Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

Coredump posted:

...thank you blowie?

:confused:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

The Sicilian posted:

I fly around 10k a month for work and my BOSE noise cancelling headphones are a godsend. Screaming children? Dinging plane sounds? Flight attendant? Not a problem.

I paid slightly more for them, but the noise cancelling just works.

They aren't that effective against stuff like screaming children IMO. The constant low humming of a plan engine, sure, but not sudden noises. You could look into the earplug style earbuds like from Shure or Etymotic if you want actual complete silence. A lot of them let you use replaceable foam so it's really comfortable.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
$35 from a reclaim it store. Currently hanging from the walnut tree in the back yard.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Pope Mobile posted:

$35 from a reclaim it store. Currently hanging from the walnut tree in the back yard.

Now you just need a sloth.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

Jerry Cotton posted:

Who doesn't need a sloth?

beefnoodle
Aug 7, 2004

IGNORE ME! I'M JUST AN OLD WET RAG

Mu Zeta posted:

They aren't that effective against stuff like screaming children IMO. The constant low humming of a plan engine, sure, but not sudden noises. You could look into the earplug style earbuds like from Shure or Etymotic if you want actual complete silence. A lot of them let you use replaceable foam so it's really comfortable.

As another 10k/month flyer, I'll say you're wrong, at least with my QC20 in-ears.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Oh if they are in-ears then yeah they are more effective. I assumed it was the big cans.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. posted:

Who doesn't need a sloth?

People who don't have a sloth-hammock?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Mu Zeta posted:

Oh if they are in-ears then yeah they are more effective. I assumed it was the big cans.

You sexist bastard.

beefnoodle
Aug 7, 2004

Mu Zeta posted:

The headband on the cans messed up my 'do. I switched to the in-ears when they came out.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

I picked up a dremel that was on sale last week. So many things gonna get dremeled.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Coredump posted:

At hospital. Lost pebnis.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

Jerry Cotton posted:

Does a lazy, hairy man who doesn't clip his nails work?

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

And fingat.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Coredump posted:

I picked up a dremel that was on sale last week. So many things gonna get dremeled.
Is this for getting rid of nose hairs or something

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Pope Mobile posted:

Does a lazy, hairy man who doesn't clip his nails work?

Is he adorable?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

You don't need to answer that.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

For the first time in probably ten years, I bought two rolls of kitchen paper.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

Jerry Cotton posted:

Congratulations. What's the joyous occasion?

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

Jerry Cotton posted:

If a girl's coming over, make sure there's one in the bathroom. They appreciate such gestures.

knows a black guy
Jun 18, 2005

Jerry Cotton posted:

Holy poo poo dude

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

queserasera posted:

If a girl's coming over, make sure there's one in the bathroom. They appreciate such gestures.

Girls' butts aren't that much wider :confused:

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

TotalLossBrain posted:

Congratulations. What's the joyous occasion?

I found a kitchen paper roll holder in the cupboard. It'll go to waste if I don't have any.

The Sicilian
Sep 3, 2006

by Smythe

Mu Zeta posted:

I fly first class so maybe the added distance from the children helps. The cans are super soft and comfortable, I can see why you'd do in ear if you are severly autistic and need absolute silence continuously.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
FYI, I recently discovered that lots of folks sell replacement ear pads for the Bose series on amazon, if yours, like mine, have dry rotted over the years.

rockcity
Jan 16, 2004

beefnoodle posted:

As another 10k/month flyer, I'll say you're wrong, at least with my QC20 in-ears.

Agreed. I have QC20's that my work gave me for conference calls and they are amazing on planes. Waiting to take off on a plane now with them on in fact.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Keep me two wheels on the ground at all times, thanks. I should probably get some ear plugs for under my helmet though, I'm getting some tinnitus.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

Jerry Cotton posted:

Is he adorable?

No idea. I just live in Portland and figure it's easier to find than a sloth.

beefnoodle
Aug 7, 2004

The Sicilian posted:

I fly first class so maybe the added distance from the children helps. The cans are super soft and comfortable, I can see why you'd do in ear if you are severly autistic and need absolute silence continuously.

It's all about the hair. In-ear=no headband.

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

SEKCobra posted:

Those look like on-ear headphones, they can't really be noise cancelling.

Also on-ear headphones are never comfortable.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

SEKCobra posted:

Those look like on-ear headphones, they can't really be noise cancelling.

Wait why do you think on ear headphones can't be noise cancelling?

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

Maybe he's confusing cancellation with isolation? Westones or Shures are sound-isolating (ear canal is sealed against external sound), while the Bose and Sennheisers are sound-cancelling (they use a mic to create a 180-degree phase shift of external sound). They both work. Personally, I prefer the SE-530s or the w40s, but some people don't like shoving poo poo into their ears.

beefnoodle
Aug 7, 2004

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

That's not what he means. Those particular phones are only on ear phones. They're not listed as noise cancelling at all.

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf
Edit: responded to an old post. Woops.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Fayez Butts posted:

Also on-ear headphones are never comfortable.

Lies.

...unless you mean ones which sit and crush your ear itself rather than ones that fit over the ear entirely in which case I agree.

SEKCobra
Feb 28, 2011

Hi
:saddowns: Don't look at my site :saddowns:

88h88 posted:

Lies.

...unless you mean ones which sit and crush your ear itself rather than ones that fit over the ear entirely in which case I agree.

That is literally the definition of on-ear. The ones that envelop the whole ear and sit around it are called over-ear.

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

SEKCobra posted:

That is literally the definition of on-ear. The ones that envelop the whole ear and sit around it are called over-ear.

And a $10 pair worked as well (for me and my ears) as the $99-$200 dollar ones from Bose. And they're probably going to last just as long. But hey do whatever you want to do with your money :v:

SEKCobra
Feb 28, 2011

Hi

Tight Booty Shorts posted:

And a $10 pair worked as well (for me and my ears) as the $99-$200 dollar ones from Bose. And they're probably going to last just as long. But hey do whatever you want to do with your money :v:

No idea what you're on about, I'd never buy any on-ears, they are uncomfortable as gently caress. And I sure as hell won't buy anything from Bose, the #1 lifelong spam subscription seller. Because once you buy/look at Bose and they somehow get your data, you'll get their mail for about 20 years.
All I was saying was that yours aren't noise cancelling.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

SEKCobra posted:

It was 6am when I read that post, I was barely awake. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SEKCobra
Feb 28, 2011

Hi

88h88 posted:

It was 6am when I read that post, I was barely awake. :(