the men's room in this issue, it's all about protecting "are little girls" from the scary trans peoples.

You would think that, but then that guy got attacked for bringing his young daughter into the men's room rather than leave her alone.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

No Butt Stuff posted:

Finally, the excuse we've all been waiting for

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

Finally, the excuse we've all been waiting for

"Remember, Jesus had long hair and wore a caftan, so instead of 'What Would Jesus Do,' the Right Wing should ask 'Where Would Jesus Poo?'"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1_OoHyaVGk

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Trabisnikof posted:

You would think that, but then that guy got attacked for bringing his young daughter into the men's room rather than leave her alone.

I see that poo poo a lot at bathrooms at Disneyland (guys bringing their young daughters into the mens room to use it) and all that really happens is that they'll let them go to the front of the since there are way less stalls compared to the womans room.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

How many loving 'memes' are there that they require a whole bloody facebook page?

gently caress it, the world deserves trump. Let him burn it all in his tiny, tiny hands.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

showbiz_liz posted:

The cleaning lady apparently barely spoke English and was just doing her job and following the lovely law, so my friend isn't angry with her per se, but she's loving furious at the fact that it happened. Especially because this was in Charlotte, the city that passed the nondiscrimination ordinance that prompted the legislature to pass HB2 in the first place. She's filed a complaint.
The law absolutely positively does not apply in private businesses, so no, she was just being a douche.

It is also not, nor has it ever been, the job of custodial services to enforce law. I think that's...the police, maybe?

Trabisnikof posted:

I...think that was Oklahoma, rather than NC? Obviously the whole NC thing started it.

It's pretty frustrating that the fallout from a Charlotte ordinance to protect transpersons has made it more dangerous across the nation for said persons.*

*Not blaming the Charlotte ordinance, just noting the chain of events. The problem was the state house

theflyingorc fucked around with this message at 17:54 on Jun 7, 2016

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

dr_rat posted:

How many loving 'memes' are there that they require a whole bloody facebook page?

gently caress it, the world deserves trump. Let him burn it all in his tiny, tiny hands.

Get this guy some freakin' garlic bread stat.

theflyingorc posted:

The law absolutely positively does not apply in private businesses, so no, she was just being a douche.

It is also not, nor has it ever been, the job of custodial services to enforce law. I think that's...the police, maybe?

I'd be real surprised if a barely English speaking menial took it upon herself to enforce the state's bathroom regulations without being told to by a supervisor or manager.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Anyone have a list of the superdelegates who endorsed yesterday?

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

zoux posted:

I'd be real surprised if a barely English speaking menial took it upon herself to enforce the state's bathroom regulations without being told to by a supervisor or manager.
That's probably true, but that just means the manager is a douchebag.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

theflyingorc posted:

That's probably true, but that just means the manager is a douchebag.

It's douchebags all the way up.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Joementum posted:

Anyone have a list of the superdelegates who endorsed yesterday?

AP did the count that included the extra delegates, but I can't find them anywhere releasing the names.

Apparently they just phoned up a bunch, so if the superdelegates didn't also put out a public statement then AP would be the only ones who'd know.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

dr_rat posted:

AP did the count that included the extra delegates, but I can't find them anywhere releasing the names.

Apparently they just phoned up a bunch, so if the superdelegates didn't also put out a public statement then AP would be the only ones who'd know.

Well, you think they'd put out the names of the new ones, considering these are public political figures making an endorsement, right?

turn it up TURN ME ON
Mar 19, 2012

In the Grim Darkness of the Future, there is only war.

...and delicious ice cream.

Joementum posted:

Well, you think they'd put out the names of the new ones, considering these are public political figures making an endorsement, right?

Don't do something you'll regret, Joe.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

HUGE news out of Capitol Hill today
https://twitter.com/daveweigel/status/740230412778229760

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

Joementum posted:

They probably legitimately don't want a sudden rush of harassment from the crazier wing of Bernie supporters.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

theflyingorc posted:

They probably legitimately don't want a sudden rush of harassment from the crazier wing of Bernie supporters.

That's not stopping it.

https://twitter.com/amychozick/status/740228091210006528

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
There are what 700 or so. I guess not all of them are important to warrant a mention.

Here mentions Pelosi announced, but that's the only name I've seen.

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop
Just a little sidetrack, but what is the deal with the primary chat bans now? This thread is nothing but primary poo poo now, and like only two people get randomly probated/banned.

Like this poo poo right here, I'm guessing a joke about crazy Bernie supporters is gonna get me reported to a mod by a mad Berniebro.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

BetterToRuleInHell posted:

Just a little sidetrack, but what is the deal with the primary chat bans now? This thread is nothing but primary poo poo now, and like only two people get randomly probated/banned.

Also, the teacher forgot to assign us homework.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Not gona lie, if the only concession Sanders got from the Dems is that Schumer won't be majority leader then I'll take back what I've said about him.

Ok, most of what I've said about him.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

There's a difference between discussing what's going on with the primaries and the slap fight nonsense between supporters of Bernie Sanders and Hillary Clinton.

