Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rufio
Feb 6, 2003

I'm smart! Not like everybody says... like dumb... I'm smart and I want respect!
What is twitch shooting and why does it work?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

Prav posted:

he's still at it.

if it was aimbotting it would be headshots every time

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Snazzy Frocks posted:

if it was aimbotting it would be headshots every time

if he was an idiot

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

totalnewbie posted:

What about Taimou? This clip looks suspicious AF

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRo0Csl8P2Y
this clip isn't very suspicious

a cat on an apple
Apr 28, 2013
For the first time ever I saw, "Leaving Game - Finding a more balanced match."

Matchmaking actually does try to be balanced! It's definitely not weighted to force losses on you!

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

Rufio posted:

pretty much what you just saw

when you're trying to mouse over a small, moving target, it's easier to try and flick your cursor over it and press shoot button than it is to track the target and shoot it.

in that one its p obviously a hack since he's trying to kill mercy and it's sticking to mccree's head while he's respawning

Rufio
Feb 6, 2003

I'm smart! Not like everybody says... like dumb... I'm smart and I want respect!
It's amazing how much more often bbs in games threads run into cheaters compared to the general population

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

Rufio posted:

you jerk your mouse to the target and click instead of trying to follow it around before clicking. it takes a bit of predicting the movement out of the picture and your muscle memory gets better at it over time from what im told.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Rufio posted:

you have your crosshair near a guy and you do a fast sweep over to him

it's easier to do than trying to track the guy I guess? idk why it's better but I do know that it works

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

well that footage that looks like it was recorded on a toaster is conclusive proof that this proffesional sniper is hacking. Blizzard just hasn't banned him because they're... what? incompetant? corrupt?

or maybe he's not actually hacking you dumb fucks

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
Cheating is bad, but I'd love to see a Hanzo aimbot that does ballistic headshots from across the map. Travel time means it would only work against players who are moving in a straight line, but it would still be hilarious.

Rufio
Feb 6, 2003

If they kill me, they hax

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
Big Blizz has its hands in the pockets of the professional scene, fixing matches by letting obvious cheaters participate in tournaments and systematically murdering anyone who contradicts them. Open your eyes!

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I've never been in the competitive FPS loop but apparently even hacking in these games require stupid APM, "oh it's a specific hack that he triggers with a hotkey when he's about to press M1" and all.

What happened to CS 1.5-style super self-evident aimbots, huh?

Rufio
Feb 6, 2003

Lady Naga posted:

Big Blizz has its hands in the pockets of the professional scene, fixing matches by letting obvious cheaters participate in tournaments and systematically murdering anyone who contradicts them. Open your eyes!

Wake up, Sheeple!

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

BROCK LESBIAN posted:

I never play Symmetra. I think I have like 3 games total with her. Played one over lunch and got into a group of good players against another team of good players, and since there was already a Reinhardt and Mercy and no builder I grabbed her. Holy poo poo guys. 27 kills, 47% teleporter uptime. Between Mercy and me there was never really a point that there weren't some of our players on the point. It was crazy.

She was crazy.

symmetra is good

she is pretty much my go-to on route 66 and hollywood defense now. they are perfect maps for her.

i like when the enemy reinhardt and his entourage walk past me, scoffing at a mere symmetra, and then i go over and laser his mercy. and the mcree. and the tracer. and the reaper. why are they all even here. why are they ignoring me. why are they all dead.

oh right. :allears:

Rufio
Feb 6, 2003

Would aimbots work on non hitscan weapons? Asking for a friend

Rhukatah
Feb 26, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo

BROCK LESBIAN posted:

I never play Symmetra. I think I have like 3 games total with her. Played one over lunch and got into a group of good players against another team of good players, and since there was already a Reinhardt and Mercy and no builder I grabbed her. Holy poo poo guys. 27 kills, 47% teleporter uptime. Between Mercy and me there was never really a point that there weren't some of our players on the point. It was crazy.

She was crazy.

Yeah, when she owns, she owns.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

Dias posted:

I've never been in the competitive FPS loop but apparently even hacking in these games require stupid APM, "oh it's a specific hack that he triggers with a hotkey when he's about to press M1" and all.

I liked the ones that made the guy spin around rapidly while he gets headshots across the map with the deagle

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Snazzy Frocks posted:

thats just twitch shooting and while it looks really awkward it works for some reason, from someone who decided to try using the technique yesterday and while not very good at it has noticed a positive effect

he's trying, multiple times, to aim somewhere else and his cursor keeps snapping back to someone who's invulnerable

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Dias posted:

They stopped being used because they're super self-evident?

