Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Kwyndig posted:

Yes I thought you could only buy Moonstone from the GC vendor. You get some in certain Ixal quests though (the daily turn in one if I remember).

Edit: For those of us who've never bothered with Final Coil, what am I supposed to be doing during Ankh Morn?

If it's like T13 Akh Morn, you want to stack with your co-tank and pop a cooldown or two.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

funkymonks
Aug 31, 2004

Pillbug
Do we need to do anything access the new hair styles or are they available immediately?

Also thanks to everyone for a newbie run of Castrum Meridianum. I was not looking forward to doing that with pubbies while watching cut scenes.

POLICE CAR AUCTION
Dec 1, 2003

I'm not a princess

Guys I found a pomp-friendly hat

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light
Me and some friends got to the last floor of Aquapolis just now and got 100k each from the chest and along the way got a minion which currently sells for 20m, do Aquapolis.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

ActionZero posted:

Me and some friends got to the last floor of Aquapolis just now and got 100k each from the chest and along the way got a minion which currently sells for 20m, do Aquapolis.
Get out of that minion fast, even 10m for it will be a miracle given how many people are reporting rare minion drops.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

staplegun posted:

Haha, nope, they're still useless! Also, enjoy getting like another billion oakknots if you want to grind out IV crafting materia.

N..no... :negative:

Oh well, at least there's blue scrips and desynthing a billion brass rings.

CrashScreen
Nov 11, 2012

Kwyndig posted:

Edit: For those of us who've never bothered with Final Coil, what am I supposed to be doing during Ankh Morn?

Fister Roboto posted:

If it's like T13 Akh Morn, you want to stack with your co-tank and pop a cooldown or two.

It's a little bit different here. Everyone should try to soak it and the healers should be prepared to chuck out a lot of heals. The damage really drops rapidly when your full party is there, but it's more than one strike and it comes fast. It's possible for the tanks to eat it (we did so), but it doesn't seem to target them.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

Are any of the EXDR dungeons locked behind the main story? I forgot how early servers go down for major patches and I never quite finished 3.2 :saddowns:

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light
Sohr Khai is in the main story this patch.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

Dang, one of these days I'll learn to stay up to date on MSQ. Thanks!

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

BURNINATING THE ISHGARD

SwissArmyDruid fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Jun 7, 2016

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
Anyone want to get an Aquapolis stomping group together for a few hours from now?

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

SwissArmyDruid posted:

BURNINATING THE ISHGARD

Holy poo poo. :stare:

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

SwissArmyDruid posted:

BURNINATING THE ISHGARD

Oh Koji :swoon:

MadFriarAvelyn
Sep 25, 2007

For those worried about the collecting sand part of the relic step, if you're like me and have been stock-piling red scrip tokens over the past couple of patches (gathering or crafting), you can convert them to blue scrip tokens at a rate of 1 red scrip token = 4 blue scrip tokens.

This let me exchange my 112 gathering red scrip tokens I saved to 448 gathering blue scrip tokens, which I then used to buy all of the sand I'll need for the first relic, and a few extra for my second relic.

Now for the 21,000 esoterics.

:shepicide:

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

MadFriarAvelyn posted:

For those worried about the collecting sand part of the relic step, if you're like me and have been stock-piling red scrip tokens over the past couple of patches (gathering or crafting), you can convert them to blue scrip tokens at a rate of 1 red scrip token = 4 blue scrip tokens.

This let me exchange my 112 gathering red scrip tokens I saved to 448 gathering blue scrip tokens, which I then used to buy all of the sand I'll need for the first relic, and a few extra for my second relic.

Now for the 21,000 esoterics.

:shepicide:

I actually have over 100 red gather tokens because I'm too lazy to use them (but apparently not lazy enough to skip getting red gather tokens). So I'm rescued from oakknot hell!

Shame about the eso farming though.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Haven't played the game in some months and haven't kept up with the thread as a result but naturally I returned for patch. Got like maybe a 1.5 hour nap and then woke up for servers coming up and went into Weeping City after like 2 hours of situating stuff. We vote abandoned at Ozma after wiping like 6 or 7 times and only having 10 minutes on the clock.

It was awesome. :kiddo:

I'm so happy that Ozma is a facewrecker it is doing him great justice. Also that sweet IX battle theme mix for the trash segments. I haven't even touched anything else in the patch yet but this is already golden.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
Anyone else have issues with the game starting in windowed mode since the patch?

