Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Norman Osborn, the Green Goblin, isn't all there in the head? Say it ain't so!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haitfais
Aug 7, 2005

I am offended by your ham, sir.

SonicRulez posted:

No, but why would the Skrulls oblige? If he's about to kill them, why are they granting him a final request? That's ridiculous. Why wouldn't every Skrull tell him to gently caress right off?

He probably didn't ask nicely.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

SonicRulez posted:

No, but why would the Skrulls oblige? If he's about to kill them, why are they granting him a final request? That's ridiculous. Why wouldn't every Skrull tell him to gently caress right off?
http://imgur.com/a/u5M6K (4 image album I just whipped up)

Moreau
Jul 26, 2009

Benito Cereno posted:

That is just a promotional image, one of the first drawings the artist had done of him. He was drawn differently in the actual issues.

I made the mistake of tracking it down. Oh god. I still don't think the artist has ever seen an aboriginal. But for reference, they do not look like ... whatever Kaboomerang looks like. Based on the art, he's seems to be latino or hispanic.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger
It's a hosed up plot beat, and a pretty juvenile attempt to make Venom edgier, but I can't help but smirk a little at the panel where Venom reveals himself.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Keeshhound posted:

It's a hosed up plot beat, and a pretty juvenile attempt to make Venom edgier, but I can't help but smirk a little at the panel where Venom reveals himself.

It was a pretty fun series, among the best Avengers stuff Bendis wrote.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Keeshhound posted:

It's a hosed up plot beat, and a pretty juvenile attempt to make Venom edgier

Mac Gargan/Venom murdering a prostitute and dumping her body in JJJ's home was worse.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

Mac Gargan/Venom murdering a prostitute and dumping her body in JJJ's home was worse.

Aside from that plot point, Sinister Spider-man was a good mini.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Call me a softie, but I just felt bad for those villains Venom maimed. Especially that young woman. I know some amputees in real life and it's no picnic.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

redbackground posted:

http://imgur.com/a/u5M6K (4 image album I just whipped up)

Thank you, sir. Makes a bit more sense in context. And actually kinda belongs in the thread, cause I got a kick out of it just being so ridiculous. I don't like giant Venom. I know it varies, but I kinda like him to look pretty similar to Pete, just jacked instead of all sleek and flippy. Seeing Venom be like twice the size of the Skrull makes him look like Hulk with a sick tongue.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

SonicRulez posted:

Thank you, sir. Makes a bit more sense in context. And actually kinda belongs in the thread, cause I got a kick out of it just being so ridiculous. I don't like giant Venom. I know it varies, but I kinda like him to look pretty similar to Pete, just jacked instead of all sleek and flippy. Seeing Venom be like twice the size of the Skrull makes him look like Hulk with a sick tongue.

At the end of the issue Osborn give Gargan a drug that restores the symbiote to it's original form.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Rhyno posted:

Aside from that plot point, Sinister Spider-man was a good mini.

With apologies to Gavok:

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Moreau posted:

I made the mistake of tracking it down. Oh god. I still don't think the artist has ever seen an aboriginal. But for reference, they do not look like ... whatever Kaboomerang looks like. Based on the art, he's seems to be latino or hispanic.

Excuse me, he's obviously Australian, have you seen his sentence to 'mate' ratio?

Mate.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!

I want this guy to be the villain of DC Rebirth.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Cleretic posted:

I want this guy to be the villain of DC Rebirth.

Please, he removed his own arm, that's not villain material. That's for heroes to do.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.

TwoPair posted:

Please, he removed his own arm, that's not villain material. That's for heroes to do.

We're talking about DC Comics, here. They've adopted a very egalitarian stance towards limb loss. Villians, heroes, bystanders, anybody can do it!

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Captain Bravo posted:

We're talking about DC Comics, here. They've adopted a very egalitarian stance towards limb loss. Villians, heroes, bystanders, anybody can do it!

Although he misspelled "villain", so he might not be a real hero.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.

prefect posted:

(:ssh: check the spelling in my post :ssh:)

Now try and figure out whether it was on purpose or not. :smuggo:

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

prefect posted:

"PLORP!"

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Captain Bravo posted:

(:ssh: check the spelling in my post :ssh:)

Now try and figure out whether it was on purpose or not. :smuggo:

:monocle:

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

prefect posted:

That meaty sphincter looking thing on Arm Fall Off Boy's shoulder will never cease to creep me right the gently caress out.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
It bothers me that his limbs don't fall off right at the seem between the yellow and orange.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Ensign_Ricky posted:

That meaty sphincter looking thing on Arm Fall Off Boy's shoulder will never cease to creep me right the gently caress out.

He will be re-imagined by some edgy writer as Arm-gently caress-Hole Boy

Rhyno posted:

It bothers me that his limbs don't fall off right at the seem between the yellow and orange.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

NoneMoreNegative posted:

He will be re-imagined by some edgy writer as Arm-gently caress-Hole Boy

Somewhere Geoff Johns sits up straight. His fetish has finally come to fruition.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Rhyno posted:

Nah, the yellow parts are just the condoms he borrowed from Colossal Boy to use as gloves.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

The next gritty reboot will have Arms Fallout Boy, whose superpower is surviving longer than most people do with leukemia from exposure to poorly-shielded fissile material in Soviet-era nukes abandoned in Kazakhstan.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Just finished binging Atomic Robo and never saw this one earlier in the thread so:

(v4ch5)

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Squizzle posted:

The next gritty reboot will have Arms Fallout Boy, whose superpower is surviving longer than most people do with leukemia from exposure to poorly-shielded fissile material in Soviet-era nukes abandoned in Kazakhstan.

So he's a product of the Arms Race.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

So he's a product of the Arms Race.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

I mean that's why he's not called Civilian Power Generation Fallout Boy.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

FFT posted:

Just finished binging Atomic Robo and never saw this one earlier in the thread so:

(v4ch5)

All I hear is some weird reptilian Dr. Weird's voice. :allears:

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Jiro posted:

All I hear is some weird reptilian Dr. Weird's voice. :allears:

Dr. Dinosaur is great, and I'm glad they don't overuse him. It'd be really easy for that to happen.

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

Atomic Robo is brilliant. I'm amazed it doesn't come up every few pages of this thread.

It's also all available for free online, for those who hate paper and supporting good people.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Posting Dr. Dinosaur is kind of cheating, but...

From the FCBD issue "Why Atomic Robo Hates Dr. Dinosaur and Why Dr. Dinosaur Hates Atomic Robo".

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

One day Dr. Dinosaur will save the multiverse, and Robo's head will explode.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

DigitalRaven posted:

Atomic Robo is brilliant. I'm amazed it doesn't come up every few pages of this thread.

It's also all available for free online, for those who hate paper and supporting good people.
FYI, the author (Hyperactive) posts in BSS all the time (or at least he used to).

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

He's still fairly prolific in the Atomic Robo thread

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop
I have seen some Atomic Robo scans before in BSS, but those two sets posted...that dinosaur. That goddamn dinosaur.

I need this in my life.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Lurdiak posted:

One day Dr. Dinosaur will save the multiverse, and Robo's head will explode.

Secret Atomic Robo Dinosaur Wars.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

Is Atomic Robo still going? Or is it all old issues and/or trades?