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Rufio posted:

No because if the weapon isn't hitscan it has travel time and while the projectile is in the air the target it would be aiming at can move.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Dias posted:

they exist but obviously that wouldn't work in competition because you'd be hilariously obvious in a setting where people are actually looking for that poo poo as opposed to random pub games. also people that rely entirely on a bot to aim for them tend to be pretty poo poo at movement, which is a dead giveaway for hackers

I would imagine that it'll be fairly infrequent in general with overwatch considering the pricetag and harsh anticheat policy blizzard has going

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Cowcaster posted:

No because if the weapon isn't hitscan it has travel time and while the projectile is in the air the target it would be aiming at can move.

That doesn't mean it doesn't work, it's just less effective.

whalestory
Feb 9, 2004

hey ya'll!

Pillbug

Dias posted:

Those kinds of stealthy hacks has been in cs for a long time but just werent as obvious as the super self-evident ones... be wary out there traveler

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Cowcaster posted:

It's possible to make a projectile aimbot that calculates the vectors and tries to predict based on character distance+movement vs projectile speed. I'm not sure if one has actually been made though.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Lady Naga posted:

That doesn't mean it doesn't work, it's just less effective.

In what way is an aimbot that isn't effective "working"

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

Brannock posted:

he's trying, multiple times, to aim somewhere else and his cursor keeps snapping back to someone who's invulnerable

where is the man to the upper right? also even though i have pretty much learned the hard way that people are invulnerable for a while after rez i still try shooting them in the hopes that I can catch them right as they become vulnerable

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Also a single PoTG video isn't evidence, because client desync is totally a thing that happens if you have packet loss. See- everyone in this video complaining about killcams showing them looking at walls and other stuff. I'd need to see more footage to call it.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
i mean it was a rhetorical question because apparently now an aimbot is almost indistinguishable from a really good player but thanks for the answers

i suppose it's what happens when your competitive scene develops around online play, you don't see FGC people banned for cheating and macroing they get banned for grabbing girl's asses on camera and threatening people with guns

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Rufio posted:

They're harder to make and are less reliable than hitscan aimbots but they exist. They have to try and predict where the target will be as well as auto aiming at it, so most aimbots just go for hitscan because it's much easier.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Cowcaster posted:

In what way is an aimbot that isn't effective "working"

Less effective =/= ineffective.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Cowcaster posted:

There were working projectile aimbots made for TF2 though the only two I know of were never released; they were more proof of concept. They weren't perfect but they were pretty good.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

IronicDongz posted:

this clip isn't very suspicious

The part where he tries to aim somewhere else but his cursor keeps snapping back to the dead guy seems pretty suspicious, but I've never cheated in a game so maybe I'm wrong.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

sarmhan posted:

Also a single PoTG video isn't evidence, because client desync is totally a thing that happens if you have packet loss. See- everyone in this video complaining about killcams showing them looking at walls and other stuff. I'd need to see more footage to call it.

I see a bunch of potgs where the character models just don't load in so they're getting kills on the air

also this one guy who got 2 kills with the soldier ult and then just starts to shoot walls for no reason. no kills while he's doing it, he's just shooting some walls

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

Papercut posted:

The part where he tries to aim somewhere else but his cursor keeps snapping back to the dead guy seems pretty suspicious, but I've never cheated in a game so maybe I'm wrong.

lol if you've played this game and haven't tried to kill the freshly rezzed while theyre still invulnerable

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Snazzy Frocks posted:

lol if you've played this game and haven't tried to kill the freshly rezzed while theyre still invulnerable

It's not about him trying to kill someone invulnerable. Just the cursor movement looks completely unnatural, pulling away and then snapping back to the exact same pixel multiple times.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
well you are entitled to your god given right to suspect that asian gamer of hacking but ill just go on about my business i guess

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Papercut posted:

It's not about him trying to kill someone invulnerable. Just the cursor movement looks completely unnatural, pulling away and then snapping back to the exact same pixel multiple times.

I think this one looks more suspicious:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1d04Q4XO30

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005
I'm surprised more people aren't experiencing hackers in the Americas. It's been overtly comical these past few days where Widows/Hanzos specifically disengage from a firefight to line up a shot on a corner-flank that has an incoming threat/healer which they would have no knowledge of.
I've called them out on it and they try to claim sonar/ult was up despite visually seeing the ability being off cooldown.

Wallhacks seem to be more common than aimbots/lockons, I've only seen one "possible" aimbot in deathcam where a Tracer was dropping into a fight facing an oncoming enemy 76+Mercy only to 160-spin midair to lock on to me hiding underneath the platform.