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Verranicus posted:

Anyone else have issues with the game starting in windowed mode since the patch?

Presumably it's the same issue as this:

CrashScreen posted:

It did that for me at first, but I choose fullscreen and changed it to 1080p again, and then borderless window worked.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

POLICE CAR AUCTION posted:

You have become a God in my eyes

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

what do you mean that hotkey disappeared
Made it to Ozma at Mhach. Got my face melted almost ten times before the Alliance timed out.

I know the penultimate boss being harder than the final boss was a funny thing for Void Ark, but this template was not meant to be taken as a loving challenge.

In all seriousness though, the Ozma fight is beautiful and Mhach is beautiful. I just need to remember to stop auto-attacking when he does that dumb burst bomb.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time
I have emerged from moogle hell.

I didn't choose the mog life; the mog life chose me

Death Dealer
Jul 25, 2006

So the pompadour is amazing, and it even has jiggle physics. Also pictured: my extremely green Paladin gear, which is probably offensive to someone's eyes out there. :v:

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
The cutscene post-Final Steps of Faith is surprisingly emotional. I found it very effective. :'(

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.
I want to strangle anyone signing up for Trial Roulette then leaving when it turns out to be The Final Steps of Faith.

MohShuvuu
Aug 26, 2010

I eat ass.

Dastardly posted:

I want to strangle anyone signing up for Trial Roulette then leaving when it turns out to be The Final Steps of Faith.

Sometimes queuing up for it might have been accidental. Could've been someone queuing for Weeping City and forgot to uncheck FSOF.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
Back when Pharos HM was new, I helped run some FC people through it. When I went to do HM I got normal instead. Whoops!

I stuck it out and helped that party through though since I was the tank.

ChaosSora
Feb 20, 2013

I really like the Tales of the Dragonsong War quest line you unlock after you finish the msq. It's really nothing more than going around and talking to important npc's, but it almost feels like it was a part of the msq that was removed to streamline it. Making the final part of the quest not use the journal was also a nice touch.

I'm also really thankful that the Dragonsong music scroll is just given to you, saves me from having to farm Final Steps of Faith EX.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

POLICE CAR AUCTION posted:

This is Perfect.

Mazed
Oct 23, 2010

:blizz:

So, going in with a 100% blind party is my fine patch day tradition that yet persists, only, heading into Sohr Khai, coming up against Moglin, and trying to decipher what was happening amidst the utter mayhem of that encounter is an experience I will never forget. :catstare:

Great dungeon though. Fun bosses, awesome epic-adventure feel.

Hullbreaker HM, in comparison, is easy and breezy, but still a good time to be had.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
I am so jealous that I can't be home playing right now. Let me live vicariously through you all. What order should I do things?

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

My focus is UNPARALLELED!
All glory to the pompadour.

Vilgan
Dec 30, 2012

Final Steps of Faith w/ FC wiped several times, this seems like it'd be brutal with PUGs. I am also not getting within 500 feet of the Trial Queue anytime in the near future.

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.
Final Steps of Faith is great, Ozma is great, this patch is great. That'll be all.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Piss off, kupo

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

Main story quest for this patch was short but sweet. Would have loved it to be a bit longer, but I worry it would have diluted how good it was.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
This patch was solid, but it still brings to mind how segregated the Ishgardian story is from Eorzea. Whenever the game needs you to actually take care of things in Eorzea (like the Scions or events happening in Ul'dah), time pretty much pauses in Ishgard and vice versa. Similarly, the dragons and primals seem like they pretty much ignore each other.

The Scion storyline has dragged on way too long as well with odd pauses as you and Alphinaud have to go focus completely on whatever threat comes to Ishgard.

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum
I've had really bad DC's since the patch went live :( I hope it's just my lovely internet not coping with the massive amounts of people on the servers and not something actually hosed with my connection.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Finals Steps was incredible. I'm also glad to finally have a patch that feels like it ends on a good note-though I'm sure Lost City will have plenty of poo poo hitting the fan if CT2 is anything to go by

EDIT

Vilgan posted:

Final Steps of Faith w/ FC wiped several times, this seems like it'd be brutal with PUGs. I am also not getting within 500 feet of the Trial Queue anytime in the near future.

I did Hogger with 5 other goons and 2 pugs, and the pugs seemed to mess up the least (including myself). Go figure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer
I just spent four hours decorating my house. There is more to do, but no regrets

• Locked thread