Sometimes it's a fine line, but mostly the ones that have crossed the line have been probated.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

You'd think that would be more reason not to walk on the street then answer the phone. They didn't say they would do anything to her at all when she was answering phones!

...but yeah that is pretty poo poo. Threats of violence over politics aren't cool :(

Can't we all just get along!

Edit:

BetterToRuleInHell posted:

Snitch get stitches.

dr_rat fucked around with this message at 18:32 on Jun 7, 2016

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc
its me, im the guy having a facebook slapfight with a berniebro over the definition of the word "clinch"

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
http://www.vox.com/2016/6/7/11876198/republicans-respond-trump

I almost feel sorry for Republican policy makers....Almost.

quote:

So you’ve disavowed Donald Trump. But remember, 85 percent of your party’s voters are saying they plan to vote for Trump this year. If he wins, your career as a Republican is basically over — hope you like doing cable news and writing op-eds about Where the GOP Went Wrong. If he loses, party leaders will blame you for dividing the party. Either way, you've guaranteed yourself a very high-profile primary opponent for 2018.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

theflyingorc posted:

its me, im the guy having a facebook slapfight with a berniebro over the definition of the word "clinch"

See if you can get him to say "It depends on what the definition of 'is' is."

Then claim the moral victory.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
How many superdelegates would Sanders need to flip, anyway?

AFAIK, even if they voted according to the proportional shares of the popular primary vote, Clinton'd still win. Even if they were split 50/50, Clinton'd still win. For a process that was supposed to prevent a repeat of Hubert "never ran a primary campaign" Humphrey from taking the nomination again, I could hardly fathom an outcome that is more reflective of the will of the party laypersons.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

Dexo posted:

Yeah, this is why I think all the talk of "lol why did those idiots bend the knee???" was a bit misguided - the Republicans are between a rock and a hard place. All they can do is try to make Trump's nigh-inevitable failure as muffled as possible so it doesn't destroy them in the process.

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

gradenko_2000 posted:

Exact number to be determined by what goes down today/this week, but even in the best case the answer is 'several hundred'.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
The idea of populist Sanders essentially saying "gently caress the populace, vote for me" would be the cherry on the shitpile that is this primary season.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Dexo posted:

They had ten years or more to jump off the train, and it was heading in this direction the whole time.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

gradenko_2000 posted:

That depends entirely on how he does today (well, and in DC coming up). According to numbers from 538, if Sanders wins California by 20 points, she'll be ahead by about 200 delegates at the EoD (and that's not happening).

So, giving that huge bump to Sanders -

(714 Superdelegates - 200) /2
257 versus 457 is the count he'd need to gain 200 delegates on her. Currently, she has:

CLINTON: 571
SANDERS: 48

So let's say Bernie takes all 95 remaining supers for some reason, he'd have:

143 and need 457, so he'd have to flip 314 delegates, or 43% of all delegates.

And that's if he wins California by 20 points and, for some reason, gets all their delegates.

If she slightly wins in California, that's another 80 or so he needs. The dude seriously will likely need to flip like 75% of all delegates to win the convention.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Tempest_56 posted:

Exact number to be determined by what goes down today/this week, but even in the best case the answer is 'several hundred'.

If they split delegates evenly today, he'd need almost 500 supers to flip. If every single person that votes today votes for him, just 200.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

zoux posted:

If they split delegates evenly today, he'd need almost 500 supers to flip. If every single person that votes today votes for him, just 200.

Honestly, if Bernie managed to pull like 80% in California, they superdelegates would be fully justified in flipping - it would be obvious that the desires of the party had changed radically since the start of the primary season.

However, that's not going to happen unless Hillary gets caught having sex with Trump on live TV.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

theflyingorc posted:

Honestly, if Bernie managed to pull like 80% in California, they superdelegates would be fully justified in flipping - it would be obvious that the desires of the party had changed radically since the start of the primary season.

However, that's not going to happen unless Hillary gets caught having sex with Trump on live TV.

No what we need to do is have all the primaries at the same time so a guy voting in California in June isn't either utterly critical or completely worthless and not punish voters who vote early in the primary cycle.

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop

Dexo posted:

The idea of populist Sanders essentially saying "gently caress the populace, vote for me" would be the cherry on the shitpile that is this primary season.

This is what drives me crazy, as I witnessed this poo poo on CNN yesterday when they were interviewing Bernie bros gathering for a Sanders rally.

The repeated them from supporters that the Clinton nomination would be overturning the 'will of the people'. If Hillary comes out ahead in the number of pledged delegates, superdelegates wouldn't be turning over poo poo, they'd be confirming what the majority (however slim) of the democratic voters wanted. Bernie flipping supers would be the exact poo poo they're protesting.

Talmonis
Jun 24, 2012
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

Trabisnikof posted:

All that really points to is that conservatives are going to be violent assholes about bathrooms regardless of what you do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop

Talmonis posted:

All that really points to is that conservatives are going to be violent assholes about bathrooms regardless of what you do.

To be fair, violent assholes seem to be perfectly suited for bathrooms.

• Locked thread